Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Summer Endgame PvP Tournament

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default POLL: Summer Endgame PvP Tournament

What’s up guys, it’s that beautiful time of the year. Summer is right around the corner and I’m beyond thrilled to start hosting some tournaments.

What kind of tournament(s) do you want to see? What kind of prizes do you want?
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-07-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I am making a new bird, will be doing PvP with it once I cap.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Should start it in end of June seems like a reasonable amount of time for people to finish their sets

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yep, I wasn’t planning on hosting it for some time, just want to get an idea of the type of tourney that people want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Well i would like to see pvp balanced all the way first. Pally should be banned. Maybe even 2 seperate tournies. 1 2v2/3v3 tean tourney and a 1v1 tourney. Prizes should be a white/gold trim tourney shield to match the white drag armor we are getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

got mage, bear, archer 105, fox is 94 atm (105 in 2-3 days) and rhino to 105 last. once i got tyben set or talon set ill join pvp. gotta wait 2 weeks till 105 sets under 10m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Well i would like to see pvp balanced all the way first. Pally should be banned. Maybe even 2 seperate tournies. 1 2v2/3v3 tean tourney and a 1v1 tourney. Prizes should be a white/gold trim tourney shield to match the white drag armor we are getting.
    Why should pallies be banned? Any good int mage can kill a pally. What about a rhino as i havent seen anyone beat a rhino 1v1. Dont segregate against 1 class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Pallies/bear teams are really broken especially if both are axe. Way too tanky on mage. Axe bears in teams, are amazing. Pallies just make it broken. Its not balanced yet. This is why i was annoyed that cinco didnt make it class based again. Currently bow is still broken ever after the nerf to allow the bow to only hit at a 15% chance. The range is dumb with the proc it has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I kind of want a 5v5 ctf tourney. We haven't had one since the level 61 cap I believe. While it would be hard to get that many people online at once, it has been done in the past and can work as history shows. Maybe to balance things out, each team would need one of every class. Or if you want to keep it with the original classes, maybe two mages, two birds, one bear?

I really don't think we should have a 1v1 tourney, at least not in this pvp's current state. The pvp this cap is clearly designed to be team based. With axe sets, str fights tend to last forever. And of course, foxes would have virtually no chance at winning such a tourney. Rhinos would have the ultimate advantage in this type of tournament given the fact that they are extremely hard to kill... No bears can kill rhinos, at least not any I have seen (I do have a 105 rhino, so I'm speaking based on experience as well). The rhino is always nearly full in every fight. A rhino or int mage would probably win if such a tournament were to happen today. So I would vote no to this idea unless huge changes are made to balance 1v1s.

And I'm always down for a 2v2 or 3v3 pvp tournament as well. The prize for the tournament(s) should be a gold and white tournament shield to match the new white dragon sets.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I kind of want a 5v5 ctf tourney. We haven't had one since the level 61 cap I believe. While it would be hard to get that many people online at once, it has been done in the past and can work as history shows. Maybe to balance things out, each team would need one of every class. Or if you want to keep it with the original classes, maybe two mages, two birds, one bear?

I really don't think we should have a 1v1 tourney, at least not in this pvp's current state. The pvp this cap is clearly designed to be team based. With axe sets, str fights tend to last forever. And of course, foxes would have virtually no chance at winning such a tourney. Rhinos would have the ultimate advantage in this type of tournament given the fact that they are extremely hard to kill... No bears can kill rhinos, at least not any I have seen (I do have a 105 rhino, so I'm speaking based on experience as well). The rhino is always nearly full in every fight. A rhino or int mage would probably win if such a tournament were to happen today. So I would vote no to this idea unless huge changes are made to balance 1v1s.

And I'm always down for a 2v2 or 3v3 pvp tournament as well. The prize for the tournament(s) should be a gold and white tournament shield to match the new white dragon sets.
    I actually agree with you here. I know some people dont like ctf at all. Im one of those people. Id much rather see a 1v1 arena tourney and a 5v5 ctf tourney after all classes are evenly balanced. The bow set still needs some tweaking and i think bear and fox need a buff. Rhino needs a slight nerf.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Why should pallies be banned? Any good int mage can kill a pally. What about a rhino as i havent seen anyone beat a rhino 1v1. Dont segregate against 1 class
    Funniest part of this is, if i remember correctly Ghost was a pally 76/77 caps, so they telling him to ban his former build lol

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Doesn't really seem like this cap is meant to be 1v1 at all... And pally is pretty weak in 1v1, they can't produce enough damage to kill my l100 int set with a 101 unawakened pink wand.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

One thing I haven't seen since i started to pvp is a 3v3 ctf tournament. Far as prizes go i think bragging rights is good enough for most lol but a tournament shield to match our new sets would be cool

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I'm not yet into PvP a ton at endgame (still waiting for sets to drop a little) but I think it should be some form of CTF, such as a 3v3 or a 5v5. 5v5 would be tough to get everyone on but I think it could work, but there's also a 3v3 that might be a little easier. And I'm gonna agree on the prize as a tournament shield that matches the upcoming white dragon set, which is definitely possible with Will hosting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

A gold and white tourney shield to match the new white drag set does sound absolutely perfect. Nice to see you planning ahead on this, Will. Good times ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Funniest part of this is, if i remember correctly Ghost was a pally 76/77 caps, so they telling him to ban his former build lol

Problem with 77 cap. Dex bear and str bear could beat pally. People still used elite swift bow set for better blind hit on pallies and still beat them. As you remember (i hope) Cloak (bear) won the 77 tourney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Pallies damage output is probably the worst of all the classes besides fox. They are good in team fights but they are not good in 1v1. They can tank but they do not do much dmg output. Any compotent int mage can beat a pally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Went ahead and deleted the poll since some troll entered in 50x, but please do post tournament types you’d like to see.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Problem with 77 cap. Dex bear and str bear could beat pally. People still used elite swift bow set for better blind hit on pallies and still beat them. As you remember (i hope) Cloak (bear) won the 77 tourney.
    How is this relevant to the thread topic? Please stop raging and disagreeing with everything i say because you don't like me... i try to be helpful to friend and foe alike to keep the game active and competitive but the arrogance of some people causes the help to be for naught. Try thinking logically instead of thinking "jilsponie posted so i have to go tell them they are wrong"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default 105 tourney

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    What’s up guys, it’s that beautiful time of the year. Summer is right around the corner and I’m beyond thrilled to start hosting some tournaments.

What kind of tournament(s) do you want to see? What kind of prizes do you want?
    The white/ gold trim tourney shield to match the white drag seems like a good idea to me as well
    I honestly like team tourneys better than 1v1, so maybe a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney but even teams, like a team of 3 can have 1 mage, 1 bear, 1 bird and same for other team. I hope we actually do have a 105 tourney 👍👍