Thread: Vanity shard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Vanity shard

This is something that justg posted on as a potential thing they would look into and this is what was most interesting to me.
    Turning armor or weapons into a vanity. All lot of these lower lvl items have great design and color that people would like to see as a vanity. This has been asked for the past couple years.

Thoughts?
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lethoiun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I think it should stay the way it is, we already have too much vanities, and some vanities are not even being worn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    I think it should stay the way it is, we already have too much vanities, and some vanities are not even being worn.
    The more ways you can personalize how you look the better, imo. And some of the S1 collectibles have a lot of detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I think they should use other items to craft instead of shard. Something that will bring life into dead maps and give people an opportunity to farm.

Look how popular the cryostar vanities are. People are always farming components and essence for sale in CS.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

I would love to craft old gears into vanities and I know many others would too. I also think this “Vanity Shard” Justg alluded to should be a plat item in the store and tradable. I dont want to have to farm it from a boss or crate.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

The vanities we dont wear slowly raise price and at the same time they decrease in numbers.

NOT the ones that are there for ever. Im talking about brood sets wyrm etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ooo I like this idea +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

+1 to this. Been asking for this for a long time. Also, Vanity shards will also likely be expensive. Being able to turn any old armor, helm or weapon into a vanity would be awesome! The more variety in game the better. I see no downside to this, only individual uniqueness and awesomeness

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    This will spike prices insanely making some very rare armors worth the same as orig jester, which isn't balanced.
    Would it? New things would gain the value we decide on as consumers, and all old items would decrease in value along with their related desirability in comparison to this new situation.
    Gold isn't injected into the game, and the way we had to acquire this new vanity shard would also mediate new values..

Its better if STS does the same thing that they did with vanity weapons, make a POLL and let the community choose which they desire.
    This would seem more likely. As much as I'd like some thingie to make anything into a vanity, it might involve too much added coding & might take more bandwidth. If it was as easy as only needing to add some short hypothetical C++ command to convert the vanity I bet it would have been done a while back.
    I can remember this has been brought up a long time ago.

@ op +1!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

this game getting complicated with so many types of vanities....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Oeff technical sir.
    And ye it would, the rich don't really care about the looks of stuff more regarding rarity of things from what I see. How many sets of black heraldic are there for example? 20? Less? Do you really doubt that that these wouldn't be over 50-100m with their rarity and how good looking they are?
    To balance this I stay against vanity shard and suggest the POLL method done by STS for mythic vanity weapons.
    So if thats the worst case scenario, it doesn't damage the game. Super rich can or won't buy and it won't affect me.

If a poll was done and ppl voted for black heraldic what then, it might be same as a shard no? Just less choice

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lethoiun View Post
    This is something that justg posted on as a potential thing they would look into and this is what was most interesting to me.
    Turning armor or weapons into a vanity. All lot of these lower lvl items have great design and color that people would like to see as a vanity. This has been asked for the past couple years.

Thoughts?
    Can you point me to Gary's post where he mentioned it as a potential thing they would look into. Ty.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Can you point me to Gary's post where he mentioned it as a potential thing they would look into. Ty.
    I think it's just an idea if players agree or do not need it, so i do not think it's up to the OP to see where it's mentioned in Gary his post.

But what do i have to say, i think i agree with the other people to have a poll on forums where we can choose which items can change in a vanity to keep it to a certain limit instead of an abundance of season 1-2 items to vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

So what you're saying is that if only the very rich have the privilege to wear for example black heraldic vanity that it doesn't damage the game? Especially with the nerfs that keep coming on gold loot, this is a good thing right?
    The POLL will not be the same as vanity shard because it will allow more of the these armor vanities to be available on the market. Making the price for these vanities more reasonable.
    NEEDING an item that is a necissary part of gameplay that you can't get would damage the game.
    WANTING an unnecessary item doesn't damage the game.

Last time they did a poll, we still needed the item to create the vanity so the scarcity of the item still boosts the price (like a shard).
    If you saying a new type of poll different from last time that wouldn't need the item, that's different. Personally I don't like that idea.

I want to turn my old s1 founders gear into vanities, not have everyone given what I paid near 200 plat on for free

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I personally think Sts should stay away from this idea, a vanity shard used for primarly collectibles won’t damage the game but to some people it will become too expensive to afford, so it doesn’t make everyone happy. Then some people suggested to take a poll and put those collectibles for sale in a vanity vendor (Im assuming the one during Al B-Day event where the vanities cost 700 platinum each and not the one in Kragg that sells recipes), which will be very unfair to the people who payed millions (5m-50m) for some collectibles. This idea will leave many people unhappy either way

I think we should let Sts do the vanity making and let them simply release new vanities instead of tweaking already existing items in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

So,let’s say we make a poll to bring back some old gears.A majority of the players are going to obviously choose Crier,Heraldic,Flurry,and Founder gears because they are the most valuable and look cool.After this all of arlor will have the same exact vanities making there value go down and of course everyone will look the same.Then none of these vanities will be worn and will be forgotten(kind of like steel commando vanity back in the day).Instead,we should just be patient,I’m sure STS is making some more vanities that will grab our attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Erm you forget that they were available for plat? Because of the availability of buying with plat the supply and demand were in balance. If this vanity shard will be introduced it will be supply<balance which will make the prices spike significantly, I for one do not want prices so high.
    While we're on the subject of high prices remember why they removed the Midas touch title? Yea bc of scams. Same scams that can happen with these 100m+ trades.

I stated my take about this idea enough already rest is up to the devs.
    Ty, I did forget they were available for plat because when I saw the price i thought it was too much if I remember right, so I thought "it was for the rich" at that time. Ironic huh

I don't really care how it might or might not happen, because as I've said in counterpoint to your opinion, that I don't think vanities make a difference. Scams happen regardless, and rarity will always happen with player attrition.
    Cest la vie

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Imo making vanity shards available for gold would be a great idea. thats a good gold sink without any effect on char stats.
    maybe depending on rarity a shard would be between 4-10m. maybe add a slight chance to loot from the hardest maps in game too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

People are more worried about the prices of the vanities and collectibles rather than the actual shard. Maybe if the shard was implemented and as Lolifee suggested, farming and selling the shards for 4m-10m; maybe people can save the gold for their desired vanity.. and a gold cap raise to 150m might solve alot if not all of the scamming problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

+1
    You could have vanity shards for different rarities. So the higher the rarity the more expensive the shard in the store for plat.

Have them tradable. And have a way of farming fragments for a shard.

A poll would be good. For the record I'm a broke player, I'm still FOR this idea. Gear that is not utilized as much will increase in price. Thus commoners like me will still be able to make money via selling stuff we loot. Sts will make money because the demand for these will be incredible.