Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Future expansion and current endgame weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Regarding Future expansion and current endgame weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Indeed. A new level cap will be in the works soon. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great to hear we appreciate everything sts is doing to make us happy this year! Unfortunately it seems we have more complainers than ever on forums and in game though.. there will be people very unhappy no matter what or how much is given to them. Just from talk so far it sounds like people are worried about their investments towards pure stats/hemi... Will they be rendered obsolete by whatever's next, or maybe part of the next crafting table? Obviously this could be far in the future, but I think it would be important to take this into consideration. In my opinion, it would be wise, mainly due to how expensive they are (2750 plat), to make sure the pure and even hemi keep a good chunk of significance going into the next expansion. Based on their stats alone, they probably wouldn't drop down to worthless.. but the bigger and better of what's coming could hurt that value quite a bit. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and hate to see the people who payed plat get goofed on!
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alphasemana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasemana View Post
    Great to hear we appreciate everything sts is doing to make us happy this year! Unfortunately it seems we have more complainers than ever on forums and in game though.. there will be people very unhappy no matter what or how much is given to them. Just from talk so far it sounds like people are worried about their investments towards pure stats/hemi... Will they be rendered obsolete by whatever's next, or maybe part of the next crafting table? Obviously this could be far in the future, but I think it would be important to take this into consideration. In my opinion, it would be wise, mainly due to how expensive they are (2750 plat), to make sure the pure and even hemi keep a good chunk of significance going into the next expansion. Based on their stats alone, they probably wouldn't drop down to worthless.. but the bigger and better of what's coming could hurt that value quite a bit. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and hate to see the people who payed plat get goofed on!
    What do you mean. If You payed for a pure stat weapon you got to use it in PvP or PvE whatever you paid for you got to use it. The investment was to be op and you got that and it was your choice no matter if it was for a day or for months which lucky for you the better option. I spent 2000 platinum on enchantments and that was my choice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    What do you mean. If You payed for a pure stat weapon you got to use it in PvP or PvE whatever you paid for you got to use it. The investment was to be op and you got that and it was your choice no matter if it was for a day or for months which lucky for you the better option. I spent 2000 platinum on enchantments and that was my choice.

Of course it was a choice. And you are going to have to be more specific when asking what I mean.
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Of course it was a choice. And you are going to have to be more specific when asking what I mean.
    Basically what I'm saying is you paid for it and that's all that matters sts doesn't have to keep it the best weapon just because it costs alot nor should they (I think the number of endgame pvpers show why and the countless threads about it) it was meant to be ungodly op and it still will be very good I can't imagine the damage loss being a problem at all in the next cap like 56-61 71-76 etc the old weapons were still greatly useable.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Players should not be entitled to devs deploying certain mechanisms to retain the value of a certain item. We purchase these items, we use them for the time being, and then new equipment is introduced. I don’t know why people expect the value of their items to remain stagnant. All players benefit from this economically, too. When new items are introduced, players don’t have nearly as much to spend due to a decrease in the present value of items, so prices of all items drop to accommodate for this loss. This gives new players a competing chance to obtain new items. Otherwise, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.

Besides, I'm pretty sure at this rate STS will implement new overpriced weapons.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 03-08-2018 at 05:21 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Good points. Players who purchase these items are accepting the risks and not buying them to stay on top forever. Im not saying that they should be or are entitled to anything but what they have purchased. i also understand that nobody is forcing you to spend real money. What id like to see though, and again this is my opinion, is these op weaps being involved somehow in the next expansion, such as assisting in crafting. I feel if they are ditched completely, id have learned my lesson and wouldn't be very eager to drop more money on whats next.
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alphasemana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Basically what the people want is the old PL the game where we didnt have to pay to be the best in PvP back then it actually required skill to win not just mashing random buttons. I understand this is the only way for the company to make big profit but its maybe not the right direction.

ELITE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

People usually continue to twink at previous cap levels... that being said, they are most likely going to stay the best l100 weapon. And i believe many will stay at 100, when stat guns came around everyone could beat anyone. While many of us miss the days if skill knowledge, range, and strategy playing a role, I'm afraid many of the newer players are dependent on the luck and ridiculous auto damage and will therefore probably stick to that level... unless we have another of the same next cap of course.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Everyone complained about the stat weapons. Ive already stopped playing more and more because of how bad pvp is now. If the stat weapons are apart of the next update that will close the deal for me. Ill uninstall.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Random mage View Post
    Everyone complained about the stat weapons. Ive already stopped playing more and more because of how bad pvp is now. If the stat weapons are apart of the next update that will close the deal for me. Ill uninstall.
    Agreed, and i have stat weapons. But at this point player vs player is actually your roll vs my roll without skill being involved whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

With respect to PVE content, the Stat-based weapons will stay largely the same: insane damage output at crazy ranges with ridiculous bonuses when used as part of the current Level 100 'sets.'
    Future item sets (again for PVE) are being designed to make item farming "interesting again," and to create more varied and desirable combinations for each class.

For PVP, the Stat-based weapons will be adjusted significantly. As I'm sure everyone on this thread is aware: there is an immense difference between Stat-based weapons' auto-damage and the auto-damage of all other weapons. Currently, each PURE weapon maintains a ~10X auto-attack advantage over all other weapons in the game (HEMI's ~6.5X damage per attack). Incoming balance changes to PVP will reduce this multiplier to something much more competitive. Stat-based weapons will continue to be the clear, best choice for auto-damage, but the landscape of competitive play will become much more level.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

With respect to PVE content, the Stat-based weapons will stay largely the same: insane damage output at crazy ranges with ridiculous bonuses when used as part of the current Level 100 'sets.'
    Future item sets (again for PVE) are being designed to make item farming "interesting again," and to create more varied and desirable combinations for each class.

For PVP, the Stat-based weapons will be adjusted significantly. As I'm sure everyone on this thread is aware: there is an immense difference between Stat-based weapons' auto-damage and the auto-damage of all other weapons. Currently, each PURE weapon maintains a ~10X auto-attack advantage over all other weapons in the game (HEMI's ~6.5X damage per attack). Incoming balance changes to PVP will reduce this multiplier to something much more competitive. Stat-based weapons will continue to be the clear, best choice for auto-damage, but the landscape of competitive play will become much more level.
    Phew, happy to see PvP will have some work done to it. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Weapon procs coming back? :o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Thank god cinco you are here to correct the game and i like what buch said about procs its entertaining to see and own a wep that has a proc

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Im confused as to what your trying to say. Stat weapons are staying in the game. That part i got. If stat weapons are available next cap im okay with it. As long as they are farmable. And farmable at a fair rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Sounds dope can't wait

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

great really excited!
    Interested in joining xX Fallen Angels Xx? Click here!
    (Site under new page)

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Random mage View Post
    Im confused as to what your trying to say. Stat weapons are staying in the game. That part i got. If stat weapons are available next cap im okay with it. As long as they are farmable. And farmable at a fair rate.
    I did not mention anything about farming stat weapons; I was just indicating that the damage per shot in PVP is going to be adjusted :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I did not mention anything about farming stat weapons; I was just indicating that the damage per shot in PVP is going to be adjusted :-)
    While that’s worked on, can you also considering fixing heal spells? On my mage (endgame equipment) if I use heal, it replenishes a very small amount of health points. If I’m low on health, all I have to do is switch to a lower level set (the L75 Fiery set, for example), press heal once and then I’m fully healed (forcing users to switch back and forth between sets). I know it was not intended to play the game like this. This can be fixed by just significantly raising heal for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So what happens when new gear come out! New weapons wont come out either? Or what about when a new cap comes. Is stat weapons still going to be the best.