Thread: Some more questions

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Some more questions

Hey everyone, I am about to cap my first character and have a few questions/comments about that and some other stuff:

1. I only have about 4.2m gold. Is this enough to buy me a relatively good set of gear that will make people not leave me alone in maus/other maps?

2. Expanding on 1, what gear should I buy (I am a rogue)? Are there any items that I should prioritize over others?

3. I only need one more parchment to unlock the recipe for Nekro. Are the crafting supplies for Nekro farmable? And if they are, where can I farm them?

4. Are there any pets under 500k that I should definitely buy as a rogue?

5. Is the arcane ring still viable at level 66?

6. Do people farm anything besides gold at 66? And if they do, what/where do they farm?

7. What maps are good for leveling up? I currently just do my dailies for xp.

Thanks for any responses as always.
    -Masterofarrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

1, 4.2mil can make you have great stats. The set you want to make people not leave you is the nox set. Ring and pendant, I suggest buying it for 1.2-1.3m for ring and 1.15m for pendant. or less if possible. (200% speed)

2, Items level 61+. Potency or brutality, brut adds damage while pot adds mana

3 I suggest not doing this. It takes up so much time and gold.

4, If you want stats then use Nightshade

5 You can use it at lv 66 but, I wouldent tbh. Unless you want hp and armor increased a bit and yes it works at lv 66.

6, Teeth/ orc tags/ glintstone coins/ hauntlet coins etc. Teeth: tindrin/ Glint coin underhul/ cryo coins garetta/ hauntlet coins hauntlet in kraag.

7 Best thing to do is have a 60% exp elix (only 25-35k ea) then do all daily quests but dont turn them in, after that equip any exp awoken items u got then open elix and turn in quests. This gets you like 30-40k exp per day, Thats how i leveled 3 chars to lv 65-66

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Please do NOT wear nox set! Its level 10 and the stats r too low! Heroic pets have great passive damage, slot them with less expensive pets that have a nice AA. The legendary gears are acceptable. Study the auction the be familiar with prices. Join a decent guild, they should be willing to answer questions and run maps for apps.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Please do NOT wear nox set! Its level 10 and the stats r too low! Heroic pets have great passive damage, slot them with less expensive pets that have a nice AA. The legendary gears are acceptable. Study the auction the be familiar with prices. Join a decent guild, they should be willing to answer questions and run maps for apps.
    He only has 4.2m lol he cant afford any other speed set except tox but then he couldent afford gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I'd have to ask what maps would you be more interested in farming in? Best place to farm gold is mausoleum as you know. If you decide to go there I'd suggest using Dragon Hunter Blades and Voice of order set, this is the cheapest but still worth it option for mau.
    As for lvling goes, as mentioned above, just do XP quest and pop an elixir before turning the quest in(XP awake and pet XP HB help as well). Best XP map after you stop receiving XP in normal citadel(underhul map), is prob elite citadel.
    Other thn mausoleum I believe farming Elite Soutern Gates is a decent gold mine too, but for both of these 2 maps, Elite Soutern Gates and Mausoleum you will need gold loot items.

Pet wise I'd suggest Breeze as base pet, heroic Fenris as HB and perhaps Nilbog or Toxy as AA. Cheapest yet a very useful combo.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    He only has 4.2m lol he cant afford any other speed set except tox but then he couldent afford gear.
    Why on earth does he need a speed set? Many good people dont use speed set and it is considered a "luxury" item in most cases. I can guarentee you that anyone would rather take a rogue with drag blades and no speed set in maus (or any hard map for that matter) then a rogue with medium damage, no good proc, and a speed set. Imo focus needs to first go to getting good gear, then use the gear to farm, then buy a speed set if wanted.

Any way thats my answer for questions 1 and 2. If you are a rogue on a budget and plan on running harder maps, drag blades are probably the way to go as this is what most rogues due (aside for some with op damage). If you don't plan on running hard maps (pretty much elite underhul, maus 5 and 6), drag blades arent that good and you should just try get higher damage gear.

3. Farming nekro crafting items is "impossible". I says this because yes fossil and vials (crafting ingredients) drop from arena chests, but people will literally open thousands and not get anything. Pretty much a waste of time.

4. I find pets "don't matter" too much. Yes good pets are helpful but you would constantly have to feed them and that costs alot for someone on a budget. I usually switch between several "cheap" pets and they usually do fine. Imo gear is more important then pets if you have a limited budget.

5. Sure its ok, but for the price I would say not worth it.

6. Pretty much only gold. Main maps people run are maus and elite southern gate (both maps farm gold).

7. Not really any "good" maps for leveling as it is hard to find people to run with. Make sure to do all the dailies that have big xp payout (they recently added higher xp to the tindrin, garetta, and underhul quests I think).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Just giving my opinion on which rogue I prefer to run as a maus farmer.....are rogues that make my party live xD
    Drag blades and the (personal) skill to focus immediately on mob mages/sorcs are keys. Speed set was never a plus for me in maus (where do you have to run?!? Hopefully not away from th pull xD) if not for a “checking” war in maus up to 5.

I can’t deep in many details about rogues build/equip cause I’m not expertbut following my comments on some of the topics:

I also think that crafting a Nekro farming ingredients will take ages due to loot rate of planar arena chests.....better focus on maus with gold loot and eventually buy one. Also atm I don’t think you really need it, as you can obtain good stats with heroics and specific AA for specific tasks from other cheap eggs. Up to you

As suggested for pet the breeze/heroic whatever/nilbog is a good combination for quality/golds-needed as a curse-remover-good-for-pulls pet. Also great with couple miniboss like spider and the big mage that summons cursing mages.
    Toxy even without any other egg slotted is very good for many boss as stun AA (especially usefull for Lich without shield). Doesn’t work so well with Vori and the white-spider-boss (damm my memory xD) but IMO a “cheap” must-have pet.

I also kindly suggest to do as many xp-dailies you can without returning them, open a 60% elixir xp and return them. You will have 60% xp more!!!!

At endgame I confirm mausoleum is the most crowded place. Southern Gates is another good place to farm gold (if you have gold loot) thanks to the gold drop of the boss.

Have fun
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    Speed set is not required in maus , its more annoying than helpful.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to clarify what i meant by “making people not leave me alone in maus/other maps”. I meant that I did not want to have such crappy gear that people refused to run with me, or that I would die repeatedly. I honestly don’t care for speed sets right now haha. Thanks for all the responses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I don’t use a speed set tbh. People enter regardless and I’m actually not THAT strong either. If I die ehhh I get called a nab :P. Sometimes people less powerful than me call me that I’m like wth dude xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

L60s pink gears are fine. Drag blades at least if want to run maus. Also useful in Underhul but not as necessary.

Speed Set is nice but not necessary.

Heroic pets are cheap, especially when a good one (such as Fenris) is available as a Tier reward. I like slotting good heroic stats in HB of various pets. Fenris AA is pretty useful everywhere, as is one pet w/ some kind of AoE. I favor Toxy right now. Breeze, Slink, Nilbog are also good.

You will probably need to do Elite Underhul, Caverns, and Tindirin, and Maus 1-4 competently, before regularly doing Maus5/6. But then again, since Lightbearer ranking is required before Maus5/6, you will have plenty of practice before getting there.

Star light, star bright...