Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to generate even more revenue? by making plat tradable!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Cool How to generate even more revenue? by making plat tradable!!!

If there's problem making plat trade-able directly, simply, an idea would be to make vendor who would convert Plats into Plat blocks of 5, 10, 30, 50 etc for little plat cost which then could be tradable and also could be listed in cs, and the vendor could convert the plat blocks back into plats. So that plat itself wouldn't be tradable directly. For ex 6 plats required for a green plat block (value 5 plats) 11 plats required for purple plat block valued 10 plats and so on. Nope I'm not making any calculation mistake here :P, the more plat u convert the less plat u waste to convert. Those blocks would fall under crafting inventory slots

It would increase the overall plat consumption hence increase in revenue. Already new accs not giving 10 plats like before so, it's more possible now.

Well the plat tradable suggestion ain't anything new but latest changes of game made my hope up for it.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-25-2018 at 11:19 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    If there's problem making plat trade-able directly, simply, an idea would be to make vendor who would convert Plats into Plat blocks of 5, 10, 30, 50 etc for little plat cost which then could be tradable and also could be listed in cs, and the vendor could convert the plat blocks back into plats. So that plat itself wouldn't be tradable directly. For ex 6 plats required for a green plat block (value 5 plats) 11 plats required for purple plat block valued 10 plats and so on. Nope I'm not making any calculation mistake here :P, the more plat u convert the less plat u waste to convert. Those blocks would fall under crafting inventory slots

It would increase the overall plat consumption hence increase in revenue. Already new accs not giving 10 plats like before so, it's more possible now.

Well the plat tradable suggestion ain't anything new but latest changes of game made my hope up for it.
    If that happened it would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post

This is pocket legends not arcane legends.... sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A new account already comes with some plats. If plat was tradable, I might be one of the richest pl player. For and against is hard to say. Trading plat will allow players to increase their enchant chances with plat.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 04-25-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    A new account already comes with some plats. If plat was tradable, I might be one of the richest pl player. For and against is hard to say. Trading plat will allow players to increase their enchant chances with plat.
    So your 500k plat purchased to become one of the richest in PL isnt enough? If plat becomes tradeable you will buy cinco a new house and probably a new car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I don't know about plat blocks. However I responded to a similar thread a few months ago. And I believe a more comprehensive response about this topic is still awaiting moderator approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Tradable plat is something I hear a lot of people asking for. It would create a new market for sure. People like Jen would buy plat to sell for gold, for example. The free ten plat for new accounts would need to be zeroed out. This idea has been brought up and shot down over the years. But it's definitely interesting and might be worth trying?
    Basically STS would remain the sole source of new plat entering the game. If it were to be tradable, those who are in markets that don't do commerce with the United States due to economic restrictions would be able to buy plat with gold, and those who are too young or otherwise on a budget would be able to buy plat with gold. Plat traders would continue to buy plat and resell it. Friends could gift some to friends in need. It seems this would increase the revenue stream a bit and enable more people to have access to plat, while creating an entirely new market. Seems like a jolly good idea to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

A lot of us can't buy plat all the time. Also the plat offers are not always available (i have completed all of the offers that were available)
    Making plat tradable will help you guys a LOT in sales
    I would definitely buy plat from someone else for gold.
    This will also help players (who cannot buy Plat) in all the new events that we/they are missing out due to the fact that buying plat is just not possible for some of us.
    This is the perfect time for an update like this cause now there are a lot of items/lvls/events that require plat
    Really hope you guys look into it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Yes.... let us become Warframe

I like it, but the only problem is that we'd have to wipe all plat from ppl's accounts. Some players have thousands of plat and if they traded all that for op amounts of gold there'd be a cash surge that would leave the market in shambles (Which is not good right after an expansion drop where 105 gear prices are still settling down). Having two currencies for a game is already weird enough.
    Last edited by Buchmeister; 04-25-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Yes.... let us become Warframe

I like it, but the only problem is that we'd have to wipe all plat from ppl's accounts. Some players have thousands of plat and if they traded all that for op amounts of gold there'd be a cash surge that would leave the market in shambles (Which is not good right after an expansion drop where 105 gear prices are still settling down). Having two currencies for a game is already weird enough.
    Nearly all games have 2 currencies. Wiping all plat is a really bad play as people payed for that plat.
    I don't even understand what you wanna say when you talk about cash surge lel my bad

I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nipunsky View Post
    Nearly all games have 2 currencies. Wiping all plat is a really bad play as people payed for that plat.
    I don't even understand what you wanna say when you talk about cash surge lel my bad

Yes they have two currencies, but not two tradable currencies. Nearly all online games have just one tradable and one non-tradable if there are any tradable currencies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco
    A kind gesture and a fine idea in the right context. Unfortunately, Pocket Legends is in no way the proper context.

Better idea is what I did in Pocket Legends Adventures: let everyone earn Platinum all the time for coming back to the game, doing daily quests and opening the Free Chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco
    How about just 'no.'
    similar thread, this will more than likely get a similar response to that^ link here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...atinum+trading
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

1- Probably new accs stopped giving plats at all already, secondly minimum plat block can be start from 11 plat requirement even it can be start at high number like 500/2000 etc.

2- That's invalid to do personal attack to someone for the thing that's totally valid, anybody can purchase desire no of plats, nothing new in pl. Not like anyone for the first time got rich with plat, plat always played its valid role to make ppl rich.

3- That's kinda weird to hear that ppl sitting on plat stocks a) They could easily bought stat guns kinda stuff and make gold outta it, nothing new, could do premium runs etc b) if somebody bought or made plats genuinely then they deserve to spent the way they want and the way it's possible. Also I don't think it would impact L105 elites prices negatively rather it would actually help to get cheaper by bringing more premium map farmers in it.

4- It's ofc sts's choice that they wanna do it or not, or wanna consider this because they're the one who have in depth data related this kinda stuff, eg plat buying patterns, amounts etc. But that actually cant stop us bring the ideas and suggestions.

5- This can be done as a limited time and limited numbers per acc of plat crafting event to test the results, just an idea. Also may have a map and required farm-able recipes along with the required plats to craft the final plat blocks etc, would be pretty interesting.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-26-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Agreed

通过我的 SM-N935F 上的 Tapatalk发言

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

This was suggested last year during 100 cap. Cinco seems to refuse the idea, although he, and everyone knows that it would kill the black market down by %99. The only thing they cant avoid is some of those noobs buying humania face accounts, unless those faces were brought back. This would bring revenue to sts. People want gold and will do anything to get it. Some dont have time to farm/level. This will save them time and just have them purchase plat, then just sell it for gold. Its easy to impliment. Too nad cinco and the dev team dont seem to want us to have this.

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    This was suggested last year during 100 cap. Cinco seems to refuse the idea, although he, and everyone knows that it would kill the black market down by %99. The only thing they cant avoid is some of those noobs buying humania face accounts, unless those faces were brought back. This would bring revenue to sts. People want gold and will do anything to get it. Some dont have time to farm/level. This will save them time and just have them purchase plat, then just sell it for gold. Its easy to impliment. Too nad cinco and the dev team dont seem to want us to have this.
    There is a reason that games don't allow trading of their premium currencies. We are far from the only example of this.

This is a hard no from us.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com