Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: iOS devices that were late to the St. Paddy's party...

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default iOS devices that were late to the St. Paddy's party...

As many of you know, yesterday's client and event release did not go smoothly for some.

After the App was approved by Apple, we released it in the morning as we have done numerous time in the past, with the expectation that it would have propagated through the App Store by the time the event started.

There has never been a delay, so we had no reason to expect there would be one yesterday, but unfortunately Apple was having some technical difficulties, and some developer's apps took up to 40 hours to propagate.

For some insight into other apps seeing this, check out this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/97992

Ours made it through by 9 am CT this morning, but many iOS users were upset that they could not participate in the event.

We discussed many things this morning, including giving these users leaderboard points, starting up separate leaderboards, and rolling back the event.

None of these solutions would be palatable to the general population, but we still felt we should compensate the iOS users who could not play in some fashion. To this end, we ran a script to determine all players who:

1. have logged in on the old server between our time 1:30 pm 3/8 and 9:00 am 3/9
    2. have not logged in on the new server between our time 1:30 pm 3/8 and 9:00 am 3/9
    3. used an ios device to log in between our time 1:30 pm 3/8 and 9:00 am 3/9

This identifies iOS users who have been active, but did not or could not log in via web or android devices. If you did log in via web or Android, we assume you could participate via an alternate platform.

To these users we have granted 25 Energy Essences (non-tradable, non-stashable) into their Stash (we can stash it, you can't). Excess units will still be removed at the end of the event.

We hope this is a fair compensation for being unable to play while preserving the integrity of the event for the greater population.

In the end, although this was not our fault, we are going to take steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Whenever new clients and events coincide in the future, we'll release the client first and make sure they have propagated before turning on the event.

We appreciate your patience and constructive feedback during this time.

We'll always strive to be fair and do better.

Questions and comments below, thanks!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

What if we logged in to another platform but wasnt able to play the event coz we arent used to playing to another platform. Like my case i logged in my laptop but i couldnt run for lb coz i just find it so hard to control it coz im used to playing using my iphone. I just stayed mostly in town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Thanks G, time to move on, thanks for continuing to evolve the game and have a great weekend!

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerland View Post
    What if we logged in to another platform but wasnt able to play the event coz we arent used to playing to another platform. Like my case i logged in my laptop but i couldnt run for lb coz i just find it so hard to control it coz im used to playing using my iphone. I just stayed mostly in town.
    Unfortunately, you are not eligible for the energy.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Although it doesn’t make up for the 21 hours we lost, I appreciate it. Thanks sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Unfortunately, you are not eligible for the energy.
    Ugh okay. Got it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hmm well I am grateful we get at least something, 25 energy essense isnt much. I can go farm that much in roughly half hour in kt4 (as compared to the 19 hours we lost). Since the energy drop rate was buffed, energy essense is easy to farm, its the crafting time that holds us back. Could we maybe get 10 of the crafted energy instead so we dont have to deal with crafting them?

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    Could we maybe get 10 of the crafted energy instead so we dont have to deal with crafting them?
    Nope.

/devsneed11too
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I think this was the appropriate response by STS.
    Last edited by Justg; 03-09-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Put the salt away already.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hmmm I check my stash and got nothing. Should we have gotten something by now? Note: my stash was full, didnt know I would need 25 open slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This is the best solution to offer to be completely honest. Even though I don’t qualify cuz I borrowed my wife’s computer to get on I still thank you guys for taking the time to offer a little token to everyone who couldn’t log on

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hmmm I check my stash and got nothing. Should we have gotten something by now? Note: my stash was full, didnt know I would need 25 open slots.
    There may be an issue if your stash was full. We'll investigate and if something went awry we'll get it fixed up on Monday!
    | | | |

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

There may be an issue if your stash was full. We'll investigate and if something went awry we'll get it fixed up on Monday!
    Guildy confirmed that they got the 25 essence. Technically my stash wasnt full, had 121/130. Not enough to add 25 of something. Ty for looking into it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

And somebody said it was 25 crafted energy kits instead of the 25 essence stated in this post. Can somebody confirm or deny what was given?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

And somebody said it was 25 crafted energy kits instead of the 25 essence stated in this post. Can somebody confirm or deny what was given?
    I got 25 Forged energy KITS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

As many of you know, yesterday's client and event release did not go smoothly for some.

After the App was approved by Apple, we released it in the morning as we have done numerous time in the past, with the expectation that it would have propagated through the App Store by the time the event started.

There has never been a delay, so we had no reason to expect there would be one yesterday, but unfortunately Apple was having some technical difficulties, and some developer's apps took up to 40 hours to propagate.

For some insight into other apps seeing this, check out this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/97992

Ours made it through by 9 am CT this morning, but many iOS users were upset that they could not participate in the event.

We discussed many things this morning, including giving these users leaderboard points, starting up separate leaderboards, and rolling back the event.

None of these solutions would be palatable to the general population, but we still felt we should compensate the iOS users who could not play in some fashion. To this end, we ran a script to determine all players who:

1. have logged in on the old server between our time 1:30 pm 3/8 and 9:00 am 3/9
    2. have not logged in on the new server between our time 1:30 pm 3/8 and 9:00 am 3/9
    3. used an ios device to log in between our time 1:30 pm 3/8 and 9:00 am 3/9

This identifies iOS users who have been active, but did not or could not log in via web or android devices. If you did log in via web or Android, we assume you could participate via an alternate platform.

To these users we have granted 25 Energy Essences (non-tradable, non-stashable) into their Stash (we can stash it, you can't). Excess units will still be removed at the end of the event.

We hope this is a fair compensation for being unable to play while preserving the integrity of the event for the greater population.

In the end, although this was not our fault, we are going to take steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Whenever new clients and events coincide in the future, we'll release the client first and make sure they have propagated before turning on the event.

We appreciate your patience and constructive feedback during this time.

We'll always strive to be fair and do better.

Questions and comments below, thanks!

- g
    Well... I logged in a computer so I didn’t get them but I’ll move on.. Can you confirm whether top 10 vanity will be tradeable or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Update: So it is crafted energy kits. Check under the chest section of your stash, took me awhile to scroll through it all. They come in packs of 5 and are rare rarity. This post says that we would be given essence so a little bit confusion. Ty sts. I am happy with this compensation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

To be fair I was more impressed how quickly you responded to this issue and kept us informed, this explanation post was more than enough to keep me happy.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Your consideration is appreciated. Ty.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Thanks! This will be helpful