Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A take on bans

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default A take on bans

hi guys,
    like a wise man once said "the true fear of a wealthy man is his wealth"
    i got items in game which i would not like to lose in the near future.
    and "playing fair " does not give a gooood idea of what i should avoid and what not.
    i really would like to know the cause of bans..

i know this type of topic was flagged saying that cheaters will find loopholes and avoid getting bans by G himself but..

i would like to know the major cases of bans which are not mentioned in the ToS in a set of words more UNDERSTANDABLE.

the things i know people get banned are for some reasons... (or i think)

1.)trying to use hackbot sites.
    2.)impersonating devs.
    3.)transferring huge sums to alts
    4.)acc sharing

These i dont think are mentioned in the ToS explicitly.
    i think a post has to be made IN GAME saying all the reasons of bans.

the thing is... all of ARLOR knows sts is very very strict about perma-bans..
    so i think you should put up a huge bulletin of rules (which if broken) will result in(what type) of ban!

This will ensure many people to rest easy.
    i think playing fair and breaking some unknown rule by indulging in some unknown talk could get you banned..

if a exhaustive rule list was put up and shared to all people and THEN the banning process is carried out.. i think that is better.
    and if it would come..

i personally would abide by it to the fullest and also be happy that i am not at risk if i do a particular thing or say something..

ty

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nightwatched For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

+1

I agree, there should be a bulletin board like the LB one but unique (In Game) With all the rules of the ToS Implemented and stating the "Do Not's" and especially to help raising a red flag to warn new players who

just discovered AL to be careful of certain scams like for Example, Those phiser sites

And the best way to make sure the new comers who join the game read the ToS rules on the bulletin board, is to add a quest specifically for discovering the bulletin board and

rewarding the player with a title like for example ---> [New Legend] Or [The Adventurer] Oh, or [New beginning]
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 03-25-2018 at 05:17 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Here is everything that can possibly get you accidentally banned ( well... atleast everything i can think off ) :

using a different language : whats that ? 20 mutes per day ? BAN ! ... no seriously idk how many mutes it takes to get a ban , but trying to type in a diffident language is a fast way to find out .

Name selling : if you delete a name and then transfer an amount of gold to the account that reserved that name .. that would look suspicious even if its accidental like trading or buying items from cs .

Gold selling : Any suspicious transaction of huge amounts of gold to a new account/alt ( i think i have an idea of how sts determines this , just make sure to log into the new account from all devices that you use to play AL before moving the gold )

Botting : just dont do it , you wont be accidentally banned for this one unless you look like a zombie running hauntlet 24/7

Chat bots : you might be accidentally banned if you paste a suspicious link in chat , dont say something like .... " guys dont visit the site [site name thats currently spammed by bots] " im guessing sts uses an auto-ban system for this , i dont think it cares what you write before or after typing the link .

acc sharing : just be careful from what and from where you log into your account , i dont know what sts has access to besides the IP , but doing something like constantly changing ip's and devices will make you look rather suspicious .

- question to devs : i sometimes use a nice little script that routes all traffic trough tor , if one day i forget to disable it and log into AL , will it raise some red flags for account sharing ?

----------------------------------------these are my guesses on what gets people banned on accident , nothing is confirmed by devs--------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 03-25-2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: im living up to the name "derp"

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

+1 for this idea because I know some people play this game, they don't have forums and never heard of "tos"..would be nice if u can implement the dos and don't on the lb for people to refresh on...make it simple..u don't have to use big words just for people to understand

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TipsyLife View Post
    +1 for this idea because I know some people play this game, they don't have forums and never heard of "tos"..would be nice if u can implement the dos and don't on the lb for people to refresh on...make it simple..u don't have to use big words just for people to understand

perhaps it can be placed in a community writen guide book that can also contain a proper tutorial for new players

*cough*suggested a million times*cough*

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

If sts lists specifically the situations one can get banned for, there maybe cases that cannot be foreseen at a given time and offenders may say that -this was not mentioned on the official list- and try to get away. Moreover offenders are usually a certain type of player, and sts should catch them unawares. If they already hint/warn about each and every TOS break then those players will try to find a workaround.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

It's already in game before you log in, and kids don't read it there...

Name:  image.png
Views: 2483
Size:  307.3 KB

And as Zynzyn said, more specific gives kids ideas for work arounds. Besides that sts has the right to change or interperate things as they choose.
    It's not hard to not get banned, I don't see any need really.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Here is everything that can possibly get you accidentally banned ( well... atleast everything i can think off ) :

using a different language : whats that ? 20 mutes per day ? BAN ! ... no seriously idk how many mutes it takes to get a ban , but trying to type in a diffident language is a fast way to find out .

Name selling : if you delete a name and then transfer an amount of gold to the account that reserved that name .. that would look suspicious even if its accidental like trading or buying items from cs .

Gold selling : Any suspicious transaction of huge amounts of gold to a new account/alt ( i think i have an idea of how sts determines this , just make sure to log into the new account from all devices that you use to play AL before moving the gold )

Botting : just dont do it , you wont be accidentally banned for this one unless you look like a zombie running hauntlet 24/7

Chat bots : you might be accidentally banned if you paste a suspicious link in chat , dont say something like .... " guys dont visit the site [site name thats currently spammed by bots] " im guessing sts uses an auto-ban system for this , i dont think it cares what you write before or after typing the link .

acc sharing : just be careful from what and from where you log into your account , i dont know what sts has access to besides the IP , but doing something like constantly changing ip's and devices will make you look rather suspicious .

- question to devs : i sometimes use a nice little script that routes all traffic trough tor , if one day i forget to disable it and log into AL , will it raise some red flags for account sharing ?

----------------------------------------these are my guesses on what gets people banned on accident , nothing is confirmed by devs--------------------------------------------------
    omg.. i did not have a near clue to whether these are ban-able.

guys.. for the people who are saying no to this.. just think about the new players.

it will make them really aware of what not to do in Arlor.
    moreover i think if you post it out there...the rate of this can even fall im sure..
    some newbies really need solid instructions and mainly the ToS is not effective for these reasons:
    1.) It is under login page and psychologically i have never clicked it in my 4 years in Al except when i got on forum a year back.
    think about the newbies.
    2.)The wording in thy ToS, is JUST too hard to interpret COMPARED to what is actually happening and which can get you banned.

The people who are saying the people can get away with their scams...
    my thing is.. let them escape and run and hide..BUT
    What harm do the scammers pose when the whole population of Arlor is warned about all types of thefts/scams/trashtalk/impersonation etc are warned to all the new and OLD plahers beforehand.

i really think this should be implemented..
    it should include a exhaustive list because there many things that hurt me in the game recently and people should be notified OFFICIALLY that what they are trying to pull off is illegal and is etched somewhere permanently in Arlor.

and

I think this will surely reduce the "Why am i banned" threads
    ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

You can get banned from using a diff language?!?
    Lol this is as bad as me finding out just yesterday that there is a /v for visiting houses.
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 03-25-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    It's already in game before you log in, and kids don't read it there...

Name:  image.png
Views: 2483
Size:  307.3 KB

And as Zynzyn said, more specific gives kids ideas for work arounds. Besides that sts has the right to change or interperate things as they choose.
    It's not hard to not get banned, I don't see any need really.
    A lot of people don’t read the TOS before playing the game. They just scroll all the way to the bottom and click accept. Then they wonder why they got banned. If you don’t read the TOS the more likely you are to getting banned. A good rule of thumb is to review the rules once in awhile to refresh your memory. It will reduce the number of “why am I banned” threads on the forums. Not to mention a lot of ppl are immature and think they can get away with anything and they won’t get caught.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

If I have to ask myself, is this shady or against tos? Then I assume the answer is yes and don’t do it.

It worked out well. Never got banned even by accident.

I travel a lot but generally I use my phone or computer and in rare cases the computers in my university/ families.

P.s. I got like 4 brothers who also play AL on same devices and alternate turns and none of us have gotten banned.

General things to avoid

- don’t scam ( misleading or accidental trades count too )
    - don’t share accounts or sell gold
    - don’t use macros or cheats or scripts.
    - don’t curse or swear
    - don’t fake transaction or apply for refund after buying plat
    - don’t abuse plat offers
    - don’t hack
    - ( rare ) during windmore event, don’t keep creating new characters to get 3 free energy and try loot tavern. Exploits like this will get u banned.

Misconceptions about banning:

- you won’t get banned for having multiple accounts
    - you won’t get banned for transferring gold to those twink accounts/chars ( as long as you aren’t selling those accounts with gold ) like use as gold storage
    - playing in different accounts at the same time (e.g running Arena )
    -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    @Azerothraven how do you even abuse plat offers? Do you just lie about completing ads so they will give you free plat?
    There was a guy who told me he used to do offers where you needed to download and app and make a purchase in the downloaded app to get like 1-2k plat per offer. He used to fake these transaction and made a lot of plat and He was as rich as me doing it for a day. Hint: it wasn’t worth never being able to play again and loosing all he earned before.

All his accounts and devices was banned within 24 hours permanently. He moved now cuz he knew what he did wrong like many of u should who make why am I banned threads on forum.

I don’t know how he did it but even if I knew, I wouldn’t attempt something like this. STS are pro’s and even though they don’t say much, they have eyes everywhere and know when something needs to be done.

If you think you found a loop hole, chances are STS has found it too. Be safe! Only saying this for educational purpose and don’t try anything that seems dodgy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 03-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

You can get banned from using a diff language?!?
    Lol this is as bad as me finding out just yesterday that there is a /v for visiting houses.
    well , you cant get banned for using a diff language but you can get banned if you get muted a lot . With the way sts chat filter works , you will often get randomly muted while trying to type something .
    Example : french word for shower ( this is a rather obvious one , sometimes i have no idea what caused the mute )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

well , you cant get banned for using a diff language but you can get banned if you get muted a lot . With the way sts chat filter works , you will often get randomly muted while trying to type something .
    Example : french word for shower ( this is a rather obvious one , sometimes i have no idea what caused the mute )
    Yeah it got so ridiculous that I unfiltered the chat. I got muted for typos. TYPOS, for crying out loud!!! :')
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 03-25-2018 at 08:42 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Yeah it got so ridiculous that I unfiltered the chat. I got muted for typos. TYPOS, for crying out loud!!! :')
    LOL... I know what you mean, for real.
    Currently Playing:
    Aype [71 Mage] Rehired [61 Rogue]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Some of the words that are used in-game by NPCs and mobs are slightly offensive here in the u.k. For instance..sod off and arse. We Brits had a good laugh at the npc who was taking unwanted eggs and I'm not going to say what another word is here. So what is acceptable in some places is not acceptable in others. Also..the accent used by the pirates, which is still used in some parts of South West England has been mispelt a few times. Going back to the topic of this thread, I agree that some of the reasons for being banned should be made clearer. I still have no idea what plat farming is...I don't use the offers but someone said it's something to do with that and also I'm confused about people having different accounts. If I'm still in the dark after all these years then I imagine some new players don't have a clue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It's true the tos are mentioned in the game but some of the terms are not mentioned or are hard to understand sometimes
    I would like to know if someone wants to give a friend of his some amount of gold as a help or loan just to get something he wants and he lack certain amount of gold at that parti time so helping him is banned?and if not how can we pass him the gold without fearing that sts might ban us thinking that wer are doing stuffs against tos? Coz i have heard some ppl have been banned for this to .m only asking this tbh coz once ppl are banned it's really hard to know why they are coz in mails it's just ur banned for doing stuff against tos .if in any case sts can be a bit more clear about wt rule ppl voilated in mails would be more helpful coz some ppl got banned for no reason to and r still figuring out WT rules they have voilated .ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

A lot of people don’t read the TOS before playing the game. They just scroll all the way to the bottom and click accept. Then they wonder why they got banned. If you don’t read the TOS the more likely you are to getting banned. A good rule of thumb is to review the rules once in awhile to refresh your memory. It will reduce the number of “why am I banned” threads on the forums. Not to mention a lot of ppl are immature and think they can get away with anything and they won’t get caught.
    Lmaoo seriously, c'mon who reads TOS..noobs will just click accept..I didn't find out about the TOS untill a year ago and I been playing for 4 years now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TipsyLife View Post
    Lmaoo seriously, c'mon who reads TOS..noobs will just click accept..I didn't find out about the TOS untill a year ago and I been playing for 4 years now

Let me tell you a secret. *Leans closer*
    I didn't read it either!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It is a good idea to read at least one TOS. I have read many of them and they are almost all the same. Other games ban as well, pretty much for the same reasons.

What I hear about people being banned involves fraud, the type that is against most countries' laws, i.e. they received goods (plat), use it in game to purchase game items, and did not pay for it using real life money. Real life fraud will get you in trouble with various law enforcement agencies and every company bans for it.

Star light, star bright...