Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I have just finished reading all the posts and have no idea and a headache. Will the dragon blades be altered and immo bow? Will the tainted bow be any good against lich? Will the dread bow carry on being useless against bosses? Also..will the expansion just be a continuation of mausoleum? Please say we'll have something different for the expansion. Thanking you in anticipation, Susie. P.S. anymore maus maps and I shall consider Susiecide.
    Haha! Susiecide, is that an exercise tape? 😛

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    Haha! Susiecide, is that an exercise tape? 😛
    Haha.. it's called retirement. Don't all cheer at once. Hmmm... I wonder who I'll leave all my arlorian worldly goods to? Tap..tap..tap.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Haha.. it's called retirement. Don't all cheer at once. Hmmm... I wonder who I'll leave all my arlorian worldly goods to? Tap..tap..tap.
    From what I hear, expansion isn't a mausoleum expansion! Stay with us!!

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol u didn’t read anything at all.

- All weapons with % boss damage will be capped at damage ( their only effective at their own levels ). Drag staff was used as an example.
    - They are moving toward new and away from Mausoleum while keeping it a good farmer paradise.

Hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I understand the reasoning behind everything but holy **** i'm salty hahaha... what a waste of 5 million.

Hopefully we will see some more cool weapons in the near future to compensate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

heyya,

I understand the point of nerfing DS. It was better than rogs at killing bosses which is their main purpose.
    But at the same time I liked the variety of weapons to use. I do not see the point of outdating old weapons. at the moment for mages there are many weapons you can effectively use like flame/immo/horrific/DS. you have the choice between weapons that fit your playstyle. same goes for rogs and tanks. currently weapons like glint aegis are still good bc of the taunt.

I really like to choose my weapon depending on the role i want to play. I dont get along with the idea that the newest weapons always have to be the best. sure, they have to be good and have to be a viable option but imo we need a variety of good weapons to use.

for example i dont like the new horrific weapons but prefer my immo staff. they both have pros and cons. outdating all the old weapons takes away the choice of weapon, there will be only one meta, the newest arcane. this takes away the fun for me. I'm not sure if its the right game for me if I cant freely choose my weapon depending on the proc or stats I like if you are gonna outdate them.

If you would release like 6 new weapons with different procs every expasion i'd be fine with it (for one class). But I just dont like to have one weapon I am forced to use.

just my two cents

Loli
    Last edited by Lolifee; 02-21-2018 at 11:21 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolifee For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    But at the same time I liked the variety of weapons to use. I do not see the point of outdating old weapons.
    Just to clarify, this is less about just going around and outdating the old weapons. Without a limit to the % health damage, the only way to make a weapon that's better than the Dragon Hunter Staff is to release a weapon that does even more % health damage, and this will get wildly out of control and the broken poison proc dealing 50% of a boss' health will just become the normal.

One possibility for the future (but we'll be more interesting than this I promise ) is that every Arcane weapon going forward has some form of % health damage, equal to the amount of the Dragon Hunter Staff, but balanced for that level range. This is only possible if we put this upper limit cap on!

I'm also hearing a lot of talk about the length of M6 right now. I might make a separate post, but does Maus 6 feel too long for players to be really runnable?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    I'm also hearing a lot of talk about the length of M6 right now. I might make a separate post, but does Maus 6 feel too long for players to be really runnable?
    Me personal dont feel its too long but I often use plat. Maus 1-4 is skippable by running straigt to boss after a few pulls. i'd even be happy about maus 7 & 8 with even harder mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Just to clarify, this is less about just going around and outdating the old weapons. Without a limit to the % health damage, the only way to make a weapon that's better than the Dragon Hunter Staff is to release a weapon that does even more % health damage, and this will get wildly out of control and the broken poison proc dealing 50% of a boss' health will just become the normal.

One possibility for the future (but we'll be more interesting than this I promise ) is that every Arcane weapon going forward has some form of % health damage, equal to the amount of the Dragon Hunter Staff, but balanced for that level range. This is only possible if we put this upper limit cap on!

It's fine that you're outdating them because you have valid reasons but it seems like its done at such a random time. I feel like most players would have been more comfortable with them being outdated with the new expansion for example as there would most likely be new alternatives to the weapons.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Hi Wroom, thanks a lot for your constant requests of feedback
    “I'm also hearing a lot of talk about the length of M6 right now. I might make a separate post, but does Maus 6 feel too long for players to be really runnable?”
    I think the main point is that now we are used to the current speed, after running maus for more then a year....
    Any change affecting the speed of killing boss (from my understanding mobs killing speed is not affected by eventual nerf) will affect the general speed of running the map, considering bosses and minibosses.
    Basically players don’t know how game “was intended”. We play and find best way to run with what we have. After more then a year of maus, who would guess that we were running in a way that wasn’t intended, without any fix?
    So I understand what you are trying to do and make sense. Just consider all aspects when you will make changes, players that spent money for ds from my point of view are not at fault. “Retroactive” nerf of ds wouldn’t be well received I guess...
    What you did with arcane ring (as already suggested) is an option. Upgrade another. Have fun finding the best solution XD
    And thanks again with you being open us
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    More info on this please. Ty.
    Previously when the proc from the Dragon Hunter Staff procced, you couldn't see the damage numbers above the mob you're hurting, you would just see their health bar drop.

I've fixed it so that you will also see the damage numbers over the head of the monster when the proc happens!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Please make the Tainted Recurve Bow throw the debuffs forward and almost the distance an arrow flies. The whole purpose of using a bow is to maintain distance from the mobs. In order to get the debuffs anywhere near the enemy I have to be in the middle of a mob. As it stands, the debuffs land beside or even behind me! Thank you for all you do for all of us!
    Heya Oak,

I promise you, the Tainted Recurve Bow spawns the procs around the enemy, not around you! Currently they can spawn up to 5 meters away from the enemy when procced, so it's possible they're spawning near your direction sometimes when you fire. You should have no issues standing at your full bow range and firing and getting the proc though!
    | | | |

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #93
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srazman View Post
    Agreed ... remove the dmg done limiter by rog to compensate the ds lost...

• Reonauz
    I've seen a couple comments about this, what do you mean by "limiter by rog"?
    | | | |

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msustro View Post
    I suggest a compromise by instead capping DS to the damage it does currently on a maus6 boss at level 66. This would limit the future usefulness of the DS after level 66 without making m6 today a drastically longer time commitment.
    Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.
    | | | |

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.
    Thats what i still dont understand. Why nerf it when you can set the upper limit to what it currently does on M6 bosses. Wont affect anything up to the 66 cap and doesnt affect current gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...
    Part of the challenge of us being so active on the forums is that people react to things that are in progress or that we may speculate on. It is the price paid for having such close contact with the developers, and often works to your advantage. Occasionally it may work to your disadvantage as well.

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.
    | | | |

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Part of the challenge of us being so active on the forums is that people react to things that are in progress or that we may speculate on. It is the price paid for having such close contact with the developers, and often works to your advantage. Occasionally it may work to your disadvantage as well.

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.
    I for one appreciate the fact that you interact with us on the Forums and address are various concerns. But again I don't think it's fair to make an announcement on a change and then Backtrack on it. That suggestion is a good one, one that should maybe be implemented in the future. But it's really not fair to go back on a previously-announced change

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Yes.... M6 is too long..... I personally skip it a lot because you need to dedicate too much time to that 1 map..... I'd prefer to just run 1-4 (sometimes 5), just because of the time......... I mostly run PUGs (which is the norm because you will not always be able to find a PT to run with), and M6 can be a long, unforgiving nightmare when running PUGs................. I understand there needs to be a level of difficulty but, with PUGs being basically the norm, a map like M6 maybe just too long and hard for the "norm".......... If the difficulty were to be held in tact, a shorter map would definitely suffice.....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-21-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

i do really apprciate you being in contact with the community and all,but the change to the dragon hunter staff shouldnt be reversed or adjusted. the market for that weapon already crashed and many people sold thier weapons including myself, and since the tainted poison is a bug i would apprciate if you keep the changes the way they are but adjust the maus bosses a bit so they can be taken down by DPS in a reasonable time. that way people who sold thier ds can just use thier stats to kill bosses and the one who havent can still use thier weapon to make it a bit faster if they like. atleast thats in my opnion. and thank you,and the other devs very much for all your efforts!
    an alxe