Thread: cut and edit software

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default cut and edit software

I have made a player video but it's 9 mins long so I need a good edit and cut software to cut some scenes out the movie
    Any good edit software?

Thx a lot!!!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311352096
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Uh you can use windows movie maker, posted a detailed how to a while back here another good free one is WAX but its a bit technical, if its only 9 mins long, you can upload it to youtube and edit directly from youtube without using a software on your computer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't like Movie maker cause it's lowering my quality so much i can't read my text anymore
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

iMovie is pretty cool if you have a mac. Very easy to use too!
    Final Cut Pro is another good one, but I think it costs money.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

fcp is good for Mac, one of the best
    themars: you can export at a better quality from windows movie maker, if "max quality for my computer" doesn't cut it for you,
    go to publish movie> this computer (name the file) > More settings - here choose Windows media 720p or 1080p
    also, youtube's online editing area is as good or better than windows media player, the only reason I dont use it is that its stupid to keep like 2 hours of footage on it, but if your rushes (raw footage) is only 9 minutes long, theres no reason you shouldnt use this - its really good for text for example.
    also, themars, you can add titles and text with no loss of quality directly on youtube, this might be tedious but it means that the text appears perfectly on screen irrespective of the video quality, because it is added in a layer by youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

But i made my text ingame so if the quality goes too low u can't read my text anymore
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm tough one, how did you record the video? on a computer? did you record the whole screen? if so, zoom out a bit on chrome, and record only a portion of the screen, this records, edits and plays back faster, so fewer frames will be dropped, if you used an actual camera then theres little you can do to fix it
    if the raw video the text is clear and its unclear after rendering, then its because of the xport settings, change it to a higher one
    if this doesnt work, try accentuating the text on the video, by overlaying the same text using titles on top of the video

and try this one its quick and fast just good for cutting and basic titling, not featured otherwise, but should do very well for you! > multiavhcd
    Last edited by Slant; 11-09-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Text in game is really never the best bet for making videos like these, because like you're saying, the text quality just get's shot. Little annotation type things that pop up in the video are your best bet, but you have to have some kind of knowledge of video editing to do this, which I do not.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themars View Post
    But i made my text ingame so if the quality goes too low u can't read my text anymore
    i got your problem, maybe you are saving the output video in lower resolution.Try changing settings while saving in movie maker.