Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    I know this is a pretty steep request since you already have everything planned out, but I feel like rhino and fox have been out of the mix for too long now. I feel like with some rules and regulations fox and rhino wouldn’t be annoying in CTF. I feel as if you should allow any class, but for fox and rhino say they’re not allowed to cap the flag at all, or make it to where they’re not allowed to run flags. I personally never like to run flags in CTF anyway so I would be completely fine with that rule along with anyone who is good at rhino or fox.

-Hook
    Just want to point out another reason rhinos are probably excluded is that they are the most OP class in the game and it is not very close.
    and nobody would want a fox on their team because they still suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Anyone who plays or knows rhino understands how hard they are to use in teamplay. They are good in 1v1 yes but it requires a lot to understand and be good with them in any type of teamplay. And yes I know fox sucks but I’m saying give people a choice that’s the point I was trying to get across

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Hook:

You make a really good point. I do struggle with the idea of incorporating foxes and rhinos into these large CTF games for a couple reasons:

1. There really aren't a whole lot of foxes (and rhinos, but mostly foxes) to go around for all the teams. I usually advocate for balanced teams, and telling everyone to have a fox on their team would severely limit the amount of teams we actually have. If foxes had a larger presence in the game, this wouldn't be an issue (but they're very much underpowered).

2. IF foxes, say, were suddenly buffed up and had high damage output, I would be afraid of the amount of times a fox could catch up to the person running the flag and try to kill them. Frankly, it would be a little overwhelming. And yes, while technically this shouldn't be a problem for the opposing team running the flag (since utilizing proper team play should keep you safe), it does prevent virtually any one person from sneaking to grab the flag and go from my experience (since a fox can run down the map like 2-3 times before the player ever reaches their base), which is sometimes a necessary strategic element.

The second point I made doesn't concern me nearly as much as the first. I suspect if you could seek out a handful of foxes, then it would be worth considering. But the fact of the matter is that nobody plays fox, and that would be a huge burden on the overall balance I aim to achieve for these tournaments. The solution would be to just let teams substitute in a fox/rhino for their counterparts if a fox and rhino wanted to participate (for a bird and mage, respectively), but I would most likely still permit the use of two mages and two birds.

Please let me know your thoughts!
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-21-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    1. We are not setting a format that 'favors our guild.' Restoration is a group of experienced, talented PvPers; I'm not trying to brag, but yes, Restoration members have a history of winning tournaments because we do practice all avenues of PvP, particularly types of PvP that require the most strategic gameplay. Other guilds expect to win tournaments when they don't bother to at least try some 5v5 CTF games. I am designing this tournament so we can bring back an element of the game that has been lost for so many years; but change is supposedly frightening to some people. We enjoy 5v5 CTF, and want to host a tournament. You do not have to participate, you are free to host your tournament – why do you have to be so negative about it? It's supposed to be fun. Besides, literally everyone who participates will win a vanity shield.

2. Pally mages are not going to be allowed. The tournament is going to be class-specific sets.

3. What difference does it make for procs if the teams are required to be balanced? Each team will have two birds – hence, two teams can utilize the bow proc.

4. Are you suggesting you do not want to keep a leveled playing field by keeping enchantments? Why would anyone ever want to participate in a tournament where players are deliberately asking for an advantage? Seems logical that a tournament should be as fair as possible; frankly, I find it unbelievable it would be advocated otherwise. Besides, the removal of enchantments is merely an early idea right now that is definitely worth considering. Your precious enchantments might not be eliminated entirely.

I hope one of these days players can actually enjoy the tournament for what it is and not be so critical, regardless of who they think will win. I'm trying to do this for you guys per request.

So Pally a big NO, SAD, I Sure do missed the good old days, endless pvp and ctf game daily and anyone freely use what ever sets, well it's host rules and regulation got to respect that, have fun guys.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Omg guys... you have already set the rules, set the format that favors only your guild (5v5 no other guilds could come up with more than 1 team) then got together here on forums and talked cinco into favoring the typical ctf pally mage playing style by adding snare effects to swords giving movement speed advantage, made bow proc unhealable giving that a movement speed advantage, and had speed removed from the int set removing the movement speed advantage over others.

Now remove enchantments too? Ik enchantments are not exactly fair, but y'all are already going to win...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

That is how Restoration guild works. Get a group of Restoration members to suggest on the forum when things dont go there way. With enchant will bring revenue to the game. I would have a game exist than not at all. STS spent time and tuning these sets to earn some revenue. Restoration shouldn't complain about enchants when most of your members are already enchanted. Also, this is a 5v5 so enchant won't make a difference or very little difference.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Let's not say it's the whole guild... i used to say things like this but it's really not true...

In fact your guild was one i used to lump all together, because of a few toxic bullies that took advantage of your kindness providing stat weapons... i changed my tune on your guild as a whole because YOU tend to be rather respectful... usually lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    That is how Restoration guild works. Get a group of Restoration members to suggest on the forum when things dont go there way. With enchant will bring revenue to the game. I would have a game exist than not at all. STS spent time and tuning these sets to earn some revenue. Restoration shouldn't complain about enchants when most of your members are already enchanted. Also, this is a 5v5 so enchant won't make a difference or very little difference.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Then why do i get it the first auto attack sometimes, and not at all other fights...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Procs have a set amount of autos needed before they happen (im not sure of the amount) but i wouldnt call it purely luck.

Cant wait for this to start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Restoration is not complaining about enchants

You truly have the most warped way of thinking. Not wanting to level the playing field? Do sports matches give a team an extra point/goal before the game starts? No. I am beyond perplexed at some of these wild dispositions. I suggest rereading the last posts. We are not advocating for enchantments to be removed from the game entirely. Can you kindly walk away from this thread and stop derailing it? You seem to not have anything better to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

You truly have the most warped way of thinking. Not wanting to level the playing field? Do sports matches give a team an extra point/goal before the game starts? No. I am beyond perplexed at some of these wild dispositions. I suggest rereading the last posts. We are not advocating for enchantments to be removed from the game entirely. Can you kindly walk away from this thread and stop derailing it? You seem to not have anything better to do.

I should say some players from Restoration are. Does the tourney provide a point at either sides before the game starts? Probably not. Enchant does not add points to the score. Enchant permit players to alter their stats in a way to benefit the players. Any player can reach the same stats.

Please see comment from a Restoration member. I am sure there will be more to come.

"I would like to suggest the removal of enchantments from pvp zones to keep the game from being pay to win.
    1v1 are mainly decided by 1. Enchantments and 2. Who procs the most.
    Although enchantments might not play a huge role in teamplay it does give an advantage to a certain team
    Id like to see pvp go back to whomever has the best skills at the game and not who has the most gold/money"
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-21-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

But with your same argument of leveling the playing field... and using your same sports example, do professional teams play vs amateur teams? Y'all are putting together teams of 5 experienced players, and expecting a level playing field? Most players don't even have the resources to practice 5v5... let alone get enough practice in the next month to complete vs 5 players that have been side by side for years...

That being said, i believe enchantments should be removed from pvp altogether or, fixed so that max enchantments are possible for everyone no matter what. As it stands now some players are paying millions for the same enchantments others get for 200-300k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Jen - Even though I think your argument for not keeping things as completely fair as possible is literally the worst idea for a competition I've ever heard of, you'll more than likely be able to use the enchantments you spent 50k plat on. It was just an idea worth considering, I really hadn't anticipated the accusations and overwhelming disproval from you.

@Jil – That's contradicting, though. You can't just assert that enchantments should be in the tournament so "amateur teams" can fairly compete with "professional teams" then advocate for the removal of enchantments.

If anything, Restoration appreciates the praise. Maybe instead of spending time whining on the forums and derailing my thread, you can spend the time practicing with teams in game if it's so astonishing as you make it out to be.

You guys can host tournaments the way you want to host them, and I'll host tournaments the way I want to host it.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-21-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

@Jen - Even though I think your argument for not keeping things as completely fair as possible is literally the worst idea for a competition I've ever heard of, you'll more than likely be able to use the enchantments you spent 50k plat on. It was just an idea worth considering, I really hadn't anticipated the accusations and overwhelming disproval from you.

@Jil – That's contradicting, though. You can't just assert that enchantments should be in the tournament so "amateur teams" can fairly compete with "professional teams" then advocate for the removal of enchantments.

If anything, Restoration appreciates the praise. Maybe instead of spending time whining on the forums and derailing my thread, you can spend the time practicing with teams in game if it's so astonishing as you make it out to be.

You guys can host tournaments the way you want to host them, and I'll host tournaments the way I want to host it.
    Does the tourney have to be ctf, can we do 5v5 shadow fight arena? Then do ctf later once everyone is used to 105 by that point, ik a lot of people just now getting into ctf that want to tourney but they are discouraged because of the advantage the pvp guilds have

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muzzling For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Does the tourney have to be ctf, can we do 5v5 shadow fight arena? Then do ctf later once everyone is used to 105 by that point, ik a lot of people just now getting into ctf that want to tourney but they are discouraged because of the advantage the pvp guilds have
    +1

It is true that lots of players are still acquiring their L105 sets. They will probably require sometime to be familiar with PVP @ l105. It might be up to the host to update the tourney schedule and pvp rules. Since he is hosting it, he will host the tournament the way he wants to host it.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-21-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Ummm did you read my last post all the way through? I kinda said they should be removed from pvp altogether or fixed to make it fair for all players...

Seeing how in the end I'm supporting YOUR suggestion to remove enchantments from pvp... and simply pointed out that it's weird that someone with a HUGE experience advantage over others is talking about a "level playing field" was silly... it looks like this is just another "disagree with jilsponie for being jilsponie"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

5v5 tourney itself hard to conduct and gathering all players together from different time zones is overwhelming & 5v5 CTF game is one of the least played format after 1v1 map. Instead of that .. well.

Winner is already clear even b4 starting, that restoration will win. Take that as complement xD
    Last edited by Waug; 05-21-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    5v5 tourney itself hard to conduct and gathering all players together from different time zones is overwhelming & 5v5 CTF game is one of the least played format after 1v1 map. Instead of that .. well.

Winner is already clear even b4 starting, that restoration will win. Take that as complement xD
    Restoration is notorious for team play but from experience, have very few people that can hold their own in 1v1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Restoration is notorious for team play but from experience, have very few people that can hold their own in 1v1.
    This tourney will favor restoration just based on the amount who voted for a 5v5 ctf tourney and not a solo tourney. In all honesty, i think solo tourney(s) would be way better for bringing NEW players into PVP. With the past couple years of tourney(s), they have heavily favored restoration. 100 cap was a win for restor and with this 5v5, will more then likely be another win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

@Hook:

You make a really good point. I do struggle with the idea of incorporating foxes and rhinos into these large CTF games for a couple reasons:

1. There really aren't a whole lot of foxes (and rhinos, but mostly foxes) to go around for all the teams. I usually advocate for balanced teams, and telling everyone to have a fox on their team would severely limit the amount of teams we actually have. If foxes had a larger presence in the game, this wouldn't be an issue (but they're very much underpowered).

2. IF foxes, say, were suddenly buffed up and had high damage output, I would be afraid of the amount of times a fox could catch up to the person running the flag and try to kill them. Frankly, it would be a little overwhelming. And yes, while technically this shouldn't be a problem for the opposing team running the flag (since utilizing proper team play should keep you safe), it does prevent virtually any one person from sneaking to grab the flag and go from my experience (since a fox can run down the map like 2-3 times before the player ever reaches their base), which is sometimes a necessary strategic element.

The second point I made doesn't concern me nearly as much as the first. I suspect if you could seek out a handful of foxes, then it would be worth considering. But the fact of the matter is that nobody plays fox, and that would be a huge burden on the overall balance I aim to achieve for these tournaments. The solution would be to just let teams substitute in a fox/rhino for their counterparts if a fox and rhino wanted to participate (for a bird and mage, respectively), but I would most likely still permit the use of two mages and two birds.

Please let me know your thoughts!
    I've been itching for a chance to play competitively on my fox, if they are allowed, count me in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

To those bashing on Will about this tournament, I would like to make some small points to put this all into perspective:

Firstly, Will is being kind enough to host a tournament in the first place. Hosting a tournament isn't a piece of cake, as everyone with a question comes to you, and all those looking to sign up also go to that person. Thus, Will is taking on a huge responsibility (as he has done many times in the past) and deserves a resounding "thank you" from the entire community.

Secondly, Will has openly recognized that restoration will have multiple teams in the tournament. This isn't because he is looking to rig the tournament... it's because those are the people who play endgame!!

Thirdly, I implore everyone to not be deterred by restoration teams being in the tournament, instead, embrace the challenge and try to play to their level! From what I have seen on this post as well as many others, restoration recognizes that they are the most experienced players at endgame PvP, but aren't looking for a chance to gloat. They are just looking for fun competition. So don't take it as a "tournament restoration just wants to win". Look at it as a chance for fellow lovers of the game to have fun.

Fourthly (if that's a word), Will has been open to all chances to level the playing field for everyone. He even mentioned that he would be up for asking Cinco about disabling enchantments for the tournament! Clearly, there is a willingness to be flexible, and make the experience fun for everyone.

I could go on for ages, but I think this sums up the majority of what I am thinking. Remember, this is a tournament for fun. By debating over the logistics, I find we are taking away from the intent of the tournament in the first place.

Thus, I, as well as many others I'm sure, would be thankful for the Will-bashing to stop. Let's move forward and enjoy a fun CTF tournament!

Thank you for all those who read this,
    Walie

P.S. Be sure to keep the comments civil so the thread doesn't get closed

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    To those bashing on Will about this tournament, I would like to make some small points to put this all into perspective:

Firstly, Will is being kind enough to host a tournament in the first place. Hosting a tournament isn't a piece of cake, as everyone with a question comes to you, and all those looking to sign up also go to that person. Thus, Will is taking on a huge responsibility (as he has done many times in the past) and deserves a resounding "thank you" from the entire community.

Secondly, Will has openly recognized that restoration will have multiple teams in the tournament. This isn't because he is looking to rig the tournament... it's because those are the people who play endgame!!

Thirdly, I implore everyone to not be deterred by restoration teams being in the tournament, instead, embrace the challenge and try to play to their level! From what I have seen on this post as well as many others, restoration recognizes that they are the most experienced players at endgame PvP, but aren't looking for a chance to gloat. They are just looking for fun competition. So don't take it as a "tournament restoration just wants to win". Look at it as a chance for fellow lovers of the game to have fun.

Fourthly (if that's a word), Will has been open to all chances to level the playing field for everyone. He even mentioned that he would be up for asking Cinco about disabling enchantments for the tournament! Clearly, there is a willingness to be flexible, and make the experience fun for everyone.

I could go on for ages, but I think this sums up the majority of what I am thinking. Remember, this is a tournament for fun. By debating over the logistics, I find we are taking away from the intent of the tournament in the first place.

Thus, I, as well as many others I'm sure, would be thankful for the Will-bashing to stop. Let's move forward and enjoy a fun CTF tournament!

Thank you for all those who read this,
    Walie

P.S. Be sure to keep the comments civil so the thread doesn't get closed
    This is exactly why some people hate team play. This is also another reason why NEW players dont stay or participate in future tourney(s). As ive already said, restoration has very few people that are good in a solo. Yes, they are good in teams but few hold their own in a solo. Having the same people win over and over and over again isnt fun for NEW players. I dont see people hating on Will, i just see people calling the game before anything because its an obvious statement that has some logic behind it.

Everyone has thanked Will for hosting this several times as we always do when he hosts a tourney. Its just frustrating to SOME that the tournament in this case, benefits the people who team play more then anyone else instead of seeing who can win a different type of tourney. Congrats to restoration to being (in my opinion) the best team players in PL. Ill still make sure i enter the tourney just for fun, so we shall see what happens.