Thread: To All My Dear Friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default To All My Dear Friends

To preface this, I would like to quickly say that I am fully aware that this is going to be rather sappy. However, given the time and energy I have put into this game, it feels as though it wouldn't be doing my time justice if I didn't address those I was so fortunate as to meet and connect with through Pocket Legends. Sometimes the best friends and people are those you can't see or hear, but the ones who express their friendship through a screen. Sometimes, they do a better job than the people we surround ourselves with.

Many years ago, back in late 2010 (Feels hard to believe it has been that long), I started the game we all knew and loved Pocket Legends. Over these past seven years, I have met amazing people, who although were not perfect (like all of us), were some of the most kind and gracious people of my life. Clearly seven years is a long time to be playing a game, and because of that I have met an immense crowd of players whom have all helped mold me into the person I am today.

Firstly I would like to thank Griffin (xxpwningxx). Although you're not the most eloquent of people, you were a guy who truly enjoyed spending time with me on Pocket Legends, and was the first strong relationship I built through Pocket Legends. Constantly giving and wanting my experience in the game to be the best it was, I now realize the gravity of your commitment to our friendship. Thank you.

Secondly, to xProacidx (not using your irl name because I think you mentioned that you didn't like me using it :P). I simply cannot overstate what I think of you. Name a positive word in the dictionary and it probably applies to you. For years I was blessed to be your friend, and although you no longer play, I can't be thankful enough. In a lot of ways I feel that you looked up to me for a while. I feel that in some of those ways I failed you because of my lack of maturity when I was younger. But all in all, I think you overlooked my shortfalls and remained my friend. Thank you.

To Usabianik. Gosh has it been a long time my dude. We played together back in 2011, and I just spoke with you last week. It's been a long ride, and through it all you've been a friend. From <Into Oblivion> to now, you haven't given up on me. Thank you.

Next, to Dohvakiian, in a lot of ways you were the cool older kid to me in Pocket Legends. Between teaching me about the game and just helping me have a good time in general, you were an awesome person to have known. Furthermore, when I needed help, you were there. While most people who run from other's issues, who went right into the thick of it to help me out. Thank you.

Now to Charlie. I hope you are reading this. If so, there really aren't words to describe what I'm thinking. In a lot of ways, you showed me how fulfilling it can be to be there for someone when things go bad. Through thick and thin we stood by each other's side, and that says a lot. I haven't seen you in ages, I hope you are well, and thank you.

To Bleedwithfear. Haven't seen you in ages. I think you may have introduced yourself to me with a new name, but I simply have forgotten (sorry!). Regardless, you too were a friend of mine I will deeply miss.

To Jackie and her brother. I don't think you two are on the forums, must less in Pocket Legends anymore. Anywho, going to miss you both, and hope life is treating you well. Thank you.

To Ssupergoku. You've been a cool dude, period. It's awesome to have known you, and I hope life is treating you well also. P.S. I included Griffin partly for the meme 8)

Next to Soundboards. Although we don't talk anymore, much to my own fault, I'll always remember that one, you were a good friend, and two, you still owe me 1.4m XD!!!! Jokes aside, you were a good guy and someone I will certainly miss.

To Burningdex. I have known you mostly on the forums, which is an enigma for me. Most people I meet in the game, but you have been a cool dude. Deuces bro xD! Thank you.

To Ghost. Sure, we weren't super close, nor did we talk that often. But I feel like I have to put you in here for not only being a friend, but also for what you have done for the Pocket Legends community. It's crazy to think you've been playing since the very beginning and are still keeping with the game to some extent. Between being a generally good guy who just wants to have fun (without the drama) and organizing community tournaments, I credit you to much of why Pocket Legends is still running today. I also credit you for keeping me in this game the past few years through your events, and thus meeting 3-4 people on this list. To all those things, I thank you.

Finally to Chris. First I want to state that I saved you for last for a reason. One because I think you are most important, and two because I like to think you got nervous reading through not seeing your name XD! You've been the best friend I could have imagined having come from a video game. Sometimes it feels like we know each other outside the game we are so close. I know that sounds weird, but honestly I feel like I have known you longer than just 2 and a half years. You've been there for me, I've been there for you, and there's nothing I would rather have gotten out of a friendship through a screen. I want you to remember me somehow, and I have a feeling you will. Maybe that is just me being a selfish ego-maniac, but idk. I know for sure I will remember you until the day I die. You're a bro, and a hell of a guy. Thank you so much and take care of yourself in this big bad world.

I hope everyone I mentioned gets to read this, but who knows. And here is to a final thank you to all of the forums people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    To preface this, I would like to quickly say that I am fully aware that this is going to be rather sappy. However, given the time and energy I have put into this game, it feels as though it wouldn't be doing my time justice if I didn't address those I was so fortunate as to meet and connect with through Pocket Legends. Sometimes the best friends and people are those you can't see or hear, but the ones who express their friendship through a screen. Sometimes, they do a better job than the people we surround ourselves with.

Many years ago, back in late 2010 (Feels hard to believe it has been that long), I started the game we all knew and loved Pocket Legends. Over these past seven years, I have met amazing people, who although were not perfect (like all of us), were some of the most kind and gracious people of my life. Clearly seven years is a long time to be playing a game, and because of that I have met an immense crowd of players whom have all helped mold me into the person I am today.

Firstly I would like to thank Griffin (xxpwningxx). Although you're not the most eloquent of people, you were a guy who truly enjoyed spending time with me on Pocket Legends, and was the first strong relationship I built through Pocket Legends. Constantly giving and wanting my experience in the game to be the best it was, I now realize the gravity of your commitment to our friendship. Thank you.

Secondly, to xProacidx (not using your irl name because I think you mentioned that you didn't like me using it :P). I simply cannot overstate what I think of you. Name a positive word in the dictionary and it probably applies to you. For years I was blessed to be your friend, and although you no longer play, I can't be thankful enough. In a lot of ways I feel that you looked up to me for a while. I feel that in some of those ways I failed you because of my lack of maturity when I was younger. But all in all, I think you overlooked my shortfalls and remained my friend. Thank you.

To Usabianik. Gosh has it been a long time my dude. We played together back in 2011, and I just spoke with you last week. It's been a long ride, and through it all you've been a friend. From <Into Oblivion> to now, you haven't given up on me. Thank you.

Next, to Dohvakiian, in a lot of ways you were the cool older kid to me in Pocket Legends. Between teaching me about the game and just helping me have a good time in general, you were an awesome person to have known. Furthermore, when I needed help, you were there. While most people who run from other's issues, who went right into the thick of it to help me out. Thank you.

Now to Charlie. I hope you are reading this. If so, there really aren't words to describe what I'm thinking. In a lot of ways, you showed me how fulfilling it can be to be there for someone when things go bad. Through thick and thin we stood by each other's side, and that says a lot. I haven't seen you in ages, I hope you are well, and thank you.

To Bleedwithfear. Haven't seen you in ages. I think you may have introduced yourself to me with a new name, but I simply have forgotten (sorry!). Regardless, you too were a friend of mine I will deeply miss.

To Jackie and her brother. I don't think you two are on the forums, must less in Pocket Legends anymore. Anywho, going to miss you both, and hope life is treating you well. Thank you.

To Ssupergoku. You've been a cool dude, period. It's awesome to have known you, and I hope life is treating you well also. P.S. I included Griffin partly for the meme 8)

Next to Soundboards. Although we don't talk anymore, much to my own fault, I'll always remember that one, you were a good friend, and two, you still owe me 1.4m XD!!!! Jokes aside, you were a good guy and someone I will certainly miss.

To Burningdex. I have known you mostly on the forums, which is an enigma for me. Most people I meet in the game, but you have been a cool dude. Deuces bro xD! Thank you.

To Ghost. Sure, we weren't super close, nor did we talk that often. But I feel like I have to put you in here for not only being a friend, but also for what you have done for the Pocket Legends community. It's crazy to think you've been playing since the very beginning and are still keeping with the game to some extent. Between being a generally good guy who just wants to have fun (without the drama) and organizing community tournaments, I credit you to much of why Pocket Legends is still running today. I also credit you for keeping me in this game the past few years through your events, and thus meeting 3-4 people on this list. To all those things, I thank you.

Finally to Chris. First I want to state that I saved you for last for a reason. One because I think you are most important, and two because I like to think you got nervous reading through not seeing your name XD! You've been the best friend I could have imagined having come from a video game. Sometimes it feels like we know each other outside the game we are so close. I know that sounds weird, but honestly I feel like I have known you longer than just 2 and a half years. You've been there for me, I've been there for you, and there's nothing I would rather have gotten out of a friendship through a screen. I want you to remember me somehow, and I have a feeling you will. Maybe that is just me being a selfish ego-maniac, but idk. I know for sure I will remember you until the day I die. You're a bro, and a hell of a guy. Thank you so much and take care of yourself in this big bad world.

I hope everyone I mentioned gets to read this, but who knows. And here is to a final thank you to all of the forums people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    That was nice :-). But wheres my thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Goodbye josh from into oblivion, to 71 pvp just a few weeks ago. I hope you find something as great as pocket legends once was. And I Wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Wow you got some hell of a good friends.
    I were playing this game for 6 years and still no loyal friends. Some are to selfish or sometimes when i leave for a week I dont matter to them anymore. Well written.

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Your contribution and presence in this community will never be forgotten. Thank you for being who you are, and for persistently striving to make the PL community a better place for everyone. You will always play an invaluable role here, and I hope that you check in time to time.

It's people like you that make this world an amazing place to live in. Keep doing you, man.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

The link at the end : ).

Has been a pleasure talking to you sir, all the best out there; you'll be missed dearly by us all!
    nothing lasts forever

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Walie You will always be my favorite PL youtuber.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakethetank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If only I could put words on how I feel about you man and as I said before I still can't believe we are friends because early on I was watching your videos and wondering maybe one day I will get to know you and maybe even befreind you well here we are bro. Its been an amazing 2 and a half years, crazy how time flies huh? But as you said we basically know eachother as friends IRL and that's crazy to me that we only know eachother because of a game dude. I will never forget what you have done for me if it wasn't for you I don't know where I would be right now so from the bottom of my heart I thank you

Also i wont forget you man and I hope we will always keep in touch, I know this will sound kind of weird but I find myself sometimes wondering how you're doing. But all in all this friendship has been amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Chris

PS: I was nervous reading that XD

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Aww, dang. Best of luck to you irl and maybe one day you will feel the lure of PL once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Good luck Pal, there's life after PL Was good fighting your fox a few months back. And glad you loved your sig

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk