Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you happy with the current game state?

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

@ OP if you think reducing gold from maus will impact any of these zillionaires who manipulate the market then you are wrong.
    @ Thread: No events are not gold sink, if you are implying to top 10 lb runners then yes they spend plats and gold on energy. But then they make gold out of the goodies that they get from LB. Even if they dont its just a condition affecting 1% of the player what about the 99%. For all you know people make more gold in events.

Sts screwed up big time here, they forgot to design caps for elements that affect economy and game. Now all the decisions they make only affects the middle class - be it events, gears, vanity, etc. The rich don't mind buying anything they want for any price, and the poor cant.

I mean they are telling a new player - that the way to get enough gold to beat the end game is to get to endgame and buy gold loot items.
    The new player is like, but I don't have gold to buy gold loot items.
    They go: Start merching, do offers get plat and then liquidate. Sell everything from event, ..etc etc. Use this guide on gold making.
    New player: Is this game about making gold and selling stuff? How to be a business man?
    Do you see how stupid that sounds... And then they complaint there are so many beggars and scammers. Oh well, what were you expecting?

The problem is people got used to bad economy, and now they think this is the way it should be. And the reality is, it will stay this way, no point making threads and crying over it, as this is not the 1st thread.

Its the developers job to seek the issues and fix them before it causes inconvenience to its consumer. Its their responsibility to understand the issues based on the stats they have. I don't see them taking any initiatives towards stabilizing the economy, so perhaps it is fine. Who knows, certainly I don't.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I'm fine with the game as it is. To players, this is a game. To Sts, this is a business. If they are making money, they are doing something right even if some of thier players, errh, I mean customers are unhappy. It's ok to have a few unhappy customers. Last I checked Apple makes billions and even they have unhappy customers, but overall the business does well and the majority of customers are happy. Same thing here.

So high gear prices, gold inflation, difficult leaderboards, they are all just part of the business. And as long as the majority of players are happy and buying plat, or products that are part of a plat purchase, things are good and we got us a successful thriving game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post

I don’t see any inflation in the game with the introduction of new content introduced monthly due to event. Lowering gold will cause chaos. That is the best gold sink.
    They arent really dropping. My friend recently sold Frank set for 210M.

I thnk there is lot more lowballers than used to be

These are your words I found on another recent thread. Frank set use to be 10m, you can't tell me there isn't inflation when the price increased by 2100% lmao.
    And I also heard ice golem set is 600m. So don't come at me saying the game state is healthy xD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    @ OP if you think reducing gold from maus will impact any of these zillionaires who manipulate the market then you are wrong.
    @ Thread: No events are not gold sink, if you are implying to top 10 lb runners then yes they spend plats and gold on energy. But then they make gold out of the goodies that they get from LB. Even if they dont its just a condition affecting 1% of the player what about the 99%. For all you know people make more gold in events.

Sts screwed up big time here, they forgot to design caps for elements that affect economy and game. Now all the decisions they make only affects the middle class - be it events, gears, vanity, etc. The rich don't mind buying anything they want for any price, and the poor cant.

I mean they are telling a new player - that the way to get enough gold to beat the end game is to get to endgame and buy gold loot items.
    The new player is like, but I don't have gold to buy gold loot items.
    They go: Start merching, do offers get plat and then liquidate. Sell everything from event, ..etc etc. Use this guide on gold making.
    New player: Is this game about making gold and selling stuff? How to be a business man?
    Do you see how stupid that sounds... And then they complaint there are so many beggars and scammers. Oh well, what were you expecting?

The problem is people got used to bad economy, and now they think this is the way it should be. And the reality is, it will stay this way, no point making threads and crying over it, as this is not the 1st thread.

Its the developers job to seek the issues and fix them before it causes inconvenience to its consumer. Its their responsibility to understand the issues based on the stats they have. I don't see them taking any initiatives towards stabilizing the economy, so perhaps it is fine. Who knows, certainly I don't.
    In the long term, it will, cause who will those zillionaires sell their items to? Another zillionaire? That way the both parties will only start to lose gold. No middle class will buy any of their items until they're affordable. If people don't have gold, the demand for the item drastically drops, and therefore the price of the item itself drops as well. I honestly think the game state was better when there were all the plat farmers at tindirin expansion. At least they kept the prices low and it was great for everyone, but of course it wasn't good at all for STS, cause they were making no money. I really can't see any other way to stop the inflation rather than throwing away the idea about gold loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

What I don't understand is why players (and I use that term loosely in some cases only)...make lots of millions but then seem afraid to spend any of it. What on Earth are they saving it for? I like buying things but unfortunately or fortunately whichever way you wish to take it, I'm also quite generous so never really get around to being mega rich but I'm happy enough when am in a nice party killing things or in my house chatting. I've tried to understand why this game is suffering from gold fever and I have come up with an answer. I blame Jarl! The first thing we heard when we first started playing is Jarl shouting "GOLD!" It's all his doing. Seriously, just enjoy the game, whether you're training to be a stockbroker or not but it's daft getting stressed out about it all. I'm so glad I don't like the really expensive vanity though 😋 and I'm undecided about the brawler but if you see me in town wearing it..watch out. I'll use me grog and fight thee. 😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

idk if i was happy or not with the current state games now, but for sure.. AL really more better rather than past of yr. Ofc, if ur wanna to be "someone" >>Rich<< ur need spend more time with a good item or gear. Its, easy for student playing and spend much time rather then workers player. Workers player exactly didnt have much time to play but, they can spent with another way..myb spent on platinum purchases. That just what i guess. Just idk what they means on play fair or loyal. Workers player, they can do what they want. Buy platinum 3-4k, for merch, and etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    In the long term, it will, cause who will those zillionaires sell their items to? Another zillionaire? That way the both parties will only start to lose gold. No middle class will buy any of their items until they're affordable. If people don't have gold, the demand for the item drastically drops, and therefore the price of the item itself drops as well. I honestly think the game state was better when there were all the plat farmers at tindirin expansion. At least they kept the prices low and it was great for everyone, but of course it wasn't good at all for STS, cause they were making no money. I really can't see any other way to stop the inflation rather than throwing away the idea about gold loot.
    Players said no to gold loot when it was introduced.. they said these issues will happen.. they said its not fair.
    Today we are discussing the same thing, and I don't think anyone is listening. As I said, devs should take initiatives based on the statistics they have. Its better to act based on facts they have instead of our speculations. I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best at this time.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Players said no to gold loot when it was introduced.. they said these issues will happen.. they said its not fair.
    Today we are discussing the same thing, and I don't think anyone is listening. As I said, devs should take initiatives based on the statistics they have. Its better to act based on facts they have instead of our speculations. I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best at this time.
    Very well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The gold on maus is less I’m waiting for more gold in the new expansion we need new maps and more gold, who don’t love the gold?!

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

From what I'm seeing you all say, the state of the economy hasn't really changed at all, only the bottom line has changed.

Arcane Fossils costing 40m and you're rich for having 1 mil is the same as Arcane Fossils costing 400m and you're rich for having 10mil.

We are always keeping an eye on the game economy and the gold inflow and planning/adjusting features around this (though apparently having a proc that just takes away your gold if you're holding over 1mil is a bad idea ).

One of the solutions I've seen other games do (and I would like to avoid if we can) is to just drastically increase the amount of gold every player has.

For example:
    Let's say right now 250mil means you're rich, and the average player can get to 5mil. One way to correct the economy would be to increase the gold inflow so that the average player has 500mil. That rich person who used to have 250mil now has 750mil, but 750mil compared to 505mil is less of an impact than 250mil compared to 5mil. The balance could be even further shifted if I used 1bil instead of 500mil as an example.

Again I'd rather take this approach because it would also mean all costs in the game would have to be drastically increased, but I've seen it done in other games.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Just dropped my tea in shock. What on Earth can anyone need 250m gold for??? Please enlighten me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    From what I'm seeing you all say, the state of the economy hasn't really changed at all, only the bottom line has changed.

Arcane Fossils costing 40m and you're rich for having 1 mil is the same as Arcane Fossils costing 400m and you're rich for having 10mil.

We are always keeping an eye on the game economy and the gold inflow and planning/adjusting features around this (though apparently having a proc that just takes away your gold if you're holding over 1mil is a bad idea ).

One of the solutions I've seen other games do (and I would like to avoid if we can) is to just drastically increase the amount of gold every player has.

For example:
    Let's say right now 250mil means you're rich, and the average player can get to 5mil. One way to correct the economy would be to increase the gold inflow so that the average player has 500mil. That rich person who used to have 250mil now has 750mil, but 750mil compared to 505mil is less of an impact than 250mil compared to 5mil. The balance could be even further shifted if I used 1bil instead of 500mil as an example.

Again I'd rather take this approach because it would also mean all costs in the game would have to be drastically increased, but I've seen it done in other games.
    I like where you're heading there... Try doing something like that please :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I feel like as a first step the gold cap limit should be increased to 500m per player.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    As for pve yes I am happy with it. The game is not out of reach for the average player imho.
    Idc about trillion $ vanities, kids get by with hex staff builds.
    I don't think the average person is easily making mills in maus. Also maus is just one place I farm, there's a few others.

Maybe decreasing gold in maus isn't the best gold sink, as that wouldn't cause the super elite to get rid of mills.
    Cheers
    And, as others said, a change in the economy or a "sink" will still present the "imbalance" that they are speaking of because you cannot get rich or obtain all types of items just by playing casually...... Work must be put in or money must be spent......

Please don't touch the economy, STS.... You gave us awakenings, if people need to be richer, they need to take the risk and/or invest in these awakening just like those who have done so to get their "OP" (%) gold loot awakenings..... I personally know from awakenings and spending millions before I see a single %40 and say to myself "OK, that's enough... Stop here"..........

If it ain't broke, don't fix it........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Just dropped my tea in shock. What on Earth can anyone need 250m gold for??? Please enlighten me.
    When you have this much gold, you will know!
    Gold runs out so fast and I am against the idea of capping gold at 500m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

For example:

Yes! Exactly. The economy it the same as three years ago except the numbers are bigger and it's easier to use real money to get gold. So it's easier to buy yourself to the top with plat. Our dollars go so much further now!

Getting gold is less about luck like many years ago and more about persistence or plat purchases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

For example:

It totally depends on how you implement it, For example:
    Lets say an item cost 1m, average player has 10m, and a rich player has 200m.
    You increase the gold by 200m, and now the average players has 210m, rich has 400m but now the item cost 20m. In this scenario the issue remains same, all we did was reduce the value of the currency. Also, what will happen to the new players who join after this is implemented?

The thing is the current tweaks you guys are doing with the gold drops and features around it does not seems to be working, or perhaps its only affecting the average and the poor.

Currently there is only 1 effective gold sink, i.e., Awakenings, but it has its limitations and totally dependant on odds. Hence, I would like to propose something else.
    #1 Enable Tax on trade, but with different slabs:
    • If the total amount of gold on a players account is less than 5m then there is no tax on trade.
    • If the total amount of gold on a players account is more than 5m but less than 10m then a fee should be deducted for every trade.
    • If the amount is higher than 10m then the fee will be higher.
    • Same way the fee increases 20m, 30m,... 50m,.. 100m,.. 200m,.. 1b etc.

In addition to #1, we should also have,
    #2 Tax on trading items of higher value, lets say on trade value of 10m or above.
    This is same as Auction Tax but needs to be implemented on high value trades that happens off CS.

I understand that these ideas have loopholes and rough edges but can easily be fixed if we all think selflessly and come up with a plan for the community.

* The number's in my example are hypothetical, and should be decided by devs based on stats.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

as a f2p player (I do sometimes plat offers but not really purchase plats) took me years to get ...healthy.
    Once I spent 4 months just grinding km3 for around 3 hours/day (my kdr was soo good at the time xD), being able to craft 180 massives, selling them during events making a good profit (at the time around 16 millions). There I started to merch/craft-sell nekro and other stuff and now, even if I don’t have the best gear, I’m happy with my stats and savings.

I’m not saying this to brag out. I just want to focus on the fact that took me around one year to reach this situation, starting from a “ok now I will make some money” state of mind and already some knowledge of the game!
    “Average” or casual player will never be rich! Grinders of plat users can. And to be rich just grinding requires a huge amount of time!
    Arcanes, PP, nekro and all the “old” OP stuff was always crazily high priced! The best stuff was always expansive.
    And I don’t know if someone of you remember economy after cakes and deary island issues......was good in your opinion? (Really asking ) in mine wasn’t.
    We need objectives in game.....things hard to achieve....goals. And rarities. If not, where is the fun??
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

I remember the km3 days. I do think we who were around at that time did have a better experience. I never got bored grinding because we all did it together and farming elites was challenging and fun whether for pets or aps and people were less judgemental and more helpful. PvP was ok from what I observed too and although I was really bad at it, I never got called nab or worse, that came later Nowadays I'm having reality commitments so I can't play as much but still have a go at Maus most days and I'm running the event according to my given energies. I did manage to reach over 30m gold which now I see is "poor" but at the moment I have the gear and pets I need to play comfortably so I have the brawler vanity. If anyone hasn't fallen asleep whilst reading this and wonders why I am in their mind "poor", ask all the people I helped. To be honest..I don't feel poor. 500m gold is far too much. I have spent real money on this game and it has given me pleasure.. sometimes it has made me sad when good friends left. I never thought a game could bring about so many emotions and would have laughed if someone had told me that people I have never met would have such an impact on my life. Mostly good a few bad. The amount of good outweighs the bad. I have seen many changes in AL and will always prefer the good old days but things progress as they do in the real world. I still indulge in buying plat and my gold never lasts for long but I'm certainly not a nab..I hate that word.. I've done many events, crafted many things, run all maps and hopefully helped many new players along the way. What do I think of AL today? I love the game but some of the players need a little bit of tact and also need to stop being so high and mighty. Good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Im happy with the game. They seem to be putting a lot of time and effort into the game. People have a chance at recolored rare vanities. We have an expansion coming up. I know some make a million a day but i don't. I have 200-300 gl.i make a few maus runs a day and i think i average 60-70k for m5-6.. so if 15-20 5-6 runs is easy im doing it wrong because that is a large time commitment for me. I'm not interested in high gold loot sets. They make you weak. As a tank i need to be strong and using a low level gold loot set isn't good enough for me.

Anyway more gold for players and higher prices for items doesn't sound like a huge problem compared to stagnate game content. I like it when the developers ask for suggestions and get more active on the forum. We have more events now, different types of events, new gear, new pets, new vanities and a massive expansion. More interaction with developers and they actually listen to our suggestions. What on earth (or arlor) more can you ask for? Seriously, complaining what is the motivation?
    Well said Capeo.

Leave things as is. (:
    Avy
    12-2012

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post: