Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to step up your game Pocket Legends! POCKET LEGENDS FIRST RAID BOSS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Time to step up your game Pocket Legends! POCKET LEGENDS FIRST RAID BOSS!

Hello and welcome to my concept level design for the first raid boss that could could hit the awesome game of Pocket Legends. As players we have gotten a chance to play all of the instances that consist of halls of trash mobs leading to five man group bosses that are easy to handle for the casual player and require no real group structure. Today I hope to propose something that appeals to many!

Proposal: Create a ten man raid boss that challenges the average player and encourages strategic group structure and more efficient class roles.

As a level 45 player of Pocket Legends I am longing for something more than the regular AO2 dungeons that are based on how fast a group can clear a dungeon to reach the bosses. As a player I still enjoy playing this style of game play, but would also love to see a new challenge introduced to the world of Pocket Legends.

I propose that a raid boss be created that requires 10 level 45 Pocket Legends characters playing their characters roles (Tank/DPS/Healer) actively in order defeat a raid boss that provides a challenge for the average player.

THE STAGING SEQUENCE
    1. To start each player can only take part in a 10 man raid once a day. To start off a player would navigate the play list to filter out groups tackling this boss.

2.Once the player has joined a group he/she would be teleported to a staging area that is gated just outside of the of the battle area.

3.Once the group reaches ten people the gates open, a timer will start counting down from 1 minute, and players get in position to start the battle!

KEY
    Green: The Staging Area
    Blue Dots: Players waiting for battle to start
    Black Dotted Line: Gate holding players back until all 10 spots are filled
    Red: Spawns of the WAVES/Boss

THE BATTLE

1. The timer hits zero and the first WAVE of enemies spawn directly in the middle of the octagon. All players wait for the tanks to get aggro on the mobs and then start DPS and healing until they successfully down the trash mobs (Difficulty: Easy)(Notes: 1-2 tanks and 2 healers can handle the mobs while everyone else focuses on DPS)(Game time: 2-4 min.)

2. After a ten second break the second WAVE of mobs spawn consisting of trash mobs (like WAVE 1) as well as one mini boss equivalent to that of a regular boss in AO2 five man group. The wave ends once all enemies are defeated. (Difficulty: Medium)(Notes: 1 tank/1 healer for mini boss and 1-2 tanks/2 healers for trash mobs)(Game time: 3-5 min.)

3. The third wave then starts after another 10 second break. During this wave three different AO2 5 man style bosses spawn as well as trash mobs. (Difficultly: Hard)(Notes: Same setup as wave two except add two more tanks for mini bosses)

4. FINAL WAVE: After another 10 second break the final raid boss spawns. A tank will immediately attack and gain aggro. The boss will hit for about 50%-75% of a normal tanks health (Buffs reducing this damage) and will require regular heals from the enchantresses. The boss will have three attacks (Regular melee attack, ranged frost attack that hits random players 50-75% damage, and AOE lightning that will hit all members for about 40%-70% health). The fight should go smoothly if healers are able to aoe heal all of the members and the DPS allow the boss to be tanked by the strongest tank in the group. Also players must revive quickly as lack of heals will destroy the group.(Notes: This fight should consist of 3-5 min of pure fighting. With weak DPS it can take up to 8-10 min which makes DEX based characters very import in the fight as well as strong tanks and healers).

5. THE LOOT: Once the boss is dead each player will receive a ticket in their inventory. This ticket will allow the player to talk to a new NPC in towne who will trade it in for a random piece of gear (Players can receive NEW Pinks/Purples/Greens that are only obtainable by chance from these tickets). Note: Once a player receives the loot ticket they will no longer be able to join another raid group for that day. So if a player joins a group that can not kill the boss or breaks apart they still have a shot at joining a different group and will only be locked out of the dungeon if they successfully complete the boss fight for that day.

CONCLUSION
    All of this information seems like like a ton, but I tried to think of every aspect possible. I really think this would add a new aspect to the game and get people pumped for doing AO2 runs to get better gear to be able to kill these types of bosses. With this more PVE guilds would start forming and overall it would really create a new feel to the game that keeps players coming back everyday. So let me know what you guys think and feel free to leave any feedback!

-Dylan
    Last edited by JMDylan; 07-08-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow, this is a very thought out concept. I like the design. This would give sort of a different type of gameplay. One isse though: since the game would be pretty difficult and it a once a day event, the drops should be a little better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Wow, the devs NEED to implement this! You have made it very easy for them to implement this because it has so many descriptions of everything! I love this idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Good idea. But, think about this...

The main reason players want raids is because there is nothing to do after you reach the level cap and get all the loot you need. So once a day? That doesn't seem very appealing to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Are you saying that it should be more than once a day? Also we need something else than getting pinks...If they are hardcore players and lvl 45 they will already have all the best gear so maybe they could get something that AO2 doesnt have they could be exclusives only that you could get from the Raid Boss!

Feedback?
    Last edited by Cascade; 07-08-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe limiting it to once per day would not allow constant farming and keep people interested for longer amounts of time. In order to get a shot at some of the best gear in the game you would have to participate instead of just buying your way in by people who farm it constantly. Also for Pocket Legends this will influence people who will want to come on each day to get another chance at the raid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Are you saying that it should be more than once a day? Also we need something else than getting pinks...If they are hardcore players and lvl 45 they will already have all the best gear so maybe they could get something that AO2 doesnt have they could be exclusives only that you could get from the Raid Boss!

Feedback?
    Exactly. When I mention getting pinks I was thinking exclusive gear that is only dropped from that specific boss. I will add that to the post, Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think that the raid should be for level capped players only. Then, instead of creating a whole new boss raid for each new map pack, the raid could just be upgraded in difficulty to match the level cap. Anyway, the raid should be superhard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Yeah then you could get a super awesome weapon exclusivly in the Raid Boss that is the only place you can get it so people will know you beat the Raid Boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I personally dislike daily content. It leaves me with this feeling that I have to get the daily content done every day or I will fall behind ( the 'turn up every day or get punished' mechanic) and it becomes a chore instead of fun.

As regards the raid idea? It sounds like a one room dungeon with tokens. Boss design could probably be tweaked to make boss encounters harder and require a more coordinated approach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree completely! Two thumbs up!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the idea, hopefully the devs will consider and find a way to implement it in, but for now I think they have enough on their hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW! Get out of my head! I was just thinking the other day as I was standing in towne that PL needs a world boss event, or some type of group raid experience for the more hard-core players. Of course these events would be offered with regularity, and have items which may not be looted elsewhere, and are for endgame levels only.

I would like to see the structural mechanics of operating as an efficient GROUP implemented in PL. So many groups either stack the same classes, or lack class diversity which works, but doesn't really bring much to the table as far as taking advantage of each class and it's special abilities, buffs, etc. Sometimes I feel this dynamic is limiting to game play, as each class, hybrid, and spec do have their own unique benefits when operating as a functional part of a focused and skilled PvE group.

I would like to see the DEVS do something with this idea. It's exciting to see that others here are also interested in this type of gameplay.

"I ain't nice all the time." JG, 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That'd be awesome! But it'd be cooler if you could still play the level more than once a day, like as long as you like, but only get items from the first time you play that day.
    Schmello!!! New to PL, so, Hi!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+3 good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great idea, I love it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woot! 2 Thumbs up!! Agree that something like this would be good! But not too sure about the once a day thingy... maybe you only get 1 ticket per day if you won but you can still participate to help others get it too? or limit it to a max of 3 tries per day or something?
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hahha reminds me of WoW, when i see my friend play.
    It would be awesome if this was implemented within the game; it'd make it more challenging for the max levels, and keep them entertained.
    Although i think the raid should only be allowed for max leveled players, who deserve a "reward" for reaching this far.

Looking at the direction PL is going, this could be possible in the near future.
    Retired PL user.
    Away- Level 37 Support Enchantress
    Dictionary- Level 17 Smart bird
    IGetPooedOn- Level 28 Tank bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am glad everyone is liking it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in