Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    I for one appreciate the fact that you interact with us on the Forums and address are various concerns. But again I don't think it's fair to make an announcement on a change and then Backtrack on it. That suggestion is a good one, one that should maybe be implemented in the future. But it's really not fair to go back on a previously-announced change

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

I am appreciative they announced what they planned changing on the ds. BC if they didnt, we would not have posted our honest opinion and feelings, which would of resulted in many rage quitting if they nerfed ds without notice.. They are compromising, based on feedback. I for one appreciate that they are active, and are willing to compromise based on our feedback.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I am appreciative they announced what they planned changing on the ds. BC if they didnt, we would not have posted our honest opinion and feelings, which would of resulted in many rage quitting if they nerfed ds without notice.. They are compromising, based on feedback. I for one appreciate that they are active, and are willing to compromise based on our feedback.
    And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

Last edited by Shadowfaux; 02-21-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Well why don't we see them do that to a rogue weapon that you then sell. And we'll see how you feel about it then....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

I don't wish to derail this thread about what i sold or didnt sell, pm me (:
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    From what I hear, expansion isn't a mausoleum expansion! Stay with us!!
    Thanks for info, I'm a lot happier now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

For me its not the lenght of M6, but the lenght of combined maps to get there. If i cant get an invite to M5 I have to run 1-4 first. My hands hurt by then or some rl priorities call me away. I wish that once a player completes the quest lines and poens all floors, we could choose which map to farm.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think you should just let the DS be as what has been announced.

That is what I believe every mage would want, at least those who already sold theirs.

Let's not dwell in the past, but let's move on to newer and more exciting things!
    Last edited by DalleManden; 02-21-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...

Comments like this do more harm then good...

No changes were actually made in game nor was there any confirmations on when changes were taking effect.

Thankfully there was a post about the intended changes and through open discussion it seems a compromise has been reached to help both sides of the arguments for change an not to change.

To keep the game healthy its a great step forward and even nicer now to know at least the changes will take effect going forward rather than just impact the current environment.

+420

PS...

If you lost on on the speculation gamble just take it on the chin and move on

win some you lose some but the just keeps on spinning ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Comments like this do more harm then good...

No changes were actually made in game nor was there any confirmations on when changes were taking effect.

Thankfully there was a post about the intended changes and through open discussion it seems a compromise has been reached to help both sides of the arguments for change an not to change.

To keep the game healthy its a great step forward and even nicer now to know at least the changes will take effect going forward rather than just impact the current environment.

+420

PS...

If you lost on on the speculation gamble just take it on the chin and move on

win some you lose some but the just keeps on spinning ^.^

1 <3
    Look at the first post changes were announced. People made decisions based on those changes. It seems unfair to alter them now. I'm all for discussions and feedback, but retroactively changing things right after they've been announced is hardly fair to anybody. I'm not trying to derail anything I am part of the feedback that you are touting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    For me its not the lenght of M6, but the lenght of combined maps to get there. If i cant get an invite to M5 I have to run 1-4 first. My hands hurt by then or some rl priorities call me away. I wish that once a player completes the quest lines and poens all floors, we could choose which map to farm.

Even if there was something as simple as being able to trade/sell m5 passes rather then just stash.

just a thought :3

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Handsumlegend View Post
    Lol u didn’t read anything at all.

- All weapons with % boss damage will be capped at damage ( their only effective at their own levels ). Drag staff was used as an example.
    - They are moving toward new and away from Mausoleum while keeping it a good farmer paradise.

Hope this helps
    Helped a lot thankyou as did Java's reply. The thing is.. I'm useless at math, so when I see percentages and stats etc..my head aches. Then I saw mausoleum mentioned and retirement looked inviting. Sorry STS and all who love Maus but it's a tad morbid for me. Thanks again. I'm looking forward to expansion now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Look at the first post changes were announced. People made decisions based on those changes. It seems unfair to alter them now. I'm all for discussions and feedback, but retroactively changing things right after they've been announced is hardly fair to anybody. I'm not trying to derail anything I am part of the feedback that you are touting.

"Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!"

Thats the first line from Vrooms post.

Ive highlighted the part about how the changes are coming,,,no fixed date so always subject to change... which is what makes it so great because its not like the voices of the players arnt heard and they go ahead make changes willynilly...

if they had updated the game then rolled back then i would appropriate your point bud... but this was a open forum where changes which were planned announced to the public to get feedback and clearly make the right adjustments accordingly..

If people had been more patient then there would be nothing to feel sore about.

+420 again for all the work STS

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

"Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!"

Thats the first line from Vrooms post.

Ive highlighted the part about how the changes are coming,,,no fixed date so always subject to change... which is what makes it so great because its not like the voices of the players arnt heard and they go ahead make changes willynilly...

if they had updated the game then rolled back then i would appropriate your point bud... but this was a open forum where changes which were planned announced to the public to get feedback and clearly make the right adjustments accordingly..

If people had been more patient then there would be nothing to feel sore about.

+420 again for all the work STS

1<3
    Yes he said changes that are coming, as in these are things that are being implemented. He didn't say these are what were thinking about implementing what is your feedback? If that was what was stated I wouldn't have an issue. But he said these changes are coming. That's a definite statement I'm not arguing about when.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yes he said changes that are coming, as in these are things that are being implemented. He didn't say these are what were thinking about implementing what is your feedback? If that was what was stated I wouldn't have an issue. But he said these changes are coming. That's a definite statement I'm not arguing about when.

And that's your second point. That's illogical. Are people supposed to wait until the last minute so they get the minimum amount of money when they sell? Or should they sell as soon as the announcement is made hopefully getting a bigger return because not everybody knows of these changes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

My main point is only that if a developer announces that A change is coming on an official forum that those changes should be adhered to. People make decisions based on those posts. Whatever time the changes are going to be implemented is irrelevant. Feedback is useful and should be implemented in future changes. I am grateful for the fact of developers interact with us and tape our feedback seriously. But again retroactively changing previously-announced things is unfair to the people who have made their choices based on an official post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Yup... and instead of going ahead with changes without announcement and just telling us after...

we were notified before hand and after receiving feed back they made amendments...

again the smart thing to do would have been to wait

To be fair I dont know why but I had few people randomly ask me about selling their DS or not and like everything... chill and wait when it comes to speculations and nothing is 100%.

heres a good example...

People going crazy over the proc of the tainted weapons n getting rid of their current gears... but its 100% fact its bugged atm so enjoy it whilst it last.. not rely on it or put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.
    Godfather of Arlor

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

For awhile now Ive been trying to figure out what a "fair" way to outdate weapons was. If no changes were made, weapons like flame staff and drag staff would be used forever in the future. Why even bother buying any of the new gear released if the old gear is better any way?

So here is what I think would be a "fair" solution. For next expansion, and expansions in the future, let procs from ONLY new weapons work in the new maps. This would mean that any procs from old weapons would not work at all in new maps. This way, people buy the new weapons in order to play the new maps, but at the same time, there old weapons can still be good in older maps (such as esg and maus). Procs are the only reason old weapons stay around, as in most cases having good procs is better then having high damage. Not allowing these procs to go into future maps would force people to buy and use new gear (which is what we are trying to accomplish).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yup... and instead of going ahead with changes without announcement and just telling us after...

we were notified before hand and after receiving feed back they made amendments...

again the smart thing to do would have been to wait

To be fair I dont know why but I had few people randomly ask me about selling their DS or not and like everything... chill and wait when it comes to speculations and nothing is 100%.

heres a good example...

People going crazy over the proc of the tainted weapons n getting rid of their current gears... but its 100% fact its bugged atm so enjoy it whilst it last.. not rely on it or put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.
    Again then they should say these are changes they were thinking about implementing. Don't make it a definite statement if it's not definite. I'm fine with the changes either way the weapon was totally outdated. But don't make definite statements about game changes if you're going to change them. I don't know why that's not feasible. And by the way 420 forever

Last edited by Shadowfaux; 02-21-2018 at 02:27 PM.

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You are going to be OK shadowfaux. We'll always do our best to keep you informed here but sometimes we do change our mind for the better of the game.

You are here getting "insider" information to help you speculate on the market, if this goes awry every now and then that is part of the deal.

And yeah 420 yo.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

This is why we cant have nice things. Because this happens every time, but don’t worry: people next month will not remember. Then we can do it all over again.

Something to limit old weapons is probably a good idea.

Speculators dumping old equips for low prices is an old thing. Happens every season and with every rumor. People misreading A, B, or C: same old thing.

Maus6 is not too long. There are plenty of times when Maus6 is too short: 1 mini, no treasure rooms, dead end branches. It is only sometimes long: bad party, people want to kill every mob. Anyone can check the zone for minis, treasure rooms and bosses and just do those, making the zone darn fast. Getting through M1-4 to get to M5 can be done the same way. It is very possible to guess which direction the boss is in, but in any case, no need to clear. Just do a couple mob groups and run to boss. Even warriors can do this.

But changing the zone to the way players play, i.e. straight line, kill a few mobs, get boss: sure but guaranteed, there will be comments of boredom within a day. Although within that day, everyone will suddenly want more interesting zones.

Six months later, when interesting zones are provided, everyone will complain about difficulty and exclusivity.

Rinse, repeat.

It IS good for new equips and new weapons to be useful in new content. So yeah, limit life for old equips.

Star light, star bright...