Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You are going to be OK shadowfaux. We'll always do our best to keep you informed here but sometimes we do change our mind for the better of the game.

You are here getting "insider" information to help you speculate on the market, if this goes awry every now and then that is part of the deal.

And yeah 420 yo.
    Precisely....

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You are going to be OK shadowfaux. We'll always do our best to keep you informed here but sometimes we do change our mind for the better of the game.

You are here getting "insider" information to help you speculate on the market, if this goes awry every now and then that is part of the deal.

And yeah 420 yo.
    Okay, it doesn't seem like inside or information when it's posted on an official Forum by one of the head Developers. But I can live with it. I'm not angry or upset, I'm not even trying to start any drama. I'm just stating what I think is a valid point for the future. The one thing I did have a problem with is the fact that the dragon staff was deemed necessary to run mausoleum. And its lack of availability made the price of said item go out of control . It seems to be a failure on the game's part to have a weapon that was 20 levels old being a necessity to run the most current maps. But now that this has been brought to light, and you guys seem to be listening to the players, I hope that the situation like that won't happen again.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    It IS good for new equips and new weapons to be useful in new content. So yeah, limit life for old equips.
    Dont you like to have the choice what gear you use instead of always the newest?

the stats are gonna be better anyways, why outdate old gear? I mean whats the point?

just take a look at rogs. dragon daggers have a unique proc which makes them outstanding for stuns. then look at immo bow, shivs. Imo the variety of good weapons which suits your playstyle make the game great. want dmg and fight close, take shivs. want cc take drag dag. want outstanding boss dmg, take immo bow.

of course the new gear has to be good in some other way. bt outdating gears is wrong imo, same with only new weapons proc in new maps. makes no sense to me.

edit: this is not directly related to the thread, i do see why ds is getting nerfed.
    Last edited by Lolifee; 02-21-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Change announced - players go crazy and want change
    Change is brought - players go crazy and want original change.

I dont understand human beings!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Once upon a time... rogue needed in every boss fight especially during the Halloween event boss 'Paracelsus'. Everyone will leave the map if there is no rogue available. Golden ages of rogues. Because Paracelsus so hard to kill, maybe sts revamp the mechanic so any 'pug' can kill him for the event to be doable for the community. Rogue as a single dmg dealer aiming to kill large health point bosses where the holy grail of lootable items, everyone seems to create a rogue character. We can see the bosses HP bar drop drastically whenever the rogue presented. As level caps risen, somehow the rogue 'bosses hp bar reducer' slowly lost in time. It is something limiting the rogue to do the damage like it was. Bless with superior crit seem no effect anymore. Especially in somerholt maps, all bosses seem way out of 'prime fun time limit' to kill. So we all seeking for other alternatives, the answer is lies within 'Dragon Hunter Staff'. That staff is a blessing to all arlorians.

Arlorians will survive without 'Dragon Hunter Staff', one hero falls there is always another hero will emerge...

PS: Back then the charged aim shot not simply spam blindly, rogue see and feel the opportunity to land the hit, that is with the help of mighty resilience fellow warrior to hold the bosses which leave the sorcerer help healing and unbinding incoming spell for them to breath calmly till the battle ended.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

IMHO people sold their dragon staff because they misunderstood the thread. I kept mine, because I understand that even after the cap it is the only %dmg proc weapon I own which is effective against a boss. I saw many drag staffs posted in CS from same players (may be merch) - and was happy that finally its out of their stash and people can buy them at the actual intended price.

Before blaming the forum you must ask yourself why you took a hasty decision of selling the item. Was it useless to you now? Did you have an alternate weapon that was better? Or you just didn't want to loose gold?

If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level (which was long due).
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level.
    "As a rough value while testing It looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does"
    - Vroom

Eh?
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 02-21-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Normal. You can watch it in the news every day.
    Another basic human fallacy: that humans think.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Change announced - players go crazy and want change
    Change is brought - players go crazy and want original change.

I dont understand human beings!
    Last edited by Fyrce; 02-21-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    "As a rough value while testing It looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does"
    - Vroom

Eh?
    This was the complete quote:
    "The DS will attempt to take away the same amount of HP it currently does, but will hit the damage threshold against M6 bosses.
    As a rough value while testing, it looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does." ~Vroom

The rough value of 33% is against a M6 boss. The weapon is caped to its level, the value will be 100% against the boss which is below or equal to the cap. Which IMO is how all weapons should work.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

This was the complete quote:
    "The DS will attempt to take away the same amount of HP it currently does, but will hit the damage threshold against M6 bosses.
    As a rough value while testing, it looks like the proc will deal around 1/3 as much damage as it currently does." ~Vroom

The rough value of 33% is against a M6 boss. The weapon is caped to its level, the value will be 100% against the boss which is below or equal to the cap. Which IMO is how all weapons should work.
    Yes. You said "if you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not."
    And it's proc will likely do 1/3 what we are used to, I'm calling it a nerf. Semantics, it won't be near as good as we are used to.
    That's why some sold it
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 02-22-2018 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Borked quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Yes. You said "if you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not."
    And it's proc will likely do 1/3 what we are used to, I'm calling it a nerf. Semantics, it won't be near as good as we are used to.
    That's why some sold it
    Complete quote:
    "If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level"
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hey hey mister fixer, let’s forget the ds for now and talk about what u guys said about maus gl, if my brain works will one of u guys said *u have maus for gold soo u don’t need any other map for high gl* and what i see as a avarice user i don’t get what i used to get in old times i run with around 500% gl maybe and still get lil gold and that’s piss me coze i run maus for gold and i lose more than what i get like what happened to *gold digging map*? And by removing the ds u need to give us something that do dmg for bosses coze it’s hard and just make sure to fix gl coze i don’t want avarice to lose the value it have now or u gona ruine this and it will be meh thanx again mister fixer <3 with love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey y'all!

Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!

What's Changing?
    Weapons that deal a percentage of the enemy's health as damage will have an upper limit placed on the amount of damage they can do.

But Why?
    Weapons that deal a % of the enemy's health as damage are really good. They're great weapons and because they deal a percent of the enemies health they'll do more damage the harder the enemy is. This makes them very attractive and we want to keep them in the game. Unfortunately without some form of limit on them, these weapons never stop being good. As bosses increase in health, these weapons, no matter how low their other stats are, are exceptionally useful. This is already the case with the Dragon Hunter Staff (especially because the percent health damage ignores armor).

In order to make sure the Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't become the greatest weapon well beyond its intended range, we're going to put a cap on how much damage it can deal.

What does this mean?
    When evaluating how much damage the Dragon Hunter Staff proc will deal, there will be a maximum value that can be reached. If the % of damage the weapon is trying to deal surpasses that value, it will be used. For example: if a boss has 1 million health, your proc is trying to deal 10% of the enemy's health, and the cap is 50,000. Normally 10% of 1 million would be 100,000, but instead the weapon will deal the maximum value, 50,000.
    The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 46 mobs.

How is this bad for the game?
    One major aspect that can be missed is that when items like the Dragon Hunter Staff exist, they can mask greater problems with the game. For example, we wouldn't know if the Mausoleum bosses are too hard or have too much health. Why not? Because many of our players are just fighting these bosses with the Dragon Hunter Staff, resulting in the bosses dying much quicker than intended. Weapons, or any items in the game, that work way beyond their intended range often cause problems like this. We listen to the feedback of our players, we make adjustments for the overall health of the game and of our players. When things are skewing or breaking that balance, it hides more important problems because some players are able to skirt around it using this unbalanced weapons.

We want to make sure that your voices come through and together we continue to make Arlor the best place on a mobile platform, and to do that we need make sure there are no leaks in the boat!

Anything else?
    I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)
    And yea one more thing mister fixer how does the horror staff proc work? Coze if i understand the word *charmed* it means he love u and he fight with u but what i see he only get the dmg without fighting with me and for the proc why does not it works on bosses? If it does thedmg it does is good for a LVL66 weapon and by that we will not need ds as a high lvl players hope u fix things that need to be fixed mister fixer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azefiokall View Post
    And yea one more thing mister fixer how does the horror staff proc work? Coze if i understand the word *charmed* it means he love u and he fight with u but what i see he only get the dmg without fighting with me and for the proc why does not it works on bosses? If it does thedmg it does is good for a LVL66 weapon and by that we will not need ds as a high lvl players hope u fix things that need to be fixed mister fixer
    Bosses r too smart to be charmed :v

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

Lots of these people already made enough gold in mauso to compensate any loss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Lots of these people already made enough gold in mauso to compensate any loss
    And lots of people haven't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

If they are going to leave DS as it is for lev 66 and to nerf it for expansion higher level bosses (maus seems will scale up, so maus included) this just make sense imo.
    And they are here to ask us feedbacks, not to just do things without listening. This is simply great!
    For all the people that sold DS.....to me was just obvius that this is not a sticky, but a blog, means they discuss with us decisions. So nothing was really decided to begin with. Sorry if you had losses.
    Looking forward to see how they will handle this, as Hexstaff modification was good, event was simply great, and I see Sts not taking lightly positive criticirms and suggestions, putting more effort then ever in AL.
    Laughing with myself thinking “AL is dead” period of time XD
    Keep going with the good job devs
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

create a craft and make DS level 66

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Complete quote:
    "If you think that the staff is nerfed then it is not, it is just set to its actual level"
    That's y I said semantics.
    "Nerf" and "set to level" are effectivly the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

Everytime i hear something like this it makes me laugh a little. I miss the days when i used to think like this.. then u grow older n realise LIFES NOT FAIR, DEAL WITH IT