Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [QUESTION] Promoting Arcane Legends to the public

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default [QUESTION] Promoting Arcane Legends to the public

Hello Friend & family! (And Gary)

I've been wondering this for a good moment. How can, or how will, or how is Arcane Legends being promoted to the public, to reel in more new players and grow the AL gaming community?

Do leave your thoughts below, and I'd really appreciate it if devs can, share their thoughts on this

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You know what, I don’t think they do promote it. Most people that play are people that have played their older games or just stumbled upon the game. We should promote ourselves if it’ll help them, you know. This is honestly a great gaming company and I expect big things in the future. Just thinking about them having one of those offices in a tower with “Spacetime” written on the side when I drive by is amazing.
    Currently Playing:
    Aype [71 Mage] Rehired [61 Rogue]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rehired For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

The only advertising i have seen is in their other games.

Maybe they dont get enough money to buy advertisements..idk how its done lol just a thought..but then again they should be rich from our money so they should be able to. Im sure just 1 advertisement (maybe a Television Commercial) could bring thousands.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rehired View Post
    You know what, I don’t think they do promote it. Most people that play are people that have played their older games or just stumbled upon the game. We should promote ourselves if it’ll help them, you know. This is honestly a great gaming company and I expect big things in the future. Just thinking about them having one of those offices in a tower with “Spacetime” written on the side when I drive by is amazing.
    Great idea you've got there . Personally, what are a few ways you think we can promote to the general gaming public?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Is it legal to take it upon ourselves to advertise their game(s)?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I think the best way and cheapest way to promote arcane legends is to make Arcane legend videos with crossovers with popular pop culture references and video games and

trending things and maybe.........even a gameplay review video of arcane legends?

I've already made a crossover of arcane legends with an other popular game. It's a mix of Arcane legends & the Phoenix Wright ace attorney franchise.

I'm working on more projects at the moment....alot of ingredients to gather first, then i'll bake em and serve to you guys.

Oh and incase you guys are curious, here's the crossover video i've crafted and i suggest you guys skip to the 7:52 timer of the video.

That's when the crossover begins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Some type of promotion would be great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Great suggestions let's find even more method of promoting this great game

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Don't worry they do it when its required. Pramotions are only required at the start of the projects, if you remember 2013/14 AL was trending. A lot of bloggers/content creator and magazines published about AL. And then all the stores (google/amazon/ios) promoted it as well. Now its on auto pilot, searching for "Best MMO" in app stores results in AL (you don't need anything else ).
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Don't worry they do it when its required. Pramotions are only required at the start of the projects, if you remember 2013/14 AL was trending. A lot of bloggers/content creator and magazines published about AL. And then all the stores (google/amazon/ios) promoted it as well. Now its on auto pilot, searching for "Best MMO" in app stores results in AL (you don't need anything else ).
    wrong!
    Every company goes through various stages.
    Guess which stage is AL now?
    Name:  FE03DBA6-758C-48EB-9EB2-0ED5BAB439B4.png
Views: 303
Size:  7.0 KB

I think 1 is late 2012 to early 2013 when game was explored then
    2 is 2013 when most people joined
    Then game improved a lot and developed in 2014-2015 and was consolidated near the end (4) then it struggled through to 2016 and many players quit and 2017 it went really bad but now that STS has decided to pay attention to it, it has potential to become better.

I am not making this up. This is an actual graph from BBC
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 03-07-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    wrong!

Then game improved a lot and developed in 2014-2015 and was consolidated near the end (4) then it struggled through to 2016 and many players quit and 2017 it went really bad but now that STS has decided to pay attention to it, it has potential to become better.

Let's put our faith in STS, and trust that they can steer AL towards rejuvenation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

wrong!

WRONG!
    AL is a product not a company.
    The image that you attached is called Butler Model, it is only applied to tourism. Know what you are talking about
    Also, your assumptions to pin the marketing of the product to the model is pointless coz it does not apply to product life cycle.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The image that you attached is called Butler Model, it is only applied to tourism. Know what you are talking about
    Also, your assumptions to pin the marketing of the product to the model is wrong.
    I am aware but I see al and the model working with AL.

To some extent AL is just like a place people come to visit and check it out and if they don’t like or get bored after so many times. It’s deleted but given the changes and improvements people can come back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalteam View Post
    Great idea you've got there . Personally, what are a few ways you think we can promote to the general gaming public?

The most cost efficient would be YouTube ads. But they could probably have those ads that pop up on android screens when playing a game. They even had a tv ad for Star Legends back in the day. I don’t know the prices for this stuff though.
    Currently Playing:
    Aype [71 Mage] Rehired [61 Rogue]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I am aware but I see al and the model working with AL.
    The predefined models are there for a reason, they don't change on personal preferences. Read about product life cycle 1st before you jump into assumption.

To some extent AL is just like a place people come to visit and check it out and if they don’t like or get bored after so many times. It’s deleted but given the changes and improvements people can come back!
    huh? -_-
    Sorry I cannot comprehend what you are trying to say here. I don't see how you can justify a model related to tourism to a mmo. And how does that apply to this thread which is about marketing of the product?
    Retired

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The predefined models are there for a reason, they don't change on personal preferences. Read about product life cycle 1st before you jump into assumption.

huh? -_-
    Sorry I cannot comprehend what you are trying to say here. I don't see how you can justify a model related to tourism to a mmo. And how does that apply to this thread which is about marketing of the product?
    U don’t get what I am trying to say but it’s okay. Just let it go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

WRONG!
    Also, your assumptions to pin the marketing of the product to the model is pointless coz it does not apply to product life cycle.

Perspective.

AL - Might be a product of sorts... however so is Disney.

The butler model can actually be used and the reason being is AL it self tho a product as such its still a "virtual destination" of sorts... you can "vist" and interact within the game for free... of course there are products within the game for purchase but unless you actually delete your account your virtual pressence remains and availbe for you to visit anytime... and being a social game.. we all know for a fact there are people who log in simply to use AL as a virtual platform to meet up with a friend online an talk to them as opposed to having to run through the quests.

We create our virtual avatars and we visit a space in cyberspace known as Arlor...

Of course if the social aspect was to decline in game and people stopped logging on and "visiting"... game would inevitably die.

Doesnt matter how good a game is... if people arnt there to play it dies off..

Doesnt matter how good a theme park/tourist attraction is... if people arnt there it dies off..

"product
    ˈprɒdʌkt/Submit
    noun
    an article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale."

Now thats definition of a product... and as farm as im aware unlike say call of duty... i dont need to make a one off payment to be able to play AL.... I can visit AL free and of course it has purchsable iteams but all optional.. bit like going to visit somewhere and not having to buy the souvenirs :3

Ironey of this all however ?

Even if you compared the Butler model and a product life cycle charts... they all pretty much the same... just the wordings different ^>^

Make love not war :3

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Perspective.

The butler model can actually be used and the reason being is AL it self tho a product as such its still a "virtual destination" of sorts... you can "vist" and interact within the game for free... of course there are products within the game for purchase but unless you actually delete your account your virtual pressence remains and availbe for you to visit anytime... and being a social game.. we all know for a fact there are people who log in simply to use AL as a virtual platform to meet up with a friend online an talk to them as opposed to having to run through the quests.

We create our virtual avatars and we visit a space in cyberspace known as Arlor...

Of course if the social aspect was to decline in game and people stopped logging on and "visiting"... game would inevitably die.

Doesnt matter how good a game is... if people arnt there to play it dies off..

Doesnt matter how good a theme park/tourist attraction is... if people arnt there it dies off..

"product
    ˈprɒdʌkt/Submit
    noun
    an article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale."

Now thats definition of a product... and as farm as im aware unlike say call of duty... i dont need to make a one off payment to be able to play AL.... I can visit AL free and of course it has purchsable iteams but all optional.. bit like going to visit somewhere and not having to buy the souvenirs :3

Ironey of this all however ?

Even if you compared the Butler model and a product life cycle charts... they all pretty much the same... just the wordings different ^>^

Make love not war :3

1 <3
    I tried explaining that but he doesn’t get it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Perspective.

Disney is a corporation. STS is a company. AL is a product. (no might be and or sorts ).

You are however comparing Disney Land (theme park) to a MMO. That comparison is same as Azeroth's and it killed all possible logic. Trust me when I say this that there are no business perspectives that can except it .

In layman term your example of perspective is this: "Apple and Orange are same because they can be sweet".
    The only thing I can accept them about being same is that they are in same food group, i.e., fruit (Equivalent Business Category = Entertainment).
    But being in the same group does not let them have same business and marketing strategies. (this thread was about marketing, in case you forgot hehe)

Don't get me wrong when I correct you guys, I intend no hate, but I want you guys to read about it before you make a cocktail out of terminologies and models. I don't want to give a long boring business management lecture here so lets finish this discussion .

One love bud <3
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Great ideas yall anyone else interested in pinning some of their thoughts? I'm all ears