Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level 105 Official PVP Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Default Level 105 Official PVP Feedback Thread

To consolidate feedback, please post your concerns, observations and requests (as they relate to Level 105 PVP) in this thread.

Please include as much detail as possible (your ign, your build, your equipment, your kit / approach to combat, the arena type).

To stay focused on the objective, I will remove posts that don't have actionable info (i.e. "mage op /11char") or edit with a request for info.

To keep things constructive, I will delete posts that only serve to insult or disparage other players (or savagely edit them for my personal delight).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I don't have any comments about the mechanics of level 105 pvp yet. I'm still experimenting.

However, I would like to address an issue with the new pvp map Shadow Fight. The spawn points are way too close to one another, unlike that of Forest Fight. You can easily be spawned in this map because you almost spawn in the same place over and over again (1-2m away from your last spawn). I recommend that you make the spawns more like that of Forest Fight. Other than that, I like the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The gear and cap looks balanced and for people complaining about talon proc being to op learn how to counter it. It is fairly simple, STOP RUSHING IN, take your time wait out buff with repulse fire or other pushback skills and then nuke when proc is down. Talon set is so easy to nuke with no proc so just take your time and stop complaining
    I found that with a 100 talon set I can beat 105 pink set with elite talon( 105 pink helm armor wing ring and the 105 elite talon, this gives set bonus and the talon that procs) users when I wait out buff so if this is the case then when 105 elite vs elite comes into play it should be the same.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Duckypowerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

L105 pvp seems to steadily be on track to a balanced endgame.. however a few things to be noted.

1) The procs give way too much of an edge and all in all, become the tie breakers most of the time.

2) With that said.. the procs themselves could use some touching up. For example. The elite wand proc, is useful but many complain of it adding speed in pvp. A solution to this could be to remove the speed it grants and in turn replace the pool proc for a magic shield proc offering the same stats. I say this because it's so easy to get pushed out of wherever the proc spawns. Rendering the proc unused. Please consider this, as many pure int mages find it unfair to be the weakest in terms of dodge and armor and to add to that, the proc is easily missed out on..

3) The Elite 105 bow proc hits on target every time. It would be nice to see the Elite axe and sword also be able to hit their procs in a similar manner and not just randomly spawn in the surrounding area of the player. It's hard to land a proc with a melee weapon when a bow proc is activated from 13m range and lands often.

4) Perhaps look into the procs and their spawn rates.. as some seem to activate more than others. Or give all procs the same lasting length and cooldown time.

Thanks! Hope the feedback helps!

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Good feedback, Holyfuryzz :-)

You're correct: the proc rate for the bow, 2h sword and 2h staff are different - and that's bad. I'll make them the same (per each weapon's activation speed).

As for the difference in ranged vs. melee, use of gap-closing abilities (Warrior's Beckon, Rhino's Charge) are meant to be the crucial difference that ensures utility for the Sword and Axe procs. However, since the Bow's proc hits too often and it can be done beyond max range of the gap-closers... it's not working as intended.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thanks! This cap is nice and in its own way is a whole different kind of fun. Hopefully things get sorted out and the tweaks provide even more balance than already exists. (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This is not a 1-1 cap it’s clealry team based yet all the suggestions to make changes towards items seem to be because of 1-1. How about before suggesting we actually play team styled before suggestions destroy what has potential to be a fun and skill based team based pvp cap unlock what we have had in a while where it was 1-1 and 1-3 hit kills...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

L105 cap PvP is becoming more active and with the new 2h weapons being added into the game, it's a lot more interesting to see how they mix in vs 1h sets. I've had the L105 elite talon set (on my bird) since the first weekend of the cap, and will share my first month of PvP experience below.

1. I've noticed different setups are general "counters" per se to other sets, but this is mainly due to procs. PvP is heavily proc reliant, which isn't how it should be. Now I won't go as far as to say totally remove procs from game, but it does seem a bit "RNG" or luck style play (especially with the talon set).

2. Support class heals are way too high at the moment (ex. Rhino can stay full health versus high damage output classes due to tankiness and low heal cooldown).

3. Bears are heavily underpowered 1v1 this cap. They do quite well in team play, but basically lose to dex birds and int mage and come to a stalemate versus rhinos or another bear.

4. The talon set's damage is too low to offset the tankiness/healing capabilities of a str rhino/int mage. A slight increase in damage is what everyone I've spoken to suggests.

5. I feel as if foxes never get any love at any cap. I'd love to see a rework of the class itself, as many people render it useless.

Those are just my two cents. Hopefully this feedback helps.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGotenks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Oh let me add something. I've been testing the elite bow before and after nerf, and have noticed that it doesn't dish out as much damage as the talon set due to its lower skill damage compared to talon. The bow rarely procs now, and in addition to its squishiness it fully has to rely on proc to have a decent chance in a fight. 2h's should do more damage than 1h, so a buff to all 2h's skill damage would help balance things out. All in all this this goes back to my main point of how people shouldn't have to rely on a proc to win fights.
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 05-07-2018 at 01:38 AM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

And again guys this is not a 1-1 cap... procs are aoe which is for team play. People keep making suggestions from 1-1 standpoints and not how the cap is meant to be played. You don’t need to “rely” on procs when it’s not meant for 1-1. When looking at team play so far (3v3/5v5/ctf) this cap is great and the procs are fitting making it fun, challenging, and making it feel more team based considering how some procs interact in group play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I didn’t start to pvp at 105 tell today didn’t heve everything needed for 6pc pvp set. Maybe add a permanent amulet vendor so anyone that is 105 can get it and have a even playing field. Rings,weapon,armor,helm and enchant are attainable still. I think that might get more people into pvping at 105.i sucked but the team fighting was a blast

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Focus should be on Team Play.

[TALON]
    I think that the Talon weapon attack damage should be increased by ~30%.
    Also, the Talon proc should be slightly increased (say around +5% chance).

What say you?! :-)
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Focus should be on Team Play.

[TALON]
    I think that the Talon weapon attack damage should be increased by ~30%.
    Also, the Talon proc should be slightly increased (say around +5% chance).

What say you?! :-)
    A majority of this feedback was from before we had bows in the game. Now that we have a clear difference in types of strengths and weaknesses both the bow and talon set have, I would say that the Talon set does not need a buff at the moment, especially if this cap is focused on team play as you said. The majority of concerns were brought up because Talon isn't that great in 1-1. Now that we have bow and Talon to choose from as a viable set for different occasions, I don't think that Talon set needs a buff anymore. If you desire to be tanky but put out less dmg, then Talon is the way to go. If you desire to dish out more dmg and debuff the enemy team but be far squishier, then you may also choose to do so.

I would say we need to focus on the weapons that haven't received much love and aren't as viable as the bow, axe, wand, and Talon set. We need to focus on buffing:

Tyben's Sword - I saw your general discussion post and think a snare effect would be interesting and helpful.

Dagger - if we think back to the last time a dagger set was good at endgame pvp, it would have been during the level 77 cap with the Lust dagger. I would say that we need to mold the elite Volta dagger set after the Lust dagger set so we can give foxes a chance to be as great as they were at the level 77 cap again. Right now, foxes are undoubtedly the worst class in pvp. Making the dagger set specifically play to a fox's strengths would help foxes get back into the pvp scene again.

Staff - this definitely needs a combination of more armor, dmg, and perhaps even a slight hp increase. Think of it being like a squishy nuke set. Right now, it doesn't have the firepower to nuke like bow birds.

2h sword - honestly, 2h swords have never really been a viable choice at endgame. They have only been viable at twink levels, which is why making the 2h sword balanced is going to be the most difficult thing to do.

EDIT: I also want to commend you on not only creating the Shadow Fight! map, but fixing the spawn points. The map is truly amazing and what many players had wanted in a map for years. The map itself is so simple and that's what makes it so great.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-17-2018 at 11:04 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I want skill points level moved up. Really this is all based on luck now because everyone has the same build. Its just who has the better enchants and procs the most wins but i feel if we add more skill points that might be a factor to change it a little bit to who can play better.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello.

i would like to see more dmg-armor on bear...Because bear not been tanky and doin dmg even with great combos.. bear has good proc but hard to catch peaple with that cuz small range not workin well as bow proc or wand proc

thenk you for takin care for our ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Like to see sword and bear fix. Not sure how to go about that but I like the other people idea. I never see fox pvp could you make them have way more damage but make them die super fast so there like a assassin. Would be cool to see a rogue in team fights trying to focus range or healer. Well they might become op in 1 vs 1. I thinking focusing on team play is the way to go at 105.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post
    Like to see sword and bear fix. Not sure how to go about that but I like the other people idea. I never see fox pvp could you make them have way more damage but make them die super fast so there like a assassin. Would be cool to see a rogue in team fights trying to focus range or healer. Well they might become op in 1 vs 1. I thinking focusing on team play is the way to go at 105.
    What you just described is fox at 100 cap. I would personally be fine with this.

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post
    Without messing around with skills, equipment, item set bonuses, etc. the Vixen can just get bonus (base) damage. That would reflect through all levels of the game... and might make her a much more desirable class :-)
    | | | |

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Without messing around with skills, equipment, item set bonuses, etc. the Vixen can just get bonus (base) damage. That would reflect through all levels of the game... and might make her a much more desirable class :-)
    Appreciate your responsiveness to the PvP threads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Time to finish raising my fox from 100 to 105 can’t wait to see her in action