Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon Equality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Your making the argument that your weak because you are adding strength. SIMPLY DON'T ADD STRENGTH. It's not that hard to understand. If your weapons are nearly useless the simply DON'T USE THEM. Just use a dagger if you don't think your 1h and 2h aren't strong enough. And about what you said about how the point I made was the same as your previous one. You said that your Warrior gets killed by bosses easily. I then stated that dagger Archers get killed easiy by EVERYTHING. And if you just won't except the fact that a Warrior CAN use dex then I think it might be time for you to switch over to the Archer side if you dislike your Warrior so much.
    To sum that up for you, you think,
    We should ignore the fact that Warrior Weapons and the Strength Stat on a Whole should be useless in comparison to Daggers & Dexterity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What I have been trying to say is simply that I don't want daggers to be downgraded. I'm all for improvent toward the Warrior class but your also asking for the devs to screw over dagger Archers because you don't find it fair. Why can't the Warrior just be improved without dagger Archers having to be crapped on in the process?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well do me a favor and quote me where I've asked for Anything to be down graded.

The objective i had for this thread was for acknowledgment that Warriors have a very short straw in terms of weapon choice to Damage output if they intend to Follow a Warrior ( Strength ) Path.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The first post I did on this thread was addressing the people that wanted to have the dagger downgraded. You responded to my post and therefore I assume you think that downgrading the dagger is a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that the same argument could be made for upgrading weapons. Under-power is always better than over-power. I don't think that changing either weapons is a good idea, but making something less powerful is always better than making something more powerful, as long as everything balances in the end. A good compromise might be throwing in a couple of good dagger skills in there, like a sneak attack or something that would allow the archer to do a ridiculous amount of damage, but give it a moderate recharge.
    Theodor- level 23 ursan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

^^^ Thats pretty good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Your making the argument that your weak because you are adding strength. SIMPLY DON'T ADD STRENGTH. It's not that hard to understand. If your weapons are nearly useless the simply DON'T USE THEM. Just use a dagger if you don't think your 1h and 2h aren't strong enough. And about what you said about how the point I made was the same as your previous one. You said that your Warrior gets killed by bosses easily. I then stated that dagger Archers get killed easiy by EVERYTHING. And if you just won't except the fact that a Warrior CAN use dex then I think it might be time for you to switch over to the Archer side if you dislike your Warrior so much.
    Nobody likes to see a toon half your level with more dps than himself. My 25 bear gets outdps'd by anybody carrying a dagger above level 10, be it a bear bird or chantress.

By the way the evasion skill for chickens was a bug. They didn't nerf dagger chickens, just made them what they were meant to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think that what would solve this problem is to make the warrior over powered and a lot better with some really good skills, and add in just a few improvments to the archer class. But what would really solve the problem is a theif/rogue/assassin class and a squirrel as the avatar for that class. so that archer would not be able to use daggers.

Here is a great idea by dakkine.

This might be a little more off in the future but, sounds like fun for players and a money maker for spacetime...

How about making the warrior a little more like a paladin, with some decent self heal skill and maybe a strong shielding (+defense) skill, this would be nice since the war is kinda lame past lvl 13.

Also, everyone loves a thief/assassin class. duel wield daggers, higher % for loot, steal gold, invisibility...

After these new classes the next major update would require maybe 2 new attributes. This would take a little thinking, but the 3 right now could easily be spread out a little more. This would give every character a little more variation and allow for more customized builds.

maybe...

STR
    Strength still increases hp
    hp regen
    damage is more for 1H weps
    also slightly for all base damage

DEX
    hit %
    affects crit
    more damage for ranged, 2H weps, duel wield...

AGI (agility)
    overall movement speed
    attack speed
    dodge
    slightly improves crit

INT
    same old basicaly
    magic damage
    mana pool size
    mp regen

FOC (focus)
    slightly improves both hp and mp regen
    faster skill cast rate (maybe even skill duration)
    very small + hit% and + crit%
    Last edited by Flamin; 04-16-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Warriors should be tons better, and have a massive area damage skill. The archer class would just have a few improvements. But what I think would really solve this problem. Archers should be archers with lots of damage and dps with bows and not daggers, archers should have very little defence/armor but a reasonable amount of health. Warriors should be warriors like tanks with massive, huge, high damage, and great, huge health and defence/armor, Warriors should absolutely NOT be just underpowered grunts, like they are now. Assassins should be assassins with daggers and massive damage and extremely good dps, with quite a lot of defense but not even close to as much as the warrior, and a little (not a very little) health, assassins should have extreemely good dodging, assassins should have quite a bit less damage than the warrior. Please post your comments about this post.

The warrior and assassin should be better (have higher damage and health and armor and regen) than the enchantress and archer because warriors and assassins are melee and are hit alot more by enemies, exept the assassin would not be hit as much by enemies because assassins would have very high dodge rating/percentage. Esepcially the warrior should have higher regen and a self healing skill (a healing skill kind of like what the healing skill for the archer is now). And I really, really think the avatar for the assassin class should be a squirrel and im leaning toward a non humanoid squirrel because a squirrel's looks are very nice as they are (thanks to mothernature) and they are extemely fast and have extremely good reflexes. I have a squirrel trap and ive seen one squirrel trigger the trap then actually get out before the spring snap the door shut(now that is FAST!). Even my german shepard dog has not ever cought a squirrel(but he has been 2 feet from catching a squirrel though).
    Last edited by Flamin; 04-16-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The way you wanna solve this problem is to completely over power a class. That isn't a very good idea seeing how the whole thread is arguing against having a certain class being so over powered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything Class & Skill wise is fine.

Its the Weapon stats that need tweaking,
    There are 3 solutions:

1. Strength as a Stat needs to have more emphasis on damage ( possibly hp )

2. Daggers needs to either be slowed or preferably the damage reduced ( Daggers are and should be Fast)

3. The most Obvious solution is making Warrior Weapons Alot more effective damage wise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think now wands will have there armor nerfed to 0 that they should have a higher dps boost to make them viable over staves.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. -Groucho Marx
    jetshrike-My Enchantress level 22
    RangerJet-My Archer level 14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this was just a case of wanting daggers to be a good weapon with high stats on it. All the lvl "x" weapons have pretty close to the same numbers dps wise on the item, I think someone just forgot that swing speed means a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jetshrike View Post
    I think now wands will have there armor nerfed to 0 that they should have a higher dps boost to make them viable over staves.
    If you mean the Very high Armor rating they had, i believe it has been fixed now as it was a bug.

From my views of wands and staves they are fairly balanced, with the speed rating included, but Enchantresses shouldn't base opinions on that because its normal attack motivated, they have real unstable damage as far as AoEs to make a Good conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iNFaMous View Post
    Everything Class & Skill wise is fine.

Its the Weapon stats that need tweaking,
    There are 3 solutions:

1. Strength as a Stat needs to have more emphasis on damage ( possibly hp )

2. Daggers needs to either be slowed or preferably the damage reduced ( Daggers are and should be Fast)

3. The most Obvious solution is making Warrior Weapons Alot more effective damage wise
    STR DEFINITELY needs to affect HP. No other class needs to drop points into this attribute as much (if at all) like Warriors do. Therefore it should provide some additional bonus for the parent class that uses it, i.e. Warriors - HP/DMG

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This might be slightly off-topic, but I think the real problem isn't daggers. The problem is that warriors have no incentive to beef up their strength because it doesn't give you much advantage.. Warrior gear isn't powerful enough, specifically armor, it needs to be about double what it is now so that they can effectively tank in the new, harder dungeons.

I don't play my warrior much lately because I take way too much damage and even when I have an enchantress playing with me the heal spell ruins everything because it draws waaaaay too much aggro/threat and then I can't tank. And since I take so much damage they have to heal a lot and I'm constantly losing control of mobs.

Sorry for my random, disconnected commentary. In short: the warrior class needs to be revisited.
    Last edited by nerdherd; 04-16-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Flamin- Haha, I love how having the avatar is a major component of the solution. FTW!

But as I said in my earlier post, I don't think that making something stronger is a solution, finding an intermediate is what will work. Otherwise things will just spiral upwards until everything is ridiculously strong.
    Last edited by Buvet; 04-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Theodor- level 23 ursan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
    This might be slightly off-topic, but I think the real problem isn't daggers. The problem is that warriors have no incentive to beef up their strength because it doesn't give you much advantage.. Warrior gear isn't powerful enough, specifically armor, it needs to be about double what it is now so that they can effectively tank in the new, harder dungeons.

I don't play my warrior much lately because I take way too much damage and even when I have an enchantress playing with me the heal spell ruins everything because it draws waaaaay too much aggro/threat and then I can't tank. And since I take so much damage they have to heal a lot and I'm constantly losing control of mobs.

Sorry for my random, disconnected commentary. In short: the warrior class needs to be revisited.
    Thats not off-topic, its the same point in a different view,
    Warriors just need some Tweaking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post

Yes I agree, and the damage for the warrior needs to be a lot, a ton better too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...............I don't think the warrior is bad, just it's interaction with the other classes
    Theodor- level 23 ursan