Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classification for mausoleum LB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Its too late for mauso points/ vory or lich lb now imo. Most people in top25 have more than 1k and im not sure if sts can see how many they actually have now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    ^ No. That is obviously unfair and a bad idea —*timed runs are only fair because it's the same map every time. Which is why so many players were angry with STS not resetting leaderboard between Jan 11 - Jan 17, since now those maps (hauntlet, southern seas, arena) are now inherently different, and unbeatable. Randomly shuffling maus maps is the opposite of fair.
    hmmm .... timed leaderboards are not fair already?!?!?!
    Unless by "fair" you mean the players that have the money to build a team based on speed, gear, attributes, and op awakenings ... ie the rich players in the game. It takes a large amount of gold to spec yourself accordingly. Then its all down to teamwork and precision to shave less than a second of a timed run.
    In order for it to be "fair", then all would have an equal chance, and this is not the case.

The randomness of the length and content of the mausoleum maps adds that little random aspect to the challenge ... a little bit of luck rather than tens of millions of gold..
    Tho the winners will still be those with the most op gear, awakenings, etc etc etc,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I'm not sure you understand the basic concept of independent variable. Fair has nothing to do with whether some players can have OP gear and run maps. That's an independent variable that's inevitable - gear will always affect stats and will affect dmg which will affect rate at which mobs die. That doesn't suddenly mean you should introduce another variable —*random maps —*and say that hey since it's already not fair let's make it more unfair! That type of logic doesn't hold in even the most basic sense.

Fairness of opportunity is one thing. People have the opportunity to get gear. That's always been a concept. This isn't communism where every player deserves the best gear. "Little bit of luck" You're saying that you should literally make timed runs have 0 skill and just based on whether you have a good map.

Overall, I find your idea rather fatuous and frankly quite terrible. Also if you think that gear is everything (I agree now it's becoming a bigger part of timed) then ask any high gear person to get a timed run. It seems to me you're just salty that you don't have a chance of getting a timed run since you're not willing to put in the time/money or even effort to get it.

In essence, no game is ever "fair" —*to use the concept as you're using it makes little to no sense. Tell me a multiplayer game in which the game is your version of fair —*i.e. everyone has the best gear, everyone has op everything etc. See how silly that sounds? To make AL fair then, STS should redistribute the wealth proportionately so that every single player has the same amount of wealth and assets, even those who are level 2 and didnt put in any effort into the game yet. Please think a bit more.
    Last edited by wowdah; 02-22-2018 at 05:28 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I'm not sure you understand the basic concept of independent variable. Fair has nothing to do with whether some players can have OP gear and run maps. That's an independent variable that's inevitable - gear will always affect stats and will affect dmg which will affect rate at which mobs die. That doesn't suddenly mean you should introduce another variable —*random maps —*and say that hey since it's already not fair let's make it more unfair! That type of logic doesn't hold in even the most basic sense.

Fairness of opportunity is one thing. People have the opportunity to get gear. That's always been a concept. This isn't communism where every player deserves the best gear. "Little bit of luck" You're saying that you should literally make timed runs have 0 skill and just based on whether you have a good map.

Overall, I find your idea rather fatuous and frankly quite terrible. Also if you think that gear is everything (I agree now it's becoming a bigger part of timed) then ask any high gear person to get a timed run. It seems to me you're just salty that you don't have a chance of getting a timed run since you're not willing to put in the time/money or even effort to get it.

In essence, no game is ever "fair" —*to use the concept as you're using it makes little to no sense. Tell me a multiplayer game in which the game is your version of fair —*i.e. everyone has the best gear, everyone has op everything etc. See how silly that sounds?
    sorry but gear is the first step to everything ... movement speed awakenings, op jewel slots for damage and stat boost etc etc etc and all these attributes are very expensive, and if you think you dont need op gear to run a timed map then well ... ill say no more.
    And NOT everyone can afford the best gear, in fact most people cant because of the cost .. so sorry but no, not everyone has the opportunity to get the best gear.

Hmmm ... im not salty in any way any form ... im on the leaderboards as top warrior class so i am very well aware of the time, dedication, effort, and mechanics involved in achieving getting on the leaderboards thank you very much.

As a warrior timed runs are tricky, as my dps is low (even though it sits at around 3.2k dps) its not so easy to be part of a team doing a timed run for warriors ... and its ALL about teamwork once your team has optimised gear. Besides timed leaderboard runs just arent my thing

Im not saying that random maps are more unfair ... im actually saying the independent variable may merely spice things up a bit, and maybe shifts the timed leaderboard positions around. May actually make it more challenging and more fun?

I can see you are on the leaderboards for timed runs, and because of the random map content and length mausoleum timed runs would be more challenging no? (there are over 40 m6 variations of the map i believe) ... which is why you seem to address my post with aggression and a closed mind, rather than unemotionally attached to the topic and able to be open to new ideas and opportunities, and a kind respectful discussion rather than being rude

Ill tell you the essence of my understanding of the basic concept of the independent variable ... its those special random things that happen that make life truly colourful, interesting, spectacular and awe inspiring .. those moments catch you by surprise when you least expect it, its like thunder bolts of lightening cutting and illuminating the monotony of a regular "stay in the box" of safety way of life ... inside the box is safe, the same, predictable, quantifiable ... outside the box is wild and colourful and a huge wealth of opportunity awaits you should you have the courage to step outside and embrace it. An open inquisitive mind knows no fear, only acceptance, and explores the inevitability of change with diversity and enthusiasm.
    All of the most amazing experiences i have witnessed and been a part of in life have come from a completely random moment beyond the dull grey of logic. Every single one. And those times have been eye opening, jaw dropping, simply out of this world, leading to a further deeper understanding of myself (which some may say is the very essence of the meaning of life ... self awareness and self understanding?)
    I could share some of those times and experiences if i had a mind to (and there are so many ive lost count) ..... but that would take a lot of time and trust, and this thread is neither the time, the space, nor the company for that particular discussion.

On a last note:
    Albert Einstein didnt make his discoveries by following the norm and living in a box ... an apple randomly fell on his head ... a moment of that special "independent variable" and boom, gravity is conceptualised.
    Last edited by Greoatef; 02-22-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    sorry but gear is the first step to everything ... movement speed awakenings, op jewel slots for damage and stat boost etc etc etc and all these attributes are very expensive, and if you think you dont need op gear to run a timed map then well ... ill say no more.
    And NOT everyone can afford the best gear, in fact most people cant because of the cost .. so sorry but no, not everyone has the opportunity to get the best gear.

Hmmm ... im not salty in any way any form ... im on the leaderboards as top warrior class so i am very well aware of the time, dedication, effort, and mechanics involved in achieving getting on the leaderboards thank you very much.

As a warrior timed runs are tricky, as my dps is low (even though it sits at around 3.2k dps) its not so easy to be part of a team doing a timed run for warriors ... and its ALL about teamwork once your team has optimised gear. Besides timed leaderboard runs just arent my thing

Im not saying that random maps are more unfair ... im actually saying the independent variable may merely spice things up a bit, and maybe shifts the timed leaderboard positions around. May actually make it more challenging and more fun?

I can see you are on the leaderboards for timed runs, and because of the random map content and length mausoleum timed runs would be more challenging no? (there are over 40 m6 variations of the map i believe) ... which is why you seem to address my post with aggression and a closed mind, rather than unemotionally attached to the topic and able to be open to new ideas and opportunities, and a kind respectful discussion rather than being rude

Ill tell you the essence of my understanding of the basic concept of the independent variable ... its those special random things that happen that make life truly colourful, interesting, spectacular and awe inspiring .. those moments catch you by surprise when you least expect it, its like thunder bolts of lightening cutting and illuminating the monotony of a regular "stay in the box" of safety way of life ... inside the box is safe, the same, predictable, quantifiable ... outside the box is wild and colourful and a huge wealth of opportunity awaits you should you have the courage to step outside and embrace it. An open inquisitive mind knows no fear, only acceptance, and explores the inevitability of change with diversity and enthusiasm.
    All of the most amazing experiences i have witnessed and been a part of in life have come from a completely random moment beyond the dull grey of logic. Every single one. And those times have been eye opening, jaw dropping, simply out of this world, leading to a further deeper understanding of myself (which some may say is the very essence of the meaning of life ... self awareness and self understanding?)
    I could share some of those times and experiences if i had a mind to (and there are so many ive lost count) ..... but that would take a lot of time and trust, and this thread is neither the time, the space, nor the company for an open discussion.

On a last note:
    Albert Einstein didnt make his discoveries by following the norm and living in a box ... an apple randomly fell on his head ... a moment of that special "independent variable" and boom, gravity is conceptualised.
    This is what I think is most important in timed run
    1. Team ( helps if they are motivated and can run constantly ) especially if they are rich and can afford expensive stuff

2. Skill ( the tricks/ sneaks helps a lot )

3. Gear ( ms important ) need I say more?

4. Mob orientation/ randomness

someone people in my timed runs in mines/tombs etc just stand on the door while the speed runs sweep and rush boss hehe. Gear is not always needed for everyone

The randomness is important; The mob orientation is very important in timed run and there’s usually few different formations they go which is noticeable in the lower runs and can help beat timed records if used correctly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

@greoatef You got the scientist wrong — it was Isaac Newton, not Albert Einstein.

Anyway, I don't think you will ever understand my view. You realize why STS didn't have a timed map for maus right — it's because it's very much based on the luck of the map. Having a leaderboard based solely on luck is pointless - why don't you have a leaderboard for most times you've crit a boss? What you still don't understand is that yeah obviously not everyone can afford gear for leaderboards. Your logic is akin to saying "why can't level 3 tank be on the tank leaderboard? NOT FAIR" Obviously the level 3 needs to put in more time and effort to make gold, level up, get APS, etc.

JUST AS someone needs to get gold to get gear, get speed gear, learn how to run timed, and put in effort to teach and/or get a team. It's not at all different. How would you like it if there was a new LB for top tanks that had the most amount of crits on their weapon in a certain map? Completely random, completely unfair.

I didn't want to address your post wit "aggression" - it's just that you aren't really getting my point. Games aren't fair. Period. In the sense that you're using "fair." Obviously some gear will be more expensive, and obviously technically people can just buy plats and get money and buy good gear. In literally every multiplayer game this is the case on some level, so it seems to me you have a problem with gaming in general. Your tank leaderboard isn't fair either — what about people who have jobs and can't farm APs? By your logic, literally everything is unfair.

It's clear STS won't make a timed LB for maus, but I'm merely just trying to get you to look at why your viewpoint is nothing short of ridiculous. If someone gets a very good map in maus, they will get the time, and teams would have to try 40+ maps to even have a chance of beating that time. It's BASED ON LUck. Nothing more.
    Last edited by wowdah; 02-22-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't agree we need a expansion just that

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrixzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

@greoatef You got the scientist wrong — it was Isaac Newton, not Albert Einstein.

Anyway, I don't think you will ever understand my view. You realize why STS didn't have a timed map for maus right — it's because it's very much based on the luck of the map. Having a leaderboard based solely on luck is pointless - why don't you have a leaderboard for most times you've crit a boss? What you still don't understand is that yeah obviously not everyone can afford gear for leaderboards. Your logic is akin to saying "why can't level 3 tank be on the tank leaderboard? NOT FAIR" Obviously the level 3 needs to put in more time and effort to make gold, level up, get APS, etc.

JUST AS someone needs to get gold to get gear, get speed gear, learn how to run timed, and put in effort to teach and/or get a team. It's not at all different. How would you like it if there was a new LB for top tanks that had the most amount of crits on their weapon in a certain map? Completely random, completely unfair.

I didn't want to address your post wit "aggression" - it's just that you aren't really getting my point. Games aren't fair. Period. In the sense that you're using "fair." Obviously some gear will be more expensive, and obviously technically people can just buy plats and get money and buy good gear. In literally every multiplayer game this is the case on some level, so it seems to me you have a problem with gaming in general. Your tank leaderboard isn't fair either — what about people who have jobs and can't farm APs? By your logic, literally everything is unfair.

It's clear STS won't make a timed LB for maus, but I'm merely just trying to get you to look at why your viewpoint is nothing short of ridiculous. If someone gets a very good map in maus, they will get the time, and teams would have to try 40+ maps to even have a chance of beating that time. It's BASED ON LUck. Nothing more.

pffffttt ... and the abusive, disrespectful, unkind, attacking comments continues ..... and i cant be bothered to waste my time or energy even thinking about any of your points simply because you are rude, and you will find in real life (as you grow up) that rudeness gets you absolutely no where.

Its time to do whats called in the real world "disengage from a bad energy because they no longer exist, and simply walking away laughing"
    Last edited by Greoatef; 02-23-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Wait..what?? You can buy points??!! All this time and I didn't know 😳 "blush". Oh the shame. I've been buying 10k gold chests though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

@Greoatef Classic response when you're unable to refute clear logic. Have a good day anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

My humble opinion on this would be no. Mainly because its luck based and you can buy points for tokens. Also will see too many 4 immo mage pts on top as its the fastest way to "hit n run" maus while randomly banishing enough mobs to spawn boss.

Also for those who say why buy tokens when u can buy 10k kits for tokens, the reason this was implemented was so that u can get points for alts without having to grind again as these points are stashable

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

@Greoatef Classic response when you're unable to refute clear logic. Have a good day anyway.
    logic dull colourless ... get on overal leaderboard then ill give your rude energy attention ... maybe .. but probably not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

^ What would getting on overall leaderboard prove? That I can farm for hours and hours and neglect my life? I fail to see your nonexistent point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

^ What would getting on overall leaderboard prove?
    that someone with a rude, distastfull, negative, ugly, narrow minded, aggressive attitude, deserves any kind of respect or attention.
    jeez
    Last edited by Greoatef; 02-25-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Alright man - the only reason I'm not talking to you as I would a comrade or friend is that you're not even responding to what I'm saying and instead making huge generalizations and keep talking about my manner of speaking. That gets us nowhere bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

yeah its ok my friend please forgive me i apologise for my misconduct ...
    i will tell the al community a love story shaded by time , coloured in by experience
    I apologise ... ive been through a great many things in real life and sometimes just sometimes it takes a huge huge amount of power to just get up in the morning to simply face the new day in this strange world. something most take for granted. I am envious of the simplicity of others lives and yet i am very different ... and sometimes my mind becomes so clouded and i cannot see through my tears of what some like to call mistakes but i see more as learning experiences. Most days i am undefinably lost ... no anchor to a world that you dont feel you belong to anyhows. Ptsd does that to you .. it breaks you fundamentally on all levels .. all self worth is gone .. all self love is gone ... all reason and the ability to balance feelings and emotions just falls at your feet like shattered glass. To wake in the morning to simply face yourself is a challenge ... better to eternally sleep within the softness and comfort of dreams ... how many times have you simply sat on your window sill and begged to be taken away? The crushing anxiety and panic attacks where you cant breathe ... the self loathing of feeling a complete failure. The void .. the spiral of deep dark depression of rightful self destruction plays with our mind ... dances with every single day ... its exhausting.
    A Struggle
    The game is my meditation ... the few friends i have here are my anchor ... keeps me from drowning ...thankyou sts more than you will ever ever know.... you may laugh at me but i got baby steps going on here.

your words hurt me ... and words, intent and actions are sharper than blades, they can cut so very deep .. may we all reflect on how we forever communicate with others and may that forever encompass love, kindness, understanding ... and above all things humility and gentleness

the blood of the mountain

....our partners are not phased at all about you and i, and foolishly we are allowed to tred path together. While travelling through unchartered mountain peaks, climbing high above the clouds close as if to touch heaven, where no man or woman has been for a milennia ... if ever .... we seek atonement in good grace.

We stumble upon a hidden ancient Holy ravine, ghosted in the mist of uncertainty, and veiled in transcient beauty. The golden light of humanties dusk breaks through and cheats the onset of night, shafts of light revealing a path through the ravine to an unknown destination deep within. We follow the path of light between rocks and through pools with trepidation ..... travelling across rainbows, moving through the stars; strange and beautiful creatures watch us from the undergrowth ... inquisitive and poignant ... following .... watching ... waiting ... expecting .... accompanying us along our path to our destiny.

The base of the ravine unfurls in liquid light, and our journey leads us to where the lifes blood of the mountains, the land, the sky and the earth ... all things infinite, has broken free to collect and meet in a single small pool of promise. It shimmers and vibrates in the long lonely lost anticipation of human touch, desire, longing, remembering .... harbouring the gift she, and only she, can give.

As we approach the air resounds .... the hum that embodies all things causes the moon and the planets to shift from their pattern, blurring, smearing, in and out of focus to become one. Our breath quickens, hearts pounding, eyes meet ...... we stare deep into each others souls ...and turn as one to look into the depths of the pool. We see the stars .....the moon ..... the rock ... the earth, and all around us reflected within the pool ........ everything but ourselves .... for we are not the very fabric of all things, we are not where we are suppossed to be, we have not travelled the pattern for long enough to belong.

We kneel in reverance and understanding, heads and hearts held low in humility. The world shrinks around us, yet still the shimmering sparkling pool invites us to drink from her love ... she beckons us, allures us .... to become ...... we lean over the phosphorescence in despair for there is no turning back, our path lies forward and only in one direction. Our cupped hands break the surface of the pool and are filled. Our faces reflect the wavering light ..... our hearts reflect one another and a question parts both our lips, the tips of your hair trailing golden swirls in the elixir ... should we ..... could we ...?

We pause in anticipation just for a brief moment in time as a smile tastes both our lips, and the world turns golden with moonbeams .... You drink from my hand, and i from yours ... lips touching ... throat swallowing ... body accepting .....encompassing ... eyes closed in our final acceptance.

Blinding, searing, washed in light ... the elixir torrents through our bodies, our souls rip free and we join the stars ... dancing, swirling about everything that is, could be, and might never become. Everything shifts .... absolutely everything...... and we can feel the whole pattern re-arranging itself, little pieces shifting and reslotting themselves into an alternative yet accepted position..... all dimensions become open to us and we excel ... we rise above destiny..... and become free to make our own choices.

The balming light subsides with a sigh .... reflected light drawing back into itself, leaving our skin tingling with the memory, the sweet aura ......... of the blood of the mountain.

We open our eyes to the reflection of ourselves in the pool of lifes blood ... accepted........ where we belong. We look towards the stars and see that they are laughing .... the moon we see is smiling .... the trees whisper sweet nothings to us ... and the rock. the soil cradles us in their love.
    Last edited by Greoatef; 02-25-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I have no response to that. Thanks though, I wish you all the best.