Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coming this week to AL: Endgame PvP Adjustments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    That is an interesting comment to keep in mind, as most of the complaints around Speed Set and endgame PvP I've heard are due to Rogues still 1-shotting people while wearing the Speed Set and instantly dying without it.

We'll keep that in mind!
    Guy guys guys guys guys guys I think the dev team needs to try the pvp for them self’s With regular players instead of listening to what some non-pvp players are saying, most people left 66 pvp and went back to 62 because the armor is insane , now u reduce the damage RIP, 61-63 is not perfect but it’s a lot better than all other pvp zones atm and this update will just ruin the reason all went back to 61-63 , so please just keep this update for 66 leave 61-63 out pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BELIEVE IT!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxsoifongxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Greetings Warriors of Arlor,

Along with this week's event of Jewel Elixirs, we're going to be running an experiment at endgame PvP.

Full Details
    We will be reducing damage dealt in endgame PvP even further, down to 30% instead of the current 45%. Recovery will remain at 45% for this experiment.
    This will only apply to PvP within the level 62-66 bracket.

Goals of the Experiment
    It is our desire that:
    - Speed Sets become an option and playstyle in PvP, rather than a necessity to survive/win
    - Fights become longer to promote multiple use of abilities and more developed strategies (It's important that they don't become too long that no one dies)
    - Endgame PvP becomes more entertaining and enjoyable for players

We would greatly appreciate any and all feedback from players during this time on how endgame PvP feels with these changes!

See you on Blood Beach,
    - Vroom
    This is what i'm waiting for..

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

its all ok with aims shoot , good for kill op warior rather than no one dies , no need to reduce damage , atleast they are good on attack for rogue nd defend for warior , warior protect their teammate with his op heal , but not for mage , mage really weak on end game , they a lot of mana , and weakest armor . i m a rogue , still looking for mage action on endgame pvp . i saw they always got killed by rogue , even by warior , so ironic . maybe , should able speed set for mage but 50% only, unable for rogue and warior . is it fair enough guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

What happens in pvp when 61 and 62 are in the same room? Dose the 62 get the nerf and the 61 dose not? Or if there in the same room the nerf will apply to both?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    Good points. I remember years ago it was stated that mages were never meant to be a support class. But it seems that's all were good for most of the time. With the exception of 36-41 cap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Mage in Leve 10-11 is superior and best.
    Solid Pinoy Reborn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armani Boi View Post
    Mage in Leve 10-11 is superior and best.
    Yes with 2k armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Guess rogues will be impossible to kill now. GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Wait... speed set one shot was a issue 6months ago the issues you mention are far gone
    Not tryna sound rude but do u guys test endgame? Vs? Guild battleground? I been endgame since cap 41

The current issue now at endgame are
    1:Insta kill
    2:Rogues armor is too high
    3:Rogues nox is eating tanks hp like a stick of butter
    4:Mages became useless only used for mana and spamming bombs

My solution ...
    nerf rogue armor
    Buff mage dmg
    Give tanks a wep proc with a dmg spike (not too strong but just right that gives us a chance to kill or do some dmg)

insta kill is based on luck pls remove this from pvp keep it in pve

Also fix guild battleground no one like to play there when rogues are criting 20k whats the point in tanking when u cant take dmg without dying

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Terrorshock1 For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Guess rogues will be impossible to kill now. GG
    How about you actually try the changes before making an assessment?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I've been playing alot of pvp recently, tanks and mages do no damage to rogues anymore now even the best mages and tanks that i know and play with out there are having a

very hard time with rogues and nox skill is doing more damage then it ever used to. I had no idea nox' poison

effect is supposed to ignore armor...i've never heard anything of that being a feature nor did i feel such impact of the nox effect back then. I'm not sure if a bug or a Feature?

If the damage nerf applies, then warriors and mages will just get weaker then ever we will start criting 400-300 damage and rogues won't change.

Thank you for replying to my post tho @Justg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorshock1 View Post
    Wait... speed set one shot was a issue 6months ago the issues you mention are far gone
    Not tryna sound rude but do u guys test endgame? Vs? Guild battleground? I been endgame since cap 41

The current issue now at endgame are
    1:Insta kill
    2:Rogues armor is too high
    3:Rogues nox is eating tanks hp like a stick of butter
    4:Mages became useless only used for mana and spamming bombs

My solution ...
    nerf rogue armor
    Buff mage dmg
    Give tanks a wep proc with a dmg spike (not too strong but just right that gives us a chance to kill or do some dmg)

insta kill is based on luck pls remove this from pvp keep it in pve

Also fix guild battleground no one like to play there when rogues are criting 20k whats the point in tanking when u cant take dmg without dying

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk
    I absolutely agree with you, rogues are starting to reach like 10k armor and most already reached 9k. Rogues armor needs to get nerfed. They already do an insane amount of damage even with the pvp global damage reduction effect being applied. Us warriors and mages are doing like 500-600 crit currently.

#RogueLegendsIsBack

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Sorry if I come across rude, this is just an assessment i'm making which comes from a lot of experience and some frustration due to how endgame pvp is right now.

First and foremost I want to let you know that the idea of 1 shot/1 combo killing is far in the past. Right now at lvl 66 rogues rogues have over 8k armor, some even almost reaching 9k. I can assure you, as im sure many will agree, that rogues do not 1 shot / 1 combo at end game. In fact the problem is they are very hard to kill due to the amount of armor awakening stack + pet happiness' such as heroic dreambot. I can see that you guys want to put out changes to create sollutions but nerfing damage should be the last thing that comes to mind you want to make an effective change.

(The very simple sollution(s) )

Nerf rogues armor: This can be done in 2 ways; Decrease the amount of pure armor given in items (such as Weapon/Helm/Armor etc) OR decrease the amount of armor given from awakenings, possibly a decrease of 20-40% (final digit is subject to testing of course)

This will allow mages to do more damage on rogues and actually give them a chance to kill rogues. (BUFFING mage damage is also another option to think about. I as a rog am happy to see this because its another huge problem in endgame pvp; Mages dont do enough damage.)

(2nd main problem with rogues)

Noxious Bolt; Mastery

This is a test ive conducted with many endgame tanks; 1 nox (provided the mastery is 10/10) takes a tanks health from 100% down to around 60%. 2 Nox's stacked, 60-70% of the time, can kill a tank. I dont even want to mention if 3 Nox's are stacked. Now I know what you're thinking, tanks have heal and jugg etc. The problem is the damage done by the DoT tick damage is just too much, it seems like its ignoring opponent's armor. Please reduce the DoT Masterie's tick damage because tanks shouldnt be dying so easily.

(Remove instakill from pvp)

The whole point of PvP is to be able to win with skill and teamwork. I, as many others, fail to understand how spamming instakill proc bombs to gain 10+ free kills is showing skill or teamwork. Please remove instakill from PvP because it's another thing thats ruining endgame PvP.

(Another issue:BATTLEGROUND)

This pvp mode is for sure one of the best ones however damage dealt inside this game mode is far too much. It may be the other way round, armor could be much lower than it should be. A rog can nuke a tank with 1 combo. I dont think I need to mention what happens vs other rogues or even mages. I completely understand that sts may have done this because there could be 10 vs 10 battles, therefore increasing damage would help prevent un-ending games if tanks are stacked etc. However the damage is just far too much, please do something about it.

I would be very happy to see devs testing endgame PvP more often. This will allow them to see for themselves exactly everything I've mentioned above and understand that damage (excluding battleground) should NOT be nerfed, however armor given inside items / armor from awakenings should be nerfed.

Jeez I've been wanting to get this out for a while, seeing this damage nerf just forced me to say it.

Thanks for reading, please take into consideration all of the above (and what the majority of the comments here are saying)

NERF ROGUE ARMOR-

NERF NOXIOUS BOLT MASTERY DAMAGE-

APPLY SAME DAMAGE / ARMOR RULES TO BATTLEGROUNDS-

REMOVE INSTAKILL FROM PVP-

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arcane Ziix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I guess nerfing the damage is a start. We wont get 1 hit anymore but the main issue is being totaly ignored. Yes i wont die as much playing as a mage or tank but even with 50% damage i couldnt scratch the rogue what chance do i have with 30%

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Along with this week's event of Jewel Elixirs, we're going to be running an experiment at endgame PvP.

Full Details
    We will be reducing damage dealt in endgame PvP even further, down to 30% instead of the current 45%. Recovery will remain at 45% for this experiment.

Goals of the Experiment
    It is our desire that:
    - Speed Sets become an option and playstyle in PvP, rather than a necessity to survive/win
    - Fights become longer to promote multiple use of abilities and more developed strategies (It's important that they don't become too long that no one dies)

We would greatly appreciate any and all feedback from players during this time on how endgame PvP feels with these changes!

See you on Blood Beach,
    - Vroom
    For me pvp is pretty balanced my only issue is insta kill. Armor awakenings are fine, if you have a prob with a 8k armor rogue then just get 9k armor lol people imvest a lot into their gear so it's only fair that they enjoy it in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

All I gotta say is do whatever you want in PvP. Nerf this nerf that but make sure that it wont affect even a glimpse of PvE. No one wants to see a whining community of players just to fulfill the needs of minority as someone else have mentioned right? Learn from the history.

ᵀ ᵒ ᵒ ᵂ ᵉ ᶦ ʳ ᵈ ᵗ ᵒ ᶫ ᶦ ᵛ ᵉ ᵀ ᵒ ᵒ ʳ ᵃ ʳ ᵉ ᵗ ᵒ ᴰ ᶦ ᵉ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Full Details

Goals of the Experiment
    It is our desire that:

See you on Blood Beach,
    - Vroom

As everyone else stated above the possible things that might bring back some balanced pvp
    - Nerf rogue armor
    - Remove the instakill

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

As everyone has been saying for awhile now, including me. Also agree that instakill needs to be removed from pvp, this proc has drastically reduced the activity in the pvp

community recently, the rooms in pvp is more dead then a desert now, i've asked multiple people what was the reason of them quitting pvp and nearly even the game. They

always replied with "Instakill bomb proc", I don't get it why you guys are giving us something that 1 shots players like mobs. In pvp instead of weapons with balanced features.

And pvp is all about honing skills and working together for an successful outcome.

Also, don't you think it's a bit too overpowered for rogues to reach like 10k,9k,8.5k, armor and not only that.....also have a weapon like the nightmare arcane daggers proc to

grant them a shield that absorbs massive amount of damage being inflicted??? I don't about you guys but...rogues are a mages worst nightmare now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Ziix View Post
    Sorry if I come across rude, this is just an assessment i'm making which comes from a lot of experience and some frustration due to how endgame pvp is right now.

First and foremost I want to let you know that the idea of 1 shot/1 combo killing is far in the past. Right now at lvl 66 rogues rogues have over 8k armor, some even almost reaching 9k. I can assure you, as im sure many will agree, that rogues do not 1 shot / 1 combo at end game. In fact the problem is they are very hard to kill due to the amount of armor awakening stack + pet happiness' such as heroic dreambot. I can see that you guys want to put out changes to create sollutions but nerfing damage should be the last thing that comes to mind you want to make an effective change.

(The very simple sollution(s) )

Nerf rogues armor: This can be done in 2 ways; Decrease the amount of pure armor given in items (such as Weapon/Helm/Armor etc) OR decrease the amount of armor given from awakenings, possibly a decrease of 20-40% (final digit is subject to testing of course)

This will allow mages to do more damage on rogues and actually give them a chance to kill rogues. (BUFFING mage damage is also another option to think about. I as a rog am happy to see this because its another huge problem in endgame pvp; Mages dont do enough damage.)

(2nd main problem with rogues)

Noxious Bolt; Mastery

This is a test ive conducted with many endgame tanks; 1 nox (provided the mastery is 10/10) takes a tanks health from 100% down to around 60%. 2 Nox's stacked, 60-70% of the time, can kill a tank. I dont even want to mention if 3 Nox's are stacked. Now I know what you're thinking, tanks have heal and jugg etc. The problem is the damage done by the DoT tick damage is just too much, it seems like its ignoring opponent's armor. Please reduce the DoT Masterie's tick damage because tanks shouldnt be dying so easily.

(Remove instakill from pvp)

The whole point of PvP is to be able to win with skill and teamwork. I, as many others, fail to understand how spamming instakill proc bombs to gain 10+ free kills is showing skill or teamwork. Please remove instakill from PvP because it's another thing thats ruining endgame PvP.

(Another issue:BATTLEGROUND)

This pvp mode is for sure one of the best ones however damage dealt inside this game mode is far too much. It may be the other way round, armor could be much lower than it should be. A rog can nuke a tank with 1 combo. I dont think I need to mention what happens vs other rogues or even mages. I completely understand that sts may have done this because there could be 10 vs 10 battles, therefore increasing damage would help prevent un-ending games if tanks are stacked etc. However the damage is just far too much, please do something about it.

I would be very happy to see devs testing endgame PvP more often. This will allow them to see for themselves exactly everything I've mentioned above and understand that damage (excluding battleground) should NOT be nerfed, however armor given inside items / armor from awakenings should be nerfed.

Jeez I've been wanting to get this out for a while, seeing this damage nerf just forced me to say it.

Thanks for reading, please take into consideration all of the above (and what the majority of the comments here are saying)

NERF ROGUE ARMOR-

NERF NOXIOUS BOLT MASTERY DAMAGE-

APPLY SAME DAMAGE / ARMOR RULES TO BATTLEGROUNDS-

REMOVE INSTAKILL FROM PVP-

Yes please, nerf nox bolt. It never was and isn't supposed to do more damage then aim shot. This is a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

non of the pvp players who play a lot ever complains just the ones that pve mainly and enter pvp sometimes come here to complain, even tho the armor now is too high still non of the everyday pvp players complained.
    Last edited by Justg; 04-19-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Less drama
    BELIEVE IT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I like the idea to make endgame PvP more entertaining and enjoyable for players, but to accomplish this there are a lot of issues to be tackeled.

As endgame player these things should change IMO:

- Instakills
    - Nox bolt (damage)
    - High armor

Instakill

No one wants a game based on luck. Endgame atm is almost purely luck based.
    Tanks were never meant to be damage dealers so keep it that way. A solution could be a weapon with damage over time with some decent damage.

Nox bolt

I've tested this in game and the damage nox does is insane. Without using any other skill a rogue can kill a tank easily.
    Fix this and make it like it used to be back at L41-46.

High armor

Because of the armor awakening the damage dealt in PvP is much less, obviously, so I don't see how reducing the damage to 30% instead of the current 45% can solve this issue. PvP games already last long because of the huge amount of armor players, especially rogues, have.

Back at the L56 cap players would only use speed set to rejoin a clash. All this is one of the few reasons players are playing in the level 61-64 bracket instead of endgame.

IGN's: Cry - Edge - Vermogen - Prime