Thread: Is immortal Staff is going to be nerfed too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Is immortal Staff is going to be nerfed too?

Since Sts is trying to nerf some lower level weapons such as Dragon staff and immortal
    Bow,So my questions is are they going to do the same with immortal staff too?
    I was thinking of buying it but before making such investment I wanted to know whether they are gonna nerf it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I believe that they will put a cap on all weapons that deal % of HP.

It's kinda unclear but I think they just used DS as an example.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Banished=100% of mob hp, so...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I dont see the need to nerf immo staff. Just make more mobs that cant be banished in the coming expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

What's Changing?
    Weapons that deal a percentage of the enemy's health as damage will have an upper limit placed on the amount of damage they can do.

But Why?
    Weapons that deal a % of the enemy's health as damage are really good. They're great weapons and because they deal a percent of the enemies health they'll do more damage the harder the enemy is. This makes them very attractive and we want to keep them in the game. Unfortunately without some form of limit on them, these weapons never stop being good. As bosses increase in health, these weapons, no matter how low their other stats are, are exceptionally useful. This is already the case with the Dragon Hunter Staff (especially because the percent health damage ignores armor).

In order to make sure the Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't become the greatest weapon well beyond its intended range, we're going to put a cap on how much damage it can deal.

What does this mean?
    When evaluating how much damage the Dragon Hunter Staff proc will deal, there will be a maximum value that can be reached. If the % of damage the weapon is trying to deal surpasses that value, it will be used. For example: if a boss has 1 million health, your proc is trying to deal 10% of the enemy's health, and the cap is 50,000. Normally 10% of 1 million would be 100,000, but instead the weapon will deal the maximum value, 50,000.
    The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 46 mobs.

How is this bad for the game?
    One major aspect that can be missed is that when items like the Dragon Hunter Staff exist, they can mask greater problems with the game. For example, we wouldn't know if the Mausoleum bosses are too hard or have too much health. Why not? Because many of our players are just fighting these bosses with the Dragon Hunter Staff, resulting in the bosses dying much quicker than intended. Weapons, or any items in the game, that work way beyond their intended range often cause problems like this. We listen to the feedback of our players, we make adjustments for the overall health of the game and of our players. When things are skewing or breaking that balance, it hides more important problems because some players are able to skirt around it using this unbalanced weapons.

We want to make sure that your voices come through and together we continue to make Arlor the best place on a mobile platform, and to do that we need make sure there are no leaks in the boat!

Anything else?
    I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)

Based on the first paragraph, my understanding is that many weapons could be affected. Dragon Hunter, Immortal, Hex.....
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid