Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Merching/Hoarding should be discouraged. LB vanities should be no-transfer.

1. LB should be run for the content and for the reward, not as an investment for profit. This is a game.
    2. To be able to possess an LB vanity is good enough.
    3. To hoard and sell/buy/resell LB vanities means making gold forever out of a one time investment. Then players will just merch instead of playing the game or instead of being interested in new releases. Some even see it as a profession (like seriously eww) and take it overboard to the point of selling rarities for real life currency.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 03-20-2018 at 04:55 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post

1. LB should be run for the content and for the reward, not as an investment for profit. This is a game.
    3. To hoard and sell/buy/resell LB vanities means making gold forever out of a one time investment. Then players will just merch instead of playing the game or instead of being interested in new releases. Some even see it as a profession (like seriously eww) and take it overboard to the point of selling rarities for real life currency.
    Merching/ hoarding should be discouraged true but lb vanities are not the only thing dat is merchable
    I will give to the runner if they want sell r keep if u invest time n effort minus the gold u should have the privilege to sell it r keep it
    Ppl run for fun not all r plat buyer some are f2p to so if they want r feel like running for the rewards that r better den the previous lb rewards they should have the privilege to sell the older one n try to the new one from the gold he gets from the old
    Not all can earn 50 70m every time to run event ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post

Merching/ hoarding should be discouraged true but lb vanities are not the only thing dat is merchable
    I will give to the runner if they want sell r keep if u invest time n effort minus the gold u should have the privilege to sell it r keep it
    Ppl run for fun not all r plat buyer some are f2p to so if they want r feel like running for the rewards that r better den the previous lb rewards they should have the privilege to sell the older one n try to the new one from the gold he gets from the old
    Not all can earn 50 70m every time to run event ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just a point i see all the ppl who are talking about the merchers n controlling economy i have seen that they them self follow the prices set buy the merchers itself .they say merchers manipulate prices but dat wen done n prices r set the one shouting again merchant they themselves don't sell there stuffs to the actual prices they were but in return wants the price for there stuffs WT prices r set buy the so called Mercher
    Kershal was 4m initially so anyone of u who has kershal who's writing against ppl merching i guess should sell there stuffs to the actual original prices .i have seen the post of many ppl who's writing against ppl gaining profit from there time invested in game have themselves posted sell this sell dat n wen it comes to prices is start price this n no auto lol so u urself r doing same wt ppl do it's just ppl want Maximum prices for the stuff they own but want to minimum for the stuffs they want from other
    Last edited by Shubham; 03-21-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    P.S.: there are better ways to create a gold sink than talk to a NPC to spend gold. imJeffs came up with the same idea, that should say enough bout that.
    I don't usually agree with this guy, we have our history of debates, lol. But I think we finally found something we both agree on, well cheers to that
    Btw that PS, lmao, leave that poor chap, ah I mean rich guy alone.
    IMO Avaree's idea is a good gold sink, though I am not sure how it will impact the plat conversion rate so I ll let devs take a call on that.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I say just release the expansion and forget events entirely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    OP asked how keeping vanities untradeable helped the game. I Notticed how he didn't ask how making them harmed the game.

Tradeable Lb vanities provides a means for market manipulation for merchants who have the kind of gold/time/inclination to do this. 99% of the time people having the three of the mentioned are involved in shady activities.

There was something about the "economy" in the OP. More people have notthing to do with these vanities than do. Both directly and indirectly. More people are concerned about meeting the gear required to run endgame maps.

The game is healthier without having limited tradable vanities. Keeping vanities limited to a certain time frame, gives a sense of nostalgia for players. Whether they are LB ones or they are like titles from tiers or token bought non tradable vanities. I do nott understand this mindset of "I want the vanity this other person has, this vanity that was exclusive to a previous event I wasn't part of. No I do nott want a new vanity that is shiny and the artist spent more time making. I want the one I can't have."(sorry I digress).
    Keeping gear limited however isn't the best of idea, sure their prices should be going up but nott to a point where the average player can't afford them.

Maybe LB rewards need to be looked at so that they offer more than just vanities. The last Elondrian event rewards of Heroic dovabear just goes onto prove everything I said. Won't bother giving out more examples when it's self evident.

P.S.: there are better ways to create a gold sink than talk to a NPC to spend gold. imJeffs came up with the same idea, that should say enough bout that.
    Good post........ Some good points.....

If they are contemplating making vanities "tradeable or non-tradeable" for "economy" reasons, they either should issue something "other than" vanities as the main prize (something that cannot be easily manipulated and sold in excess of millions), keep vanities (as a prize and tradeable) but, instead of top 10 gets it, maybe top 15, 20, 25.... Or....................

Main issue for me is, if I participate in a leaderboard, get a vanity as the "main prize" and i'm just "stuck" with it without a way to trade/sell it away (not really a big vanity fan by default), I'd be less likely to participate in any future leaderboards because for me, it's "NOTT" (lol) about the potential financial gain from the vanity, it's about receiving a reward for my hard work that I do not like and cannot/will not use thus making it "not a reward" which will imbalance my winnings...... Like this celtic brawler outfit for reaching top 10....... If I won that, i'd never wear it, which means if I can't sell or trade it, what's the point in participating in that particular leaderboard??????

But, like you were saying, seems like lots of people just want what they are SEEING...... The only thing that is crazy priced are those RARE vanities from the past and, for me, I do not see why so many people are worried about those things, how much they are going for, who has them, ETC..... I'd prefer new...... What's going on with those old vanities, who has them, their price, ETC... is obsolete to me... I honestly will not pay anymore than what they USED TO COST from back when I remember, which was a range from 3-6 mil...... If it costs anymore than that, that doggie will just stay in the window..... LOL....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 03-21-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

People have millions and millions of gold, they need something to spend it on, this class warfare isn’t gonna solve you people’s problem , there will always be rich , there will always be poor. All economic classes of players need goals or they become bored, what if all the very rich got on here and wanted to make awakenings plat only and not tradable? I say we make all energy non craftable and only purchasable with plat nontradable also. Oh wait , you don’t like these ideas....get over it people have opinions. What jhawk should have done instead of this thread was not run lb bc it wasn’t clear on if vanities would be tradable or not. Instead he got all you forumers worked up in a tizzy over nothing. When you have a problem with something you just don’t support it, it’s as easy as that, complaining here isn’t going to solve anything and if you think that sts is gonna stop doing what they think is right then you have a long journey ahead of you. If you think they are actually listening to you and doing what they do bc of what you say , you also have a lot to learn. They might take these words into consideration But they really only worry about that bottom line. What you want is obsolete if they are turning a profit they know they are doing something right, what I believe they fail to realize is that when they started trying to constantly appease and change, make new games , make people spend money they lost out but what the hell do I know again I’m just a nobody. I love ranting about kids raging on threads about a vanity.
    My whole point here, which I know you could give 2 sheets about is , they know what you want more than you do by seeing thier bottom lines, of more plat is spent this event than any other then guess what event you will get next time, a barrel boring busting brawl with a bunch of crappy prizes from locks and a lb that costs a ton to run in. I just hope sts doesn’t listen to any of us and learns by what interests us, if they keep changing their target audience then I see nothing good in the future.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Good post........ Some good points.....

If they are contemplating making vanities "tradeable or non-tradeable" for "economy" reasons, they either should issue something "other than" vanities as the main prize (something that cannot be easily manipulated and sold in excess of millions), keep vanities (as a prize and tradeable) but, instead of top 10 gets it, maybe top 15, 20, 25.... Or....................

Main issue for me is, if I participate in a leaderboard, get a vanity as the "main prize" and i'm just "stuck" with it without a way to trade/sell it away (not really a big vanity fan by default), I'd be less likely to participate in any future leaderboards because for me, it's "NOTT" (lol) about the potential financial gain from the vanity, it's about receiving a reward for my hard work that I do not like and cannot/will not use thus making it "not a reward" which will imbalance my winnings...... Like this celtic brawler outfit for reaching top 10....... If I won that, i'd never wear it, which means if I can't sell or trade it, what's the point in participating in that particular leaderboard??????

But, like you were saying, seems like lots of people just want what they are SEEING...... The only thing that is crazy priced are those RARE vanities from the past and, for me, I do not see why so many people are worried about those things, how much they are going for, who has them, ETC..... I'd prefer new...... What's going on with those old vanities, who has them, their price, ETC... is obsolete to me... I honestly will not pay anymore than what they USED TO COST from back when I remember, which was a range from 3-6 mil...... If it costs anymore than that, that doggie will just stay in the window..... LOL....
    Just a side note for for STS (off topic)..... I wouldn't wear the brawler vanity for mage because it's "wrong" (lol)..... But, the brawler outfit looks "BAD ***/AWESOME" on rogue..........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I don't usually agree with this guy, we have our history of debates, lol. But I think we finally found something we both agree on, well cheers to that
    IMO Avaree's idea is a good gold sink, though I am not sure how it will impact the plat conversion rate so I ll let devs take a call on that.
    I had no "idea" about a gold sink lol. What did i miss lol

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I agree, you would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Not sure that my below post was an idea,

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I agree, you would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".
    Was just saying Sir Spendsalot is a gold sink (: because some were saying the event was a gold sink. My above post was just my two cents of explaining the difference of what was said and that of a gold sink lol.
    Last edited by Avaree; 03-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Don’t mind the trolls they don’t understand common sense

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

hey please stick with untradeable vanities but make very very good looking, exquisite vanities (like yeti/golem) /different type of themes so that people will and surely run LB tp obtain it.
    then there will be healthy competition.
    But if lb rewards are like LB wings then i think there will not be many usual runners who might be rethinking to run..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Vanities should be tradable. If someone worked that hard for an event...they should be able to do what they want with it.

Take away tradable vanities and this game loses interest for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Clearly the event lb vanity rewards system should just stop. Maybe sts should start giving out something along the lines of arcane or mythic artifacts as the top 10 prizes (usable items with an actual value that cannot be manipulated because there are alternative ways to get them).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Totally a complaint thread !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    Totally a complaint thread !
    You said that already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Clearly the event lb vanity rewards system should just stop. Maybe sts should start giving out something along the lines of arcane or mythic artifacts as the top 10 prizes (usable items with an actual value that cannot be manipulated because there are alternative ways to get them).
    Totally disagree.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the LB vanities, they don't effect gameplay and you don't even need a vanity to enjoy AL. it's way better if STS give cosmetic items as opposed to an op af pet/item like SnS back in the Elon lb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkeye View Post
    You said that already
    I like you can remember what I say but not what you yourself says....change the name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    I like you can remember what I say but not what you yourself says....change the name
    It’s not hard to remember what you say when you keep repeating it lol. And I never once complained. Just because if I was complaining it would fit your point doesn’t make it so. So sit down troll and mind your business grown folks are having a conversation

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post: