Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets talk about pve kills, hauntlet and auto pilot aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    ^ Good idea, but it would ruin timed leaderboards since the times wouldn't be consistent (would be random).
    Thats actually easy to fix , just add a gate in the exit path like the one in hauntlet which will start the time as soon as somebody walks trough it/attacks it . This way everyone will start at the same time .

Also , correct me if im wrong - but im pretty sure timers only start once someone attacks a mob .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Hmm, none of the posts here are from developers who understand how basic/dynamic AI works. To keep it shot, it requires a seed that is a predictable constant. Hence rest assured that a basic bot will not work in Hauntlet/Graveyard/Maus. Unless there is a mastermind who can design a AI that can play itself and react to every variable in the environment (then TBH, they wont be wasting their time and talent here).

@OP: I can show you players who run hauntlet 8 hours a day; players who repeat same maps for hours for Kill APs, players who run same maps again and again for hours to get timed on LB. What I mean to say is do not assume and generalize just because "you think" that people cannot achieve those "numbers" by hard work. You say numbers don't lie, but cant that mean that they got those numbers because they run hauntlet 12hrs a day (as you mentioned).
    I would like to know how you differentiate between a player and a bot? How you quote who is legit? and How disabling PVE kills from hauntlet is a solution? Kindly elaborate.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Hmm, none of the posts here are from developers who understand how basic/dynamic AI works. To keep it shot, it requires a seed that is a predictable constant. Hence rest assured that a basic bot will not work in Hauntlet/Graveyard/Maus. Unless there is a mastermind who can design a AI that can play itself and react to every variable in the environment (then TBH, they wont be wasting their time and talent here).

@OP: I can show you players who run hauntlet 8 hours a day; players who repeat same maps for hours for Kill APs, players who run same maps again and again for hours to get timed on LB. What I mean to say is do not assume and generalize just because "you think" that people cannot achieve those "numbers" by hard work. You say numbers don't lie, but cant that mean that they got those numbers because they run hauntlet 12hrs a day (as you mentioned).
    I would like to know how you differentiate between a player and a bot? How you quote who is legit? and How disabling PVE kills from hauntlet is a solution? Kindly elaborate.
    Thank you for your response, I too used to think the same thing about the hauntlet, unti it was explained to me how to use an ap that records your exact movements. Unlike the Mausoleum, the hauntlet does not have enough verables to make a botting script obsolete .

And don’t worry, I do not assume . I am well aware that there are honest players who run the hauntlet.
    Bots don’t respond to pms, bots don’t sleep, or break their patterns unless their battery dies xD!

Laugh it up fuzzball!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Masked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I see people either start or join me in hauntlet, they run in trigger the first mobs killing but a handful until the first ones respawn then they leave, and do this over and over. I don't code and I could do it easily.
    I'm not saying there aren't legit players boosting stats, and I'm definitely not believing there are no cheaters in haunt
    Nevermind my tinfoil hat

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I see people either start or join me in hauntlet, they run in trigger the first mobs killing but a handful until the first ones respawn then they leave, and do this over and over. I don't code and I could do it easily.
    I'm not saying there aren't legit players boosting stats, and I'm definitely not believing there are no cheaters in haunt
    Nevermind my tinfoil hat
    Ahh I see, so you mean the player joins, kills some mobs from initial room and then leaves. Rinse - repeat, is it?
    That is easily possible don't even need to code (rather not give ideas ). if you see same player again and again then better ask them upfront whats the scene - if no response then I think the best thing we can do is just record the session and send it to support
    Retired

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts

Ahh I see, so you mean the player joins, kills some mobs from initial room and then leaves. Rinse - repeat, is it?
    Precisely.

That is easily possible don't even need to code (rather not give ideas ). if you see same player again and again then better ask them upfront whats the scene - if no response then I think the best thing we can do is just record the session and send it to support
    Yup, you get it. As far as reporting I have to admit, I thought because it was just stat boosting I just rolled my eyes. I tend to only care about reporting ppl who financially profit.
    Lb and krd? Well I know what it does n doesn't mean, but I get what your saying
    -sue
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

lol i typed a whole paragraph on how its definitely possible to bot first room of hauntlet with a basic bot and it didnt get approved xD

Well an easy way to find a botter would be random attacks/skills being used when there are no enemies around or by recording the time he spends in hauntlet a few times and look for a pattern ( they could intentionally write multiple runs with slightly different remap times or movements) . Just asking them to respond is not enough , what if they dont speak english or just have you on ignore ?

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    lol i typed a whole paragraph on how its definitely possible to bot first room of hauntlet with a basic bot and it didnt get approved xD

Well an easy way to find a botter would be random attacks/skills being used when there are no enemies around or by recording the time he spends in hauntlet a few times and look for a pattern ( they could intentionally write multiple runs with slightly different remap times or movements) . Just asking them to respond is not enough , what if they dont speak english or just have you on ignore ?
    Personally I don't think I care much about how others play the game, if they cheat they will get the ban hammer sooner or later. Most of the players at end game wont risk their hard work on such things. I might give ideas here but TBH in-game I ll be busy with my guild doing the content then checking who is botting

But anyway when it comes to verifying you can never be sure, so do your best to judge the scenario on your instincts and report. Let support take care of the rest, they can check all other aspects as they have all the information to investigate it.
    Retired