Thread: 105 tourney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Default 105 tourney

If a 105 tourney is going to happen, it needs to be a solo tourney. This should occur after everything is balanced out. Str sets are too broken in teams and literally ruins all of the skill involved for pvp at this cap. Its just a bear pulling and pally debuff and nuking with the bear. No skill involved anymore. We havent had a solo tournament since 77 cap in which cloak won as a bear. Would be nice to have a tourney with plat/shield as reward for 1st/2nd/3rd place people get rewarded for their hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Solo tourney would be a terrible idea lol. Rhino would automatic win. And if rhinos are dqed then it would be an int mage. Team tournies are the way to go for this cap. And idk who you play with or against but a bear pally combo doesnt nuke an entire team lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLeft For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A solo tourney would be a bad idea specially since this cap is souly based on team play with all the procs that have been added with the weapons and the 1v1 hasnt been as good but the team fights has been very fun and actually enjoyable if there is going to be an L105 it should definitely be 3-3 ffa or 3-3 ctf would be very fun and challenging at the same time but yes there should be some balancing done before the tourney occurs and i still see people trying to even get a set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

As i literally stated in this post. "AFTER EVERYTHING IS BALANCED OUT" 77 cap was a great example of what i was talking about. Cloak won that in a solo. That was the first tourney we had solo and we need another one. Alot of people who have won tournies in the past are terrible in solos and more less get carried and have to rely on someone else to help them. You may have "skill" in teams but how does that make you good at all by yourself?

If they make a tourney in teams. Ban str mage. They are way too tanky and havent been balanced out. Rhino alredy needs a dodge nerf. Just like the last tourney for 100, everything wasnt balanced out before the tourney started. Thus rhino being OP during tourney. Although rhino didnt win, it was still destroying even good mage/bird teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Solo tourney would be a terrible idea lol. Rhino would automatic win. And if rhinos are dqed then it would be an int mage. Team tournies are the way to go for this cap. And idk who you play with or against but a bear pally combo doesnt nuke an entire team lol.
    Mages arent even OP lol. Mages can be killed by a talon bird. Bird just needs to keep mage away from its pool if it spawns and then root. Bird still does a good amount of damage to mage. Most of the birds crying are crying because bird doesnt nuke mage like the beginning of 100 cap. You have to play more defensively this cap in a bird v mage fight. The only buffs that i think need to be added is a little armor buff to fox and bear. Bear can barely do any damage as it is. It needs an armor buff to negate damage from mage and even bird. Mages still hitting 800+ even after being debuffed by a bear. I dont even play bear and i think bear should get an armor buff. Fox has been completly useless since 77 cap where EVERYTHING was actually fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'd like like (rhinoes and foxes totally out other than 1vs 1 class to class tourney)-
    - 1vs 1 class to class tourney
    - 3vs3 bear mage bird tourney
    - A new concept in pl tourney (probably) 1vs 1 cross class (or class to class depends on participant's choosing) where players can choose any 2 (/3 if bears viable in a 1v1) class outta 3 (bird, bear, mage) & play em equally at 1 vs 1 at a time and if undetermined (tie) both opponents can choose their desire class for the last match. There are many possibilities, even if, lets say nobdy wanna play with bear, still there can be lots combination - First match - bird vs mage or bird vs bird or mage vs mage then next round alteration for both - Mage vs bird or mage vs mage or bird vs bird if 2 matches conclude a tie last final match can be anything - bird vs mage or bird vs bird or mage vs mage or mage vs bird Imagine there can be so many combinations if bear's viable same way in a 1v1[Interesting fact of this kinda tourney to show off one's skill and command on multiple classes in one single tourney along with his /her understanding of class advantage over other classes]
    Last edited by Waug; 04-30-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    As i literally stated in this post. "AFTER EVERYTHING IS BALANCED OUT" 77 cap was a great example of what i was talking about. Cloak won that in a solo. That was the first tourney we had solo and we need another one. Alot of people who have won tournies in the past are terrible in solos and more less get carried and have to rely on someone else to help them. You may have "skill" in teams but how does that make you good at all by yourself? .
    That was not the first “solo” tourney... how long have you been playing this game? And again 1v1 cannot happen... you think people want to have a fight last until there battery dies? Unless you completely ban str sets from the tourney that will happen. I don’t think you pvp.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLeft For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

LOL. STR FIGHTS DONT LAST THAT LONG. Maybe pally vs rhino but no other has lasted that long.

Even if it wasnt the first solo tourney. We havent had one in, what? 4 years? People get carried and rely way to much on others to support them because they cant solo by them selves. Nearly all of restoration is terrible in solo. Other them ghost and cloak. Which cloak was originally from prevail. We need some skilled playere back in endgame pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Who are you lol? I am 99% sure you dont even know what a pvp arena is.
    Btw cloak wasnt originally from prevail lol. That guild lasted what 1 month?
    And name a tourney winner not in restoration. Besides the pay to win tourney that just happened.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneLeft For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

LOL. STR FIGHTS DONT LAST THAT LONG. Maybe pally vs rhino but no other has lasted that long.

Even if it wasnt the first solo tourney. We havent had one in, what? 4 years? People get carried and rely way to much on others to support them because they cant solo by them selves. Nearly all of restoration is terrible in solo. Other them ghost and cloak. Which cloak was originally from prevail. We need some skilled playere back in endgame pvp
    Is there a reason why you're calling out my guild when no one mentioned anything about it?

Not everyone in my guild is an expert at fighting in 1-1s, but I can name numerous people that are top players: Ghost (has done amazing in every tourney possible and has won quite a few), Gladiator/Lonebrute (has won solo and team tournies), Oneshotfury (amazing team and solo player), Sniper (one of the best birds in 1-1s in the modern era imo), among others.

I myself have participated in solo tournies and have gone to the finals in a few, only to lose 3-2 in games to Hahahahabirdy (the guy who has won the most tournies in the history of PL), while I beat and knocked out legendary birds like Kanital and Slushie along the way to the finals. So if you think I'm terrible in solos, I don't know what to tell you.

It seems as if you need a history lesson as well. The level 77 cap was certainly not the first solo tournament in the history of PL. There have been at least half a dozen other solo (endgame) tournaments before that one, won by people like Hahahahabirdy, Cloak, Alwaysdtf, Gladiator, Zeus, Shiloo etc. (I know there have been more, but I cannot remember). All former and/or current members of Restoration besides Birdy.

Cloak was also not in Prevail before Restoration. Cloak was originally a Unity member through-and-through (the day guilds came out) before it died out, made his own guild and merged with Revelation. When that too died out, he finally decided to join with Restoration and spent about 2-3 years in the guild before I took a hiatus from the game and he joined Prevail. I know this because he was one of my best friends before personal issues between us ended our friendship.

The level 77 cap solo tourney was going to be won by a bear before the tournament even started. The only one who could have possibly defeated a bear would have been a pally (everyone used str that tourney besides a few like Kanital). And even then, bears would just switch to dagger sets because the dps shredded, combined with bears being able to use the three trees and the tight enclosed space in the middle of that highly bear-favored ice map. When fighting anything besides pallies, bears would switch back to str and have a huge advantage against anything non-str because of the enclosed space in the middle. And besides Cloak, I believe Jig made it to the finals of that tournament as well (or semis?) and he's another Restoration member.

In closing, I'd like to say that not everyone has to be an amazing solo player to be good at pvp. There are great team players, there are great ctf players, there are great players who only know how to play one class and nothing else, there are players that don't do great in team play at all but are great solo players (like Birdy, who was able to win every solo tourney known to man but was never able to win a team tourney during his time) and of course players who are well rounded. Great pvpers can be formed in various ways. I myself have come to dislike solo fights over the years because I find them utterly boring. Before this cap, many kills in solos were decided by dodge (and whatever was the meta class/set). With this cap now upon us, solo fight winners are those playing the meta class and build that counters yours, who can proc at lucky times, who has better enchants and who can dodge the most critical skills. It's been this way for quite a while, which is why I prefer team fights over solo fights nowadays because it seems that team fights are less based on luck and more on the combined skill and strategy of players. That, and it's more fun. Other players are in their right to feel the opposite and enjoy solos if they wish.

If they make a tourney in teams. Ban str mage. They are way too tanky and havent been balanced out. Rhino alredy needs a dodge nerf. Just like the last tourney for 100, everything wasnt balanced out before the tourney started. Thus rhino being OP during tourney. Although rhino didnt win, it was still destroying even good mage/bird teams
    The bit about rhino during the 2v2 tourney last cap is completely incorrect. While rhinos were slightly overpowered in solo fights, they weren't a great choice for 2v2 fights at all. I did hundreds of fights leading up to my rhino fights in the tourney and rhino teams hardly won. If I had to guess, it would be lower than 10% of the time that rhino teams were able to win a game and it was only when the other teammate was able to rack up a very high kill count for the game (with pushback and freezes/roots/stuns, rhinos can't do anything). Rhinos were better in solos due to their insane ability to tank and 3v3s where there are more players to distract, support, and combo with. 2v2s were absolutely a rhino's weakness last cap (even though everyone said they would be op in the tourney) and it showed. No rhino team was able to make it to the finals, let alone the semi-finals.

Like I said earlier, I don't know why you're mentioning my guild at all in this thread by calling us out and I mean no disrespect to you. However, I take this as a lowblow when you randomly decide to personally attack our guild by calling us terrible in solos. Instead of trying to put others down, let's try to lift each other up.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-01-2018 at 04:05 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

first place: person with best awkens
    second place: person with second best awkens
    third place: person with third best awkens.... no ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mezem View Post
    Also comes down to who procs the most

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It takes more skill to play as a fluid team than to 1-1 anyway but besides that this cap is for TEAM PLAY not solo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mezem View Post
    lol Even with enchan @l105 and I still lost. False statement.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Dollo — That was a lovely trip down memory lane