Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

In recent conversation it was mentioned that lb vanities should never be tradeable by Vroom.

My question is what benefits does that have for AL?

It’s a serious question I think many players have and would like to know the reasoning behind because:
    1. We spend millions of in-game gold and for many hundreds of irl dollars.
    A. We do this, yes to have the vanities, but some also to make a little money back of early sales or hoard for later (nothing wrong with hoarding in an economy imo even though I don’t do it), or just wear to show our accomplishments (what I’m guessing Vroom meant)

2. The economy thrives at a higher level off of lb vanities
    A. Recent Lb vanities have for the most part brought merchers nice amounts of money (merchers drive, not run, the economy believe it or not); older lb vanities give players something to strive for as well as a bigger bit of a gold sink (althought probably small in comparison to the 1 pull tavern crates >.>), and another way for merchers to earn money or hoarders to hoard.

3. Those who weren’t around at the time have a chance to wear some higher class limited items from that period of AL
    A. Not many things compare to the rareness or cool factor lb vanities have

4. The banners (besides balloon) are untradeable and show who actually ran the event, and a few other pieces like that goblin head thingy.
    A. Not every lb should be lb runner exclusive variety items right? (Maybe I’m wrong) Because for me when I run lb I’d like to have something that I know at least holds value in it. I know most ppl I’ve talked to aren’t running lb solely because they love the vanities but because they love the prospect those vanities bring as well.

5. We have an npc to talk to to waste gold on untradeable vanities

I probably left a few key points off. I don’t want this thread to be too long and I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining. Just listing some things I feel and I know others feel like we would like to be addressed if it is true that no lb vanities will be tradeable in the future. I can agree that maybe some shouldn’t but not ALL from every lb. maybe the smaller ones could be tradeable and the bigger events lb specific. Idk I’m just spitballing but thanks for any insight anyone.
    Last edited by Jhawkeye; 03-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think all lb vanity should be tradeable and some lb banners could be too and some could be untradeable easy solution I think xD.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeridor For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

ye this is a big problem because i sold all my items to run in this event. a big lost bec they dont tell us the the first of event. really disappointed in this event. how can i back what lost :/ precise only 5-6m, maybe around 8m total plus magna and victus after event.. almost 6days before it ends. how sad for this untradable vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Personally, I'd strongly support LB vanities (e.g. Frankenstein Set), to be tradable. It allows those who possess more, financial allowance but do not have time, to have a touch at the vanities they dream of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Krystalteam For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Interesting question, we're definitely listening.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Odd coming from pl where things weren't tradable, then all was made tradable to disrupt the black market.
    Come to al where all was tradable, now some isn't? I don't get it.

I don't care about vanities peronally but I think it's in the interest of sts to keep some players like J & Blaqq (to name a couple guildies) happy, as I see how much time and money they put into the game for events.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Let’s make all untradeable to trade-able then problem solve forever

IGN : > Vip <> Account <

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vanquishier For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeridor View Post
    I think all lb vanity should be tradeable and some lb banners could be too and some could be untradeable easy solution I think xD.
    Ye no -1 to what you said, all banners should remain untradeable, what happened to balloon banner should never be repeated

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

hmm.. isn't it sad that a MMO economy is driven by an optional component. A in-game option of trading which then turned into a profession by players has upper hand on economy than the content itself.

@OP: IMO, (after reading all the opinions and fights from all the thread related to rare vanities, LB items, and especially after the thread on getting old items back in game) I understand that its better to keep these things untradable (just to avoid future issues).
    To be honest we don't want to get into that rare vanity for 500m loop again. Sorry, but your aspiration for running LB can be anything, and you will be rewarded for it. But then you want flexibility to horde and liquidate those items for your future is not a good ask. Please don't seek best of both worlds just because you got the blings (no hate intended).
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

All LB vanities should be tradeable imo. Banners? absolutely not, they show who actually ran the event. the rich shouldn't be able to buy everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    hmm.. isn't it sad that a MMO economy is driven by an optional component. A in-game option of trading which then turned into a profession by players has upper hand on economy than the content itself.

@OP: IMO, (after reading all the opinions and fights from all the thread related to rare vanities, LB items, and especially after the thread on getting old items back in game) I understand that its better to keep these things untradable (just to avoid future issues).
    To be honest we don't want to get into that rare vanity for 500m loop again. Sorry, but your aspiration for running LB can be anything, and you will be rewarded for it. But then you want flexibility to horde and liquidate those items for your future is not a good ask. Please don't seek best of both worlds just because you got the blings (no hate intended).
    I’m not understanding what you mean sorry. Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?

Also not understanding how having a 500m price tag (obtainable) is worse than not being able to obtain an op vanity at all.

Edit: Not to mention that only 1-2 lb vanities can be sold 500m. Jester sets aren’t from a lb to clear anyones confusion.
    Last edited by Jhawkeye; 03-17-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Interesting question, we're definitely listening.
    I and Im sure everyone else really appreciates the interest in the topic haha this is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I've always preferred lb vanities to be tradable. Not everyone has the time to run these events, but are ok in dropping some money / spending saved up gold to just buy directly off the winners. Gives people with the means to have something unique, and gives people who have the time to earn some gold for their efforts. Untradable vanities would go to only the people who have the means and the time. Only a handful of those players around.

I'm okay with future vanities being untradable as well. Those 500m vanities are coming back recolored which is good enough for most. Part of the high price came from the rarity and the uniqueness I think. Recoloring them at least gives people the opportunity to own the uniqueness part. They're relatively rare as well
    Last edited by Kakashis; 03-17-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Most people run LBs just to sell that vanity to get their money back, and also some profit. + they get to keep the non tradeable part of rewards. And also Precise jewels and runes and stuff.

I think overall it's not very fair as it is, because people who don't have time to play Event LB will be forced to pay whatever the runners want, so I have a suggestion.

Ideally I would make both the vanity and banner from LBs non tradeable. But also put a super rare non tradeable version in event Locks, so those people who don't have time for LB, can also spend some cash to get that special vanity. And the LB runners get it "for free". One note though would be to make the lock vanities only be for your class so RNG won't troll us.

I think that will also give more reason for the "neutral" players to run event, because locks will be wanted and they're relatively easy to loot. No one gives up on them. XD
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

-1 to tradable lb vanities. I like the similar-looking-crate-alternative idea.

Maybe a "run to win" instead of "run to sell" logic will change the way people see AL lb events for the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    -1 to tradable lb vanities. I like the similar-looking-crate-alternative idea.

Maybe a "run to win" instead of "run to sell" logic will change the way people see AL lb events for the better.
    Not everyone is run to sell though. And the competition is intensified when different types of people can see different types of reasons for running. Also just releasing crates that have the same looking vanities as lb in my opinion is a terrible idea saying as how lb vanities are one of the few completely original items people have a chance to own

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    I’m not understanding what you mean sorry. Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?

Also not understanding how having a 500m price tag (obtainable) is worse than not being able to obtain an op vanity at all.

Edit: Not to mention that only 1-2 lb vanities can be sold 500m. Jester sets aren’t from a lb to clear anyones confusion.
    1-2lb vanities. I sense the presence of the Ice Golem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Not everyone is run to sell though. And the competition is intensified when different types of people can see different types of reasons for running. Also just releasing crates that have the same looking vanities as lb in my opinion is a terrible idea saying as how lb vanities are one of the few completely original items people have a chance to own
    I said "similar-looking" (e.g. the current brawler vanities available in crates) not "same looking". If you want the original, do what you must to put real life on hold, otherwise be satisfied with a similar looking but not original version.

A lesson should be learnt from 400-600m-outside-the-trade-window-help-me-sts-I-got-scammed-because-I-didn't-follow-the-rules-i'll-make-a-thread-to-announce-it-lb-vanities.
    Last edited by Perceval; 03-17-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Going to have to go against this one sorry hawk. I prefer the rewards being untradable as it provides a good gold sink. Even though i do see why runners would want it tradable. Just look at enhanced shadowspire wings, those who ran it are already making gold back on it if they havent sold it already.

I personaly would love to run every event and make my gold back each time too but for the good of the game i feel untradable is the way to go

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Yes, irrespective of how wealthy an individual is, they should not be able to run the economy. Only devs should have the power to drive the economy. (Want to know why and how it impacts? Read my posts here - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...20#post2805920)

There are two things here:
    #1) LB is suppose to be a gold sink. Suppose you invest 50m getting top 10, now if you want to have the LB items tradable, obviously the price of that item becomes: gold invested + hard work cost + profit (that's the formula applied currently, and sadly all of the variables are decided by the owner). So lets say you sell the item for 80m (fair?). Where is the sink? instead you made more than you invested + you got the LB tag.

#2) Gold should not be the answer to everything. You want that OP vanity put in the hard work. You already have the gold to buy the OP vanity - use it to buy energy kit and run for LB top 10. Making it untradable only bring more competition to the LB (if they really want it, they will run for it now).

You still don't want to run then wait to spend that gold till the recolored versions are launched. I think making LB items unreadable is the right step.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!