Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

What's up guys!

My aim in this post is simply to alert you all of of what is to be an exhilarating, electrifying tournament – a 5v5 CTF Tournament in the map 'Castle-Keep-Away' for the recent 105 cap – set, ideally, for late June.

After much deliberation with several members of the PL community, it has come to my attention that what this game needs is a lively, competitive (healthy competition, of course), CTF tournament.

I'm going to go ahead and say it – there are a LOT of new members looking to get involved in the PvP scene. I feel confident saying this because of the recent vanity armor update – after many players consolidating into one or two guilds, I hadn't realize how much endgame has evolved and expanded. That being said, the norm of PvP these days is FFA and 1v1. I am here to tell you all that CTF is a whole new dimension of PL you have yet to experience, and it is time that we restore the entire PvP scene to its fullest. The last successful 5v5 CTF tournament to have ever happened was during the Nuri Cap.

I understand that many of you might have feelings of frustration from this announcement. Of course, there will be many challenges. But if there's one thing that can nourish any tournament, it's with a bangin' PRIZE (and the help of you guys, of course).

Nothing is set in stone about a new tournament shield (or even a new type of vanity for the winner). But I promise I will do my VERY best to have a flavorful, dazzling vanity to match the new gear – perhaps a white PvP shield with gold trims to match the white dragon? The ideas are limitless.

The tournament is going to consist of teams of the classic classes: one bear, two mages, and two birds. Players will use class-specific gear!

To summarize it up, here are some of the appealing elements of this upcoming tournament:

-Exciting, healthy competition in a CTF environment – Map: 'Castle-Keep-Away'
    -AWESOME prizes
    -Utilization of the classic classes + class-specific gear
    -Video documentary (interviewing the teams before the tournament, pre/post-match interviews, etc.)
    -Other fun things...

So here is what I ask of all of you who read this: start planning for the tournament! Spread the word, start practicing, start asking people to form teams! HOST CTF GAMES. This can only be achieved if YOU guys do your part and make it work. The more teams we get, the more fun this is and the bigger, the better prizes there will be!

Please let me know if you guys have any questions – I hope you are all as excited as I am for this event.

~Ghost
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-20-2018 at 12:08 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I was a fan of procs before but i dont really like it implemented in PVP anymore it really is just based on luck now of who can land the most procs win.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    I was a fan of procs before but i dont really like it implemented in PVP anymore it really is just based on luck now of who can land the most procs win.
    Procs have a set amount of autos needed before they happen (im not sure of the amount) but i wouldnt call it purely luck.

Cant wait for this to start.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneLeft For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

A few things need to still be balanced before this even happens.

1. Bow proc needs a balance- the bow proc pool is ridiculously large and cannot be healed out of. It needs to either be shrunk down or be eligable to be healed out of, especially in teams.
    2. Speed proc on wand- i believe the speed boost that mages get with the wand proc needs to be taken out. It effects ranges in a bad way. Its like when we had the samhain speed in pvp.

There may be other things on different classes that should be changed a bit. Hopefully more people can say what their issues are with PVP. I hope this will be a big turn out for endgame pvp. Im not a fan of ctf but i will make sure to put in lots of practice to play this tourney.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Procs definitely need to be addressed prior to this tournament. Thanks for bringing that up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Procs have a set amount of autos needed before they happen (im not sure of the amount) but i wouldnt call it purely luck.

Cant wait for this to start.
    This is incorrect, at least for certain weapons I've played with like Talon. Talon can proc after 1 auto or it can take up to 15 autos (or even more).

Adding a set amount of autos before it procs might make the game more skill based (say a weapon procs every 5 or 10 autos exactly), but right now it's totally random, probably based on a percentage (like 15%, as Cinco has stated is the % 2h weapons can proc).
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-13-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    A few things need to still be balanced before this even happens.

1. Bow proc needs a balance- the bow proc pool is ridiculously large and cannot be healed out of. It needs to either be shrunk down or be eligable to be healed out of, especially in teams.
    2. Speed proc on wand- i believe the speed boost that mages get with the wand proc needs to be taken out. It effects ranges in a bad way. Its like when we had the samhain speed in pvp.

There may be other things on different classes that should be changed a bit. Hopefully more people can say what their issues are with PVP. I hope this will be a big turn out for endgame pvp. Im not a fan of ctf but i will make sure to put in lots of practice to play this tourney.
    I would say shrink the bow proc down to sword/axe proc size, so at the very most it would affect maybe two players if they're standing close together, with one being more likely. This will make players spread out a little bit more knowing they can stay out of the bow proc instead of all being hit by it, but still be close enough to be within heal range from a mage.

I also think the speed from the wand proc is just awkward in pvp and ctf in general and needs to go, as you stated. This would prevent players from running from fights easily and also prevent mages/teams from having a speed advantage in ctf during flag caps.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-13-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    This is incorrect, at least for certain weapons I've played with like Talon. Talon can proc after 1 auto or it can take up to 15 autos (or even more).

Adding a set amount of autos before it procs might make the game more skill based (say a weapon procs every 5 or 10 autos exactly), but right now it's totally random, probably based on a percentage (like 15%, as Cinco has stated is the % 2h weapons can proc).
    Exactly i was about to say all procs are completely random you can proc once and then the second it wears off if can happen again and you can own your opponent if they still haven't proced yet

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I agree with both of your suggestions, Dollo. Especially the first one – I think procs should be generated every set amount of auto clicks rather than be luck based. Otherwise you're forced to click the auto-hit nonstop to have an edge over your opponents, and candidly, I don't want carpal tunnel.

Otherwise, PvP has been pretty fun so far. I'm still figuring out the ropes a bit, but for the most part the gameplay really emphasizes executing proper team play. It's not perfect, but has come a pretty damn long way from earlier.

Plus the new gear is pretty dope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Glad to see more feedback regarding pvp balance showing up here. With more sets in the game as of now, we should see much more of this fairly soon. Excited to have all of my sets completed and look forward to actually getting back into the pvp zones for this cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I agree with both of your suggestions, Dollo. Especially the first one – I think procs should be generated every set amount of auto clicks rather than be luck based. Otherwise you're forced to click the auto-hit nonstop to have an edge over your opponents, and candidly, I don't want carpal tunnel.

Otherwise, PvP has been pretty fun so far. I'm still figuring out the ropes a bit, but for the most part the gameplay really emphasizes executing proper team play. It's not perfect, but has come a pretty damn long way from earlier.

Plus the new gear is pretty dope
    I say 7 autos should land a proc for ALL classes or around that it seems fair enough then complete randomness. I hope all this gets figured out before the tourney starts going on vacay in july and really hope i wont miss this tourney

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I would say shrink the bow proc down to sword/axe proc size, so at the very most it would affect maybe two players if they're standing close together, with one being more likely. This will make players spread out a little bit more knowing they can stay out of the bow proc instead of all being hit by it, but still be close enough to be within heal range from a mage.

I also think the speed from the wand proc is just awkward in pvp and ctf in general and needs to go, as you stated. This would prevent players from running from fights easily and also prevent mages/teams from having a speed advantage in ctf during flag caps.
    I too am in agreeance with what you and Mine AGK stated, but I'd like to address a few other things.

DISCLAIMER: Statements are under the assumption that all parties are geared for their intended sets
    1. Support class heals (Mage, Rhino) do require a reduction to improve overall balance. Currently, a Rhino versus Rhino fight almost always results in draw, same goes for Rhino versus Bear. Similarly, it's nearly impossible to kill mages now since their pool proc has no cooldown whatsoever, and couple that with their low cooldown heal and you get a recipe for disaster.

2. I've noticed that the bow and talon damage is quite low, and many people have noticed this. The bow has less skill damage than the talon by about 300 damage points to each skill, whereas 2h weapons should deal more damage. Additionally, the only reason the bow somewhat has a "chance" per se is because of its proc. Despite having less damage than the talon (which ironically is complained about due to its low damage), the bow is only useful when and if it ever procs. Procs should not be the determining factor of who wins a fight.
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 05-15-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    I too am in agreeance with what you and Mine AGK stated, but I'd like to address a few other things.

DISCLAIMER: Statements are under the assumption that all parties are geared for their intended sets
    1. Support class heals (Mage, Rhino) do require a reduction to improve overall balance. Currently, a Rhino versus Rhino fight almost always results in draw, same goes for Rhino versus Bear. Similarly, it's nearly impossible to kill mages now since their pool proc has no cooldown whatsoever, and couple that with their low cooldown heal and you get a recipe for disaster.

2. I've noticed that the bow and talon damage is quite low, and many people have noticed this. The bow has less skill damage than the talon by about 300 damage points to each skill, whereas 2h weapons should deal more damage. Additionally, the only reason the bow somewhat has a "chance" per se is because of its proc. Despite having less damage than the talon (which ironically is complained about due to its low damage), the bow is only useful when and if it ever procs. Procs should not be the determining factor of who wins a fight.
    1. Rhino buffs are what make rhino SO tanky as of recently with the sets. They have 4 damage skills but give insane party buffs. They need either their buffs nerfed, or a small armor or dodge nerf.
    2. Mages arent as OP as people think. The only thing that saves us in nearly all fights, is heal. Ive been comboed by a bird both with talon and bow. Have had nearly all my hp taken away just by root/shatter/blast. Bow is really good if you kite a mage at distance since the bows range is 13, wait for proc then push and combo. Despite what people think about both talon and bow. If both talon/bow are played more conservatively or even if some people get amazing enchants. They are quite viable classes. Mages have heal regen fast so they can heal out of root spams/stuns/debuffs, otherwise we would just be a mage that cant heal anything to support. Ive fought countless birds and id say roughly 90-95% of them are so used to just taking damage like a tank and dodging everything just to root/shatter/blast mages. You cant with this cap. Play more conservative and know when to push and when to back off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    1. Rhino buffs are what make rhino SO tanky as of recently with the sets. They have 4 damage skills but give insane party buffs. They need either their buffs nerfed, or a small armor or dodge nerf.
    2. Mages arent as OP as people think. The only thing that saves us in nearly all fights, is heal. Ive been comboed by a bird both with talon and bow. Have had nearly all my hp taken away just by root/shatter/blast. Bow is really good if you kite a mage at distance since the bows range is 13, wait for proc then push and combo. Despite what people think about both talon and bow. If both talon/bow are played more conservatively or even if some people get amazing enchants. They are quite viable classes. Mages have heal regen fast so they can heal out of root spams/stuns/debuffs, otherwise we would just be a mage that cant heal anything to support. Ive fought countless birds and id say roughly 90-95% of them are so used to just taking damage like a tank and dodging everything just to root/shatter/blast mages. You cant with this cap. Play more conservative and know when to push and when to back off.
    Mages pool proc has no cooldown. Once again, procs are dictating pvp too much. The pool proc is already strong as is, and it has no cooldown. Not to mention that it adds speed, 100 armor, insane health regen and mana regen, and 250 damage. With no cooldown, I've seen many mages just keep spawning the pool (due to 0.5 speed from wand), sit in it, and spam heal. This makes them impossible to kill.
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 05-15-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    Mages pool proc has no cooldown. Once again, procs are dictating pvp too much. The pool proc is already strong as is, and it has no cooldown. Not to mention that it adds speed, insane health regen and mana regen, and 250 damage. With no cooldown, I've seen many mages just keep spawning the pool (due to 0.5 speed from wand), sit in it, and spam heal. This makes them impossible to kill.
    1. The pool proc isnt that strong. Its mainly there as a mana regen pool. Even with the regen on mana and hp. It still doesnt negate the output of damage from bird or even bear. My mana is still gone when i ms and the bird is still attacking. The damage buff we get can easily be negated by armor enchants, Along with knowing to keep the mage away from its pool in the first place. Learning to time your repulse/stomp/fire and even sometimes your heal, seeing as bird cant heal when talon proc is up.
    2. Ive already stated before atleast 6 or 7 times. The speed buff we get needs to go. It effects ranges and doesnt require skill. Learn to time your fires and it will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The speed buff on the mage proc really does need to go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Good luck teams. I will be selling my current enchanted sets before the tourney starts so let me know if your interested.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-18-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

This is a tempting chance to come back for just one more tournament..... :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    This is a tempting chance to come back for just one more tournament..... :P
    Buy my enchanted sets and your team will have a good chance. :P They are reaching perfect eventually.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-18-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Buy my enchanted sets and your team will have a good chance. :P They are reaching perfect eventually.
    I will keep you in mind whenever I decide to cap a character .

Thank you!
    Walie