Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tainted weapons intended to affect bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Why make stuff like DS/Immo bow etc. obsolete? No reason for that - they are still used heavily and it would be a big f'you to the face to everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Having multiple weapons to play with is a luxury, not a necessity.
    If your party is being picky because they are not pleased with the choice of your weapons then there are 2 ways to deal with it:
    1) Start playing with people who have same ideology as yours.
    or
    2) Get the weapons that is asked by your picky team.
    Unfortunately there is no middle ground and I personally go with "1" even if I can afford all the weapons for my class.
    I have tested runs with multiple weapons, each have their pro and cons, as well as different playstyles. Having options is not a bad thing, but unable to afford different flavors should not be a criteria to enforce or accept bugs on items that you can afford.

@Ucamaeben: No, poison pack does not work as mage's curse. Poison damage is suppose to work as drag staff dot, but currently it is doing 50%health as damage to bosses. Concern is not the speed of the run, but bug being effective on boss. Which is wrong in many levels because then there is no need for having boss fight mechanics going forward, if you catch my drift

@Susanne: The issue is not with the weapons, the bug is with one of the debuff packs on all tainted weapons irrespective of which class is using it.

I think people are misinformed on debuffs. To be clear: Every Debuff except Super Poison Pack and Instakill will affect Bosses (as per the last communication released by Vroom).
    The weapon is bugged on debuffs. Understand how weapon were intended when designed, and how they are currently working in-game before you jump into conclusions.
    Please check the tests done by 'extrapayah' to know the scenario better: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ainted-Weapons

Thank you
    Thanks for the information It's all confusing to me so I'll just carry on going around shooting at things and enjoy being in the same party as Ucam and the rest of my guildies because we have something called "fun". I actually have fun with other players in maus too..just in case they're reading this. I like warriors in skirts btw aka togas. Not keen on the rogue vanity though. Take care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    Why make stuff like DS/Immo bow etc. obsolete? No reason for that - they are still used heavily and it would be a big f'you to the face to everyone.
    Seems like you weren't even around when ds was released. Sts need to outdate these weapons since they've been used for way too long now, ds is level 46, we are currently on level 66 soon to be 71 or 76 cap. Depsite the tainted weapons bug, sts need to make new weapons that will finally outdate those weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Maniac View Post
    Seems like you weren't even around when ds was released. Sts need to outdate these weapons since they've been used for way too long now, ds is level 46, we are currently on level 66 soon to be 71 or 76 cap. Depsite the tainted weapons bug, sts need to make new weapons that will finally outdate those weapons.
    To solution to this isn't introducing even more OP weapons with OP procs either.
    Dragon staff wasn't quite as useful when it first was released IMO. I saw some shine using it during 2015 or 2016 goblin event. But only during the release of high HP bosses it really became needed, which is when mau got introduced.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

I'll be making a post on this shortly, but some changes will be coming to the Dragon Hunter Staff, and all weapons that deal a % of the boss's health. These are great to put in, but need to have some upper limit so players aren't using a Level 46 weapon as their best weapon at 66 and beyond.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    I'll be making a post on this shortly, but some changes will be coming to the Dragon Hunter Staff, and all weapons that deal a % of the boss's health. These are great to put in, but need to have some upper limit so players aren't using a Level 46 weapon as their best weapon at 66 and beyond.
    This post just sent a shockwave through arlor!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Second nerf/change to mage weapon nicely done .... Yes a tsunami wave !
    1. FS
    2. DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I just bought one lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

what sort of changes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Y degrade it why not get a better wepon for 66 which can give a tough fight to ds

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shubham For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Shouldn't this have been considered ages ago? Look at all those people that spent millions and millions to get weapons like these.
    Why not leave it be as it is but for the next expan don't let it effect the bosses or something?

Also since the weapons that have a boss % dmg proc will be getting nerfed, what will happen to the other weapons that are under lvl 66 but useful in mau? Referring to drag dags, immo staff, hex staff? Mau isn't the type of map where we can just kill mobs one by one.
    Last edited by Abuze; 02-20-2018 at 07:09 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Im always grateful to enjoy what sts have to offer @weapons, gears, etc... ps: tested by dev already. The fun is there for us... now seem ppl ask for the maps the be harder to enjoy ... situation is: 20 minute average to finish maus 6.. yes, take away the boss hp reducer pls... maybe it will take 30 to 45 minute to finish maus 6... sooner or later slowly it will take away ppl who want to run@play in maus 6.. just bcz it take to much time to finish it (boss and mini boss hp op)... unless if sts bring back the soul of single dmg dealer@the noty wild rouge that what we all need@missing...

• Reonauz

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to srazman For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    Y degrade it why not get a better wepon for 66 which can give a tough fight to ds
    Totally agree here. The fact that you haven't given us a ds that is Level 66 and have now debuffed the level 46 ds is really unfair. People bought these weapons in good faith, having to save up for a long time to buy because they were so expensive and now you change their stats. Much better would be to introduce a Level 66 ds that we all want to save up for and buy. Changing weapon stats that have been around for a long time is wrong. Be creative and give us something.... not take away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalwiz View Post
    Totally agree here. The fact that you haven't given us a ds that is Level 66 and have now debuffed the level 46 ds is really unfair. People bought these weapons in good faith, having to save up for a long time to buy because they were so expensive and now you change their stats. Much better would be to introduce a Level 66 ds that we all want to save up for and buy. Changing weapon stats that have been around for a long time is wrong. Be creative and give us something.... not take away.
    Release ds for rogue and tank as well when we are at it. Would be fair