How can one be a crazy cat lady when one can only equip ONE cat a time? If I'm gonna have to have 100 cats, shouldn't I be able to walk around with 100 cats? *PEER*

As for the drop thing, it's gets more interesting when it's end gear or there's sets involved at certain levels. For example, in PL, some of the best sets are at L55 and L60, but their components also drop at a scaled level. Now currently, if you're level say 51 but run with level 55+ people, you'll also receive a level 55 item and can begin to build up your L55 set. The drops were this way so while L55 sets items can be valuable, lots of them were dropped by whole groups. This makes the lower level scaled items valuable.

Imagine, now the release of a new campaign based upon this drop system: say an L36-40 campaign in SL, Slime City. In Slime City, there's a set at L40 and it's mega amazing -- you get to slime your opponents, thus freezing them and giving you 100xp. So everyone wants their slime set. However, the slime helm also drops at L36 and L38. When Slime City opens, there are no slime items in the game. Well, except the one on Flip.

So players enter and probably for the 1st few hours, everyone drops level 36 items. Some players level to L38, they start dropping L38 items. Everyone below L37 or L36 still drop L36 slime items. Eventually someone gets to L40 and can start to farm L40 slime items and farm for their set. Everyone who is below level 40 cannot farm L40 items. There are many more players at levels below 40, thus NOT farming end gear items.

Slime set items are mega-expensive and stay that way... until the mass of people begin their grind due to the announcement of a new campaign 3 months later.

I'm not sure it changes prices that much, other than you'll get much more high level farming, both high levels farming lower level equips and high levels farming end game equips, than you might get now. High levels will spread out. Good? Bad?

OTOH (), it's possible STS is moving away from that and to multiple level sets, re:the hardcore gear stuff in PL. So there's the possibility of scaled sets, which actually would be pretty neat.