Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon Equality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Banned: Stop hating on warriors needing improvements, because they really do.

From the weapons, to the repetitve skill set, to the fact that they actually require all three stats to function properly (unless they guzzle pots or go for croc m/s gear) Warriors are the weakest class.
    This is not about daggers and archers, its about having a balanced game where the tanks can actually function as such.

Archers are by far the most refined class and have the most versatility. And even with my armor wand nerfed, i for one am tired of having to tank with mage shield when i throw AoE bombs.

Warriors need a lot of improvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Banned: Stop hating on warriors needing improvements, because they really do.

From the weapons, to the repetitve skill set, to the fact that they actually require all three stats to function properly (unless they guzzle pots or go for croc m/s gear) Warriors are the weakest class.
    This is not about daggers and archers, its about having a balanced game where the tanks can actually function as such.

Archers are by far the most refined class and have the most versatility. And even with my armor wand nerfed, i for one am tired of having to tank with mage shield when i throw AoE bombs.

Warriors need a lot of improvement.
    I agree, warriors are the weakest class, and therefore warriors need a lot of improvement.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Archers are the most refined, but they are pretty balanced with mages.
    It's just the Warriors that need to be brought up and and it shouldn't be a prelonging issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by iNFaMous View Post
    Archers are the most refined, but they are pretty balanced with mages.
    It's just the Warriors that need to be brought up and and it shouldn't be a prelonging issue
    This is not true at all. Mages are just as underpowered in regards to the benefits they receive from their stats, and by extensions their gear. For example mages receive no damage bonuses from intelligence, just like warriors receive no damage from strength. In fact the two classes are very similar in this respect. Mages gain .5 mana points per point of int, and it takes 50 mana to give 1 point of m/s. That is all they get from intelligence.

If you would like to know more, read this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Legends-Guild

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This is not true at all. Mages are just as underpowered in regards to the benefits they receive from their stats, and by extensions their gear. For example mages receive no damage bonuses from intelligence, just like warriors receive no damage from strength. In fact the two classes are very similar in this respect. Mages gain .5 mana points per point of int, and it takes 50 mana to give 1 point of m/s. That is all they get from intelligence.

If you would like to know more, read this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Legends-Guild
    But mages are still a good character due to their list of usefull skills. Multiple aoe spells make crowd clearing a blast, so to speak.

Warriors are gimped, firstly in weapons, secondly in skills. For a character class which cannot kite and must rush into the fray, they dont really have a good skillset to deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    But mages are still a good character due to their list of usefull skills. Multiple aoe spells make crowd clearing a blast, so to speak.

Warriors are gimped, firstly in weapons, secondly in skills. For a character class which cannot kite and must rush into the fray, they dont really have a good skillset to deal with it.
    I'm not saying that warriors don't need work, i'm saying that mages obviously need to be fixed as well. Btw when done properly a level 30 warrior tank specced is able to hold agro well. What warriors can't do properly atm is put out sustained dps. Level 30 warriors with 2h weapons and a 93 strength / 45+ dex build can put out high burst damage with the right (aka best) gear. Both classes need work is all that i'm saying. But seriously, the best stat for mages right now is dex and many of the high level mages are using bows. Its not like the warriors are using full int builds and using wands... unless you look at that wand warrior post. Anyway that was an attempt at humor but the point is both need work.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

personally, I think that stats are not balanced. str and int dont give enough bonuses as compared to dex.

But I think the melee weapons need a damage boost to compete with daggers attack speed. Rather then nerf daggers, buff swords.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not saying that warriors don't need work, i'm saying that mages obviously need to be fixed as well. Btw when done properly a level 30 warrior tank specced is able to hold agro well. What warriors can't do properly atm is put out sustained dps. Level 30 warriors with 2h weapons and a 93 strength / 45+ dex build can put out high burst damage with the right (aka best) gear. Both classes need work is all that i'm saying. But seriously, the best stat for mages right now is dex and many of the high level mages are using bows. Its not like the warriors are using full int builds and using wands... unless you look at that wand warrior post. Anyway that was an attempt at humor but the point is both need work.
    Would you care to explain what build that tank might have? I have lv 5 Stomp, Taunt, Evasion & Beckon. 50 : 50 Str to Dex.
    Yet I struggle to maintain any aggro and when I do I have to repeatedly tap my pots while getting critted 335 by a Normal monster ( with a healer present ).

And I'm pretty sure the reason you don't see int build warriors is because it would not benefit them at all, neither would it cater to their skillset.
    Last edited by iNFaMous; 04-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.