Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Yes, irrespective of how wealthy an individual is, they should not be able to run the economy. Only devs should have the power to drive the economy. (Want to know why and how it impacts? Read my posts here - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...20#post2805920)

There are two things here:
    #1) LB is suppose to be a gold sink. Suppose you invest 50m getting top 10, now if you want to have the LB items tradable, obviously the price of that item becomes: gold invested + hard work cost + profit (that's the formula applied currently, and sadly all of the variables are decided by the owner). So lets say you sell the item for 80m (fair?). Where is the sink? instead you made more than you invested + you got the LB tag.

#2) Gold should not be the answer to everything. You want that OP vanity put in the hard work. You already have the gold to buy the OP vanity - use it to buy energy kit and run for LB top 10. Making it untradable only bring more competition to the LB (if they really want it, they will run for it now).

You still don't want to run then wait to spend that gold till the recolored versions are launched. I think making LB items unreadable is the right step.
    The economy is driven on multiple factors. The devs of course do influence it heavily. Hence this conversation. No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion.

1. Where was it mentioned lbs were meant to be a gold sink? I thouht they were lbs to run for exclusive items and that’s ignoring if they’re tradeable or not.

2. Gold isn’t in answer it’s an alternative

I’m not going to argue your points in detail because you are entitled to your opinion I’m just giving you a little insight on my view as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Going to have to go against this one sorry hawk. I prefer the rewards being untradable as it provides a good gold sink. Even though i do see why runners would want it tradable. Just look at enhanced shadowspire wings, those who ran it are already making gold back on it if they havent sold it already.

I personaly would love to run every event and make my gold back each time too but for the good of the game i feel untradable is the way to go
    The first week those wings dropped they were 70m because that’s what it cost the lb runners. They’re now 45-50m

I can understand both sides althought I sway more towards at least most of them being tradeable. My question is more of what benefit does making them untradeable pose? And how will that effect lb running. Because instead of spending 70m to run lb for a vanity that’s untradeable and gonna be available via a recolor that is tradeable, I’d skip lb and I feel quite a few ppl would sway that way but idk. That’s why I posed the question. Because less ppl running for lb and spending the money that events draw in seems dangerous to the community to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    The first week those wings dropped they were 70m because that’s what it cost the lb runners. They’re now 45-50m

I can understand both sides althought I sway more towards at least most of them being tradeable. My question is more of what benefit does making them untradeable pose? And how will that effect lb running. Because instead of spending 70m to run lb for a vanity that’s untradeable and gonna be available via a recolor that is tradeable, I’d skip lb and I feel quite a few ppl would sway that way but idk. That’s why I posed the question. Because less ppl running for lb and spending the money that events draw in seems dangerous to the community to me.
    Maybe we should ask sts why timed run banners and PvP leaderboard banners are untradable. I think the answer to that kinda solves this discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Maybe we should ask sts why timed run banners and PvP leaderboard banners are untradable. I think the answer to that kinda solves this discussion.
    That’s a banner. If a seperate prize came with those I would hope that at least some of them would be tradeable

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

The economy is driven on multiple factors. The devs of course do influence it heavily. Hence this conversation. No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion.

1. Where was it mentioned lbs were meant to be a gold sink? I thouht they were lbs to run for exclusive items and that’s ignoring if they’re tradeable or not.

2. Gold isn’t in answer it’s an alternative

I’m not going to argue your points in detail because you are entitled to your opinion I’m just giving you a little insight on my view as well
    Hmm these are your statements:
    "This is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well"
    "Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?"
    "No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion."

1st decide what is your discussion and stop contradicting yourself. Then get one thing straight: The economy is not based on trading.
    Have facts and reasons to back you statements, diverting it with vague reasoning is just waste of time. Perhaps you did not read the thread I pointed in my previous post (please do).

1. Where it's mentioned LB is not meant to be gold sink (two can play that game ). Exclusivity of an item does not change irrespective if its tradable or not.

IMO currently LB is the biggest gold sink (if items kept untradable). Making the items tradable will only make a paradox. A constant loop of same players running LB - liquidating the items to make profit - then using that gold to run LB again. Rotating the gold, making higher profits every loop.

If you are not concerned about making gold out of your win then you should not even be bothered if the items are tradable or not.

2. Right, let me reiterate myself then: Gold should not be an answer or an alternative to get LB items.
    If you want to win the prize of a competition, the only way should be to participate and give your best to win it. Its as simple as that.

There is no argument here. Its only an argument when both parties have reasons and facts supporting their stand
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I didnt run any main event lb top 10( top 25-50 mostly) bt i still prefer vanities to be non tradeable , it makes them rare nd shows the hard work to get them. I knw its a gold sink, bt it i want the vanity i can spend gold nd time for it.

If u think that banner shows the hard work. No it doesnt becoz top 50 get the same banner. U cant distinguish top 10 frm 50 with it. Nd top 10 take alot of time nd effort.

Only if top 10 get extra banner along with top 50 banner reward, then vanities can be made tradeable imo.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Hmm these are your statements:
    "This is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well"
    "Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?"
    "No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion."

1st decide what is your discussion and stop contradicting yourself. Then get one thing straight: The economy is not based on trading.
    Have facts and reasons to back you statements, diverting it with vague reasoning is just waste of time. Perhaps you did not read the thread I pointed in my previous post (please do).

1. Where it's mentioned LB is not meant to be gold sink (two can play that game ). Exclusivity of an item does not change irrespective if its tradable or not.

IMO currently LB is the biggest gold sink (if items kept untradable). Making the items tradable will only make a paradox. A constant loop of same players running LB - liquidating the items to make profit - then using that gold to run LB again. Rotating the gold, making higher profits every loop.

If you are not concerned about making gold out of your win then you should not even be bothered if the items are tradable or not.

2. Right, let me reiterate myself then: Gold should not be an answer or an alternative to get LB items.
    If you want to win the prize of a competition, the only way should be to participate and give your best to win it. Its as simple as that.

There is no argument here. Its only an argument when both parties have reasons and facts supporting their stand
    Where did I contradict myself lol? The economy is influenced by a multitude of things including lbs and ppl who are good at trading.

No I didn’t read your thread.

The discussion is on how making lbs that ARE currently tradeable, untradeable will impact AL. Noone is making anything tradeable as the “current gold sink” is already tradeable.

There are only a few ppl who always run lb and that’s not because they sell the lb items that they normally keep.

Your statements make it seem as though you’ve never ran a lb yourself or dealt with lb items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Buy Goblin Gas Mask ��

IGN : > Vip <> Account <

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Where did I contradict myself lol? The economy is influenced by a multitude of things including lbs and ppl who are good at trading.

No I didn’t read your thread.

The discussion is on how making lbs that ARE currently tradeable, untradeable will impact AL. Noone is making anything tradeable as the “current gold sink” is already tradeable.

There are only a few ppl who always run lb and that’s not because they sell the lb items that they normally keep.

Your statements make it seem as though you’ve never ran a lb yourself or dealt with lb items.
    Your post does not add any value to the thread.
    I gave you the reason why LB items should not be tradable. I gave the reason how it impacts AL and its economy,
    But you totally ignored everything and all you did was repeat the question again with addition of some assumptions and baseless statements on me.

I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I am out of this conversation. Ty.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

1)Ok so here we go , this is the main reason why Sts have stopped making lb vanities tradable just like many mmorpgs players should keep their lb and players who didn’t win the prize and just buy a lb vanity makes lb events no point
    2) STS HAVE UNDERSTOOD THAT PLAYERS ARE SELLING LB VANITIES FOR 50M gold + WHICH CAUSES THEM TO LOOSE MONEY AND THE LB RUNNERS MAKING **** LOADS OF MONEY , I know exactly what’s this topic is about and yes 100% agree with Sts lb vanities should be untradable and therefore true lb runners will grind for it as recognition of their vanity , thanks @Justg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Since energy can only be bought with platinum, LB is not a gold sink. All the gold spent to buy energy stays in game.
    I may miss something there but I don't think the trade of expensive vanities have much impact on the economy. It is just the transfer of big sums between wealthy people, it doesn't affect the prices of other items. I can see the moral issue in allowing people to buy and sell something that's meant to show some achievement.

What does have an impact on the economy and on STS is how many people are running for LB and how competitive LB is:
    If more people run for LB and/or more points are needed to reach LB, more items are looted from event bosses or mobs, more items are bought from vendors, more items are looted from events chests and the prices of those items drop.

I am with Jhawkeye in thinking that the main question is: what is the best incentive to make people run for LB, tradeable or untradeable vanities ?

PS: I am not rich in game and I don't run for LB so you can dismiss my opinion as much as you want !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@Justg Alright here it is, whoever made this post don't lie its simply easy to see that your unhappy and are complaining about Lb vanities being tradable, I assume none makes a thread about lb vanities for no reason?
    That aside here is why Vroomigofast and the whole dev team via Sts have made Lb vanities untradable.

From a professional Point of View-

1) Sts have understood how they're loosing money$$by giving free money to lb players from lb players selling their vanities for ridiculous amount of gold as well Sts have understood not only that but how they are loosing $$ from each lb vanity thats tradable.

Sts loose alot of money by giving lb vanities away and making it tradable, for e.g.- a player wins lets say a winter event and gets given a ice golem set for coming 2nd place. Now that player will sell the ice golem vanity for 300m+ and not only does that mean sts are providing free money for players from event but 600m> is more than 20k platinum currency which is worth way over 3000$ which sts are handing out for lb runners and to control this and not loose or give economy away to lb runner, they have made the right decision to not allow Lb vanities to be tradable, and i am proud they have made this decision , lb vanities are not meant to be tradable rather permanent keepable after all what is the point if a another player has a lb vanity that he didn't earn but bought , guess it wouldn't be called lb vanity then? see my point, Good job Justg and Vroomigofast for making this decision now only true lb runners will go for lb , and as well anyone thinking yes sts understood how much players sell those lb vanities for and how much economy they are giving away in a event, good job Justg, Vroomigofast, i 100% support that you maintain it this way and make lb vanities untradable, appreciated.

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the hardwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.
    Last edited by Telgu; 03-18-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

you guys dont know why other runs in lb its because of profit. we all need gold in game you that. you dont understand because you didnt run to get on top. the reason they want it tradable its because they want their gold back. but this event it doesnt annouce early before they run. thats why lost of gold for those who are in top. sometimes you guys dont know the feelings of others thats why you dont care about.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to inoxera For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pretzel View Post
    Since energy can only be bought with platinum, LB is not a gold sink. All the gold spent to buy energy stays in game.
    I may miss something there but I don't think the trade of expensive vanities have much impact on the economy. It is just the transfer of big sums between wealthy people, it doesn't affect the prices of other items. I can see the moral issue in allowing people to buy and sell something that's meant to show some achievement.

What does have an impact on the economy and on STS is how many people are running for LB and how competitive LB is:
    If more people run for LB and/or more points are needed to reach LB, more items are looted from event bosses or mobs, more items are bought from vendors, more items are looted from events chests and the prices of those items drop.

I am with Jhawkeye in thinking that the main question is: what is the best incentive to make people run for LB, tradeable or untradeable vanities ?

PS: I am not rich in game and I don't run for LB so you can dismiss my opinion as much as you want !
    I dont deny that energy can only bought using plat. It is true. But generalizing it, and saying all LB runners use plat to run LB is wrong. I for a fact use gold to buy energy, my guild mates who run top25 or top10 sometimes use plats, but mostly prefer spending gold on energy. So lets not generalize it.
    Other than that the reward given to the LB players for reaching specific ranks it-self is the incentive to run the LB. People who are interested in those items will run for LB, people who are not interested in those rewards simply should not.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

@Psycho I won’t be upset if lb vanities aren’t tradeable (maybe a little bit for this current lb because I’m top 10 and running for a vanity I was going to trade to a war one) but you’re making claims that are only supported by words that make you sound like you know what you’re talking about and it’s not helpful to the post at all. Not to mention you keep attempting to insult my intelligence.

You keep saying how it impacts Al if lb vanities are tradeable as if it’s been terrible since they ARE currently tradeable for the most part, but you aren’t giving any evidence of it being a bad nor good thing whether they are tradeable or untradeable.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Telgu View Post
    @Justg Alright here it is, whoever made this post don't lie its simply easy to see that your unhappy and are complaining about Lb vanities being tradable, I assume none makes a thread about lb vanities for no reason?
    That aside here is why Vroomigofast and the whole dev team via Sts have made Lb vanities untradable.

1) Sts have understood how they're loosing money$$by giving free money to lb players from lb players selling their vanities for ridiculous amount of gold as well Sts have understood not only that but how they are loosing $$ from each lb vanity thats tradable.

Sts loose alot of money by giving lb vanities away and making it tradable, for e.g.- a player wins lets say a winter event and gets given a ice golem set for coming 2nd place. Now that player will sell the ice golem vanity for 300m+ and not only does that mean sts are providing free money for players from event but 600m> is more than 20k platinum currency which is worth way over 3000$ which sts are handing out for lb runners and to control this and not loose or give economy away to lb runner, they have made the right decision to not allow Lb vanities to be tradable, and i am proud they have made this decision , lb vanities are not meant to be tradable rather permanent keepable after all what is the point if a another player has a lb vanity that he didn't earn but bought , guess it wouldn't be called lb vanity then? see my point, Good job Justg and Vroomigofast for making this decision now only true lb runners will go for lb , and as well anyone thinking yes sts understood how much players sell those lb vanities for and how much economy they are giving away in a event, good job Justg, Vroomigofast, i 100% support that you maintain it this way and make lb vanities untradable, appreciated.

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the handwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.
    You make a very valid point actually and I can agree with you.

However I have a question for you. Who’s to say that by making lb vanities untradeable as a whole within a few years or maybe months the black market has a new selling point. Account traders coming from everywhere offering lb vanities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Telgu View Post

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the handwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.
    Wow, I would have never thought of this. Thanks for adding it to my perspective
    My support just doubled if the said is true.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I feel like people should be able to do what they want with their items. Running simple small maps over and over day in and day out is exhausting and can be quite costly. Some run it for the glory, some run it for the gain.
    I say give LB vanities an aura upon earning it, then loses aura once traded. That would differentiate between the earners and the buyers. Banners should be untradeable also. That would also tell who put the work and gold into said event

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

You people are ruining the game with your views and sts “listening” to people who can’t see the numbers on what makes them money in the end to keep the game running is truly insane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

+1 to untradeable.
    Economy should not be manipulated by guys who buy vanities after event end and then sell them 600m after