Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New players cannot become rich"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Default "New players cannot become rich"

This is a quote said by too many people and I want to say my opinions on it.
    It is easy as ever to make gold as a new player due to maus.
    Clearly with gold loot you can make more gold but after enough time you can afford these sets. Spending money in any game will give you a boost but since this has been created people really can't complain about pay to win because f2p definitely can exist in this game.
    Basically what I'm saying is to stop complaining if you aren't willing to work to get something
    sorry for the rant

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to badgirlchlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badgirlchlo View Post
    This is a quote said by too many people and I want to say my opinions on it.
    It is easy as ever to make gold as a new player due to maus.
    Clearly with gold loot you can make more gold but after enough time you can afford these sets. Spending money in any game will give you a boost but since this has been created people really can't complain about pay to win because f2p definitely can exist in this game.
    Basically what I'm saying is to stop complaining if you aren't willing to work to get something
    sorry for the rant
    Its all relative IMO. Its easier to make gold right now if ur endgame n have decent amount of gold already, but the price of everyting is really high right now too. Try making a new toon from scratch and see how easy it is. Its not as easy as u think. Just hope sts does more for new players n twinks in next expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Let's just go through the life of a new player:
    -Make a char
    -Do story daily 10 days in a row since it requires that to unlock a great part of the game IMO.
    -Lvl up from 1-66 which will take a week or 3 depending on the how motivated the player is.
    -After lvling up a new player needs to grind 55k maus points to get to this 'goldmine' you speak of.
    -After accomplishing the 55k maus points if they haven't given up already on this game that requires way too much dedication/daily cycle most of the time they have to first run mau without gold loot to be able to grind up enough gold to buy the proper gear for mau.
    Let's not forget most of us ditch ungeared pugs at m4/5 and form our own party (if I have offended anyone by saying most of us, I'm sorry but I'll admit I do this since I don't want to make a loss farming mau nor do I have all day to complete a single map).

The sheer amount of dedication and repetitive cycle that this game requires is just a turn off for new players in my eyes. I tried to get some friends to try out AL as well and they all questioned me for playing it, oh well
    AL now a days is mostly 'interesting' to those already playing or had played it in the past.
    From what I see a very small percentage of new players stick to playing AL. The reason for this being that it requires a constant dedication, I'll just bring up the latest example: Lovecraft event 2018. Unless you farmed energy for quite some time or used up gold or plat to get letters to tier up faster (which required a gold tier friend, not many new players would have one of these) it wouldn't be possible to reach plat tier. Most have made some gold back by using letters a lot but this can also go side way since you basically are gambling to loot something good.

For players that want to keep up with the game they need a constant dedication or else they will miss out on a lot. AL shouldn't be another job after the one you already.

Chlo, you said it as if it's something very easy, but it really isn't as easy as you make it seem. Yes possible but how many new players would pull through?

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Although I completely agree with the whole traders permit issue there is a reason for it, there are many ways to earn gold other than maus that legendary 66 gear can get you through such as elite southern gates, levelling is now MUCH easier due to xp quests and although it takes dedication all new players do have a chance
    thankyou for letting me see that side though

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

I have a friend in game who started about a year ago..after 2-3 months he was farming maus..bought a glowstick. His one of the best tanks and through sheer determination, he is now ranked on the lb. Totally legit too..unlike some.

It can be done.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I have a friend in game who started about a year ago..after 2-3 months he was farming maus..bought a glowstick. His one of the best tanks and through sheer determination, he is now ranked on the lb. Totally legit too..unlike some.

It can be done.
    The reason behind that is he probably already had a person in the game willing to help him+not ditching him in mauso. New players aren't getting all kinds of support, so actual farming for them starts after even longer time. And we all know that just a pet alone is not enough to be considered in a party today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    The reason behind that is he probably already had a person in the game willing to help him+not ditching him in mauso. New players aren't getting all kinds of support, so actual farming for them starts after even longer time. And we all know that just a pet alone is not enough to be considered in a party today.
    Could be. I think a decent guild that helps new players learn is helpful..and a willingness to learn is also priceless.

More veteran players willing to help and less jackwads calling players "nabs" also helps.

As a community we play a part in keeping our game healthy and active...training up the next generation is to our benefit.

The ability to become rich is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

When i started playing i was using epic weapons/gear and soloing most maps because nobody wanted to run with an undergeared warrior so what I did was added everyone in every town and joined them then eventually joined a guild and got better gear and more friends to run with. I did the entire nekro quest solo xD just gotta put in a bit of effort at the start you will eventually get somewhere.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Took me years to get rich as a non plat player xD
    Always a new weapon, new pet, new something that dried me out xD Was never able to save up.
    I think that this game was never easy, and not addressed to every game player.
    It’s a grind game. Aps, money, ingredients for crafting, everything in game you have to grind for. And if you like AL and don’t want to grind to achieve money, there are plats.
    I also have friends that tried it out and just one was cought and now a good player. Again, not for everyone.
    I think that if trading permit would be an issue, Sts would find a way to fix, as AL is one of their source of money! But....how many new players know about trading permit? You need someone to tells you 99% of the time....so maybe is not that big of an issue in terms of continue the game.
    And because I am one of the people who made it.....I agree to who is saying “stop complaining and works your way out”.
    Just be careful.....you could end up being stupid like me XD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Hmm.. Define rich.
    I don't consider myself rich, though I have all the gears and pets I wanted + a little bit of gold just stashed (because I don't see anything worth investing right now). No I am not a merch, I make gold grinding elites and events. I auction/trade my drops to get the things I want, its as simple as that. The thing is you gotta prioritize your need vs want vs luxury. It was fairly easy for me to gear up to the end game just using the gold I got from quests, events and elites. Now I do maus if I get time and the gold from that just go to my stash.

People who cry are the one who compare their progress with others, which is mere foolishness. If you do that then I think its time to ask yourself why you play the game? and if you play for yourself or to impress the unknown others around you.

Isn't every mmo grind based? F2p just have to put in the extra time to get things done. So basically currency for f2p is Time.
    @Thread: There is huge difference between pay to win and pay to play, get that right.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

New players are nab. Ofc they cant become rich soo ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    New players are nab. Ofc they cant become rich soo ridiculous
    Attention all new players, beg Aze for gold..fastest way to become rich.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Let's just go through the life of a new player:
    -Lvl up from 1-66 which will take a week or 3 depending on the how motivated the player is.
    Name:  am2Rgny_700b.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  15.3 KB

meowmeowmeow
    Last edited by Ent; 02-27-2018 at 05:37 AM.

Sig made by Baron! check out his work here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ron-Sig-Thread

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

There are plenty of other options other than maus you just gotta grind.

I was going to rant about this too lol, i decided not to, with my luck it would start too much drama.

+1 to this rant lol

Oh and what about those people who complain that leveling is too hard? Lol im not even going to say anything...I'll just leave this here..

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Players calling each other names, whining at each other, etc are not going to end up being my friend, nor are they going to end up being people I play with.

However, when someone asks me a question in a normal manner, about gear or where to go next or what to do next, and give me a chance to answer, assuming I am not afk, then I answer. If they do not inexplicably morph into beggars, we will hold a conversation where I attempt to guide them to exploring the world, doing the quests (both story, side and dailies), and on how to get items while they are doing their Story Token quests.

If they make sure they pick up their Ally rewards, it will take them approx. 7-8 days to get their Traders' Permit. In the meantime, there are things they can do to farm and gear up and explore.

Besides drops in zones and quest, they can also obtain items from NPC vendors and from the game Store. Several of the token currencies have no limit as to how much one can run them a day, so they can get items that way.

Star light, star bright...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Its possible , but is it enjoyable ? no .
    Right after you start the game your are presented with a 10 days period in which you can do nothing but grind exp . The grinds are waaaay to long and as a reward just give you an even harder grind . Also the fact that all of that happens in no more than 4 maps does not help in the slightest . And on top of that theres the fact that "expirienced" players will rather make fun of newbies instead of helping out . All of my friends that i invited to AL never made it to maus, longest one to stay hanged around for 2 months. Everyone had the same reason - Theres to much boring grinding and running the same maps over and over again with little rewards .

A game , especially a mmo rpg game needs a big player base . Imo sts should heavily focus on early game content even at the expense of endgame one . Most of us already know that the game is awesome and wont quit after a couple months of not getting attention XD on the other hand those who just started will .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 02-27-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default "New players cannot become rich"

Ofc they can be rich if.. they plat user! anything is possible!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yuyie; 02-27-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

AL is intend to be a long term game, for sure you need to work to get something, you cant start this game and have everything for free on the first day, took me at least 1 year to be a decent player, and yes you need to grind your way, many things in this game cannot be buy with plat (ex: opening mausoleum, took me 3 months to be last rank), u have to put in the time, getting a little bit more strong and rich everyday, and it go way faster if you doing so by following storyline and questline than if u stand for hours in town begging and complaining!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Its possible , but is it enjoyable ? no .
    Right after you start the game your are presented with a 10 days period in which you can do nothing but grind exp . The grinds are waaaay to long and as a reward just give you an even harder grind . Also the fact that all of that happens in no more than 4 maps does not help in the slightest . And on top of that theres the fact that "expirienced" players will rather make fun of newbies instead of helping out . All of my friends that i invited to AL never made it to maus, longest one to stay hanged around for 2 months. Everyone had the same reason - Theres to much boring grinding and running the same maps over and over again with little rewards .

A game , especially a mmo rpg game needs a big player base . Imo sts should heavily focus on early game content even at the expense of endgame one . Most of us already know that the game is awesome and wont quit after a couple months of not getting attention XD on the other hand those who just started will .
    Couldnt agree more +100

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    Name:  am2Rgny_700b.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  15.3 KB

meowmeowmeow
    Lololol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk