Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A take on bans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    It is a good idea to read at least one TOS. I have read many of them and they are almost all the same. Other games ban as well, pretty much for the same reason
    To avoid me getting banned or in trouble with sts, I do once in awhile read the TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    It's true the tos are mentioned in the game but some of the terms are not mentioned or are hard to understand sometimes
    I would like to know if someone wants to give a friend of his some amount of gold as a help or loan just to get something he wants and he lack certain amount of gold at that parti time so helping him is banned?and if not how can we pass him the gold without fearing that sts might ban us thinking that wer are doing stuffs against tos? Coz i have heard some ppl have been banned for this to .m only asking this tbh coz once ppl are banned it's really hard to know why they are coz in mails it's just ur banned for doing stuff against tos .if in any case sts can be a bit more clear about wt rule ppl voilated in mails would be more helpful coz some ppl got banned for no reason to and r still figuring out WT rules they have voilated .ty
    I once bought 70m worth of gold loot gear to farm ( made like 15m and got bored ) so ended up giving them to my brother to farm with. He gave it back obviously and then I sold the set later on for 80m.

But I guess my case is different since he is my brother and we live together and I didnt make him give me anything back in return plus I introduced AL to him so was just helping him to make a bit of gold. he farmed like 5m lol noob ik.

Bottomline: If you are genuinely helping, you can be rest assured you won't get banned. I previously bought gears for friends in-game ranging from 5-10m but they scammed me so dont trust randoms. It is kindly like giving away your gold which you can't be banned for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I once bought 70m worth of gold loot gear to farm ( made like 15m and got bored ) so ended up giving them to my brother to farm with. He gave it back obviously and then I sold the set later on for 80m.

But I guess my case is different since he is my brother and we live together and I didnt make him give me anything back in return plus I introduced AL to him so was just helping him to make a bit of gold. he farmed like 5m lol noob ik.

Bottomline: If you are genuinely helping, you can be rest assured you won't get banned. I previously bought gears for friends in-game ranging from 5-10m but they scammed me so dont trust randoms. It is kindly like giving away your gold which you can't be banned for.
    Wts ur saying is of lending stuffs it's different WT i am asking is of pure gold lending or helping friends.those two different things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got banned 2 years ago just for said Western union in game. I asked for proofs because they said Ban for sell gold in game, but they Never gave me proofs about that only repeat ban for sell or buy gold in game zzzzz And i only speak spanish in game!!.
    My ign: Darkluciferxx

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Latinman View Post
    I got banned 2 years ago just for said Western union in game. I asked for proofs because they said Ban for sell gold in game, but they Never gave me proofs about that only repeat ban for sell or buy gold in game zzzzz And i only speak spanish in game!!.
    My ign: Darkluciferxx
    C'mon man, you very specifically asked to buy an account!

We ban people who do things that harm the community or our business. Those that we ban almost always proclaim innocence (like the above poster).

We do offer ways to view the TOS in game, and here on the forums, but it has been said a few times already in this thread:

Don't do things you think you should not do and you generally won't get banned.

If you do get banned and think it is by accident, let us know, we are generally very quick to rectify those situations.

If you are just playing innocent then you needn't bother, and sometimes we'll actually spider out and ban the rest of your accounts.

In short:

Play nice people!
    Last edited by Justg; 03-26-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

i jus feel if we get a CLEAR set of rules, we would abide by its every word.
    but
    atm we dont know what we do is after all a ban-able offence or not.

i can see playing super fair is no worry but some situations will prompt you to take a bit risky route but still fair.. bit what if that gets a ban..
    if we knew each and every thing to NOT do.. we will not even go in those small mistaken paths not just for the community but also for the sake of our time, money and effort spent in game.

*a small example:

There was once a talk with my friend who slowly asked me to get a suitable good ign for my charactar and proceeded to talk about it even when i said thos shouldnt be done..
    he even offered an ign to me for an item i had. Should i proceed to talk to him anf make him understand on this topic or unfriend and leave?..
    what if the "explaining to him" part is somehow used against me...

ty

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatched View Post
    i jus feel if we get a CLEAR set of rules, we would abide by its every word.
    but
    atm we dont know what we do is after all a ban-able offence or not.

i can see playing super fair is no worry but some situations will prompt you to take a bit risky route but still fair.. bit what if that gets a ban..
    if we knew each and every thing to NOT do.. we will not even go in those small mistaken paths not just for the community but also for the sake of our time, money and effort spent in game.

*a small example:

There was once a talk with my friend who slowly asked me to get a suitable good ign for my charactar and proceeded to talk about it even when i said thos shouldnt be done..
    he even offered an ign to me for an item i had. Should i proceed to talk to him anf make him understand on this topic or unfriend and leave?..
    what if the "explaining to him" part is somehow used against me...

ty
    In this case we should be able to clearly see you were not trying to sell your name by your chat.

"Do Right and Fear Not"

(this is some of my favorite graffiti scrawled on the wall at our local watering hole)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

I think what's happened is some people have protested their innocence so convincingly that we've believed them when they've said they got a ban just for giving someone a lot of gold. They most likely did something quite different. I remember when people would come online to say their account had been hacked and stolen. When I asked how that could possibly happen, they would act all mysterious and say it can happen to anyone. For almost a year I played as a guest because of that lie. That takes me back a few years... *nostalgic moment*.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Not one person has admitted to me that they gave out their logins or emails. Ever. They prefer to say someone mysteriously guessed their login after a few billion tries. Because this is the biggest game in the world, of course.

Or their brother/cousin/uncle/friend did it.

Star light, star bright...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Multiple accounts open in chrome.
    That one got me when everyone was opening effigies that way for orc tags for glintset. Didn’t even know it was against ToS and after a brief skim over them, still didn’t find the section it was mentioned in.
    But, it’s like getting scammed, most of us learn from our mistake and don’t do it again! #currencycommassavelives

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    In this case we should be able to clearly see you were not trying to sell your name by your chat.

"Do Right and Fear Not"

(this is some of my favorite graffiti scrawled on the wall at our local watering hole)
    WOW!
    ty for clarification...
    I get what your saying G, but can i please get clarified about another instance..
    i have 2 brothers who play this game.. sometimes they borrow my stuff and i restrain from giving them gold whatsover because i thought its ban-able via forums..
    they both arent on forums.

what if my they do something banable in their acc and i mean a literally a ban-able offence.
    would i be banned also - if he has used my devices at home. (which mostly, i play on.. )

we only have 2 pcs at home and they sometimes logged in to their accs via both including my pc which i use for my acc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hi guys,
    like a wise man once said "the true fear of a wealthy man is his wealth"
    i got items in game which i would not like to lose in the near future.
    and "playing fair " does not give a gooood idea of what i should avoid and what not.
    i really would like to know the cause of bans..

i know this type of topic was flagged saying that cheaters will find loopholes and avoid getting bans by G himself but..

i would like to know the major cases of bans which are not mentioned in the ToS in a set of words more UNDERSTANDABLE.

the things i know people get banned are for some reasons... (or i think)

1.)trying to use hackbot sites.
    2.)impersonating devs.
    3.)transferring huge sums to alts
    4.)acc sharing

These i dont think are mentioned in the ToS explicitly.
    i think a post has to be made IN GAME saying all the reasons of bans.

the thing is... all of ARLOR knows sts is very very strict about perma-bans..
    so i think you should put up a huge bulletin of rules (which if broken) will result in(what type) of ban!

This will ensure many people to rest easy.
    i think playing fair and breaking some unknown rule by indulging in some unknown talk could get you banned..

if a exhaustive rule list was put up and shared to all people and THEN the banning process is carried out.. i think that is better.
    and if it would come..

i personally would abide by it to the fullest and also be happy that i am not at risk if i do a particular thing or say something..

ty
    Agree

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

hi guys,
    like a wise man once said "the true fear of a wealthy man is his wealth"
    i got items in game which i would not like to lose in the near future.
    and "playing fair " does not give a gooood idea of what i should avoid and what not.
    i really would like to know the cause of bans..

i know this type of topic was flagged saying that cheaters will find loopholes and avoid getting bans by G himself but..

i would like to know the major cases of bans which are not mentioned in the ToS in a set of words more UNDERSTANDABLE.

the things i know people get banned are for some reasons... (or i think)

1.)trying to use hackbot sites.
    2.)impersonating devs.
    3.)transferring huge sums to alts
    4.)acc sharing

These i dont think are mentioned in the ToS explicitly.
    i think a post has to be made IN GAME saying all the reasons of bans.

the thing is... all of ARLOR knows sts is very very strict about perma-bans..
    so i think you should put up a huge bulletin of rules (which if broken) will result in(what type) of ban!

This will ensure many people to rest easy.
    i think playing fair and breaking some unknown rule by indulging in some unknown talk could get you banned..

if a exhaustive rule list was put up and shared to all people and THEN the banning process is carried out.. i think that is better.
    and if it would come..

i personally would abide by it to the fullest and also be happy that i am not at risk if i do a particular thing or say something..

ty
    +1

This is because I recently got banned under "Violating Terms of service"

I have not done anything wrong or illegal in game and was banned out of the blue. The ban time is forever. I've wrote to support but have failed to receive an answer

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cvrrent View Post
    This is because I recently got banned under "Violating Terms of service" I have not done anything wrong or illegal in game and was banned out of the blue.
    Does this sound familiar:

Cvrrent: Need a good ign. You know someone selling?
    Cvrrent: I was buying igns. So wanted to know

Anyone seeing a pattern here?
    | | | |

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Does this sound familiar:

Cvrrent:Need a good ign. You know someone selling?
    Cvrrent:I was buying igns. So wanted to know

Anyone seeing a pattern here?
    I like how u tell people offense on forums...it's a fast reply and people can know asap...continue to do this more often

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TipsyLife View Post
    Lmaoo seriously, c'mon who reads TOS..noobs will just click accept..I didn't find out about the TOS untill a year ago and I been playing for 4 years now

Umm... I'm THAT person that reads ToS's, user manuals and any rules just because.

I'm weird, I know.
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TipsyLife View Post
    I like how u tell people offense on forums...it's a fast reply and people can know asap...continue to do this more often

Big no. Think about the consequences of this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sariita View Post
    Umm... I'm THAT person that reads ToS's, user manuals and any rules just because.

I'm weird, I know.
    Why would you do that when you can find out the hard way ...
    Haha jk. I'm that kind of person who doesn't read manuals, finds out how to do it herself, only because she doesn't have the patience for it.
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 03-28-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Big no. Think about the consequences of this
    Consequences of what exactly?

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I wish people read TOS, and Forum rules.
    I wish people have common sense, social ethics and kindness.
    I wish people give constructive comments instead of ranting.
    I wish people help others instead of quoting others to preach about it.
    I wish people stop quotting others to start pointless conversations that adds no value to their existence.
    I wish everything to be fair.

But then...
    Some people are stupid and there is no medicine to cure that.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: