Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    A battle of enchantments, I love it!

@Hook — I have some thoughts about incorporating foxes and rhinos that I will post when I have access to a computer.
    Lol? As ive already talked abouy before, enchantments should be allowed to be locked or would be deactivated as you have already REQUESTED for the 5v5 tourney.

Guess i could say the 5v5 tourney is a battle of people that havent team played as much as RESTORATION. Looks like those people are also at a disadvantage? Lol Will, you seem to refuse the idea of letting Restoration get into some 1v1 tourney it seems like? Youre one of the few i actually had hope for in the 1v1 mage section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Some people like me are just really passionate about bringing 5v5 back. We haven't had a tournament since the level 61 cap, as I've stated several times now. It's overdue compared to any other tournament style.

Restoration is not trying to 'rig' tournaments. We are not trying to profit. We are just trying to have fun in a way that we think would be the most fair way possible for everyone in such a tournament style. There will be people who disagree with rules no matter what is implemented. No matter the tournament style, no matter if people are allowed to use any class and gear combination they choose (hybrids) or if it's purely class-based, no matter if foxes and rhinos are allowed or banned, no matter if enchantments are allowed or not allowed. And so Ghost will implement rules that he thinks are deemed fair by the majority of players after talking with a great amount of such players and hearing everyone's feedback, both from in Restoration, in Pocket Community, in Apex, in Reborn, on forums, in game-only players who don't use forums, whatever.

The way I started out 5v5ing was as a novice. I had plenty of randoms on my team and I played against a coordinated opposing team that usually consisted of ex-Unity players such as Kanital, Imkelly, Amyxrose, HmmHmm, Xrax, or throw in Skimmey in there as well. All top players in their prime. I got beat down, sometimes my team got slaughtered. But soon enough, I became a challenging opponent to them. Through determination, I was able to rack up the highest kills in later games and cap the most flags for my team, even if it was in a losing effort. And at the end of the day, challenging myself made me a better player. It didn't discourage me, or make me sad and bitter. It made me have fun, which is what I think many people don't consider the bigger picture here. People are getting so wrapped up in prizes that Ghost had to personally ask Cinco to grant everyone who participates in this tourney a prize so that everyone could still feel like they won something at the end of the day, rather than just being content with winning or losing and having fun playing the game.

As stated by others, you are open to host any kind of tournament that you desire. If you dislike this one, there are bound to be other tournaments hosted that you will like, whether Ghost hosts one in the future after this one or another individual hosts one at anytime.

Everyone should just drop the negativity on this thread. That includes Restoration players and that includes people attacking the tournament host (Ghost) and his guild.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Some people like me are just really passionate about bringing 5v5 back. We haven't had a tournament since the level 61 cap, as I've stated several times now. It's overdue compared to any other tournament style.

Restoration is not trying to 'rig' tournaments. We are not trying to profit. We are just trying to have fun in a way that we think would be the most fair way possible for everyone in such a tournament style. There will be people who disagree with rules no matter what is implemented. No matter the tournament style, no matter if people are allowed to use any class and gear combination they choose (hybrids) or if it's purely class-based, no matter if foxes and rhinos are allowed or banned, no matter if enchantments are allowed or not allowed. And so Ghost will implement rules that he thinks are deemed fair by the majority of players after talking with a great amount of such players and hearing everyone's feedback, both from in Restoration, in Pocket Community, in Apex, in Reborn, on forums, in game-only players who don't use forums, whatever.

The way I started out 5v5ing was as a novice. I had plenty of randoms on my team and I played against a coordinated opposing team that usually consisted of ex-Unity players such as Kanital, Imkelly, Amyxrose, HmmHmm, Xrax, or throw in Skimmey in there as well. All top players in their prime. I got beat down, sometimes my team got slaughtered. But soon enough, I became a challenging opponent to them. Through determination, I was able to rack up the highest kills in later games and cap the most flags for my team, even if it was in a losing effort. And at the end of the day, challenging myself made me a better player. It didn't discourage me, or make me sad and bitter. It made me have fun, which is what I think many people don't consider the bigger picture here. People are getting so wrapped up in prizes that Ghost had to personally ask Cinco to grant everyone who participates in this tourney a prize so that everyone could still feel like they won something at the end of the day, rather than just being content with winning or losing and having fun playing the game.

As stated by others, you are open to host any kind of tournament that you desire. If you dislike this one, there are bound to be other tournaments hosted that you will like, whether Ghost hosts one in the future after this one or another individual hosts one at anytime.

Everyone should just drop the negativity on this thread. That includes Restoration players and that includes people attacking the tournament host (Ghost) and his guild.
    Once again, you seem to be forgetting the fact that nearly all of pvps player base at this point in time, are 1v1 players that have done nothing but fight solo. Some will do FFA with 3v3 squads and some have also been involved in guild wars back at 76/77 cap being the most aggressive ive seen. CTF died a long time ago, so few people do it. No one is taking shots at Will. They are just calling it how they see it. That being restoration having the most experience in team play then nearly anyone in the endgame player base at this point in time. A few OG people will be entering the tourney, but not in the sheer numbers old players used to come. Such as Shiloo, Angeldawn, Cloak, Kanital, Allen and some other OG players from Family, Apex and Prevail, Maybe even some others that are in restoration and still remain inactive. The majority of players at endgame PvP are so used to playing in 1v1 fights and not team play. This once again, puts those players at a disadvantage.

This is another reason why i will be hosting a 5 class 1v1 tourney. Putting each class vs itself. Rules will be coming today.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Agreed and agreed... while i don't agree a 5v5 tournament will ever have a "level playing field" due to the extreme skill gap in players...

As you just said ,when you went against a large group of more experience players you lost bad at first, and that's how you got good. 5 people is alot of people to put on a team, I'm not seeing it feasible for a majority of the community to even practice a 5v5 situation. And learning in a tournament environment isn't exactly ideal.

As far as trophies for losers, alot of people think things like this are the cause for entitlement we see among the yourger generation. And really think it sets a bad example of "if you can't make it in life someone will take care of you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Once again, you seem to be forgetting the fact that nearly all of pvps player base at this point in time, are 1v1 players that have done nothing but fight solo. Some will do FFA with 3v3 squads and some have also been involved in guild wars back at 76/77 cap being the most aggressive ive seen. CTF died a long time ago, so few people do it. No one is taking shots at Will. They are just calling it how they see it. That being restoration having the most experience in team play then nearly anyone in the endgame player base at this point in time. A few OG people will be entering the tourney, but not in the sheer numbers old players used to come. Such as Shiloo, Angeldawn, Cloak, Kanital, Allen and some other OG players from Family, Apex and Prevail, Maybe even some others that are in restoration and still remain inactive. The majority of players at endgame PvP are so used to playing in 1v1 fights and not team play. This once again, puts those players at a disadvantage.

This is another reason why i will be hosting a 5 class 1v1 tourney. Putting each class vs itself. Rules will be coming today.
    That's the reason we're hosting this tournament – BECAUSE everyone 1v1's. I understand that it may not be 'fair' on the surface for many players, but I am going to deviate away from the norm on this one to bring something a little more fresh. Good luck with your 1v1 tournaments! I am happy to participate.

Some current thoughts on fox and rhino incorporation:

I have neglected foxes and rhinos for every one of my team tournaments. And I understand that there are some players here and there that do only main one of these two classes.

I am going to make a proposal, and would love your guys' feedback. I have no problem with rhinos and foxes joining, under some circumstances though. As previously mentioned, they would not be able to touch the flag at all. The only time I would say it is acceptable for foxes/rhinos to carry the flag was if their teammate dropped it, and the flag had to be saved. But any indicator that the fox/rhino was dashing or charging, it would be a DQ.

Should a team want to incorporate a fox, then they must substitute the fox in for one of the bird slots. Should a team want to incorporate a rhino, then they must substitute the rhino in for one of the mage slots.

The plan is to use class-specific gear except for rhinos. I don't really have issues with foxes since they're not exactly OP, but I am concerned that a rhino coinciding with a mage and a bear is virtually indestructible. I have tested this, and skilled teams can 'exploit' this set up fairly easy. I don't want to eliminate the strategy that actually involves defeating the opponents in small-sided battles on the side channels of the map, as opposed to just tanking your way down and not having to worry about re-spawning in your base.

Hence, I propose that rhinos can wear any of the sets except for the STR set. This would, I think, resolve the problem I said above.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-23-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

That's the reason we're hosting this tournament – BECAUSE everyone 1v1's. I understand that it may not be 'fair' on the surface for many players, but I am going to deviate away from the norm on this one to bring something a little more fresh. Good luck with your 1v1 tournaments! I am happy to participate.

I have neglected foxes and rhinos for every one of my team tournaments. And I understand that there are some players here and there that do only main one of these two classes.

I am going to make a proposal, and would love your guys' feedback. I have no problem with rhinos and foxes joining, under some circumstances though. As previously mentioned, they would not be able to touch the flag at all. The only time I would say it is acceptable for foxes/rhinos to carry the flag was if their teammate dropped it, and the flag had to be saved. But any indicator that the fox/rhino was dashing or charging, it would be a DQ.

Should a team want to incorporate a fox, then they must substitute the fox in for one of the bird slots. Should a team want to incorporate a rhino, then they must substitute the rhino in for one of the mage slots.

The plan is to use class-specific gear except for rhinos. I don't really have issues with foxes since they're not exactly OP, but I am concerned that a rhino coinciding with a mage and a bear is virtually indestructible. I have tested this, and skilled teams can 'exploit' this set up fairly easy. I don't want to eliminate the strategy that actually involves defeating the opponents in small-sided battles on the side channels of the map, as opposed to just tanking your way down and not having to worry about re-spawning in your base.

Hence, I propose that rhinos can wear any of the sets except for the STR set. This would, I think, resolve the problem I said above.

Thoughts?
    I would vote against these flag terms as a team could accuse a fox / rhino of running when they didn't. It isn't beyond possibility that a team would create controversy over that and generally just be jerks.

I like the no str set Rhinos.

I like the any set foxes (I'm totally not biased) :P!

As a side note, why not just have all classes acceptable, and just have each team have a runner if they so choose? I think that when both teams have a runner for ctf, it would one, be fair, and two create a new dimension to the game. Quite frankly, I as a fox main for the past several years constantly get frustrated when people think that running the flag is an easy endeavor. It in no way is the case. In order to run the flag correctly, a constant awareness of enemy spacing and crowd control is needed.

I know that many of the people currently committed to the tournament hate flag running with a passion (to the point where I get raging pms at the end of ctf games), but if they too had a runner, would it be so bad?

Let me know your thoughts,
    Walie <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Thoughts?
    I indeed love the idea Ghost, but the only problem is, me as an STR rhino, I currently can’t afford another set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

And also I’m use to being a tanky support type player in teamplay, so it would have to be a big change for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I am down with the idea though I’m just going to have to buy another set so let me know if you’re 100% offical, and if you are, I’ll work on selling my STR and going for a new play style

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I Think cinco should revamp ctf and PvP, i mean, include it in event to make it more alive and gain interest to new Players, i think ctf and PVP map cinco should make it during Halloween, Easter, Christmas where Players goal was to fight there way to earn and win special vanity, the ctf and pvp map depends on cinco resources to make it fun, like instant speed orb, invisible mode for few sec orb, tank orb, or anything crazy, make it Profitable too like Players can buy for a fee of small plat can have extra special effects during event, This way People won't be boring of just farming, they can have fun too and learn PVP, with this we could attract more people to Pocket Legends, what People want is something fun beside farming.

This way we have more new Players in ctf and PvP, who knows this new group of players can be the next new Top Fighter and even give a greater challenge to old Players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Hook,

I think I’m going to stick with the current idea for Rhinos. I know it’s frustrating, but as I’ve mentioned to you, I’m really trying to appeal to as many players as possible. Letting Rhinos use STR sets would significantly decrease the strategy involved, I do believe. There will be plenty of tournaments in the future where str rhinos will be able to participate (but hopefully they can be a bit more balanced).

Foxes and Rhinos will NOT be able to touch the flag at all. Lots of people have complained to me that if they have any opportunity to get the flag, something will be exploited, and I don’t want to cause any controversy.

When I make the actual tournament thread, this will all be articulated very clearly. Looking to open up registration at the beginning of June, and I anticipate teams would fill up by early-mid June.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

@Hook,

I think I’m going to stick with the current idea for Rhinos. I know it’s frustrating, but as I’ve mentioned to you, I’m really trying to appeal to as many players as possible. Letting Rhinos use STR sets would significantly decrease the strategy involved, I do believe. There will be plenty of tournaments in the future where str rhinos will be able to participate (but hopefully they can be a bit more balanced).

Foxes and Rhinos will NOT be able to touch the flag at all. Lots of people have complained to me that if they have any opportunity to get the flag, something will be exploited, and I don’t want to cause any controversy.

When I make the actual tournament thread, this will all be articulated very clearly. Looking to open up registration at the beginning of June, and I anticipate teams would fill up by early-mid June.
    Gonna have to respectfully disagree on STR rhino being an easy choice for team play, half of the people complaining never used rhino before and do not understand how hard it is to use in team play in general. And also, didn’t you say I can’t touch the flag at base, but I might have to save it if my teammate dies, I think that is the balanced way, and you should go with that rule so I’m not completely tied down. I believe in playing ctf the classic way, and will not try to exploit any of your rules, i just feel like it would be physically impossible to win if I can’t even SAVE the flag... yes I’m okay with the rule where I can’t grab the flag at base, but I think I should be able to save it.

Let me know and I appreciate your understanding and giving me this chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I tested it out a bit today. I'm going to have to disagree and say that a STR rhino + bear + mage combo is overwhelming, and fairly impossible to penetrate. It's an endless cycle of revives -- the rhino is a secondary tank and can attack whenever there is an opening (i.e. when talon proc isn't up).

We tested then with dex and ints sets on the rhino. They're actually quite solid for killing and providing support, also solid tankers -- but they are by far more balanced in terms of team play for a CTF tournament.

I'm going to stand by what I originally said. I know it is frustrating and I really do wish Rhinos and Foxes could fit into CTF a little better, but I really want to ensure that everyone enjoys playing the CTF matches. I really foresee people complaining about the Rhino/bear/mage combo as mentioned above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I tested it out a bit today. I'm going to have to disagree and say that a STR rhino + bear + mage combo is overwhelming, and fairly impossible to penetrate. It's an endless cycle of revives -- the rhino is a secondary tank and can attack whenever there is an opening (i.e. when talon proc isn't up).

We tested then with dex and ints sets on the rhino. They're actually quite solid for killing and providing support, also solid tankers -- but they are by far more balanced in terms of team play for a CTF tournament.

I'm going to stand by what I originally said. I know it is frustrating and I really do wish Rhinos and Foxes could fit into CTF a little better, but I really want to ensure that everyone enjoys playing the CTF matches. I really foresee people complaining about the Rhino/bear/mage combo as mentioned above.
    Okay yes I understand I can’t use STR sets, but what about being able to recover the flag? Not carrying it from base but if a teammate dies, pick it up and finish the job?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Okay yes I understand I can’t use STR sets, but what about being able to recover the flag? Not carrying it from base but if a teammate dies, pick it up and finish the job?
    Pretty sure he's saying no rhino/fox at all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Yes, you’ll be able to recover the flags.

@trenton — they will be allowed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Yes, you’ll be able to recover the flags.

@trenton — they will be allowed
    Great news! Thank you so much