Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cinco, I really miss PvP :(

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Cinco, I really miss PvP :(

It's been quite some time now since I have entered a PvP game. Might there be any future fixes/balance adjustments? I would really love to provide serious feedback, but only if it will be well received and actually considered.

~Ya boi Ghosty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    It's been quite some time now since I have entered a PvP game. Might there be any future fixes/balance adjustments? I would really love to provide serious feedback, but only if it will be well received and actually considered.

~Ya boi Ghosty
    I miss pvp too.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I moved to lowlvl pvp ... Better then nothing
    Ty Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Hi Will,

I understand where you are coming from, however I do not believe that this game will be making a turn for the better. At one time I believed that it would change course, but that it just wouldn't be soon. However, in my opinion, upon seeing the new updates and changes, I believe it is clear that this is the last milking of the cow so to speak (I typically don't find myself making farming analogies but I suppose this one applies :P ).

At this point in time, the game is essentially just being used to get what little coinage STS can get out of it before they finally decide to shut down the server. I believe that it is fairly clear that balance is no longer a priority for Spacetime on Pocket Legends. Their priority is to pump out "new" content to generate cash flow. However, most of this "new" content is just recycled material from the past.

From this, I would argue that it is fair to extrapolate that Pocket Legends is on its last leg, or maybe just the last stump of the leg it was standing on 3 years ago. It's amazing that the game is still alive, and it's amazing that the community is growing in size (based upon Cinco's post recently). However, I don't feel that the game growing in size is enough for most older players to stick around. At the end of the day, the game has to be fun, and right now I don't believe it is even remotely.

Good to see you on the forums

Best Wishes,
    Walie

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I agree and wish changes can be done to revert back to how L100 cap was at the beginning where everyone enjoyed it..

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Will, I really miss YoU :(

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    Will, I really miss YoU
    Why can't we go back to the good ole' days when everyone chilled in balefort together

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Why can't we go back to the good ole' days when everyone chilled in balefort together
    I really agree

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xzLegendszx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Can't we just vote who wants Old Pocket Legends and not?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xzLegendszx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Yes. I, as well as many other players, feel entirely neglected by Cinco and the developers. This isn't a single player issue, but rather one that has affected a great amount of players in our community. Oftentimes, Cinco reads what players want and does the exact opposite. It's no secret that the current PL business model is set up to generate the greatest amount of money even at the cost of player satisfaction. While this may be successful short-term because of buzz and hype, the current state of PL is not sustainable. This cold and harsh reality will be realized within the next year unless changes are made.

My guild Restoration is the fourth largest guild on the leaderboard according to players capped at endgame, yet it is entirely inactive. What was once a guild that had someone online at all times is now entirely devoid of any activity because the game is simply not fun in anyway whatsoever anymore for the vast majority of my guild.

First and foremost, it is my opinion that companies should strive to live and die by the most ethically sound business model that can make the most money. A good example of a game that does this is Fortnite. You can purchase vanities, emotes, banners, and other all-around really cool things in the game. None of these things give you a competitive advantage over other players though. A really bad example of a business model is EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2. The game was hyped up to be one of the best Star Wars games of all time, but instead it was quickly discovered by players that the fun in the game was blocked by a paywall. Standard characters that came in previous games like Darth Vader had to be earned through sixty hours of gameplay for each character. It was discovered that it was nearly impossible to be a top player in the game unless you put in around 3,000 hours of gameplay or six months of constant 24/7 gaming. As a result, there was a massive player backlash towards EA and now the company has one of the worst reputations of all time.

Second and most importantly, if you are going to go the way of making a game that gives players with money a competitive advantage, at least make the game fun. What's fun to a lot of players is gaining the skill and knowledge necessary in a game to compete at a top level, or at least at a moderate level. Players feel a sense of pride and accomplishment not through putting in their credit card information and buying platinum, but rather taking the time to learn the game mechanics, range, knowledge of what to do in certain team situations, etc. Right now, the game feels entirely skill less, both in PvP and PvE. The game certainly wasn't marketed towards toddlers when it first came out, but right now it feels like all you need is a thumb to press auto and maybe a skill or two without knowing anything else. If you have a stat gun in PvP, you can mindlessly auto your way through anything. If you have a pet in PvE, you can one shot the vast majority of any mob or boss regardless of level. On top of this, loot drops are so common that there's nothing worth farming except for season events and even then, the loot that drops quickly becomes worthless because the drop rate is entirely too high (i.e. 1k gold Crowns of Frost).

I'd like to close my thoughts by saying that I hope Cinco takes these ideas into consideration when implementing future content. If you do happen to reply to any of these posts, Cinco, I hope that you don't reply in a sarcastic and irreverent way to these genuine and heartfelt comments. Whether you realize it or not, some of your posts are snarky and off putting to a lot of players, especially when the comments are coming from a developer. I realize that some of us have different humour than others, but I ask that you take the time to try to be more self aware in the future, especially when replying to individuals who have taken the time to voice their heartfelt concerns, only for you to reply in a one word or one sentence that's imprudent and makes the player feel like they don't matter at all.

I also want to suggest that if you are open to the idea, you should assemble a team of players who have been playing the game for a long period of time and know what has worked in the past and what has not when it comes to balancing PvP and PvE, as well as other issues. You may discuss any ideas for implementation in a group chat in private. If you are, I'd like to nominate Ghost to be apart of the team. He's one player who's been here since the start, has a wide array of experience, and can offer significant input that will surely impact the game in a positive way. Thanks.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Get used to never seeing a new face at your favorite PvP level you think it was hard to start the game or a new level before and compete? Yea well now it's actually impossible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Congeniality & Dolloway,

Thank you for your thoughtfully constructed words. I have always admired both of your roles these past several years, and I am beyond grateful to have experienced the ups and downs of PL with you guys. Above all, you guys will always be leaders in my eyes, whether you think it or not. Thank you for always being supportive and incredible friends.

I have made a lot of these heart-felt posts over the years. I really do struggle to completely let go of the community (you can decide if that's a problem or not for yourself). I know I'm attached to you guys – and I've said it myriad times – PL was the perfect game for fostering a healthy, vibrant community. The real salt in the wound is how STS has stemmed away from their "ethical" business model which I have always valued. I took up computer science as a hobby a few years back because of PL, and was inspired with STS' paradigm.

It's been 8 years, I get it. I never expected the game to be updated for this long. I just hadn't expected it to be left in such a poor, unplayable condition. I thought at the very least we would be left with a fun game. There is not a single aspect left that makes PL what it used to be – socializing (the game feels desolate), PvP, or PvE – it's just OP, out blown stats everywhere.

Seeing as I have not had the courage to entirely remove myself from this community, I will be sticking around. I don't hop in game anymore, but I still enjoy roaming the forums, responding to PMs and the such. And until I see the post that says "We will no longer be updating PL for certain" or "We will be shutting down PL" I'll continue to fight for this game I have always loved, because at the heart of STS they wouldn't want it to go to waste either.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 02-28-2018 at 01:05 AM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I'm jilsponie, and I support this message.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post
    I moved to lowlvl pvp ... Better then nothing
    I play on low levels as well... But i made in jilsponie in 2011 and miss playing with my main lol

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Indeed very heartfelt and genuine commentary. Certainly worth my attention and consideration. Thanks to you all for sticking around! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

(I'm banned for a while.)
    Last edited by Cinco; 02-28-2018 at 02:14 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

26.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Some of this thread is quite constructive.

Thanks for the feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com