Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you happy with the current game state?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

You are right too
    I would like to see a game like that.
    Cheers
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Now here is the problem, you mixed up monetization of the product and the F2P - P2P business relation to the in-game economy, totally unrelated. Understand this: Plat players or people who do offers and then liquidate it to gold does not add any gold to the economy, they only rotate the gold.
    Gold comes to the economy from ingame content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy, which is currently broken.

This isn't a discussion about if AL should be F2P or P2P, or how monetization works. They are all required and have their own special place.
    But, if you think that its alright for an average player to take forever to gear up because its a FREE Game, well then its just sad, and I am sorry to say but you are not aware how this business works.
    There is a reason why most of the mmo are made free to play and then have added monetization, it might surprise you but free players are equally important in F2P - P2P model. I will even say that F2P players work as contractors instead of consumers (please read about it, it will too long if I explain it here).

So leaving all the factors that does not affect economy (but affect you emotionally ) the answer to my question is "1 year" or forever.

Now here is the thing, I remember this from a very old interview of Gary (in context to AL) - he said they are totally against pay to win, and they try to add best items as drops in the game. And it is totally there. You can totally OP yourself with the Mythic items and Set items which are launched with every expansion. Yes these items comes from chests, as well as dropped from the content.

So in an ideal scenario the game was designed in a way that P2P players can have arcane rarity item or, some advantage and bonus for paying, but at the same time, free players can achieve set items, mythic items by investing time.

Now in order to that to work there are 2 factors:
    1) In-game content should provide the necessity in terms of gold/gear etc. Basically making the player content/expansion ready.
    2) The player should be able to achieve the set items and mythic gear in the period of that expansion. Which means - regulation of items based on the player time invested and the expansion time remaining.

When this model fails, people start finding alternatives, and then those alternatives becomes trends. "Need" only gives an upper hand to the already wealthy to rotate the gold which in long term causes inflation. Merching is an in-game profession, this game is not built around merching, hence its optional. An optional component should not have upper hand on the economy, it should not be a driver to make in-game currency.

So, as I said before: Yes, you think its normal and fair because you are born into it, or got used to it.

(Now I quit I cannot have more boring conversations like this )
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    You are right I’m wrong
    Cya in game!
    Have fun (you need)
    Now that's how you win an argument. Mad props.
    (Agree with everything btw)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to suckyiknow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I was enjoying the discussion, as he’s clearly more knowladgable then me in economy, but he closed the exchange after giving me the lesson and saying it’s boring for him (that’s why I say he need fun )
    Still think he’s right on the “ideal” economy side, but not on AL economy (my personal-non-professional point of view of economy.....I know xD).

Psycho I tried to friend you in game to show you that you can play contents with cheap equip, but you don’t accept friends invitations.
    Friend me if u want I will be glad to run with you in game, both for opinions exchange (can skip this if you don’t like xD) or simply to enjoy togheter the game seems we both love
    Again, have fun
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

@Thread: Nobody actually won, its only a win when things change in game, discussing our hearts out about problems here is actually pointless if its not acted upon in real. Hence I stopped that conversation . Now stop teasing on the argument or I might loose my free drink

@Kayak: Psychonuke is just an alter ego and a name reserved by my alt. My main is unknown to the forum, and I would like to keep it that way
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Paw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    @Thread: Nobody actually won, its only a win when things change in game, discussing our hearts out about problems here is actually pointless if its not acted upon in real. Hence I stopped that conversation . Now stop teasing on the argument or I might loose my free drink

@Kayak: Psychonuke is just an alter ego and a name reserved by my alt. My main is unknown to the forum, and I would like to keep it that way
    K np totally understandable !
    Maybe we are already friend in game xD
    And you deserve a dinner not just a drink xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Getting up to earn a living in real life is hardwork and so is studying. Playing a game is supposed to be a leisure activity so please stop saying it's "hardwork".
    This is exactly why I stopped playing months ago. I was/am a long time player, since near the beginning of the game. However, I go to work, I spend time with my family, and when I'd sit down to "play" this game, I'd have to ask, "Do I grind for gold in the Maus? Do I grind for loot at Elite Southern Gates?" and it didn't feel like I was "playing" a game, or having fun playing a game. It felt like a second job. So I stopped. I'm kinda waiting to see if it'll be fun again, or if this is it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

When they listened to forums and stopped having a luck based economy they lost the “fun”, bc people think the chance of winning the lottery is way more fun than going to a 40 hour a week job, but wth do I know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    This is exactly why I stopped playing months ago. I was/am a long time player, since near the beginning of the game. However, I go to work, I spend time with my family, and when I'd sit down to "play" this game, I'd have to ask, "Do I grind for gold in the Maus? Do I grind for loot at Elite Southern Gates?" and it didn't feel like I was "playing" a game, or having fun playing a game. It felt like a second job. So I stopped. I'm kinda waiting to see if it'll be fun again, or if this is it.
    Here's the thing though, the very nature of an rpg is intrigue, adventure and hard work. But that's why some don't like RPGs, because it is work to be the best. AL is special though because it is like a 24/7 leaderboard. Everyone is constantly trying to keep up with the best.

To have that moment when a friend or newbie PM's you and says "wow, nice stats" or "how did you get that weapon or aura". That keeps most grinding and playing. AL is less story, and more about trying to be the best and show off to others in game. Imagine for one second how different the game would be if only one feature was turned off. The feature of being able to click on another player and see thier stats. AL would be much more boring if it weren't for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Imagine for one second how different the game would be if only one feature was turned off. The feature of being able to click on another player and see thier stats. AL would be much more boring if it weren't for that.
    Speaking of features, does anybody know what does the ticking/unticking PIXEL DOUBLE in options do?

#curious

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything is balanced, you can't expect new players to be as rich as old players. Just work hard and grind 10hrs a day, if you want to compete so much. Personally I am f2p and have played couple of months and I am already exalted with 10m gold which I earned from 1 event (no luck involved just pure grind). Its very easy to earn gold you just spend your time on grinding or pay to win.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Speaking of features, does anybody know what does the ticking/unticking PIXEL DOUBLE in options do?

#curious
    It's a performance thing for older devices. It basically renders the scene smaller and then blows it up to size, which is why the image quality goes down when you use it.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lojack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

The current state of the game is absolutely fine as it is, There are alot of players on and it's pretty active and fun!!! hehe ^_^

I just ran some elite kraken 1st map runs and looted plenty of lockeds with the help of luck re-rolls! Luck is very useful and fun to farm things with it!