Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,155 Posts

Default PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

A NEW EVENT is coming: The Mad Mage's Castle - Guild Leaderboard Event!
    Name:  mad_mage_castle_01.jpg
Views: 3223
Size:  283.3 KB
    The "MAD MAGE'S CASTLE" Event is a realm-wide competition for Guilds!

During the multi-day event:
    + Hunt for a portal to the "Mad Mage's Castle" (no purchase necessary - available to Legends of all levels).
    + Enter the portal (solo... it's balanced for solo players) and defeat monsters to score Points for your Guild!
    + Standard monsters give +1 Point, Golden monsters +10, Boss monsters +20, and 'Myxx' gives +30 Points.
    + Chance to loot Elite Amulet crafting components, Mage Cave crafting components and the rare ‘White Lightning’ vanity helm and armor.
    + Check the Guild Event Leaderboard to mark your progress.

At the end of the Event, the Guild with the most Points is declared the Winner!
    Members of the Winning Guild gain access to a special vendor for 48 hours.
    (Note: you must be a member of the guild during the Event to qualify; late-comers get no access.)
    Winning Guild Members can access the Event Prize vendor from the 'Guild Management' Knight in the Guild Hall to purchase:
    + Unique Vanity Helm, Vanity Armor and Pet (ranging 500k to 1.5MM)
    + Level 105 Amulets, Rings and Elite Level 105 Weapons (for 2MM to 8MM gold each)
    + Deep discounts on Pure and Hemi-Stat weapons (still for Platinum)
    Name:  mad_mage_castle_02.jpg
Views: 3810
Size:  263.3 KB

Bosses and Gold Skeletons have a small chance to drop crafting materials for Level 105 Elite Proc Weapons.
    The Vanity items shown above are the "White Lightning" Helm and Armor - extremely rare loot drops from monsters.
    The Vanity items shown below are part of the "White Dragon" suite: Helmet, Armor and Pet.

Name:  mad_mage_castle_03.jpg
Views: 2627
Size:  148.8 KB
    These Vanity items are character-bound but can be crafted into trade-able items for Plat (100 - 300 Plat depending on the item).

This event is currently slated to go live at the end of next week: May 11th - 13th with prizes available May 14th and 15th.
    Last edited by Cinco; 05-08-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Revised prices after peeking at gold balances ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Nice Really like the idea
    Ty Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

As promised in the 2014 white drag thread, I will be purchasing however much plat it takes to get that!
    Last edited by Alphasemana; 05-02-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

The only two guilds that have a chance of winning this are Pocket Community and Reborn based on the number of players they have.

Smaller guilds (like mine) who prefer quality over quantity have zero chance to win this event.

This will also have an impact on tearing apart other guilds who choose to join Pocket Community or Reborn for the event just so they can win.

I dislike the idea because it's not inclusive to all guilds, but rather only a select few who could win based solely on numbers.

Edit: Since some of you think this post was an indirect diss towards Reborn or PC, it wasn't. Each of these guilds have high quality PVE players. Hopefully my second post on the second page clarifies what I mean about my 'quality vs quantity' statement and the numbers game. Oby seems to understand what I mean, but some players in Reborn are misinterpreting it. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-02-2018 at 11:54 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    The only two guilds that have a chance of winning this are Pocket Community and Reborn based on the number of players they have.

Smaller guilds (like mine) who prefer quality over quantity have zero chance to win this event.

This will also have an impact on tearing apart other guilds who choose to join Pocket Community or Reborn for the event just so they can win.

I dislike the idea because it's not inclusive to all guilds, but rather only a select few who could win based solely on numbers.
    I actually agree Dolloway. I don't know why, but this one just doesn't appeal to me.

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oby For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - &quot;The Mad Mage's Castle!&quot;

I've gotta agree. I have to think this is gonna play out as a two-horse race. And all the while, everyone in both guilds will be joining the other guild with an alt. So that no matter which guild prevails, they will have access to the reward. Both guilds will be actively recruiting, as always. It won't be at all hard for any player in the game with 2-3 characters to ensure they have access to the reward vendor.

Also, the gold prices for the reward items at the vendor will be one determining factor, as far as how much time and effort people will want to put into this event. Imagine grinding the event dungeon hard and having your guild win, only to discover that the items you wanted to buy cost more gold than you possess. I feel that the item prices from the reward vendor should be announced before the event starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ortalan; 05-02-2018 at 09:00 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ortalan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I love the concept of the event, but I have to agree with others, a guild event is hard for the smaller guilds.

Perhaps a leaderboard event, where the top 50 or 100 participants get to reap the rewards. So any one who grinds hard gets to achieve the benefits.

Loving the white dragon!

And I appreciate that your making an option for 105 amulets and weapons to be bought with pl gold from a vendor.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

<WRE> iz gona wen boiz

Apart from joke, nice idea. Probably first of its kind. Hopefully we will similar guild wars for PvP too and other PvP challenges.
    Sure this can be improved with new ideas , it has some cons but overall thrilling to see new ideas.

+1 love this that how this gonna be the hot subject among all everyone is gonna talk about it farm together and make a guild enjoy PvE like never b4.
    Last edited by Waug; 05-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Agree. Great concept, but unfair to all but a select few guilds.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasemana View Post
    As promised in the 2014 white drag thread, I will be purchasing however much plat it takes to get that!
    While it's nice , it's not white drag. Doesn't have the dragon wings, has cyber jet mods. White drag to me is angelic white body and helm base with 14 karat gold horns, wings,, arms and legs.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

A vendor selling 105 weapons and amulets sounds awesome... but needing to join another guild to buy them doesn't. It would be nice to see everyone get a chance for these vanities and items.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Oby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?
    Yeah, it's definitely just you

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Reborn is a closed group guild. Membership is exclusive and is decided collectively by the guild and its officers. Our goal will never be to tear apart other guilds. We are content with the quality of our guildies and will not be aiming for other players from other guilds; As we have done so since our beginning.

Secondly: All guilds with active players who will actively grind out this event have a fair chance at winning. This is where Quality and hard work will shine over quantity and statistics.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Definitely not just you. Any active guild can win.
    Winner will be the guild with Active members

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nipunsky; 05-02-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely just you

You could make a guild right now and get the most active players in the game and win the whole thing. Amount and activity are very different. That aside I think that there should be a Gamewide goal. A number set in place that the community as a whole must hit to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

That's saying every other guild, besides the one that wins, doesn't have quality players... guilds that focus on quality over quantity are put at a huge disadvantage. No way around it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipunsky View Post
    Definitely not just you. Any active guild can win.
    Winner will be the guild with quality members

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree with what sunny said. Make it the top 25-50 guild to get the rewards larger guild has more players to run the map at 1 time. Smaller guilds would have to grind alot more to achieve the same results as a larger guild with 2x the amount of active players. Or a nice thing would be brackets if available. So depending on the amount of guild members determines what teir you would be in. So that means guild with less members have just as much chance to achive 1st in their own bracket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azitraozuci View Post
    I agree with what sunny said. Make it the top 25-50 guild to get the rewards larger guild has more players to run the map at 1 time. Smaller guilds would have to grind alot more to achieve the same results as a larger guild with 2x the amount of active players. Or a nice thing would be brackets if available. So depending on the amount of guild members determines what teir you would be in. So that means guild with less members have just as much chance to achive 1st in their own bracket.
    I do like the bracket idea for sure!

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

While it's nice , it's not white drag. Doesn't have the dragon wings, has cyber jet mods. White drag to me is angelic white body and helm base with 14 karat gold horns, wings,, arms and legs.
    Same ;_;

I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature