Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Rogues are only worth CC since the very start of mauso
    This is Offtopic.
    Rogues have better Crit+Dmg+SkillDamage and smaller CD on their skills compare to mage. So its not the same thing. Apples and Oranges buddy.
    Also, Rogues cant CC - JK
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

There was always going to be something that needed to be done w/ %dam weapons.

Just do not forget that DS Staff is ARCANE, which originally was supposed to be good for 2-3 expansions. Following that paradigm, it would imply that the DS Staff should be calibrated around L56 or L61, not L46. L46 would be for PINK items.

In terms of boss issues, my first thought is the dragon in the 12-person Raid. That dragon is doable w/o DS Staff, but can take a very long time w/o it. Considering that tainted procs are getting a boss nerf, I would prefer not to spend 30min on that dragon. Thanks.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    This is Offtopic.
    Rogues have better Crit+Dmg+SkillDamage and smaller CD on their skills compare to mage. So its not the same thing. Apples and Oranges buddy.
    Also, Rogues cant CC - JK
    Mages were mob killers as well as boss(the job of a rogue tho)

Rogues were only needed for mobs cc, maybe immo bow rogue were gud for boss. Bt mages were preferred more for faster kills.

This nerf to ds with help solve that issue,while still making it do % dmg like maybe rogue immo bow.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magemagix; 02-20-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Magemagix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Glad STS finally addressed this after 1.5 years! Rogues have been on the back burner for awhile now, and finally we might have a use at boss fights again!
    So I guess it's okay that Mages are on the back burner now LOL. Hey STS, here's a crazy thought, how about none of the classes get put on the back burner...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magemagix View Post
    Rougues with drag blades can crowd control alot better

I say nerf those dam blades as well. hehe
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey y'all!

Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!

What's Changing?
    Weapons that deal a percentage of the enemy's health as damage will have an upper limit placed on the amount of damage they can do.

But Why?
    Weapons that deal a % of the enemy's health as damage are really good. They're great weapons and because they deal a percent of the enemies health they'll do more damage the harder the enemy is. This makes them very attractive and we want to keep them in the game. Unfortunately without some form of limit on them, these weapons never stop being good. As bosses increase in health, these weapons, no matter how low their other stats are, are exceptionally useful. This is already the case with the Dragon Hunter Staff (especially because the percent health damage ignores armor).

In order to make sure the Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't become the greatest weapon well beyond its intended range, we're going to put a cap on how much damage it can deal.

What does this mean?
    When evaluating how much damage the Dragon Hunter Staff proc will deal, there will be a maximum value that can be reached. If the % of damage the weapon is trying to deal surpasses that value, it will be used. For example: if a boss has 1 million health, your proc is trying to deal 10% of the enemy's health, and the cap is 50,000. Normally 10% of 1 million would be 100,000, but instead the weapon will deal the maximum value, 50,000.
    The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 46 mobs.

How is this bad for the game?
    One major aspect that can be missed is that when items like the Dragon Hunter Staff exist, they can mask greater problems with the game. For example, we wouldn't know if the Mausoleum bosses are too hard or have too much health. Why not? Because many of our players are just fighting these bosses with the Dragon Hunter Staff, resulting in the bosses dying much quicker than intended. Weapons, or any items in the game, that work way beyond their intended range often cause problems like this. We listen to the feedback of our players, we make adjustments for the overall health of the game and of our players. When things are skewing or breaking that balance, it hides more important problems because some players are able to skirt around it using this unbalanced weapons.

We want to make sure that your voices come through and together we continue to make Arlor the best place on a mobile platform, and to do that we need make sure there are no leaks in the boat!

Anything else?
    I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)
    Will the immo bows be affected too. Will they use the same nerf mechanics?

Btw +1 to making room for newer weapons. Or maybe new drag staff lvl71

AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Realistically the drag staff might still be the best mage weapon for bosses. Even though the damage will be getting nerfed, mages are pretty useless againt high health bosses when using a high dps weapon. Since mages dont have any good single target skills to kill bosses (aside from lightning, which most mages dont use in m6 anyway), the dragon staff proc will probably still do more then a mage with a high dps weapon. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

First of all, I’m a mage with DS and obviusly I’m happy with. But the fact that a level 46 staff is so overpowered honestly doesn’t make sense, so I’m happy you are looking in ways to fix it.
    On the other side, many people invested in it as a “must have” in mausoleum (“do you have ds” is first thing they ask you before party xD)

So, ok for the nerf, but what about the opportunity to upgrade it at higher level? Maybe with new expansion and a series of quests?
    I’m thinking about a way to not have people upset by wasting time and money to achieve a staff that will be consistently reduced in price.......
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well i can only see this going one way the m5 m 6 anyhow takes more den 30 40 mins to complete with a ds n good pt and wt map we get
    Wen u see the new wepons the lvl 66 staff arcane one has no boss damage well tbh it doesn't works against the mobs properly though
    The gun arcane is good for m1 - m4 but wen m5 m6 it hardly makes much diff the banish is hardly seen
    D's use to make the maps faster so it's more gold getting into the game the more faster the more maps a player can play now less D's proc less maps gold economy is stable i guess dats was the point of effecting the games economy i guess
    The new set r cool but tbh they r designed for pvp den pve .i tried playing with Dem in maps it not so effective apart the instant kill which will be removed soon
    Mages with no D's i have tried killing boss it takes ages to kill a boss .well we don't want ppl who play for there spare time after work to get stuck with killing single boss
    Not against WT u guys doing but would like to get wepons that actually have procs like fs n D's at the lvl of 66
    Taking to much time for boss kill will let us with nothing to do in the game till expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Took a page out of Apple's playbook. Nerf the old, to sell the new. Brilliant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azebor View Post
    Took a page out of Apple's playbook. Nerf the old, to sell the new. Brilliant.
    Ahahhaha. Sts learning $

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    So I guess it's okay that Mages are on the back burner now LOL. Hey STS, here's a crazy thought, how about none of the classes get put on the back burner...

mages take out mobs and do crowd control, while rogues take out single threats and bosses. When the dragon staff came along, rogueless parties were the norm as no needed to take down bosses anymore. Even DS at 1/3 the power is still too powerful IMO, but maybe future weapons will further even out the playing field. Honestly those tainted weapons dropping poison packs and killing the boss in 2 seconds is the right idea as all classes can spawn them. Maybe just reduce the damage on those packs!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    First of all, I’m a mage with DS and obviusly I’m happy with. But the fact that a level 46 staff is so overpowered honestly doesn’t make sense, so I’m happy you are looking in ways to fix it.
    On the other side, many people invested in it as a “must have” in mausoleum (“do you have ds” is first thing they ask you before party xD)

So, ok for the nerf, but what about the opportunity to upgrade it at higher level? Maybe with new expansion and a series of quests?
    I’m thinking about a way to not have people upset by wasting time and money to achieve a staff that will be consistently reduced in price.......
    I feel your pain, I've been there. But investing so much money into a 2 yr old weapon was a calculated risk. Weapon & gear progression is the name of the game...asking to set a precedent to upgraded a weapon that's no longer viable 20 levels later is just silly. There are so many cool weapons I would want to do that with if that's the case.

You may have had to spend gold to farm maus for more gold, but I'm sure the ROI was a very short time.

Embrace the suck and let's get to having fun with what is new and what's to come.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    mages take out mobs and do crowd control, while rogues take out single threats and bosses. When the dragon staff came along, rogueless parties were the norm as no needed to take down bosses anymore. Even DS at 1/3 the power is still too powerful IMO, but maybe future weapons will further even out the playing field. Honestly those tainted weapons dropping poison packs and killing the boss in 2 seconds is the right idea as all classes can spawn them. Maybe just reduce the damage on those packs!
    I'm quite aware of what each class is supposed to do. I'm just frustrated with STS always seeming to tweak things where one class is less desirable in a group

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It would be good to see new weapons actually have a use.

Also, classes wax and wane. Everyone should play all classes.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I feel your pain, I've been there. But investing so much money into a 2 yr old weapon was a calculated risk. Weapon & gear progression is the name of the game...asking to set a precedent to upgraded a weapon that's no longer viable 20 levels later is just silly. There are so many cool weapons I would want to do that with if that's the case.

You may have had to spend gold to farm maus for more gold, but I'm sure the ROI was a very short time.

Embrace the suck and let's get to having fun with what is new and what's to come.

Thanks for your thoughts
    I’m quite healty and is really no issue for me to purchase a new whatever wapon (as I already did with complete tainted set, 100gl weapon) and still being healthy
    As a non plat player that honestly struggled for years in terms of money, I can understand pain of the others! is not funny to achieve DS and some months later become outdated not for a better one, but “just” because (hope you understand what I mean, it’s not just because ...).

(The only personal selfish complain I could have on this situation is the possible lower speed to achieve 1000 lich/vory..... XD)

I’m very happy that Sts is putting so much effort in AL!!

And believe it or not I’m fine even with nerf! No problem in going back to old days where tanks were tanks, rogues were rogues and mages were mages coming up with strategies to kill bosses!!! Omg Planar tombs memories....

So.....summerize: ok with nerf, just think about the fact that you made ds a “must have” in maus and possibly find a solution to don’t make other (then me xD) people feel betraied

Better?

Ps: sell DS!!!
    (Kidding I will never sell it xD too many memories)
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    I have a suggestion: Instead of nerfing the drag staff and similar weapons now why not do the same that was done to arcane ring? With each lvl cap let the amount of boss damage it does decrease.
    I think this is one of the best solutions for this kind of stuff, if not the best one.

Basically make every proc of everything get worse based on the user's level. This way you can make OP procs for new weapons and not be worried that they will be "the best" for long times. Though as someone else said, an Arcane weapon should be useful in its full power for at least 2 seasons because the players spend a lot for them.

Anyway, I think this is a great step forward and unlike some months ago, I think STS is doing an excellent job.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Great news..but ehm wait.. why you nerf dragon staff while you first have to fix all the new content you just released? Its almost 2 weeks since the bug is discovered in the tainted weapons proc.. and still it is not fixed.. Also the guide says that if use endless set and you summon thog, you will receive a damage buff.. why does this dont work if you slot another pet into it..? Thog is still summoned right? I rlly like the idea that you look into older weapons ( let be honest drag staff was a true boss killer ) But do mind you have to fix all other weapons to.. ( glint aegis / immo staff / dragon sword / dragon daggers / immo bow / flame staff ) Since they outdated and kinda OP for there purposes.. It might be best to fix all these items at once, and take the proper time for it, so its actually fixed when done. Also pls take some more time before releasing new content.. Everytime when there is new content there is something / a lot wrong with it. Not rlly customer friendly.

Still i love this game a lot.. thats why i care.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to swoutttt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Very good decision though I spend all my hard earned golds on dragon staff so that I would be able to run mausoleum but I still really like this idea because it makes every class to play their role.
    Also what about immortal staff?it is also overpowered despite being a Level 56 staff,So you will be nerfing immortal staff too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

I have just finished reading all the posts and have no idea and a headache. Will the dragon blades be altered and immo bow? Will the tainted bow be any good against lich? Will the dread bow carry on being useless against bosses? Also..will the expansion just be a continuation of mausoleum? Please say we'll have something different for the expansion. Thanking you in anticipation, Susie. P.S. anymore maus maps and I shall consider Susiecide.