Thread: How Scammers are dealt with

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default How Scammers are dealt with

So I just wanted to say that with my experience in AL, all the scammers I seem to encounter, always run off free without any consequences.

And I guess what prompted this is that a good friend of mine was scammed by another friend. The scammer resultantly changed his ign and after learning we had discovered his real name, decided to transfer all of his items and gear to another character, thus taking all of the items he had scammed and running off free with no trouble.

I feel that scammers have too many ways of hopping away free without reaping any of the consequences. They can change there name, they can create a new character to transfer goods on. This disgusts me in every way shape and form and I feel that this has to stop, as this for me has been causing most of my friends to quit AL. How easily, it is to scam someone. It has in fact driven me to the breaking point and has nearly caused me to quit myself.

I honestly feel that the large proportion of scammers in AL has been what has caused the most drop in players who play AL, not the lack of things to do in the game itself. If i didnt have to worry about logging on everyday to see one of my friends who got scammed, I, myself would be much more motivated to log on and play myself.

And sometimes, none of which is Sts fault, STS doesnt do anything about the scammers when reported because there simply isnt enough information that players are able to provide as proof that someone scammed. I would also like to add that its often very difficult to provide proof, as with the increasing numbers of players turning to trading on the street, the common day to day action of screenshotting or recording a trade simply becomes to tedious to keep up with.

I would just like to hear the community's opinion on how easy it is to scam someone and get away free without consequences as well as any possible solutions you guys might have to offer. Thanks a ton Everyone ^_^.
    Last edited by Spheresome; 03-18-2018 at 06:36 PM.