Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pl bday teaser ... Crazy eights!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Looks great! One question, to spawn "Birfday Bones" (while wearing helm and shield) do we kill mobs or smash chests? This seems to have been unclear at first during the last few spawning events thanks!
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well done to 8 years of pocket legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The Elite crafted "BIRTHDAY BUCKLER"...

Attachment 167538
    Just for clarification, this shield will not be a vanity, correct?
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Looks dope!
    P.s. there are no chests in higher lvls... Can the boss drop from mob kills?. I have the maze plat still going and I don't want to waste it... Gotta farm lel

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Attachment 167466 Attachment 167467

It's been eight years since we launched...

Pocket Legends, the world's first real-time 3D MMO for mobile devices launched on the Apple iPad on April 10th, 2010.
    This year we have a special event planned to celebrate! Starting at 12am Texas time on April 10th, 2018 you can hunt for a special Vanity Vendor ("Crazy Abe") that sells our brand new 8th Birthday Helm and Shield (8 Plat each).
    Wear both items for a chance to spawn "BIRFDAY BONES" as you adventure, and loot his array of brand new Party Hats and special 'Crazy 8' shields with stats (8 to all base stats, +8 to select stats depending upon level).

New Achievements!
    + Wear the Crazy Eight Cake and the Birthday Cake Shield to unlock the "Birthday Basher" Achievement.
    + Collect all eight (8) of the New 2018 Party Hats to unlock "The Happy Hatter" Achievement.

Special Level 105 Shield!
    + Combine the Level 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100 Crazy Eight Shields to create the Elite "BIRTHDAY BUCKLER"
    + This crafted Elite off-hand item gives +88 to Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Health, Mana, Damage and Armor!
    + Note: You'll need to talk to "Crazy Abe" (and you must own the Cake Hat and Cake Shield) in order to craft this item.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I fail to see the point in making the crazy 88 shield. It's level 105, but much worse for my stats than elite 105 set shield. I can't wear it as vanity, I can't wear it on low level toons. The appearance is, like, fine, I guess, but it's pretty generic and not super cool-looking. Is there something about the crazy 88 shield that is cool and awesome and makes it desirable, and that I'm simply failing to grasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ortalan View Post
    I fail to see the point in making the crazy 88 shield. It's level 105, but much worse for my stats than elite 105 set shield. I can't wear it as vanity, I can't wear it on low level toons. The appearance is, like, fine, I guess, but it's pretty generic and not super cool-looking. Is there something about the crazy 88 shield that is cool and awesome and makes it desirable, and that I'm simply failing to grasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Originally, I thought the shield was a level 105 vanity that added +88 to stats because a non-vanity level 105 shield that adds +88 stats sounds utterly useless when there are far better shields. A vanity like that would have been a very sought-after vanity.

The only use of the elite Crazy 88 shield seems to be standing around towne and showing it off. You cannot use it in either PvP or PvE, so it doesn't have a practical use. In my opinion, we already have far too many rare non-vanity items that are essentially worthless because they don't have a practical use due to their underwhelming stats, they are not visually appealing, or there's a lack of demand for items of that particular level.

With that being said, I think the Crazy 88 shield should be turned into a craftable vanity at the very least. In its current state, it certainly doesn't seem worth 88 plat.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I thought it was going to be vanities too, and the thought new players were going to get a huge disadvantage in the future terrified me and the prospective thought of active pvp. Really glad these are just keepsakes imho. The future cause and effect will NOT leave my mind.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I thought it was going to be vanities too, and the thought new players were going to get a huge disadvantage in the future terrified me and the prospective thought of active pvp. Really glad these are just keepsakes imho. The future cause and effect will NOT leave my mind.

+1 from me on this.

The new Elite 105 shield as a vanity while keeping the stats would create an even further disadvantage for the players who couldn't afford it along with a bigger gap considering enchantments. With that being said, I do however believe the Fast Cap shield should have a small increase in stats ex. (+5 armor +2 dodge) to provide more value in capping within the first week.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGotenks For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Good feedback!
    The Birthday Buckler will remain a standard offhand item, but I will allow it to complete the L105 Elite item sets - so we won't lose those crucial bonuses.
    While clearly not as OP as the Elite L105 offhand loot, the secondary and tertiary Birthday Buckler stats might wind up being pretty interesting to multi-class / non-Pure players :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Birthday bones is quite a hard spawn

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The new title "Party Animal" is epic.

May I ask when this event ends? Hopefully not too soon.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Ah! The event will end at midnight next Tuesday, April the 17th. I'll update the OP with this info. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Ah! The event will end at midnight next Tuesday, April the 17th. I'll update the OP with this info. Thanks!
    Nice! Thank you.
    Last edited by Draebatad; 04-12-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Good feedback!
    The Birthday Buckler will remain a standard offhand item, but I will allow it to complete the L105 Elite item sets - so we won't lose those crucial bonuses.
    While clearly not as OP as the Elite L105 offhand loot, the secondary and tertiary Birthday Buckler stats might wind up being pretty interesting to multi-class / non-Pure players :-)
    Actually before the update everyone was hyped and thought the Birthday Buckler would be a vanitiy with +8 to Str/Int/Dex, and a few more small stats (like +8 dmg and armor). After it was clear it would not be a vanity and would not even be usefull, most people were pretty annoyed. Please don't get me wrong, but only because 2 people on forums might see the things a bit different doesn't mean they represent the majority opinion of the whole community.

I have to agree, of course +88 stats is way too much for a vanity, but making a craftable vanity version that only has the small stats mentioned above wouldn't harm anyone. Indeed, at Level 105 PvP a +- 8 stat difference is not even noticable. It would be such a waste of the cool looks if noone would ever use the B-Day Buckler in pvp/pve.

Making it a possible part of the elite set also won't solve that problem, because people who can afford the rest of the 5 elite pieces usually don't have gold problems to get the elite shield as well (not to mention that the B-Day shield is probably more expensive/will be more expensive in future than an Lvl 105 elite shield, due to its sheer rareness).

So please rethink about making it a craftable vanity. It just feels not rewarding at all if you farmed 20 hours+ (droprates are very low, and dropping all 9 crazy shields is really really hard!), and all you get is a shield that you cannot even use. If things stay like this, I won't even get me the 88 platinum to buy the reciepe, but instead sell the 9 crazy eight shields for gold.
    Last edited by andreasobst; 04-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wow, 8 awesome years! Can't wait to celebrate the sweet 16!

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andreasobst View Post
    Actually before the update everyone was hyped and thought the Birthday Buckler would be a vanitiy with +8 to Str/Int/Dex, and a few more small stats (like +8 dmg and armor). After it was clear it would not be a vanity and would not even be usefull, most people were pretty annoyed. Please don't get me wrong, but only because 2 people on forums might see the things a bit different doesn't mean they represent the majority opinion of the whole community.

I have to agree, of course +88 stats is way too much for a vanity, but making a craftable vanity version that only has the small stats mentioned above wouldn't harm anyone. Indeed, at Level 105 PvP a +- 8 stat difference is not even noticable. It would be such a waste of the cool looks if noone would ever use the B-Day Buckler in pvp/pve.

Making it a possible part of the elite set also won't solve that problem, because people who can afford the rest of the 5 elite pieces usually don't have gold problems to get the elite shield as well (not to mention that the B-Day shield is probably more expensive/will be more expensive in future than an Lvl 105 elite shield, due to its sheer rareness).

So please rethink about making it a craftable vanity. It just feels not rewarding at all if you farmed 20 hours+ (droprates are very low, and dropping all 9 crazy shields is really really hard!), and all you get is a shield that you cannot even use. If things stay like this, I won't even get me the 88 platinum to buy the reciepe, but instead sell the 9 crazy eight shields for gold.
    Ok for future reference when your quoting a Developer probably not a good idea to start with "actually" like the developer doesn't know what that are talking about.

In all this post, all i see is me me me. And no everyone wasn't "hyped" scrolling up will show some of us were concerned about the unbalance. Yes the sets are expensive and hard to get... i remember when savage sets went for 6m+ before settling at 4.3m.

Supply and demand will eventually even out and we will all have sets.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Oby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nipunsky View Post
    Looks dope!
    P.s. there are no chests in higher lvls... Can the boss drop from mob kills?. I have the maze plat still going and I don't want to waste it... Gotta farm lel

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    LOL! i wa there!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

One more day of B'day Bones! Thanks again Spacetime Studios for such a great event! And also, a final Happy 8th Birthday from us here in Pocket Community!

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild