Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: L76 Egg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Wonderful news. I'd hate to have to split up my guild and join other guilds on a bi-weekly basis in order to compete in guild events, just to keep going back to my original guild once the event is over.
    For real my man, for real. Way too disruptive, no fun and no challenge whatsoever if the mechanics of the last guild event were to repeat again. Looking forward to a real challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushlikeagod View Post
    If you ask me the egg shouldn't be incorporated into an event, it should stay unique and be given a vendor to be crafted just like the black dragon armor did maybe at BSM

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Exactly, yes this os what i was thinking. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cinco i really dont think it would be hard at all to be able to nake 76 egg craftable into a vanity, i dont see why your against making egg vanity, people that have egg like it the way it is, making a new one would just defeat the purpose. Adding a new egg to the game wouldnt satisfy us at all we want it to be exclusive like 76 egg is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Cinco i really dont think it would be hard at all to be able to nake 76 egg craftable into a vanity, i dont see why your against making egg vanity, people that have egg like it the way it is, making a new one would just defeat the purpose. Adding a new egg to the game wouldnt satisfy us at all we want it to be exclusive like 76 egg is.
    I don't think you interpreted his reply like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The egg is a fine idea for a vanity item. Since it already exists as a vanity item (from the near-perfect 76 cap), it will need to be different in coloration / effects
    A new vanity. Fine idea. He's gotcha. (although he probably didn't mean "it already exists as a vanity item", because it's an elite shield, he does like the idea of making an egg shield vanity).

As for new requested items, they rarely get added in the way requested. It may or may not be exclusive. How it eventually enters the game is anyone's guess and is in the hands of the gamemasters alone. I am down for an egg vanity, however it might be acquired. Maybe in the next guild event? Maybe not.
    Last edited by Draebatad; 05-21-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I don't think you interpreted his reply like I did.

A new vanity. Fine idea. He's gotcha. (although he probably didn't mean "it already exists as a vanity item", because it's an elite shield, he does like the idea of making an egg shield vanity).

As for new requested items, they rarely get added in the way requested. It may or may not be exclusive. How it eventually enters the game is anyone's guess and is in the hands of the gamemasters alone. I am down for an egg vanity, however it might be acquired. Maybe in the next guild event? Maybe not.
    Yea i know, people dont want it to be different in coloration, they want the egg from 76 to become craftable to vanity like black drag set. I mean the egg matches black drag perfectly why not make the whole set vanity... i dont understand how its so hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Would love if egg was vanity

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Yes! Details will appear later this week ;-)
    This is awesome thanks so much

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

What if point totals for the guild event also took into account the total number of members in the guild? I.E. A guild with 1000 members would receive less points per member participation than a guild with 200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    What if point totals for the guild event also took into account the total number of members in the guild? I.E. A guild with 1000 members would receive less points per member participation than a guild with 200.
    What about guilds with thousands of inactive members? Or small guilds with 95%+ active members? Would have to factor activity levels in as well. I'm pretty sure based on what cinco said, that he's figured out a fair and accurate way to measure and award participants regardless of the size of the guilds involved. Excitedly awaiting his announcement later this week.

Onebigsmurfmello

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    What about guilds with thousands of inactive members? Or small guilds with 95%+ active members? Would have to factor activity levels in as well. I'm pretty sure based on what cinco said, that he's figured out a fair and accurate way to measure and award participants regardless of the size of the guilds involved. Excitedly awaiting his announcement later this week.
    Lets say said guild had the top 5 members that each had 20 alts, and that guild then had only 150 capped then said guild would look like it was active and would scream it's not fair and all that. Guild competitions will never make anyone happy their are to many factors that PL can't cover and make everyone happy so once again everyone will complain and we all get to have such a fun time reading about it again on the forums.

The mechanics of Guild Competitions will not work for PL. They can try to make it fair all they want but as Cinco said you can join any guild you want that is your right and freedom.

Even if a day said you had to be in that guild by then everyone will just join one guild again because the community is more united and friendlier than ever after the last event. I'll be joining the winning guild again you would be missing out not to unless said guild didn't like you which in that case is unfortunate for you.
    Last edited by Onebigsmurfmello; 05-22-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yes! Details will appear later this week ;-)
    That is really exciting news, you da man. Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

@Onebigsmurfmello, let's wait and see what is said by cinco and how this will work. He's got every guild's best interest at heart so whatever Cinco does to this event to try to create a fun, fair and balanced guild vs guild challenge will certainly be appreciated by most people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

The egg is a fine idea for a vanity item. Since it already exists as a vanity item (from the near-perfect 76 cap), it will need to be different in coloration / effects.

As for the White Dragon / White Lightning sets - they need a different offhand item to be complete. I've been working on these for the upcoming Guild Event II: Electric Boogaloo.
    Another guild event, how exciting. We throughly enjoyed the first one, it bought us all together for a common goal.

Your teasing us with the new egg vanity and new items to complete the white lighting and white dragon sets.

My only concern is the current state of the PL enconomy. Most have little gold left, with the introduction of enhancements, first guild event and nerfing gold in plasma pyramid.

Please reintroduce little golden bones event prior to the next guild event. With better payouts, gold drops from 5k to 100k. And have the gold event duration last at least a week.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    My only concern is the current state of the PL enconomy. Most have little gold left, with the introduction of enhancements, first guild event and nerfing gold in plasma pyramid
    Name:  Screenshot_20180521-134839.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  236.1 KB

^ "Game designers must balance between scarcity of currency and ease of acquiring currency." - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink#Examples

Not the first and probably not the last time I will reuse this content to support the voices of a mostly financially broken community, in hopes of Alterra leaving this great depression so that everyone can enjoy having some spending cash. Bartering is a bit behind the times. Buffing Tori the Teller for the premium players and adding much more generous gold events for the free to play bunch seems to be a reasonable solution.

Edit: I would like to add that while PL had record numbers of players on recently, we are now seeing record levels of inactivity. People just don't want to play when things are taken away from them that make the game fun. And cash makes the world go round. I always have faith in a brighter future for PL, but if we don't use our voices to highlight what's not working, in hopes of changes for the better, it's our fault if the community falters.
    Last edited by Draebatad; 05-22-2018 at 10:23 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Imo the new eggs look so dumb especially the chicken nugget egg that spins around, the blue on isnt as bad but seriously the reason we all wanted 76 egg to be craftable into vanity (like black drag) is because of its looks, thats what a vanity is for. Idk why you decided ti compketely discard everything we said in this thread and give us 2 useless eggs that dont event match mutch stuff in the game at all, 76 goes well with mfa, cop, black drag, mantle, and a lot more. Whats so wrong with making egg craftable in the first place? It would make rich richer? Okay how about guild event 2 where 1 guild of 20 people get prize to control the market (all members are rich, plat spenders). So really its no different. I just wanna see your thoughts about this instead of beating around the bush cinco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Imo the new eggs look so dumb especially the chicken nugget egg that spins around, the blue on isnt as bad but seriously the reason we all wanted 76 egg to be craftable into vanity (like black drag) is because of its looks, thats what a vanity is for. Idk why you decided ti compketely discard everything we said in this thread and give us 2 useless eggs that dont event match mutch stuff in the game at all, 76 goes well with mfa, cop, black drag, mantle, and a lot more. Whats so wrong with making egg craftable in the first place? It would make rich richer? Okay how about guild event 2 where 1 guild of 20 people get prize to control the market (all members are rich, plat spenders). So really its no different. I just wanna see your thoughts about this instead of beating around the bush cinco.
    Incorrect, ten of our members haven't spent plat and haven't needed to because they're contributing with hard work instead of $. Only ten players 'needed' to spend plat. And even then, I believe that our score would be very high even if we didn't use any plat, just because of our work ethic. We are a very organized guild and the fact that we are a small guild means we can oversee everyone in a much easier manner than if we were in a large guild. I myself have actually spent a very low amount of plat compared to what you're all probably thinking and I believe that I'm in the top 5 members of our guild.

I digress. I think the two eggs are perfectly fine and Cinco can make new designs in the future or reuse the original design as a vanity. I believe that we will see more egg designs and vanities in the future based on popular demand. Yes, the golden egg looks ridiculous... But in a unique way! When I first looted mine, I absolutely thought it looked like some glob of food rather than gold. But that's precisely why I like the vanity and will be keeping it because of its ridiculousness and it somewhat matches the white dragon sets (although, the white dragon shields will match it more).

Edit: My guild member Oneshotfury stated it perfectly - it looks like a duck egg made from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-26-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This forum post is an odd one. When you have 6-10 players from the same guild supporting an egg vanity, it seems like the community is supporting it. A single player in the same guild owns more than 15 eggs before egg was permitted to be crafted. The hate I will receive. :P

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

Ge3
    pvp
    omg
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com