Thread: Mage Endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Default Mage Endgame

I've finally decided to level up to 66 and play endgame soon and I was wondering what all you other mages run with for gear and pets? I'm starting to look into buying but many people recommend different gear setups. Also what do y'all do?? Ty in advance!

Ign: Shocann

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    I've finally decided to level up to 66 and play endgame soon and I was wondering what all you other mages run with for gear and pets? I'm starting to look into buying but many people recommend different gear setups. Also what do y'all do?? Ty in advance!

Ign: Shocann
    It all depends on what you want to do with your mage. I'm main mage and I got taint set and voice set. I use tainted set + speed set on any elite map to farm gold or elite kills. Voice set (5/5) is obviously to farm in mauso cos of the GL buff. Those 2 are my main sets but you could get 2/2 endless with DS/hex for maus and a lv66 gun/staff to farm other maps. The weapon is up to you. As you know DS is used mainly for bosses and hex staff for mobs.

The only set piece I always use is the voice belt cos I don't find any other belt better than the one I have (I think nm is better but I don't have nm set so..)

As for pets there's a huge variety that you can use. I have nekro as base pet and when I farm maus I use Lucky as HB for the extra GL). If you can't afford nekro, you can use any pet as base (look for one with a good passive such as armor weakening) and for HB look for an heroic pet (fenris, little bear, krampus, cottonkill, etc) and as AA I'm not really sure cos it depends on the situation. I always have nekro AA in maus (never use magma AA in maus) and for events like the marvelous one I use magma AA when I'm playing with TB tanks or swift AA if there's no TB tank or a rogue w traps. As I said, it depends on the situation.

While you level up don't focus too much on gear until you're around 58-61. Once you get there you can start using Dusk gear.

Hope this helps

Edit: let me know if you need help with skill builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kershy View Post
    It all depends on what you want to do with your mage. I'm main mage and I got taint set and voice set. I use tainted set + speed set on any elite map to farm gold or elite kills. Voice set (5/5) is obviously to farm in mauso cos of the GL buff. Those 2 are my main sets but you could get 2/2 endless with DS/hex for maus and a lv66 gun/staff to farm other maps. The weapon is up to you. As you know DS is used mainly for bosses and hex staff for mobs.

The only set piece I always use is the voice belt cos I don't find any other belt better than the one I have (I think nm is better but I don't have nm set so..)

As for pets there's a huge variety that you can use. I have nekro as base pet and when I farm maus I use Lucky as HB for the extra GL). If you can't afford nekro, you can use any pet as base (look for one with a good passive such as armor weakening) and for HB look for an heroic pet (fenris, little bear, krampus, cottonkill, etc) and as AA I'm not really sure cos it depends on the situation. I always have nekro AA in maus (never use magma AA in maus) and for events like the marvelous one I use magma AA when I'm playing with TB tanks or swift AA if there's no TB tank or a rogue w traps. As I said, it depends on the situation.

While you level up don't focus too much on gear until you're around 58-61. Once you get there you can start using Dusk gear.

Hope this helps

Thanks! Didn't know if anyone was actually going to reply. Yea I've been chillin' at level 63-64 because I didn't want to level up xD I decided to switch from tank main to mage main about a year ago. Again thx and it helps a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    Thanks! Didn't know if anyone was actually going to reply. Yea I've been chillin' at level 63-64 because I didn't want to level up xD I decided to switch from tank main to mage main about a year ago. Again thx and it helps a lot
    I was just surfing the forum and found your thread! Glad I helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kershy View Post

Hope this helps

Thank you so much.

I had a question though - Is the Drag staff only for bosses?

Meaning, is using Drag staff on Mobs, vs Using the lvl 61-66 Dusk Brutality Staff (or Gun) practical?

I have a Hex for wildfire, but curious to know if Drag staff > Dusk Bru for mobs.

Finally, Drag staff vs Boss vs lvl 66 Gun vs Boss - huge difference?

I am trying to justify the expense of the drag staff, vs building a speed/voice/nightmare set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojack View Post
    Thank you so much.

I had a question though - Is the Drag staff only for bosses?

Meaning, is using Drag staff on Mobs, vs Using the lvl 61-66 Dusk Brutality Staff (or Gun) practical?

I have a Hex for wildfire, but curious to know if Drag staff > Dusk Bru for mobs.

Finally, Drag staff vs Boss vs lvl 66 Gun vs Boss - huge difference?

I am trying to justify the expense of the drag staff, vs building a speed/voice/nightmare set.
    I wouldn't use the DS for mobs, I suggest you just use it for bosses.

To be fair, I wouldn't recommend buying a DS right now, because I believe STS is gonna nerf it.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Much appreciated. I've just been using the hexstaff for boss and no one seems to be complaining. A rogue friend and I just duo'd M4 thru the boss