Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coming this week to AL: Endgame PvP Adjustments

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Default Coming this week to AL: Endgame PvP Adjustments

Greetings Warriors of Arlor,

Along with this week's event of Jewel Elixirs, we're going to be running an experiment at endgame PvP.

Full Details
    We will be reducing damage dealt in endgame PvP even further, down to 30% instead of the current 45%. Recovery will remain at 45% for this experiment.
    This will only apply to PvP within the level 62-66 bracket.

Goals of the Experiment
    It is our desire that:
    - Speed Sets become an option and playstyle in PvP, rather than a necessity to survive/win
    - Fights become longer to promote multiple use of abilities and more developed strategies (It's important that they don't become too long that no one dies)
    - Endgame PvP becomes more entertaining and enjoyable for players

We would greatly appreciate any and all feedback from players during this time on how endgame PvP feels with these changes!

See you on Blood Beach,
    - Vroom
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but did you know endgame rogues and mages have high armor builds now (myself included)? I'm talking 8,000 armor on rogues for example. This high armor can still be balanced with high damage. Reducing damage done while such armor remains doesn't look like a good idea theoretically.

So...I think we might be looking at the "no one dies" scenario lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Also, you might want to take a look at the DoT damage of the rogue skill 'noxus bolt'.

I kinda feel sorry for all the warriors on the receiving end now xD

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude or anything but did you know endgame rogues and mages have high armor builds now (myself included)? I'm talking 8,000 armor on rogues for example. This high armor can still be balanced with high damage. Reducing damage done while such armor remains doesn't look like a good idea theoretically.

So...I think we might be looking at the "no one dies" scenario lol
    That is an interesting comment to keep in mind, as most of the complaints around Speed Set and endgame PvP I've heard are due to Rogues still 1-shotting people while wearing the Speed Set and instantly dying without it.

We'll keep that in mind!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

please please please look into armor and armor awakenings . its getting ridiculous.
    consider leaving mages damage alone...we barely do enough as it is! im seeing 610crits or 1.5k lightning crits...and im pretty well geared imo.
    i mean nowadays in pvp rogues are at almost 9k armor 3.5k dmg 70crit.tanks are 11-12k armor 15k hp.we barely do damage . forget a trying to vs anything. either u get two shot after 2seconds of invulnerability ends or the vs takes 20mins to end (and it only ends most of the time from instakill+axe throw)

i kno that mages are support but man...its just a lil offputting sometimes.

also could u guys fix battlegrounds ? there is no damage reduction there. rogues are critting 20k ...
    I myself nuked a tank in battlegrounds,as much as i wish mages could nuke things,i dont think this is how it is supposed to be.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

p.s ty vroom for takin the time to help try balance pvp at endgame!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Hmm...maybe I'll actually enjoy pvp now thanks guys!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Nice to hear that some adjustments are being made. Do you guys have any plans on removing insta-kill from pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    please please please look into armor and armor awakenings . its getting ridiculous.
    consider leaving mages damage alone...we barely do enough as it is! im seeing 610crits or 1.5k lightning crits...and im pretty well geared imo.
    i mean nowadays in pvp rogues are at almost 9k armor 3.5k dmg 70crit.tanks are 11-12k armor 15k hp.we barely do damage . forget a trying to vs anything. either u get two shot after 2seconds of invulnerability ends or the vs takes 20mins to end (and it only ends most of the time from instakill+axe throw)

i kno that mages are support but man...its just a lil offputting sometimes.

also could u guys fix battlegrounds ? there is no damage reduction there. rogues are critting 20k ...
    I myself nuked a tank in battlegrounds,as much as i wish mages could nuke things,i dont think this is how it is supposed to be.
    Good points. I remember years ago it was stated that mages were never meant to be a support class. But it seems that's all were good for most of the time. With the exception of 36-41 cap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I'm glad y'all looking at endgame. I myself don't pvp right now because of the gear issues but here's my two cents;
    - All about armor awakenings. As people stated above they aren't problem only in endgme but in whole pvp world.
    - Stat adjustments in battleground. If you want to end one shoot-one kill situations then take a look at the battleground and adjust it as well as normal pvp. Reduced damage in pvp helps but just watch battleground and you'll see that bringing it back to normal state isn't great idea.

I know that with new gears and expansion it will be harder and harder to balance PvP as rogues will get more damage & crit, tanks more armor & hp and mages.. they will stay mages. I'd consider slowly adding special PvP sets and/or special PvP stat Adjustments that will balance the stats and make every class useful and able to do their job effectively. There won't be one shoot-one kill situations but also there won't be 10min fights without any kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Actually, the armor awakenings and actuall armor state in the game is the thing to change.. Let's make it enjoyable as it was at 41/46 cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Please look at the skill Noxious Bolt DOT Damage. TY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

regulation of the balance algorithm. If the higher level is not damaged, the lower level is not increased, the sts player loses. my suggestion is to change the damage. For example, 11 level helmet gives 2.64 dmg and 66 lvl gives 10.05. If it is the opposite of them, it is easy to kill the player in the low lvl and it is easy to kill the player in the high lvl. Note: If you do not understand English well, please let me know in a more regular and detailed manner. tnx sts
    Pm/Ign:Aqdotcom. If i offline
    U will invite me friend list or
    U will tell me by house m.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Greetings Warriors of Arlor,

Along with this week's event of Jewel Elixirs, we're going to be running an experiment at endgame PvP.

Full Details
    We will be reducing damage dealt in endgame PvP even further, down to 30% instead of the current 45%. Recovery will remain at 45% for this experiment.
    This will only apply to PvP within the level 62-66 bracket.

Goals of the Experiment
    It is our desire that:
    - Speed Sets become an option and playstyle in PvP, rather than a necessity to survive/win
    - Fights become longer to promote multiple use of abilities and more developed strategies (It's important that they don't become too long that no one dies)
    - Endgame PvP becomes more entertaining and enjoyable for players

We would greatly appreciate any and all feedback from players during this time on how endgame PvP feels with these changes!

See you on Blood Beach,
    - Vroom
    Brilliant move and will encourage team work a lot more. The damage most rogues were doing was getting ridiculous. i dont know how the percentages or damage values work in PvP but as long as its not a 1 hit kill i think it will make PvP infinitely better. Currently you could play with the best warrior in game but that 1 aim will kill you and there is nothing anyone can do. There definitely needs to be a recovery time wether its running behind a warrior or just running for your life. Anything is better than 1 hit K.O then respawn and repeat.

1 hit could just be luck or a stray arrow. 2 simultaneous hits takes some skill. Cant wait to see how it works out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Please balance pvp damage,only rogues enjoy pvp end game

Tank have 13k armor die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

In regards to awakenings, STS should change armor awaken to their % counterparts:

+150 armor = +5% armor
    +125 armor = +4% armor,
    +100 armor = +3% armor,
    +75 armor = +2% armor,
    +50 armor = +1% armor

Apply the same concept to other +stats like health, mana, str, dex, int.

That way everyone can keep their awakenings but it will scale with your level's base stats and base gear.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azebor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

"Noxus Bolt" sorry misspelled in previous bolt and can not edit it*. Tbh the overall damage seems fine at these Lvl's besides the skill DOT Damage that seems to ignore Armor completely(is this intended, I don't play rouge?). I don't see how Speed Set is the issue at all. You guys made Maus a gold farm map, the people complaining should farm Maus or use Plat to buy one. Like people stated before with the High Armor Awakes on alot of the OP Arc Arti Lvl 60 Rouges/Mages, reducing the overall damage is really not the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Adjust it based on class
    Keep it at 40% damage reduction rogue because they ignore armor, etc.

30%damage reduction because they literally tank e.e

40% Mage because they stun and lightning bolts insane xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    That is an interesting comment to keep in mind, as most of the complaints around Speed Set and endgame PvP I've heard are due to Rogues still 1-shotting people while wearing the Speed Set and instantly dying without it.

We'll keep that in mind!
    If it helps, I remember when speed sets were first introduced. There was a downside to using these sets at the time because for example, a level 56 rogue with the standard top tier gear for that level would be lacking in some aspects e.g. health and mana. This meant that in order to actually use the set, you had to use combinations of mythic gears, legendary gears and even rarely used jewels (nature and water) to compensate. This did mean a loss of damage and armor but the sets were usable. At the time, the arcane ring was a viable option because it meant that you could keep your damage, health, armor and mana capability, allowing you to usually avoid 1-shot kills from speed set users.

My honest opinion would be that there are currently no risks in gear usage. Everything is either really good or really bad, there is no middle ground.

If it was up to me, I would remove all these % PvP nerfs and revise the actual values...I'm talking: skill damage, skill healing values, gear stats, pet damage, passive pet regen etc., etc. It might be a lot of work but I think it will make future decisions easier to make.

Taking a look at awakening values might be a better point to begin than reducing damage.

Finally, if you decide to remove the awakening system altogether, a more balanced alternative may be physical gear enhancement e.g. a dagger that gives base stats of 150dps, 10 health, 10mana and 200 armor could be enhanced to e.g. tier 2 (it now has 160dps, 20 health, 10mana, 300armor). This way you control the max values at which no class can exceed (depending on whether or not you find the correct balance of stats for each individual class) but hey! I'm half asleep here so this could all be useless information xD

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

@vroom: Sure the rogue's aimshot damage is a concern, but then armor awakenings are bigger concern IMO. How is a mage (with reduced damage) suppose to defeat a warrior(with same armor)? It was like a boss fight already, now it will be worse.

Kindly consider and tune stats and skills for each class individually when balancing the pvp, instead of reducing the overall damage for all classes. Ty.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: