Thread: PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

What's up guys!

My aim in this post is simply to alert you all of of what is to be an exhilarating, electrifying tournament – a 5v5 CTF Tournament in the map 'Castle-Keep-Away' for the recent 105 cap – set, ideally, for late June.

After much deliberation with several members of the PL community, it has come to my attention that what this game needs is a lively, competitive (healthy competition, of course), CTF tournament.

I'm going to go ahead and say it – there are a LOT of new members looking to get involved in the PvP scene. I feel confident saying this because of the recent vanity armor update – after many players consolidating into one or two guilds, I hadn't realize how much endgame has evolved and expanded. That being said, the norm of PvP these days is FFA and 1v1. I am here to tell you all that CTF is a whole new dimension of PL you have yet to experience, and it is time that we restore the entire PvP scene to its fullest. The last successful 5v5 CTF tournament to have ever happened was during the Nuri Cap.

I understand that many of you might have feelings of frustration from this announcement. Of course, there will be many challenges. But if there's one thing that can nourish any tournament, it's with a bangin' PRIZE (and the help of you guys, of course).

Nothing is set in stone about a new tournament shield (or even a new type of vanity for the winner). But I promise I will do my VERY best to have a flavorful, dazzling vanity to match the new gear – perhaps a white PvP shield with gold trims to match the white dragon? The ideas are limitless.

The tournament is going to consist of teams of the classic classes: one bear, two mages, and two birds. Players will use class-specific gear!

To summarize it up, here are some of the appealing elements of this upcoming tournament:

-Exciting, healthy competition in a CTF environment – Map: 'Castle-Keep-Away'
    -AWESOME prizes
    -Utilization of the classic classes + class-specific gear
    -Video documentary (interviewing the teams before the tournament, pre/post-match interviews, etc.)
    -Other fun things...

So here is what I ask of all of you who read this: start planning for the tournament! Spread the word, start practicing, start asking people to form teams! HOST CTF GAMES. This can only be achieved if YOU guys do your part and make it work. The more teams we get, the more fun this is and the bigger, the better prizes there will be!

Please let me know if you guys have any questions – I hope you are all as excited as I am for this event.

~Ghost
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-20-2018 at 12:08 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: