Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 305

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

  1. #181
    Junior Member Oby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    You mean it has put one guild against the rest of the community? Literally PC gained 1k members in 3 days just because of this event. This is a divisive event. This isnt "bringing the community together for a common goal" if the whole event is a winner take all.
    Bringing 1000 people to one place in 3 days, despite PvP wars that have ignited on and off for years... Sounds like the community coming together for one goal to me. That goal being, win the event.

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oby For This Useful Post:


  3. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bo3 lobbies
    Posts
    693
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Its not a community event. Its a winner take all event. Everyone joining 1 guild completely defeats the purpose of the event in the first place. The Forgotten Treasure event was a community event. This being because EVERYONE in the community worked together to acquire the vanity helm that we were rewarded. The way people are going about this event is just an exploitation to accquire what they otherwise wouldnt in whatever small guild they were in. They will leave as soon as they get what they want. Thats just abusing the system and the people in your guild. Thats not "coming together as a community"

  4. #183
    Banned Draebatad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Guarding Alterra
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    397
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Btw, i notice we will be eligable to have a chance at crafting materials. Can we also get a chance at rings seeing as there is also a shortage of those that ive only seen drop in maxx cave? Had some friends cap 30+ toons and seen between 5-7 drop on all those.
    Rings are very rare to drop even with 100% luck in Maxx cave. Others have also requested rings for this same reason. They are needed to complete the sets, so it makes sense.

  5. #184
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere
    Posts
    64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Its not a community event. Its a winner take all event. Everyone joining 1 guild completely defeats the purpose of the event in the first place. The Forgotten Treasure event was a community event. This being because EVERYONE in the community worked together to acquire the vanity helm that we were rewarded. The way people are going about this event is just an exploitation to accquire what they otherwise wouldnt in whatever small guild they were in. They will leave as soon as they get what they want. Thats just abusing the system and the people in your guild. Thats not "coming together as a community"
    Why does it matter if everyone joined the same guild? I feel as tho you are just mad because you were wanting reborn to win so you could make tons of gold off the white dragon sets since the guild would have a monopoly over them

  6. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bo3 lobbies
    Posts
    693
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Why does it matter if everyone joined the same guild? I feel as tho you are just mad because you were wanting reborn to win so you could make tons of gold off the white dragon sets since the guild would have a monopoly over them
    Why would i be mad?? Im not mad that reborn isnt gonna win at this point. Already know that. But for people to say that this is a community event, is wrong. Its dividing the community even more and making other use people to acquire something else they otherwise wouldnt. The whole point of the event was guild vs guild. Not 1 guild vs EVERYONE else. %85-95 of the people that have joined PC since this event was announce, will leave after because they EXPLOITED the event. They are just using PC. Thats a reason Reborn didnt open its doors to randoms that just want to join to use us.

    Dont forget. Sts probably is gonna charge 2k plat or more just to even craft the white drag set. Not gonna waste that much $$ on 1 set just to put it on an alt or to sell.

  7. #186
    Banned Draebatad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Guarding Alterra
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    397
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Everyone joining 1 guild completely defeats the purpose of the event in the first place.
    Because the concept of a guild VS guild event has been exploited, it is most definitely not a guild competition. No challenge. No fun in having a face off VS other guilds. No competition. Very nice awards, however! Easy as pie to "win". Just could've been done differently to make it truly a fun and fair guild VS guild event, one that lived up to the definition of a guild VS guild competition. Thank you, though. The new vanities, discounted guns and elite gear for gold will be truly appreciated.

  8. #187
    Junior Member Oby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Why would i be mad?? Im not mad that reborn isnt gonna win at this point. Already know that. But for people to say that this is a community event, is wrong. Its dividing the community even more and making other use people to acquire something else they otherwise wouldnt. The whole point of the event was guild vs guild. Not 1 guild vs EVERYONE else. %85-95 of the people that have joined PC since this event was announce, will leave after because they EXPLOITED the event. They are just using PC. Thats a reason Reborn didnt open its doors to randoms that just want to join to use us.

    Dont forget. Sts probably is gonna charge 2k plat or more just to even craft the white drag set. Not gonna waste that much $$ on 1 set just to put it on an alt or to sell.
    It's not being used if no one is negatively affect. Players from all United to get a sweet vending machine. People happened to choose PC, due to the already high activity. When the event is wrapped up, everyone will be happy. No one expects all the uniting members to stay in PC. Some will stay, some will go, but in the end no one was used because no one got hurt. )

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oby For This Useful Post:


  10. #188
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    The Guild Event is a gold sink. Itís not particularly aggressive but it will have an impact on merchant players operating at various points along the trade spectrum.

    Hello .. Mr Cinco
    Thank you for this clarification on the reason for the guild event ... but wouldn't everyone having access to the vendor be better if we need a gold sink?
    Thank You, Imrandy

  11. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bo3 lobbies
    Posts
    693
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    It's not being used if no one is negatively affect. Players from all United to get a sweet vending machine. People happened to choose PC, due to the already high activity. When the event is wrapped up, everyone will be happy. No one expects all the uniting members to stay in PC. Some will stay, some will go, but in the end no one was used because no one got hurt. )

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    So all those people that just joined your guild just to sit and do nothing to HELP, thats not hurting you? This no longer is a guild vs guild event. Its just exploitation of another guild.

    So if i go and use somebody for money that i otherwise couldnt accquire. Thats not exploitation or using them? Love that logic.

  12. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bo3 lobbies
    Posts
    693
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AAPG View Post

    Hello .. Mr Cinco
    Thank you for this clarification on the reason for the guild event ... but wouldn't everyone having access to the vendor be better if we need a gold sink?
    Thank You, Imrandy
    That would be a better way to go about it. Give us a certain amount of points to attain either solo or as a COMMUNITY to acquire the vendor access. Would make much more sense.

  13. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    111
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    183
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    So all those people that just joined your guild just to sit and do nothing to HELP, thats not hurting you? This no longer is a guild vs guild event. Its just exploitation of another guild.

    So if i go and use somebody for money that i otherwise couldnt accquire. Thats not exploitation or using them? Love that logic.
    You assume very low of a whole lot of very good people that have no intention of not trying to farm the gear they need and these new vanities...

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

  14. #192
    Junior Member Oby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    So all those people that just joined your guild just to sit and do nothing to HELP, thats not hurting you? This no longer is a guild vs guild event. Its just exploitation of another guild.

    So if i go and use somebody for money that i otherwise couldnt accquire. Thats not exploitation or using them? Love that logic.
    Them joining our guild isn't costing anyone money. Majority of those who joined are actually extremely active pve players, and it would be highly unlikely for these pve, leaderboard ranked players to sit back and let the rest of the population have all the pve fun.

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

  15. #193
    Junior Member Oby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old. It's a matter of participation, not size. A guild with 10k members that's 0.2% active has no chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I agree! Get your guild active and win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    You could make a guild right now and get the most active players in the game and win the whole thing. Amount and activity are very different. That aside I think that there should be a Gamewide goal. A number set in place that the community as a whole must hit to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipunsky View Post
    Definitely not just you. Any active guild can win.
    Winner will be the guild with Active members

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?
    Directly after the initial announcement, MANY players were actually encouraging people to unite with active members. There was even a suggestion to make a new guild just for this event and fill it with the most active of members. Now that, that has been done... There is back lash? Filling an already established guild with active members is equivalent to starting a brand new guild and doing the SAME thing. I may be missing something but it seems like we just took some great advice.

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

  16. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bo3 lobbies
    Posts
    693
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oby View Post
    directly after the initial announcement, many players were actually encouraging people to unite with active members. There was even a suggestion to make a new guild just for this event and fill it with the most active of members. Now that, that has been done... There is back lash? Filling an already established guild with active members is equivalent to starting a brand new guild and doing the same thing. I may be missing something but it seems like we just took some great advice.

    Pcguild.wix.com/guild
    key words here. Directly after the announcement. Not 24hrs. Not 2 days. Not currently where we stand right now. None of them anticipated the exploitation of everyone joining the sam guild lol.

  17. #195
    Junior Member Oby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    key words here. Directly after the announcement. Not 24hrs. Not 2 days. Not currently where we stand right now. None of them anticipated the exploitation of everyone joining the sam guild lol.
    It was suggested but not expected?

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

  18. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bo3 lobbies
    Posts
    693
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    86
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    My key words are EVERYONE. EVERYONE that is active joined 1 guild. Thus making it no longer a guild vs guild competition. Not to mention the fact that white drag sets are CHARACTER bound. Not even stashable lol.

  19. #197
    Junior Member Oby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    My key words are EVERYONE. EVERYONE that is active joined 1 guild. Thus making it no longer a guild vs guild competition. Not to mention the fact that white drag sets are CHARACTER bound. Not even stashable lol.
    It was suggested a guild increase activity with extremely active players. Pocket Community has done just that. I just think the guild blew the expectation, of many players, out of the water.

    pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

  20. #198
    Banned Draebatad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Guarding Alterra
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    397
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

    Default

    It goes without saying that as always, PL players will always find a way to exploit any situation they can. This major event is no exception. However the devs called it a guild VS guild competition, and they probably didn't anticipate that there would be absolutely no competition whatsoever. That my friends, is exploitation at its finest. And because of that, the current dynamics of this "competition", make it a fail before takeoff. But, yes, the ezpz rewards (because there's no challenge) are there for all for the taking. Enjoy and gz, you earned it.

  21. #199
    Onebigsmurfmello
    Guest

    Default

    If your guild was the one everyone was joining you wouldn't be mad.... You just can't accept you aren't winning this event
    Last edited by Onebigsmurfmello; 05-06-2018 at 06:36 PM. Reason: wrong wording

  22. #200
    Banned Draebatad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Guarding Alterra
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    397
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onebigsmurfmello View Post
    If your guild was the one everyone was joining you wouldn't be mad.... You just can't help but accept you aren't winning this event
    That's not the point at all. In the end we will all reap the same rewards. We turned away everyone who wanted to join us because this isn't a free for all guild. The issue at hand is that there are no metrics in place to ensure a guild VS guild competition. I believe I've made this clear many times already.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 10:43 AM
  2. Pocket Legends "Dress in Green" Event!
    By Seoratrek in forum PL Contests
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-20-2015, 08:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •