Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you happy with the current game state?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxsoifongxx View Post
    It’s around 200m or more to make 100% max rogue at 66 so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree with this because a rogue don't need max gears to run maus. For 3/3 tainted 5/5 nm fully (can mix 3/3 T and 3/3 NM for an even more affordable set) jeweled with lvl spooky artifact can be bought for under 50m. As far as a pet, on budget under 1m and that includes a heroic pet for HB.
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I disagree with this because a rogue don't need max gears to run maus. For 3/3 tainted 5/5 nm fully (can mix 3/3 T and 3/3 NM for an even more affordable set) jeweled with lvl spooky artifact can be bought for under 50m. As far as a pet, on budget under 1m and that includes a heroic pet for HB.
    Who said anything about maus? lol, step into pvp with 50m gears u get rekt, well I’m not saying u need to be 100% max to enter but I was just saying how much it takes , back in 61 20-25m could get u op gears now it’s 80-85m for (OK) gears (all this is about pvp)

BELIEVE IT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I don't blame people for not having perspective, if you see most of the post here denotes "I", its human psyche - simply dictates: why should others get it easy when I got it hard. And I totally don't blame you guys, as I said before: people got used to bad economy that now they think its normal.

Appreciating the game for new content, comparing it with other games, defining grinding and hard work or giving ideas on how to make gold is not the objective of this thread. This isn't about how you became rich or how to become one.

Understand this: Economy of the game is considered healthy when the average player is able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself. This isn't about being able to buy expensive vanities. This isn't about luxury. It is about filling the necessity.

So just because you are doing alright, it does not mean everyone is. "I" am wealthy does not equal economy is healthy.
    I can totally say everything is cool too and sit with my arms crossed. Because I am in that bracket now where bad economy does not affect me. I am not an average player, I mean I might not be rich, but I have everything I want (now I got Lucky Golem too ) + I run LB. But then we are just that 5% of the total population of the game. What about the 95%?

The problem is the majority of the players who get affected by this are not even on the forum, hence all I can do is give ideas, ask devs to check the stats and cross my fingers for best.
    Ah. Thankyou for this nice post. It just about sums it all up. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I don't blame people for not having perspective, if you see most of the post here denotes "I", its human psyche - simply dictates: why should others get it easy when I got it hard. And I totally don't blame you guys, as I said before: people got used to bad economy that now they think its normal.

Appreciating the game for new content, comparing it with other games, defining grinding and hard work or giving ideas on how to make gold is not the objective of this thread. This isn't about how you became rich or how to become one.

Understand this: Economy of the game is considered healthy when the average player is able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself. This isn't about being able to buy expensive vanities. This isn't about luxury. It is about filling the necessity.

So just because you are doing alright, it does not mean everyone is. "I" am wealthy does not equal economy is healthy.
    I can totally say everything is cool too and sit with my arms crossed. Because I am in that bracket now where bad economy does not affect me. I am not an average player, I mean I might not be rich, but I have everything I want (now I got Lucky Golem too ) + I run LB. But then we are just that 5% of the total population of the game. What about the 95%?

The problem is the majority of the players who get affected by this are not even on the forum, hence all I can do is give ideas, ask devs to check the stats and cross my fingers for best.
    Mmmmmh
    Just couple things:
    “Economy of the game is considered healthy when...” considered by....? Who?
    “able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself.”
    And average player with full dusk/light equip with cheap jawels and a couple of 50-80k pet is ready for mausoleum or elites. So imo basically everyone can run those maps with small effort. Big difference from old times where from Nordr and up to Tindirin you need to be OP just to be able to park and you spent around an hour or more for just 1 map, getting mad for not looting a damm parchment.

So again: economy to me is fine.

But we all looks to luxuries, that’s human nature.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    Mmmmmh
    Just couple things:
    “able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself.”
    And average player with full dusk/light equip with cheap jawels and a couple of 50-80k pet is ready for mausoleum or elites. So imo basically everyone can run those maps with small effort. Big difference from old times where from Nordr and up to Tindirin you need to be OP just to be able to park and you spent around an hour or more for just 1 map, getting mad for not looting a damm parchment.

But we all looks to luxuries, that’s human nature.
    All people in real life don’t drive land rovers, I, for one, drive a jeep. Yet, I am able to do everything with a jeep that a land rover is capable of.

I don’t have the most OP gear, at least I don’t think so. I want a terror blade, for sure, but I’m fine with a tainted ax because I am able to accomplish what I need to; pull mobs, draw aggro, and do my best to keep party alive.

I hope that I’m fun to run with and people enjoy my company, to me that’s being OP.

See ya all in game!

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Mmmmmh
    Just couple things:
    The answer to your question on "Considered by" is a very long read. If you get time read about economics: rules, factors and statistics associated with economy and how it is decided and compared good or bad. Cutting it short in layman terms: in this scenario the devs decides it, so they are the drivers, they decide the value of the currency which is the key factor of deciding its state.

And average player with full dusk/light equip with cheap jawels and a couple of 50-80k pet is ready for mausoleum or elites..
    Now if you are telling me that everyone can beat the endgame with level 61 dusk gear with some cheap jewels and a pet which is achievable under 100k, then why don't I see this happening? You "think" it can be done, but do you see it happening? Generalizing the scenario without facts is bad.

I know for a fact that even devs agreed that dusk gear wasn't enough, hence they launched endless/tainted set. Perhaps you missed all the threads discussing gear progressions and how it was affecting the game. But, anyway you are entitled to your opinion, same as I am.

Good for you, but unfortunately economy is not defined by/for 1 person. So, perhaps the correct sentence should be: "I am wealthy and hence the bad market does not affect me". Which was entirely the point of my post. So either you missed the point or you did selective reading.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I have been trying to say the same thing since SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!! (Except the rich part as im not rich sadly xD)
    Yea but who cares? No one. Why? Read my post below
    Quote Originally Posted by zauilet View Post
    Edit : and lol it is rather hard to believe that approximately, NO ONE is concerned bout new players lol everyone is just happy coz yea they spent their money to get top gl awakenings nd r top dogs rn
    If sts wants the game to grow this has to b changed unless sts is happy with current population of arlor
    I can already sense the hate coming on this post of mine so ill peacefully leave the thread thnx for reading XD
    #RISE!!
    Thanks to psycho u spoke it better than i did 😉😉
    Edit : i am also very thankful to u as someone(u) who is active in game rn nd ofc rich at same time came forward and said this truth which other most people on forums r afraid to admit mayb because, just like u said, they got adapted to the bad economy(no hate)
    Thanx again
    Last edited by zauilet; 03-16-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxsoifongxx View Post
    Who said anything about maus? lol, step into pvp with 50m gears u get rekt, well I’m not saying u need to be 100% max to enter but I was just saying how much it takes , back in 61 20-25m could get u op gears now it’s 80-85m for (OK) gears (all this is about pvp)

You didn't say anything about pvp either, so I assumed you meant pve too. I did think 200m was a bit steep, glad I don't pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

The answer to your question on "Considered by" is a very long read. If you get time read about economics: rules, factors and statistics associated with economy and how it is decided and compared good or bad. Cutting it short in layman terms: in this scenario the devs decides it, so they are the drivers, they decide the value of the currency which is the key factor of deciding its state.

Now if you are telling me that everyone can beat the endgame with level 61 dusk gear with some cheap jewels and a pet which is achievable under 100k, then why don't I see this happening? You "think" it can be done, but do you see it happening? Generalizing the scenario without facts is bad.

I know for a fact that even devs agreed that dusk gear wasn't enough, hence they launched endless/tainted set. Perhaps you missed all the threads discussing gear progressions and how it was affecting the game. But, anyway you are entitled to your opinion, same as I am.

Good for you, but unfortunately economy is not defined by/for 1 person. So, perhaps the correct sentence should be: "I am wealthy and hence the bad market does not affect me". Which was entirely the point of my post. So either you missed the point or you did selective reading.
    I love debates

I let go the “considered by” stuff as we can speak forever about with no end and reading again, I wasn’t very polite, but wasn’t my intention. Sorry for that.
    BUT!!!! On the other stuff:
    When I say economy is fine for me I mean that IMO game economy is fine, not that I’m rich and I don’t care. I really believe that at whatever level you have cheap opportunities to run maps for the intended level. Better equip/pets/jewels is effort or money. My opinion.

When I say that a lev 61/66 can run endgame maps....I know it can be done. Because I have alters (61,63) with basic gear/pets and NO jewels (it’s not the same stuff as running in OP party but that’s another story!)

And is not that I miss the point of your post. I just have a different opinion as you stated
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I remember being way undergeared and then I joined a guild, extreme legion. The better geared players helped me through tougher maps and ran with me. Then all of a sudden I started getting experience and making some gold.

This was the time when we were all running elites for egg drops and elite gold chests. Dropping a malison egg was a great day for sure!

For a new player, a guild is essential to making the progression easier. Unfortunately many guilds have level caps, KDR requirements, or other requirements.

There is plenty of things to farm for that’s easy, you just have to put the time in. The time goes by faster with good friends to run with, that’s what I cherish most about this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I love debates

I let go the “considered by” stuff as we can speak forever about with no end and reading again, I wasn’t very polite, but wasn’t my intention. Sorry for that.
    BUT!!!! On the other stuff:
    When I say economy is fine for me I mean that IMO game economy is fine, not that I’m rich and I don’t care. I really believe that at whatever level you have cheap opportunities to run maps for the intended level. Better equip/pets/jewels is effort or money. My opinion.

When I say that a lev 61/66 can run endgame maps....I know it can be done. Because I have alters (61,63) with basic gear/pets and NO jewels (it’s not the same stuff as running in OP party but that’s another story!)

And is not that I miss the point of your post. I just have a different opinion as you stated
    I don't like debates TBH, I try once to get though the person and stop if I see its not going anywhere
    I do not disagree with your statement, but then tell me how much time and effort are we talking about to elevate from cheap to good and from good to best, keeping in mind that I am a new player and I am only going to do the content (no offers/buying plats/merching/other stuff people mention in the so called gold making guides), just running maps, killing mobs and bosses.

So, What are my chances of getting good gears from bosses? And how long will it take me to reach and gear-up for end game?
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Ah. Thankyou for this nice post. It just about sums it all up. ��
    Don't worry, I will always be there to make it simple for you

Quote Originally Posted by zauilet View Post
    I have been trying to say the same thing since SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!! (Except the rich part as im not rich sadly xD)
    Yea but who cares? No one. Why? Read my post below

Thanks to psycho u spoke it better than i did ����
    Edit : i am also very thankful to u as someone(u) who is active in game rn nd ofc rich at same time came forward and said this truth which other most people on forums r afraid to admit mayb because, just like u said, they got adapted to the bad economy(no hate)
    Thanx again
    You are welcome bud (oh! and I am not rich, I am just a nab running around collecting APs )
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I don't like debates TBH, I try once to get though the person and stop if I see its not going anywhere
    I do not disagree with your statement, but then tell me how much time and effort are we talking about to elevate from cheap to good and from good to best, keeping in mind that I am a new player and I am only going to do the content (no offers/buying plats/merching/other stuff people mention in the so called gold making guides), just running maps, killing mobs and bosses.

So, What are my chances of getting good gears from bosses? And how long will it take me to reach and gear-up for end game?
    I think now we got to the point! The quick answer to your question “how much time.....just playing content” is : forever. You will never (exagerate xD) get OP just running maps.
    Where my point of view differ from yours is that for me is fair!
    AL is FOR FREE. No money involved with purchase of game, you play for free. If I want to grow fast I have to spend money or do the free offers (Studio needs income, nothing wrong with it). If I want to play for free, I have opportunities to do so! But in exchange I have to invest my time (grind lockeds/gold/events) or skills (merch, tyat also involve time xD). Totally fair to me!
    And it’s not tyat you can’t run maps with legendary gears and pets you can farm (here I refer to event pets). You can. Obviusly is really hard compared to best gears! But you can.

Where I get confused is understanding why economy is broken. Because was always “broken” from that point of view. Best things always come from lockeds (connected to plats) and a f2p player had always to rely on plat users to spend their money to be able to buy stuff with gold.
    And this game wouldn’t survive without anyone buying plats! Studio is not a charity organization xD (even if with all complains they receive compared to “good job” they could reach saint status if they apply xD) they need money to keep the game working. That’s why you will never-ever have AL dropping the best things for free. No incomes.

The good news is that even without plats in around 1 year of grind (rough personal estimation) you can enjoy fully the game, and especially the challenge to do so! for free! XD

(Imo )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

They lost me at smashing barrels and venturing away from luck based drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I think now we got to the point! The quick answer to your question “how much time.....just playing content” is : forever. You will never (exagerate xD) get OP just running maps.

Where my point of view differ from yours is that for me is fair!
    AL is FOR FREE. No money involved with purchase of game, you play for free. If I want to grow fast I have to spend money or do the free offers (Studio needs income, nothing wrong with it). If I want to play for free, I have opportunities to do so! But in exchange I have to invest my time (grind lockeds/gold/events) or skills (merch, tyat also involve time xD). Totally fair to me!
    And it’s not that you can’t run maps with legendary gears and pets you can farm (here I refer to event pets). You can. Obviusly is really hard compared to best gears! But you can.

Where I get confused is understanding why economy is broken. Because was always “broken” from that point of view. Best things always come from lockeds (connected to plats) and a f2p player had always to rely on plat users to spend their money to be able to buy stuff with gold.
    And this game wouldn’t survive without anyone buying plats! Studio is not a charity organization xD (even if with all complains they receive compared to “good job” they could reach saint status if they apply xD) they need money to keep the game working. That’s why you will never-ever have AL dropping the best things for free. No incomes.

The good news is that even without plats in around 1 year of grind (rough personal estimation) you can enjoy fully the game, and especially the challenge to do so! for free! XD

(Imo )

Now here is the problem, you mixed up monetization of the product and the F2P - P2P business relation to the in-game economy, totally unrelated. Understand this: Plat players or people who do offers and then liquidate it to gold does not add any gold to the economy, they only rotate the gold.
    Gold comes to the economy from ingame content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy, which is currently broken.

This isn't a discussion about if AL should be F2P or P2P, or how monetization works. They are all required and have their own special place.
    But, if you think that its alright for an average player to take forever to gear up because its a FREE Game, well then its just sad, and I am sorry to say but you are not aware how this business works.
    There is a reason why most of the mmo are made free to play and then have added monetization, it might surprise you but free players are equally important in F2P - P2P model. I will even say that F2P players work as contractors instead of consumers (please read about it, it will too long if I explain it here).

So leaving all the factors that does not affect economy (but affect you emotionally ) the answer to my question is "1 year" or forever.

Now here is the thing, I remember this from a very old interview of Gary (in context to AL) - he said they are totally against pay to win, and they try to add best items as drops in the game. And it is totally there. You can totally OP yourself with the Mythic items and Set items which are launched with every expansion. Yes these items comes from chests, as well as dropped from the content.

So in an ideal scenario the game was designed in a way that P2P players can have arcane rarity item or, some advantage and bonus for paying, but at the same time, free players can achieve set items, mythic items by investing time.

Now in order to that to work there are 2 factors:
    1) In-game content should provide the necessity in terms of gold/gear etc. Basically making the player content/expansion ready.
    2) The player should be able to achieve the set items and mythic gear in the period of that expansion. Which means - regulation of items based on the player time invested and the expansion time remaining.

When this model fails, people start finding alternatives, and then those alternatives becomes trends. "Need" only gives an upper hand to the already wealthy to rotate the gold which in long term causes inflation. Merching is an in-game profession, this game is not built around merching, hence its optional. An optional component should not have upper hand on the economy, it should not be a driver to make in-game currency.

So, as I said before: Yes, you think its normal and fair because you are born into it, or got used to it.

(Now I quit I cannot have more boring conversations like this )
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Now here is the problem, you mixed up monetization of the product and the F2P - P2P business relation to the in-game economy, totally unrelated. Understand this: Plat players or people who do offers and then liquidate it to gold does not add any gold to the economy, they only rotate the gold.
    Gold comes to the economy from ingame content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy, which is currently broken.

This isn't a discussion about if AL should be F2P or P2P, or how monetization works. They are all required and have their own special place.
    But, if you think that its alright for an average player to take forever to gear up because its a FREE Game, well then its just sad, and I am sorry to say but you are not aware how this business works.
    There is a reason why most of the mmo are made free to play and then have added monetization, it might surprise you but free players are equally important in F2P - P2P model. I will even say that F2P players work as contractors instead of consumers (please read about it, it will too long if I explain it here).

So leaving all the factors that does not affect economy (but affect you emotionally ) the answer to my question is "1 year" or forever.

Now here is the thing, I remember this from a very old interview of Gary (in context to AL) - he said they are totally against pay to win, and they try to add best items as drops in the game. And it is totally there. You can totally OP yourself with the Mythic items and Set items which are launched with every expansion. Yes these items comes from chests, as well as dropped from the content.

So in an ideal scenario the game was designed in a way that P2P players can have arcane rarity item or, some advantage and bonus for paying, but at the same time, free players can achieve set items, mythic items by investing time.

1) In-game content should provide the necessity in terms of gold/gear etc. Basically making the player content/expansion ready.
    2) The player should be able to achieve the set items and mythic gear in the period of that expansion. Which means - regulation of items based on the player time invested and the expansion time remaining.

When this model fails, people start finding alternatives, and then those alternatives becomes trends. "Need" only gives an upper hand to the already wealthy to rotate the gold which in long term causes inflation. Merching is an in-game profession, this game is not built around merching, hence its optional. An optional component should not have upper hand on the economy, it should not be a driver to make in-game currency.

So, as I said before: Yes, you think its normal and fair because you are born into it, or got used to it.

You are right I’m wrong
    Cya in game!
    Have fun (you need)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

You are right I’m wrong
    Cya in game!
    Have fun (you need)
    Wow, not that easy, you better buy me a drink 1st for making me write all that intellectual crap (which nobody care about)
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I have a headache now. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Wow, not that easy, you better buy me a drink 1st for making me write all that intellectual crap (which nobody care about)
    Anytime

11chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I must say i havent met a wise person like u till now seriously (not mocking)
    I agree with all on all u typed specially on the fact that content should b released in such a way that a f2p is able to gear himself up (with the stuff released with expansion) before expansion comes to an end nd sadly what is happening in game rn is completely opposite to this :/
    So less people (in comparison to the people who play al) r on forums cmon atleast think about majority of people who r not here
    Try to do something like a survey and see for urself if people r happy with current game state
    Although im not sure but im confident that majority will not b happy nd by saying this i do not mean that sts is not trying to bring balance to game we know they r trying their best since start of 2018 . the reason for unhappiness has already been explained by psycho in the best way possible
    You are right I’m wrong
    Cya in game!
    Have fun (you need)
    He is dam for sure right
    Some people might now think that im doing *** licking of psycho well im not never did it till now and never will (of anyone)
    Its just that this guy deserves it (imo) he as got true knowledge about economy of the game
    I would recommend forumers and developers to read his posts on this thread (it hardly takes few minutes)
    Cheers