Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I will keep you in mind whenever I decide to cap a character .

Thank you!
    Walie
    Are you sure you want to cap to L105 for the 5v5 tourney? Tourney will probably have 4-6 teams @5v5. I wouldn't be surprised 2 or 3 of the teams are from Restoration guild. The tourney should be called "Restoration Tourney". Im in it for the gold. So much hate I will create.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-18-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Are you sure you want to cap to L105 for the 5v5 tourney? Tourney will probably have 4-6 teams @5v5. I wouldn't be surprised 2 or 3 of the teams are from Restoration guild. The tourney should be called "Restoration Tourney". Im in it for the gold. So much hate I will create.
    Yes, you are perpetrating 'hate' by making these unnecessary comments.

It's disappointing that you, alongside many other members of the community, are solely in it for the prizes. Especially given your natural status in the game, I mean, players would actually listen to you if you encouraged them to join the forums and get involved in tournaments. They're supposed to be fun with prizes being the cherry on top. Instead, you marvel at the chance do things only in the interest of yourself. Back in the day, players joined tournaments for the fun of it. I guess that's too much to ask for now, so thank you for making this community a superb place with comments like that

But because we have such a prize-savvy community, I did request from Cinco that for all the participants that join, they will automatically be rewarded with some type of vanity – I'll give more details when and if I get a response on this.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-18-2018 at 05:18 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

It's disappointing that you, alongside many other members of the community, are solely in it for the prizes. Especially given your natural status in the game, I mean, players would actually listen to you if you encouraged them to join the forums and get involved in tournaments. They're supposed to be fun with prizes being the cherry on top. Instead, you marvel at the chance do things only in the interest of yourself. Back in the day, players joined tournament for the fun of it. I guess that's too much to ask for now, so thank you for making this community a superb place with comments like that

But because we have such a prize-savvy community, I did request from Cinco that for all the participants that join, they will automatically be rewarded with some type of vanity – I'll give more details when and if I get a response on this.
    Is it sad that I just wanna join to join lol I always loved the very few tournaments I joined back in the good ol days but I've acquired my L105 full set so I have no want for gold.

Also fyi anyone reading this that hasn't played 5v5 ffa yet, it's incredibly fun. I'm not super pro but I had loads of fun and averaged like 6-7 kills per game and using strategies is seriously freaking fun lol I can't wait for 5v5 ctf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I will be asking bigger endgame guilds like Pocket Community and Reborn if they're interested in getting involved in the tournament by adding a few teams, and of course, the guilds more involved in the pvp scene like Apex and Family. We should have at least two teams coming from Resto as well. I'm excited to play 5v5 ctf like the good 'ol days.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It's disappointing that you, alongside many other members of the community, are solely in it for the prizes. Especially given your natural status in the game, I mean, players would actually listen to you if you encouraged them to join the forums and get involved in tournaments. They're supposed to be fun with prizes being the cherry on top. Instead, you marvel at the chance do things only in the interest of yourself. Back in the day, players joined tournament for the fun of it. I guess that's too much to ask for now, so thank you for making this community a superb place with comments like that

I am stating the facts and some will hate the facts. 4-6 teams and 2-3 restoration is a great tourney. If tourney was 2v2 or 3v3, we will have more teams from different little guilds joining. More teams will bring competitions. The golden days of 5v5 CTF cant be done with the endgame pool we have these days.

From a player that is hosting a tourney endgame and expecting 4-5 teams and the fifth team is weak. Nice comment yesterday.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-18-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

As a side note, I just wanted to join for fun.... I didn't read all of the description of the tournament (caught me red handed! XD) and didn't even know there was a prize..... I think people should join just because they love the game .

As a side note, the comments haven't been bad thus far, but be sure to keep it civil so the thread doesn't get shut down.

Much Love,
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Wall eeeeee
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I had an idea for the tourney and figured id post it but since we all would want a fair and friendly tourney what if we could have enchantments turned off for the 5v5 tourney or just have the enchantments turned off for the next month and a half for Castle Keepaway map so it will level the playing field for everyone so everyone could have a chance at winning and make everyone feel welcomed to come join without them fearing of what could in there eyes ruin a tourney and make it feel as if it was pay to win i just feel like with enchants we cant have 100% fair tourney cause most of us cant get the perfect enchants which yes ctf takes skill and its not about the kills but at the same time if a team has perfected stats vs a team with decent stats it wouldnt be a fair fight the team that payed the most would have the advantage by a decent amount

Anyway cant wait to see where this tourney goes and good luck to everyone!😄

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    I had an idea for the tourney and figured id post it but since we all would want a fair and friendly tourney what if we could have enchantments turned off for the 5v5 tourney or just have the enchantments turned off for the next month and a half for Castle Keepaway map so it will level the playing field for everyone so everyone could have a chance at winning and make everyone feel welcomed to come join without them fearing of what could in there eyes ruin a tourney and make it feel as if it was pay to win i just feel like with enchants we cant have 100% fair tourney cause most of us cant get the perfect enchants which yes ctf takes skill and its not about the kills but at the same time if a team has perfected stats vs a team with decent stats it wouldnt be a fair fight the team that payed the most would have the advantage by a decent amount

Anyway cant wait to see where this tourney goes and good luck to everyone!��
    Hey man!

It's a great suggestion, and I am all about leveling the playing field. However, it would be next to impossible to enforce this. All that players would have to do is substitute their enchanted gear with their non-enchanted gear during the game – the opposing team would have NO idea this is going on. And believe me, where there is something to be exploited in the battle for a cool, new exclusive vanity, that certain thing WILL be exploited.

I really do believe that players do not have to spend tons on enchants. I can speak on behalf of the restor team I'll be playing with. We all have average enchants, obtained through gold rerolls, and none of us blew huge amounts on getting a slightly better stat. At the end of the day, the team play should ultimately be enough to cast aside enchantments.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hey man!

It's a great suggestion, and I am all about leveling the playing field. However, it would be next to impossible to enforce this. All that players would have to do is substitute their enchanted gear with their non-enchanted gear during the game – the opposing team would have NO idea this is going on. And believe me, where there is something to be exploited in the battle for a cool, new exclusive vanity, that certain thing WILL be exploited.

I really do believe that players do not have to spend tons on enchants. I can speak on behalf of the restor team I'll be playing with. We all have average enchants, obtained through gold rerolls, and none of us blew huge amounts on getting a slightly better stat. At the end of the day, the team play should ultimately be enough to cast aside enchantments.
    I think he means have cinco turn off enchantments in pvp. Not trusting the other team to just not wear enchanted gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    I think he means have cinco turn off enchantments in pvp. Not trusting the other team to just not wear enchanted gear.
    Ah, if that could be done that would be great. Though, I don’t really know if Cinco would be up to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Ah, if that could be done that would be great. Though, I don’t really know if Cinco would be up to it.
    I think for this tourney and every tourney onward, Cinco should turn off enchants in the map that players are required to host for playing matches. In this case, since Castle KeepAway is the map that's going to be played on in the tourney, Cinco should turn off enchants in this map during the duration of this tournament. Keep the enchants in all other zones so that players don't lose anything, but this will make it so tournaments are more purely based on strategy, skill, etc. and are not compromised based on who has the better enchants. Even though I don't think enchants make as much of a difference at endgame, they surely will for future twink tournaments, which is why we should start by making this precedent for tournaments.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Omg guys... you have already set the rules, set the format that favors only your guild (5v5 no other guilds could come up with more than 1 team) then got together here on forums and talked cinco into favoring the typical ctf pally mage playing style by adding snare effects to swords giving movement speed advantage, made bow proc unhealable giving that a movement speed advantage, and had speed removed from the int set removing the movement speed advantage over others.

Now remove enchantments too? Ik enchantments are not exactly fair, but y'all are already going to win...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Omg guys... you have already set the rules, set the format that favors only your guild (5v5 no other guilds could come up with more than 1 team) then got together here on forums and talked cinco into favoring the typical ctf pally mage playing style by adding snare effects to swords giving movement speed advantage, made bow proc unhealable giving that a movement speed advantage, and had speed removed from the int set removing the movement speed advantage over others.

Now remove enchantments too? Ik enchantments are not exactly fair, but y'all are already going to win...

1. We are not setting a format that 'favors our guild.' Restoration is a group of experienced, talented PvPers; I'm not trying to brag, but yes, Restoration members have a history of winning tournaments because we do practice all avenues of PvP, particularly types of PvP that require the most strategic gameplay. Other guilds expect to win tournaments when they don't bother to at least try some 5v5 CTF games. I am designing this tournament so we can bring back an element of the game that has been lost for so many years; but change is supposedly frightening to some people. We enjoy 5v5 CTF, and want to host a tournament. You do not have to participate, you are free to host your tournament – why do you have to be so negative about it? It's supposed to be fun. Besides, literally everyone who participates will win a vanity shield.

2. Pally mages are not going to be allowed. The tournament is going to be class-specific sets.

3. What difference does it make for procs if the teams are required to be balanced? Each team will have two birds – hence, two teams can utilize the bow proc.

4. Are you suggesting you do not want to keep a leveled playing field by keeping enchantments? Why would anyone ever want to participate in a tournament where players are deliberately asking for an advantage? Seems logical that a tournament should be as fair as possible; frankly, I find it unbelievable it would be advocated otherwise. Besides, the removal of enchantments is merely an early idea right now that is definitely worth considering. Your precious enchantments might not be eliminated entirely.

I hope one of these days players can actually enjoy the tournament for what it is and not be so critical, regardless of who they think will win. I'm trying to do this for you guys per request.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-20-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

1. We are not setting a format that 'favors our guild.' Restoration is a group of experienced, PvPers; I'm not trying to brag, but yes, Restoration members have a history of winning tournaments because we do practice all avenues of PvP, particularly types of PvP that require the most strategic gameplay. We enjoy 5v5 CTF, and want to host a tournament. You do not have to participate, you are free to host your tournament – why do you have to be so negative about it? It's supposed to be fun. Besides, literally everyone who participates will win a vanity shield.

2. Pally mages are not going to be allowed. The tournament is going to be class-specific sets.

3. What difference does it make for procs if the teams are required to be balanced? Each team will have two birds – hence, two teams can utilize the bow proc.

4. Are you suggesting you do not want to keep a leveled playing field by keeping enchantments? Why would anyone ever want to participate in a tournament where players are deliberately asking for an advantage? Seems logical that a tournament should be as fair as possible; frankly, I find it unbelievable it would be advocated otherwise.

I hope one of these days players can actually enjoy the tournament for what it is and not be so critical, regardless of who they think will win. I'm trying to do this for you guys per request.
    Don't get me wrong I have many friends in restoration.... but a 5v5... you're getting as you said yourself, members that have a history of winning tournaments together in as many numbers as possible to go against people that are going to have to play with people they may have never played with at all, let alone years of experience playing side by side. Honestly if you don't see that as an advantage you're pretty stubborn. Removing enchantments is the one advantage someone else might be able to get to "level the playing field" vs a group of 5 players that have been side by side for years.

In a 2v2 or 3v3 1 experienced good player with a good strategy can carry the team as long as the newer players are skilled and follow strategy... but not in a 5v5.

P.S. If pallies are not allowed, and everyone has to play class specific, now would be a good time to edit the OP to say that.

Last edited by Jilsponie; 05-20-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Don't get me wrong I have many friends in restoration.... but a 5v5... you're getting as you said yourself, members that have a history of winning tournaments together in as many numbers as possible to go against people that are going to have to play with people they may have never played with at all, let alone years of experience playing side by side. Honestly if you don't see that as an advantage you're pretty stubborn. Removing enchantments is the one advantage someone else might be able to get to "level the playing field" vs a group of 5 players that have been side by side for years.

In a 2v2 or 3v3 1 experienced good player with a good strategy can carry the team as long as the newer players are skilled and follow strategy... but not in a 5v5.

P.S. If pallies are not allowed, and everyone has to play class specific, now would be a good time to edit the OP to say that.

I am not being stubborn at all. I do believe that Restor has a good chance of winning REGARDLESS of what type of tournament we host.

It may be hard for you to believe, but I really am passionate about bringing back 5v5 action. I'm not going to argue. There will be plenty of 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future. Not sure why you can't just wait for the next one, or just go ahead and host your own tournament. It's so easy to be critical of everything.

And why on earth would you want a match in which one player has the ability to carry the whole team? Am I going crazy, or is that honestly supposed to be fun? If the "newer players are skilled" as you mentioned, then they should be "skilled" enough for 5v5 CTF! There is nothing more complex about 5v5 CTF... you work cooperatively just like you would in a 3v3 match but now you have a different goal of getting the flags... doesn't seem so difficult to me.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-20-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Skill and experience are 2 completely different things... but yes i agree resto would have a really good chance at winning regardless of the format, but an even bigger chance in a 5v5.amd by carry i mean guide, explain, give strategy, not get all the flags yada yada. You took my words out of context and you know it. Clearly another case of "it's jilsponie so nope" lol
    I am not being stubborn at all. I do believe that Restor has a good chance of winning REGARDLESS of what type of tournament we host.

It may be hard for you to believe, but I really am passionate about bringing back 5v5 action. I'm not going to argue. There will be plenty of 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future. Not sure why you can't just wait for the next one, or just go ahead and host your own tournament. It's so easy to be critical of everything.

And why on earth would you want a match in which one player has the ability to carry the whole team? Am I going crazy, or is that honestly supposed to be fun? If the "newer players are skilled" as you mentioned, then they should be "skilled" enough for 5v5 CTF! There is nothing more complex about 5v5 CTF... you work cooperatively just like you would in a 3v3 match but now you have a different goal of getting the flags... doesn't seem so difficult to me.
    Last edited by Jilsponie; 05-20-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Skill and experience are 2 completely different things... but yes i agree resto would have a really good chance at winning regardless of the format, but an even bigger chance in a 5v5.amd by carry i mean guide, explain, give strategy, not get all the flags yada yada. You took my words out of context and you know it. Clearly another case of "it's jilsponie so nope" lol

Skill and experience are two similar things, you gain skill when you have more experience.

If your definition of 'carry' is to guide, explain, and give strategy, why can't that be applied to CTF? You literally apply the same strategy of fighting but have an external objective of getting a flag and bringing it to your base.

I did not take your words out of context, I read them exactly as it was posted.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-20-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Well congrats you get to learn the definition of a word today... as far as gaining skill with experience, people without some skill never get experience because dying is boring
    Skill and experience are two similar things, you gain skill when you have more experience.

If you're definition of 'carry' is to guide, explain, and give strategy, why can't that be applied to CTF? You literally apply the same strategy of fighting but have an external objective of getting a flag and bringing it to your base.

I did not take your words out of context, I read them exactly as it was posted.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I know this is a pretty steep request since you already have everything planned out, but I feel like rhino and fox have been out of the mix for too long now. I feel like with some rules and regulations fox and rhino wouldn’t be annoying in CTF. I feel as if you should allow any class, but for fox and rhino say they’re not allowed to cap the flag at all, or make it to where they’re not allowed to run flags. I personally never like to run flags in CTF anyway so I would be completely fine with that rule along with anyone who is good at rhino or fox.

-Hook

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post: