Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

There is no gold sink in selling energy you bought for plat or buying energy someone bought for plat, the gold is still in the games economy unless there is an undercover sts operative selling energy in auction and deleting the gold as it comes in.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

What will people with 300m spend thier gold on ? So the gap between rich and poor should grow bigger? Why do you think this is a gold sink? It cost around 80m to run lb for shadowspire wings, you should know they don’t sell for this? The game wasn’t broken but it’s going to be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    There is no gold sink in selling energy you bought for plat or buying energy someone bought for plat, the gold is still in the games economy unless there is an undercover sts operative selling energy in auction and deleting the gold as it comes in.
    I agree, you would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".
    Avy
    12-2012

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Not a single lb vanity besides golem, ice spirit and ice golem go anywhere near 600m people. Idk why that’s even coming up on this thread. And those are only going to go for 600m if people pay that. Not to mention most people who have them aren’t selling them. Same as if they were untradeable.

The most recent lb vanities excluding lb wings which were 70m haven’t gone past 50m. Frank, Medusa, and Halloween ghost sets are 150-200 and look at how old those sets are. That’s why they cost so much.

Now take us back a year,two, three years all the way back to when they were released. They were selling for a ton less than they are now and why? Because people are WILLING to pay that.

My stance is that I would say lb vanities should remain tradeable for the most part. Some I can understand not being tradeable. However, I won’t rage if they aren’t tradeable lol I would just like to know how that would affect AL since I see people most active during lb events. Take St. Paddys lb for example. If less people ran because the vanities are untradeable what would that do to the price of crates, green sets (golem,jack,gentleman)? I think the prices would be skyrocketed and that would just add to the list of things people complain about. Similar to how people were outraged at the green golem body going to 20m for a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Also I see I was flawed about a gold sink lol thankyou all for pointing it out. This is why I feel like this discussion needs to be had

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

why you people mad if the vanity is tradable? you didnt run the event to get top. u didnt waste time also. so what if tradable vanity it was. its really sounds that you people are jellous. people spend alot gold in event so what if tradable right? its their rights to have some benefits on it. dont pull down people for their effort. thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    ............ black market has a new selling point. Account traders coming from everywhere offering lb vanities?
    ^This
    #11char
    Last edited by Avaree; 03-18-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Out of thanks!
    Avy
    12-2012

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    Thanks for the correction bud, and yes you are right. The right term is that its a way to spend gold. It can only be considered a sink if it goes back into the game.
    (But it does not change the fact that it reduces the wealth from one group of players and get distributed to others, so in a way its rotating)

Hence,
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    ..You would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".
    +1 for this Idea
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    However I have a question for you. Who’s to say that by making lb vanities untradeable as a whole within a few years or maybe months the black market has a new selling point. Account traders coming from everywhere offering lb vanities?
    They could do the sensible thing and buy the similar-looking-tradable-crate-version or get banned for blatantly violating the terms of service.

I see no problem here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    They could do the sensible thing and buy the similar-looking-tradable-crate-version or get banned for blatantly violating the terms of service.

I see no problem here.
    Agreed there’s no place for it and it shouldn’t happen but it still does and could possibly happen more, costing STS money. It’s just a thought I’m sure they have already considered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Imo lb runners should have the right to do whatever they want to the reward. I know the feeling of lb running specially top 10. I respect all hardcore lb runners.

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paidtofarm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Telgu View Post
    @Justg Alright here it is, whoever made this post don't lie its simply easy to see that your unhappy and are complaining about Lb vanities being tradable, I assume none makes a thread about lb vanities for no reason?
    That aside here is why Vroomigofast and the whole dev team via Sts have made Lb vanities untradable.

From a professional Point of View-

1) Sts have understood how they're loosing money$$by giving free money to lb players from lb players selling their vanities for ridiculous amount of gold as well Sts have understood not only that but how they are loosing $$ from each lb vanity thats tradable.

Sts loose alot of money by giving lb vanities away and making it tradable, for e.g.- a player wins lets say a winter event and gets given a ice golem set for coming 2nd place. Now that player will sell the ice golem vanity for 300m+ and not only does that mean sts are providing free money for players from event but 600m> is more than 20k platinum currency which is worth way over 3000$ which sts are handing out for lb runners and to control this and not loose or give economy away to lb runner, they have made the right decision to not allow Lb vanities to be tradable, and i am proud they have made this decision , lb vanities are not meant to be tradable rather permanent keepable after all what is the point if a another player has a lb vanity that he didn't earn but bought , guess it wouldn't be called lb vanity then? see my point, Good job Justg and Vroomigofast for making this decision now only true lb runners will go for lb , and as well anyone thinking yes sts understood how much players sell those lb vanities for and how much economy they are giving away in a event, good job Justg, Vroomigofast, i 100% support that you maintain it this way and make lb vanities untradable, appreciated.

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the hardwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.
    End of story, for everyone , Keep up the good work Justg, Vroomigofast , don't change your decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

End of story, for everyone , Keep up the good work Justg, Vroomigofast , don't change your decision.
    Ok boss

11char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Once again I see your point but I’ve personally spent 14k plat at one time and made nowhere near where you value it.

Also it’s not only lb items that are worth more than the monetary value you placed on plat. Should those be untradeable as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Yes almighty seeing eye in the sky , I’m not sure what they would do without your professional opinion. I was number 3 mage in Halloween 2014(ghost, Medusa , frank), top mage ursoth last year, top mage Christmas, and had my co partner top out as the rogue, so I’m willing to bet my statistics actually make me the professional on this but I’ll move over to give you the floor. I can’t and won’t speak for sts but I’m glad you are their financial assistance and not me , wheeew that was close....I also laughed so hard when you said giving free money bc I’ve never came out ahead after an event selling the vanity and if I would have invested the plat spent on selling the energy it took to win it I would be soooooo rich right now......ign(in game name)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Just shut this stupid thread down please before I bust a blood vessel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Ye no -1 to what you said, all banners should remain untradeable, what happened to balloon banner should never be repeated
    What about lepre banner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BELIEVE IT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Just to be clear if the vanities would have been untradable I would have never spent the money on the plat or the gold to run the event! Make the banner special for top 3 of each class and keep those untradable forever( this will ensure a good run for the money), keep the vanities tradable so the winners have options, and stop relying on People’s opinions who have never won event and all will be fine.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxsoifongxx View Post
    What about lepre banner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was thinking this events banner might be tradeable too because lepre banner was. Hope it's not tradeable btw.
    Last edited by Thewolfbull; 03-18-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Most of those who dont mind lb vanities not being tradable has probably never ran events before! As a runner i would like to be warned before hand on what is tradable and what isnt so i can decide if i want to run or not! Sts gave us no warning that was the case! It is unfair to us to learn this half way through event! I dont run lb to sell vanites but i would like to think if there is a day when i need gold, i have items that are valuable and can be sold! Its sts choice if they want to make lb vanities not tradable, just do so AFTER this event because we werent given proper details on rewards!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaqq For This Useful Post: