Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POLL: Summer Endgame PvP Tournament

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    The white/ gold trim tourney shield to match the white drag seems like a good idea to me as well
    I honestly like team tourneys better than 1v1, so maybe a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney but even teams, like a team of 3 can have 1 mage, 1 bear, 1 bird and same for other team. I hope we actually do have a 105 tourney 👍👍
    I do think it would be in the tournament’s best interest to have balanced teams. For example, a 5v5 CTF tournament would consist of teams of 1 bear, 2 birds, and 2 mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I do think it would be in the tournament’s best interest to have balanced teams. For example, a 5v5 CTF tournament would consist of teams of 1 bear, 2 birds, and 2 mages.
    alot of people dont like CTF due to the fact of it taking forever to finish. We should have 2 tourney's. A solo tourney in arena and a team tourney in CTF. Would bring much more participants and bring 2 different types of players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    alot of people dont like CTF due to the fact of it taking forever to finish. We should have 2 tourney's. A solo tourney in arena and a team tourney in CTF. Would bring much more participants and bring 2 different types of players.
    It's kind of tricky to manage two tournaments at the same time. I would rather host two different tournaments at different times.

I want as many people to be in as many tournaments possible. Having two tournaments to sift through the players who want to have a 1v1 or a CTF tournament doesn't really let me achieve that.

My last bias about hosting a CTF tournament first is that this community has no idea how fun CTF is. I am really trying to put an effort into revitalizing the PvP community, and a major facet of it is the CTF side. When's the last time a 5v5 CTF game was hosted? Nobody ever joins them anymore, and they were extremely popular back in the good ole' days.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

As fun as 5v5 gameplay sounds. Seems like getting 10 people online at once may be difficult, and would require 20 players for just 4 teams... Don't get me wrong, it may change by the time the tournament occurs, but I'm not sure we have a community active enough at endgame pvp for it at this time. I HOPE to see more players going to pvp and especially ctf but a 3v3 just sounds more feasible to me for the time being.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

It's kind of tricky to manage two tournaments at the same time. I would rather host two different tournaments at different times.

I want as many people to be in as many tournaments possible. Having two tournaments to sift through the players who want to have a 1v1 or a CTF tournament doesn't really let me achieve that.

My last bias about hosting a CTF tournament first is that this community has no idea how fun CTF is. I am really trying to put an effort into revitalizing the PvP community, and a major facet of it is the CTF side. When's the last time a 5v5 CTF game was hosted? Nobody ever joins them anymore, and they were extremely popular back in the good ole' days.
    You can always have 1 other person help keep track of brackets. There are other people capable of assisting you in the tournaments. As we have already seen. Jen hosted one, but it was terribly managed due to timing and activity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

We should do a 5v5 balanced team, 1 bear, 2 bird, 2 mages. Showcased in the new arena for 105 (shadow fight), just seems right for the first 105 tourney to be hosted in a new 105 arena.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muzzling For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Trouble is figuring out that many teams for a 5v5 ctf tourney and if pallys are allowed etc etc certain classes

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

5v5 ctf 1 bear 2 birds 2 mages.
    Castle keepaway map
    Allow 2 str sets 2 int sets and 2 dex sets. So teams can choose how they want to approach the tournament in terms of class setups.

Example: 1 str bear, 1 pally, 2 dex birds, 1 int mage
    Example 2. 1 dex bear, 1 pally, 1 dex bird, 1 warbird, 1 int mage.
    Example 3. 1 str bear, 2 int mages, 2 dex birds.

This would be a good way to see some different team setups. And make everyone happy in the meantime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Im looking for partners.

I can enchant with plats for the team.

I think 2v2 or 3v3 is best because its challenging to arrange 5v5 battles.

More teams makes the tourney interesting and fun.

Bird, Mage, and Bear

Matching shield colors to sets do not look that great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I might try rolling with a 5v5 for starters. Honestly, people join these tournaments when they have a shot at a super-cool looking, exclusive shield.

Worst casenario, we don’t get numbers and we switch to 3v3 or the sorts