Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

It's really funny you thought it was fair when all guilds but 2 got excluded automatically just for their size, now that your guild is excluded as well you changed your mind lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    That's not the point at all. In the end we will all reap the same rewards. We turned away everyone who wanted to join us because this isn't a free for all guild. The issue at hand is that there are no metrics in place to ensure a guild VS guild competition. I believe I've made this clear many times already.
    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

FFA

Onebigsmurfmello

It's alright everyone decided to join forces a great way to bring people together. If you don't like how the event turned out, don't participate. Bringing active people together might have been the best thing this competition did, before the competition has even started. Thank you Cinco for bringing people together and allowing them to overcome their differences with each other and help to make PL a stronger community even if it wasn't intended at first.

Not the players' fault they decided announced things and people came together. You can't do anything about it now so embrace it and stop complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old. It's a matter of participation, not size. A guild with 10k members that's 0.2% active has no chance.
    Get your guild active and win right drae?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLeft For This Useful Post:

FFA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    It's really funny you thought it was fair when all guilds but 2 got excluded automatically just for their size, now that your guild is excluded as well you changed your mind lol

Smh. In the beggining, there was a possibility of any guild winning depending on activity of members. Now that ALL of the active members that play constantly joined 1 guild. Its no longer a competition. Reborn doesnt care if PC wins. Just stop calling it a competition or even a community event. Call it what it is lol. EXPLOITATION.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post

Well said.

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

Onebigsmurfmello

It's not exploitative at all lol you all are funny. It's called being smart and wanting to join forces for a greater good...... Many times guilds do this!

You can't fault the people of PL for the Dev releasing this and not thinking about the possibility that people would join their guilds haha. Even I would think that as the first thing people would do.
    Last edited by Onebigsmurfmello; 05-06-2018 at 06:54 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onebigsmurfmello For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

As far as I can tell any guild can win. Get your activity up and win! )

pcguild.wix.com/guild

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oby For This Useful Post:

FFA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

There are no metrics in place to make it a competitive guild vs guild event. Therefore it is not a competition. The concept of a guild VS guild event has been fully compromised. As I said, we all reap the easy rewards so that's fine by me. Are you all concerned STS might fix this mess and make it a real competition? Seems so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

There are no metrics in place to make it a competitive guild vs guild event. Therefore it is not a competition. The concept of a guild VS guild event has been fully compromised. As I said, we all reap the easy rewards so that's fine by me. Are you all concerned STS might fix this mess and make it a real competition? Seems so.
    I 100% would rather see this be a solo event to make the white dragon sets have some value.
    Imo keep the event the way it is but add solo incentives like the top 25 or top 50 get a free exclusive dragon set. Maybe a white/blue dragon set. So everyone can have something to try for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The event is grand! I see awesome activity in game, great enthusiasm, and people working together. I feel there is nothing that spacetimes could have done better.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Onebigsmurfmello

It is a guild verse guild? Anyone can change and join another guild if they want before the event, that's how a guild system works. Heck, I could leave my guild and join any other guild. You are upset because you think "The Odds Are Forever Not In Your Favor" but any guild can win as far as im concerned..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I could care less who wins lol. Just call it what it is. Exploitation of the event. NO competition.

Although the white drag set being stashable and not character bound, unless crafted into a tradable set with plat would be nice. To designate it to 1 toon without spending (what will more then likely be a substantial amount of plat) would be terrible for F2P players. No one has seemed to focus on that part seeing as how alot of people have been complaining about the plat maps only for crafting materials, an no free maps.

Onebigsmurfmello

PL has to make money somehow to stay a float. It's like every other game.... only so much is free before you have to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onebigsmurfmello View Post
    pl has to make money somehow to stay a float. It's like every other game.... Only so much is free before you have to pay.
    you literally just missed what i said. Most who spend the plat to craft it. May eventualy intend on making gold from this event. Alot will spend gold, but few will spend the plat to craft, but yet people will go and complain that crafting materials should be available to f2p players because of their position on the planet? I purchase plat and still have an issue with the majority of players not being able to make any gold or even being able to stash it. One person may only have enough for 1 drag set and want to use it on all characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    I 100% would rather see this be a solo event to make the white dragon sets have some value.
    Imo keep the event the way it is but add solo incentives like the top 25 or top 50 get a free exclusive dragon set. Maybe a white/blue dragon set. So everyone can have something to try for.
    It should be an event open to all players, just like every other event in the past. And not what it currently is (I think we've sufficiently covered what it is and isn't already, and why).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Smh. In the beggining, there was a possibility of any guild winning depending on activity of members. Now that ALL of the active members that play constantly joined 1 guild. Its no longer a competition. Reborn doesnt care if PC wins. Just stop calling it a competition or even a community event. Call it what it is lol. EXPLOITATION.
    You mean common sense? Ok I'll call it common sense.

You also mean in the beginning* Reborn had a chance of winning, not any guild right?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Gold sinks are good policy for maintaining a balanced economy. Pocket Legends has very few gold sinks and an abundance of gold faucets. As a result, we have inflation (in some instances it’s hyper-inflation).

The Guild Event is a gold sink. It’s not particularly aggressive but it will have an impact on merchant players operating at various points along the trade spectrum.
    I think it's bit more complex than just simple inflation, it's a situation of economic inequality. Over the period of time merchants and those who farm and sell valuable items to make huge gold sitting on a pile of gold (I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just bringing some facts to describe current economic situation)

But that's an absorption of gold from others not an way to generate gold, making / generating gold is pretty hard and only comes from small chunk of gold from pve enemies and item liquidation and direct gold buying with plat that nobody does.

Now if I come to practical experience, keeping the theories at hold. What I noticed is that - where is inflation? since years, it's getting hard and harder to sell items, seems like ppl hardly wanna buy items (majority) because to them it's hard to get gold and they are very choosy. If you ask me, item and vanity prices are seems to be lowest at it's value, sure there are other causes as well but then it again come back source of gold, if pl had great flow of new comers they would generate gold and infuse gold into the system and buy items etc. It's common to get PM - "omg 10m, how to earn 10m, im done" they got a point, I'd suggest to merch and get gold off other players or to farm items for gold then again majority of players can't afford, it's hard to sell and items keep falling at price. The argue can be - hey farm the items, problem solved, right? but we are talking about economy and current economy is like that, either you're sitting on a pile of gold or it's almost impossible to FARM (generate) gold.

From my point of view as it's necessary to do gold sink (guild event, item enchantment) it's also very much necessary to increase the flow of gold to the general players, to the system, some kinda increase of direct small gold from mobs, increasing liquidation price etc. For an idea, there might a L105 max map with boss chance to drop Gold orb (like xp orb) small amount of gold not high in number.

One clarification is needed, This is not in the context of guild event, because somehow the point has arrived here, the event is cool and asking more and more aint fair.
    Last edited by Waug; 05-06-2018 at 11:34 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    I think it's bit more complex than just simple inflation, it's a situation of economic inequality. Over the period of time merchants and those who farm and sell valuable items to make huge gold sitting on a pile of gold (I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just bringing some facts to describe current economic situation)

But that's an absorption of gold from others not an way to generate gold, making / generating gold is pretty hard and only comes from small chunk of gold from pve enemies and item liquidation and direct gold buying with plat that nobody does.

Now if I come to practical experience, keeping the theories at hold. What I noticed is that - where is inflation? since years, it's getting hard and harder to sell items, seems like ppl hardly wanna buy items (majority) because to them it's hard to get gold and they are very choosy. If you ask me, item and vanity prices are seems to be lowest at it's value, sure there are other causes as well but then it again come back source of gold, if pl had great flow of new comers they would generate gold and infuse gold into the system and buy items etc. It's common to get PM - "omg 10m, how to earn 10m, im done" they got a point, I'd suggest to merch and get gold off other players or to farm items for gold then again majority of players can't afford, it's hard to sell and items keep falling at price. The argue can be - hey farm the items, problem solved, right? but we are talking about economy and current economy is like that, either you're sitting on a pile of gold or it's almost impossible to FARM (generate) gold.

From my point of view as it's necessary to do gold sink (guild event, item enchantment) it's also very much necessary to increase the flow of gold to the general players, to the system, some kinda increase of direct small gold from mobs, increasing liquidation price etc. For an idea, there might a L105 max map with boss chance to drop Gold orb (like xp orb) small amount of gold not high in number.

One clarification is needed, This is not in the context of guild event, because somehow the point has arrived here, the event is cool and asking more and more aint fair.
    I really like this idea. Rarely do I see new players be able to progress through the game and become successful. Not many people are geared due to scarcity of gold, and with no circular flow in PL's current economy it seems as if it has reached stagflation in a sense. This gold sink event is a smart move, but after the event ends PL will flow back to its old state of the wealthy not spending money and hoarding items, and the poor not being able to become wealthy. In addition, a major factor of PL's current economic state is low activity in PvP. I think what really killed off lower levels of pvp was enchantments. Yeah, sure, STS made a few bucks in the short run, but enchantments killed off a lot of the PL community. PvP has always has been a main factor in driving PL's economy, but since little to none are active at formerly populated pvp areas (L30-76) the economy has been stagnant. In the past I've noticed a lot of people making most of their gold selling lower level PvP sets (demonic, sentinel, swift etc) but now are unable to sell these same items since no one PvP's at those levels.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGotenks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

How much plat will it be to convert it? Just so I can start saving now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hello.. Ok Im cool with this event now .. it goes like this

Move most of the gold in the game to one guild ...create a guild event ... and the prize is a vendor that sells high priced exclusive items to take gold from the guild out of the game.
    I can live with that ... as long as it works.
    I don't think which guild matters that much ... as most players in the game won't be able to afford the vendor anyway ... me included.
    So its a farming event for most ... and we wait hope the economy balance thing works out .. and we get another opportunity for white dragon in the future.
    At least we will find out who the gold "horders" are in the game they will be wearing white dragon.

"Cheers" and happy farming ... Imrandy

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AAPG For This Useful Post: