Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

The whole concept of leaderboard rewards ia wrong.
    Point of leaderboard is to show who's the greatest, the most powerful and the best.
    I think STS should have just left leaderboard rewards at untradable banners, that would be the best solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blaqq View Post
    Most of those who dont mind lb vanities not being tradable has probably never ran events before! As a runner i would like to be warned before hand on what is tradable and what isnt so i can decide if i want to run or not! Sts gave us no warning that was the case! It is unfair to us to learn this half way through event! I dont run lb to sell vanites but i would like to think if there is a day when i need gold, i have items that are valuable and can be sold! Its sts choice if they want to make lb vanities not tradable, just do so AFTER this event because we werent given proper details on rewards!
    +1
    Oh yeah!!

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I doubt AL will be very successful after this decision! Ppl like me will quit running events! No point in spending gold on running if i can never hope so see even half of that gold back! And if everyone cant have a shot at owning lb vanites whether buying or running then alot will quit AL and account buying/selling will be only thing they do. But as i said its sts choice! I just wish they would tighten up on their communication skill! If they cant let the ppl who are making them money, know of changes in game then why do we play? To guess what else sts will take away from us?

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I understand that STS should have explicitly mentioned if the vanity is untradable. Other then that I think most the posts here just proved me right, there is your evidence.

By the way, lets not generalize, you might not run LB because the profit is gone, does not mean everyone else will not.
    As I said, everyone have different aspiration to run LB, even after knowing the vanity is untradable I am spending 2 to 3m /day on kits + farming energy just to get that vanity. For all you know I am more focused because I know that the only way to get it is the event, the competition is high with everyday passing. I know many people in-game who aspire for LB the same way I do, we run for the challenge its about the fun after all.

So, dont worry, people are not going to quit, the game is not going to die, and sts is dealing with black-market irrespectively. If you leave then someone else will just take your place, its as simple as that.

@STS: Keep it untradable for next event, mention it explicitly, and lets see how many people run for LB. Kindly make the call based on the statistics instead of speculations from players. TY.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@Justg Alright here it is, whoever made this post don't lie its simply easy to see that your unhappy and are complaining about Lb vanities being tradable, I assume none makes a thread about lb vanities for no reason?
    That aside here is why Vroomigofast and the whole dev team via Sts have made Lb vanities untradable.

From a professional Point of View-

1) Sts have understood how they're loosing money$$by giving free money to lb players from lb players selling their vanities for ridiculous amount of gold as well Sts have understood not only that but how they are loosing $$ from each lb vanity thats tradable.

Sts loose alot of money by giving lb vanities away and making it tradable, for e.g.- a player wins lets say a winter event and gets given a ice golem set for coming 2nd place. Now that player will sell the ice golem vanity for 300m+ and not only does that mean sts are providing free money for players from event but 600m> is more than 20k platinum currency which is worth way over 3000$ which sts are handing out for lb runners and to control this and not loose or give economy away to lb runner, they have made the right decision to not allow Lb vanities to be tradable, and i am proud they have made this decision , lb vanities are not meant to be tradable rather permanent keepable after all what is the point if a another player has a lb vanity that he didn't earn but bought , guess it wouldn't be called lb vanity then? see my point, Good job Justg and Vroomigofast for making this decision now only true lb runners will go for lb , and as well anyone thinking yes sts understood how much players sell those lb vanities for and how much economy they are giving away in a event, good job Justg, Vroomigofast, i 100% support that you maintain it this way and make lb vanities untradable, appreciated.

For anyone complaining saying ''I won't run Lb anymore '' Good because now true lb runners will earn the rewards, and after all whats the point of LEADERBOARD REWARDS WHEN THEYRE TRADABLE AND PLAYERS WHO DIDNT RUN GET THEM BY BUYING IT OFF AUCTION???????????????????????????????????????????

No just stop , just stop ,complaining everyone , if you don't want to run LB after this then have a good day, Sts are doing a good job already and making LB vanities untradable I agree on 100% and is the way to go , @Justg, @Vroomigofast don't change your decision leave Lb vanities permanently untradable and as well GL with upcoming updates look forward to it keep up the good work.

100% support Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the hardwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.
    ps-
    Read above before replying to this comment . Ty
    Last edited by Telgu; 03-18-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

dude..
    everyone gets it.. just let them voice their ideas about this..
    this isnt a vote and repeating the same thing again and again isnt ""from a professional point of view" " which you have typed in your post.

AND ITS "VROOMIGOREALFAST"
    #havesomerespectlol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightwatched For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

@psycho and @Telgu

You guys keep repeating yourselves. And I’ve already said that I’m only upset because I didn’t know for this event otherwise I’m just curious how making vanities untradeable would benefit AL because I personally don’t think it would. I’m pretty sure that’s not saying I’m upset or complaining lol.

And I’m sure the STS team is far better equipped to make the final decision but we as players can provide different angles that they may not see at first. That is why we “speculate”.

Try to make intelligent comments, that benefit the topic, not just use fancy words in the wrong place. Otherwise get off the post. Don’t bring drama.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No drama as said before , everything I’ve said has been thought of and is 100% correct , and we all know STS are an independent well adjusted company , there is no angles simple as that .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Telgu View Post
    No drama as said before , everything I’ve said has been thought of and is 100% correct , and we all know STS are an independent well adjusted company , there is no angles simple as that .
    Lol it’s not facts though. Name a lb Vanity outside of golem and ice spirit that’s even close to 600m? Those aren’t 600m btw. But in the same sentence you say a player will sell golem 300m+ and then skip to 600m? Your statement isn’t even aligned. You made a valid point but not an end all be all point. And there’s always angles. You’d have to be blind to not see that. You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else is to theres.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

imo, tradable or not i just want STS to clearly mention it in event guide so people can freely decide if they wanna spend their gold and effort running LB or not. In that way people wont be shocked coz they were informed beforehand what reward they gonna get and whether it is tradable or not.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blazerland For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerland View Post
    imo, tradable or not i just want STS to clearly mention it in event guide so people can freely decide if they wanna spend their gold and effort running LB or not. In that way people wont be shocked coz they were informed beforehand what reward they gonna get and whether it is tradable or not.
    True, I think they should have mentioned, because I see its a deciding factor for many here.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well tradable r not the people saying it effects the economy of the game lol then it isn't the main thing effecting the economy of the game is plat farm n other
    How can a hand full of vanities let's say 30 pieces effect the game ?
    And the prices of the vanities ar not determine by the merchers they are by the ppl
    Eg : the lb vanities like golem n n others were wer so high as ppl wanted it and we're ready to pay now u can see prices have dropped not becose sts have announced the recolored vanity but ppl have stop buying n bidding for the same n now the seller wants to get rid of it
    I don't mind it being untradable but den if it's untradable stop asking for recolored ones n run for what you want ..people want it both ways they don't want to run and they want an easy way to get the vanity to .i feel if m running something i should have the privilege to have it distinguish
    I don't think is fair ppl running for something should be able to sell it wen they need gold r dey need to buy other stuffs
    U don't make 50 60 m per month for running events u get it from thses stuffs
    Well the rest is on sts i still think a hand full of vanities don't effect economy dat much ..there are many other ways which effect the economy not this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

An issue which hasnt been mentioned was when the leaderboard vanities were tradable it was possible for a group of people to run the leaderboard together. Was when 3 or 4 people would use gold or plat and buy energy and give to 1 person to run for the leaderboard.

This method ment that they could "share" the vanity or split profits when and if they sold eventually. Two issues i have with this. Firstly it could lead to scams and drama as it depends a lot on trust and secondly and most importantly it doesnt fairly represent a "true individual leaderboad"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Why don't we have alternating trade-ability? Some events have untradeable rewards, whilst some have tradeable - of course players will be notified if it's untradeable or tradeable before the event starts.

Everything does not have to be in black and white.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    Why don't we have alternating trade-ability? Some events have untradeable rewards, whilst some have tradeable - of course players will be notified if it's untradeable or tradeable before the event starts.

Everything does not have to be in black and white.
    On that note, why even have vanities all the time. why not ( all non tradable ) locations, more gold titles, pets ( with passives only so doesnt affect gameplay ), weapon vanitys...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    On that note, why even have vanities all the time. why not ( all non tradable ) locations, more gold titles, pets ( with passives only so doesnt affect gameplay ), weapon vanitys...
    Well scam is something coz of an individual trusting on another so it's not anyone's fault apart his own der has been much cases in game for ppl to understand till now dat u cannot trust in Al
    N for untradable vanities is just major part if the economy has been ruined after the gl stuffs us not lb vanities or other stuffs stop the gold loot thing lol n start the kraken mines again n let ppl run for lock this will help u sink ur economy
    No matter how u blame the merchers for the the price hike n all but the fact is ppl still have enough gold from mau to keep the gold flow just come ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

An issue which hasnt been mentioned was when the leaderboard vanities were tradable it was possible for a group of people to run the leaderboard together. Was when 3 or 4 people would use gold or plat and buy energy and give to 1 person to run for the leaderboard.

This method ment that they could "share" the vanity or split profits when and if they sold eventually. Two issues i have with this. Firstly it could lead to scams and drama as it depends a lot on trust and secondly and most importantly it doesnt fairly represent a "true individual leaderboad"
    Good Point, but the main issue isn't scam (you reap what you sow), the thing is it shouldn't be allowed at all. Sharing assets is just an alternative to sharing accounts to win LB. The impact is same.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

+1 till everything is non-tradable
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    In recent conversation it was mentioned that lb vanities should never be tradeable by Vroom.

My question is what benefits does that have for AL?

It’s a serious question I think many players have and would like to know the reasoning behind because:
    1. We spend millions of in-game gold and for many hundreds of irl dollars.
    A. We do this, yes to have the vanities, but some also to make a little money back of early sales or hoard for later (nothing wrong with hoarding in an economy imo even though I don’t do it), or just wear to show our accomplishments (what I’m guessing Vroom meant)

2. The economy thrives at a higher level off of lb vanities
    A. Recent Lb vanities have for the most part brought merchers nice amounts of money (merchers drive, not run, the economy believe it or not); older lb vanities give players something to strive for as well as a bigger bit of a gold sink (althought probably small in comparison to the 1 pull tavern crates >.>), and another way for merchers to earn money or hoarders to hoard.

3. Those who weren’t around at the time have a chance to wear some higher class limited items from that period of AL
    A. Not many things compare to the rareness or cool factor lb vanities have

4. The banners (besides balloon) are untradeable and show who actually ran the event, and a few other pieces like that goblin head thingy.
    A. Not every lb should be lb runner exclusive variety items right? (Maybe I’m wrong) Because for me when I run lb I’d like to have something that I know at least holds value in it. I know most ppl I’ve talked to aren’t running lb solely because they love the vanities but because they love the prospect those vanities bring as well.

5. We have an npc to talk to to waste gold on untradeable vanities

I probably left a few key points off. I don’t want this thread to be too long and I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining. Just listing some things I feel and I know others feel like we would like to be addressed if it is true that no lb vanities will be tradeable in the future. I can agree that maybe some shouldn’t but not ALL from every lb. maybe the smaller ones could be tradeable and the bigger events lb specific. Idk I’m just spitballing but thanks for any insight anyone.

-1000 for "non-tradeable" vanities....... +1000 for "tradeable" vanities........

Being able to "initially" obtain the vanity should be enough for a person to display their leaderboard "grandeur"..... Locking a LB vanity to LB winners "only" will also discourage players from participating in LBs that awards vanities they particularly do not care for, which can be how many in a row? With the option to trade LB vanities, people will have a reason to run even if they do not care for the vanity..... ("EVENT" LBs, that is).............. Just my personal opinion.....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 03-19-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    -1000 for "non-tradeable" vanities....... +1000 for "tradeable" vanities........

Being able to "initially" obtain the vanity should be enough for a person to display their leaderboard "grandeur"..... Locking a LB vanity to LB winners "only" will also discourage players from participating LBs that awards vanities they particularly do not care for, which can be how many in a row? With the option to trade LB vanities, people will have a reason to run even if they do not care for the vanity..... ("EVENT" LBs, that is).............. Just my personal opinion.....
    The flip side of this;

If LB vanities were made untradeable, we wouldn't see the same names at the top of the LB every event which in turn would add more competition and give more people a chance.

STS should really clarify what is/isn't tradeable before the event starts. imo making LB vanities tradeable is the best all-round solution for the community. those who don't have the time/real life can still buy the vanities and those who work their ***' off on the LB can make a profit. win win